Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toggle
Nov 7, 2005

lol gently caress the banks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
I genuinely hope you have fun in Turdsville, Montana, OP, but I am not sure why you feel the need to drag me there

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 244 days!)

gently caress you im the mayor of tursville

get outta mah town!

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Costello Jello posted:

I genuinely hope you have fun in Turdsville, Montana, OP, but I am not sure why you feel the need to drag me there

it's the next something awful forums project

goonville

unassertive boy 99
Dec 7, 2014

by Ralp
Your years of construction experience have resulted in the biggest job of your career, moose face. But question is can u handle the pressure that comes with great responsibilityy :wth:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

unassertive boy 99 posted:

If you have half of that AND YOU ARE SINGLE (or at least have TIME) then get the heck at me :D

Hey girl.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

i like that the graph conspicuously was after the great depressionrecession

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

moose face posted:

it's the next something awful forums project

goonville

The citizens of Turdsville reject your name change as worse than the devil they know

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
this thread has convinced me, I'm going to buy a trailer and live in a trailer park

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
i'd really like a small + efficient house prolly steel frame with concrete SIP panels. modern as poo poo to piss off the neighbors

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

i love my houseboat. moaring fees are exy, but i have crab pots and fish.
can never get any incall hookers though heh

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

i have hosed a mermaid fyi

unassertive boy 99
Dec 7, 2014

by Ralp
This is the smartest decision you have made in a very long time! There is no one turned off-grider that goes BACK ON THE GRID. It doesn't happen. People are happy with less, that's how we've been for thousands of years. With basically nothing. And we were happy. Society is way too overrated.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

i only like my house because it gives me more room to place my cars

unassertive boy 99
Dec 7, 2014

by Ralp

Literal Carehaver posted:

i'd really like a small + efficient house prolly steel frame with concrete SIP panels. modern as poo poo to piss off the neighbors

Heck yeah. I want a waterfall, and a bonsai

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

modern as poo poo to piss off the neighbors

agreed

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Your years of construction experience have resulted in the biggest job of your career, moose face. But question is can u handle the pressure that comes with great responsibilityy :wth:

no... i've fallen apart

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

It is difficult to commute from my house boat though. I have to take my dinghy to work on a trailer. I work in the city. Fukn love my water house

unassertive boy 99
Dec 7, 2014

by Ralp
drat. The handsome construction magnate with an impressive jet set resume -- was he in shambles himself inside? Had he joist beams of his heart grown too worn, a structure moments from total collapse and ruin... The irony of it all

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

admit it you just wanted to get nailed

unassertive boy 99
Dec 7, 2014

by Ralp

toggle posted:

i love my houseboat. moaring fees are exy, but i have crab pots and fish.
can never get any incall hookers though heh

Houseboat sleep is solid loving sleep. Nothing waking you up when you taking a nap in a barge down there.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

drat. The handsome construction magnate with an impressive jet set resume -- was he in shambles himself inside? Had he joist beams of his heart grown too worn, a structure moments from total collapse and ruin... The irony of it all

the foundation was built with lies and its structural integrity compromised by rainwater

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
im gonna build an island from old soda bottles BRB

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Houseboat sleep is solid loving sleep. Nothing waking you up when you taking a nap in a barge down there.

Its true. Like womb sleeping. Silence. Just the gentle lapping of mother ocean.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Op I'm posting from a ocean going cruiser that has it's own water maker and generator and 700 gallons of diesel tank capacity. I can totally go off the grid. am bourgeois scum that deserves death or perfectly positioned to execute your dream scenario.

unassertive boy 99
Dec 7, 2014

by Ralp
You should donate to underfunded libraries in Latin America, then pick me up at the nearest port bro I'm ready for my leisurely life.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Bishop posted:

I can totally go off the grid.

yesss how good is it? (gently caress the banks)

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

toggle posted:

yesss how good is it? (gently caress the banks)
it sucks I work all of the time and death is certain. Guys that work at Walmart and play video games in their poo poo apartments have life figured out

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

ThirdPartyView posted:

The D&D (?) edit of this WSJ .gif is the best.

I have an apartment and a house; I prefer the apartment most of the time though, it's less upkeep. It's nice having a large enough place to spread out though.

goodnight mooned
Aug 2, 2007

Nefarious posted:

I live inside the carapace of an ancient giant crab

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

invite a gal in and she backs out at the sight of this

well good, coz it means she a vapid slut...
I think this place was featured in Cramped Homes for Blind Grandmas.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Fattest PI posted:

this thread has convinced me, I'm going to buy a trailer and live in a trailer park

lol

http://www.tinyhousevancouver.com/

https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/comments/2t5cd5/an_alternative_to_the_hellish_housing_costs_in/

Basically crazy hipster girl found a solution to Vancouver's overpriced housing.

(aka living in a trailer park for $800 a month and also $40,000 in cash)

AxeBreaker
Jan 1, 2005
Who fucking cares?

Some relatives of mine bought a house in the mountains in the Southeastern US. The house was on 8 acres, but they only wanted 3, so it was parceled out. A fat Wicca couple bought a big chunk of the property. There was a barn that they would party in; they have foam swords hung up on the wall, and evidence of camping strewn all about. After about a year they they built a 600 square foot house to live in. It's completely off the grid, no water and no electricity, the nearest water is a spring a few hundred feet away.

They love their small house. They gave up their jobs in IT and something else to give paid talks on tiny house living. They blog about it, and take pictures of them living in their tiny house.

Of course, they don't really live there. They got a townhouse in a nearby small city, a liberal oasis in a red sea of southern conservatism. But why would they bail on their new lifestyle? Could they just not stand having fewer possessions? No, it's even dumber than that.

Kitty didn't like it. Kitty didn't like it because kitty is a sphinx cat, one of those naked reminders of how horrible cats look without fur. They were stupid enough to own a naked cat and build an unheated house and not know that wouldn't work out. I'm sure there are other reasons, like the fact that living in that house is basically camping, but that's the main one.

Of course, you wouldn't know it from the pictures they post. They re-arrange the place and take pictures for their blog. They even leave a car up there to give the impression that they're home when they are at their real house. I haven't checked recently, but they may even subject kitty to the occasional visit to prop up their scam.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

im gonna build an island from old soda bottles BRB

that guy's soda bottle island got destroyed by a storm, but I think he might have built a new one

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

you could say they are...pussy whipped

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

AxeBreaker posted:

tiny house hucksters

Amazing. My mom is obsessed with those "Tiny House" blogs. She probably reads whatever dumb blog they have.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

etalian posted:

lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/comments/2t5cd5/an_alternative_to_the_hellish_housing_costs_in/

Basically crazy hipster girl found a solution to Vancouver's overpriced housing.

ahahhahaha this is the dumbest poo poo I've ever seen. 800/month and 40Gs down to live in a loving tiny box in a trailer park? WHAT A BARGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can buy a nicer place, put 40K down and pay less than 800 bucks mortgage, even in vancouver.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I like my house but I'm pretty rich compared to most of you loving losers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

etalian posted:

lol

That's awesome until the trailer park owner sells to a developer and then you have to move your house.

• Locked thread