Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Ral Zarek-Stasis is pretty fun in terms of interactions, IMO.

Angry Grimace posted:

Incredibly useless looking "Mythic"

:siren: NEW COMMAND CYCLE :siren:

The Shaman is OK and ironically gives GR Monsters a new win condition, but I'm super-interested in the Command cycle.

bhsman fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Mar 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

What the gently caress is that Shaman.

What the gently caress new commands yessss.

They just made a "worse" Cryptic command and I don't know how to feel about it.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
He can beat okay in mono G devotion I guess

e: nice more commands

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Wow they're really phoning it in with every mode except draw a card being worse than cryptic (okay im not really serious cryptic is kind of stupid good).

ALSO BIORHYTHM :staredog:

Zoness fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 3, 2015

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
repost for new page:

Incredibly useless looking "Mythic"

:siren: NEW COMMAND CYCLE :siren:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

That shaman is hilariously bad, but I hope they push the power level on at least one of these commands since they're not monocolored spells.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Intro pack rares.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Wow what a terrible loving Mythic.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Beaten on the Intro dudes.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I might put Pristine Skywise in an EDH deck.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

GonSmithe posted:

Wow what a terrible loving Mythic.

Commands are fun and exciting, but this one is pretty low power imo

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Of all of those, Pristine Skywise looks like it's the strongest.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I don't think the Shaman is bad if your deck is basically all creatures, Fyndhorn Elder is a fine card. If not though, yeah it's pretty useless.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
Going to be fairly bummed at an ally color only command cycle. Give me a drat Izzet command!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Tonetta posted:

dang i cant think of any other card in standard with similar effects that is even remotely playable either but you really should stop sieging this thread like this

You talking about Eidolon? Are you really comparing the power level of these cards?

Alaan
May 24, 2005

The ojutai style guide must say "make sure a bunch of djinns and poo poo are just hanging out."

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
Can't wait to play that shaman.... in EDH, that is.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Man that command

I wish it was "from a graveyard", then it'd actually be pretty Modern playable

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 3, 2015

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Elyv posted:

I don't think the Shaman is bad if your deck is basically all creatures, Fyndhorn Elder is a fine card. If not though, yeah it's pretty useless.

That Mythic is worse in every real way than Elvish Mystic.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

That command being able to return a Snapcaster seems pretty good

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Alaan posted:

The ojutai style guide must say "make sure a bunch of djinns and poo poo are just hanging out."

There's a dragon, but it looks less like a Dragon is actually there and more they're all standing in front of a big Dragon flag.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
I don't know if it's because I like tokens a lot but I feel boltwing marauder may see play.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Starving Autist posted:

Can't wait to play that shaman.... in EDH, that is.

I wonder if they'll ban it, because Sheldon hates Biorhythm but the Shaman gives you plenty of warning before he potentially kills off some players.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

That command being able to return a Snapcaster seems pretty good

check this sweet combo:

command back your snapcaster, snap back your command. Gain 8 life.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

Yes, but firstly I see no reason why every mythic has to be better than every common, and secondly I think it still might be playable if the right deck pops up.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Angry Grimace posted:

Elvish Mystic can't win the game on the spot against low-creature control decks?

Balon posted:

I don't know if it's because I like tokens a lot but I feel boltwing marauder may see play.

Hordeling Outburst says hi.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

bhsman posted:

Elvish Mystic can't win the game on the spot against low-creature control decks?

Hordeling Outburst says hi.

This card will never win the game on the spot against anyone ever, let's not get crazy

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
Not every mythic has to be constructed caliber, but that ability certainly feels mythic. Maybe they could print it on a rare, but I don't know.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Those intro pack dragons are much closer to playable than I'd expect from looking at the GW one. I mean except the GW one.

Dr. Stab posted:

check this sweet combo:

No no. Command back your snapcaster, snapcaster back your cryptic command, counter their noncreature spell (ideally a command of their own) and draw a bunch of cards.

Awww yeah. Commands commanding commands for days.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Starving Autist posted:

Not every mythic has to be constructed caliber, but that ability certainly feels mythic. Maybe they could print it on a rare, but I don't know.

an 11 mana activated Biorhythm that you can't always use? :geno: I don't entirely agree with Grimace's perception of the power level, but honestly that card doesn't feel mythic to me.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Angry Grimace posted:

This card will never win the game on the spot against anyone ever, let's not get crazy

Why not?

Starving Autist posted:

I feel like Biorhythm would've been printed at Mythic today, so this doesn't feel like a stretch to me.

bhsman fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 3, 2015

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Dr. Stab posted:

check this sweet combo:

But you need 8 mana...

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Starving Autist posted:

Yeah exactly, it's a guy who remembers how to do biorhythm, it's cool, if not particularly powerful.

Also in limited it ramps you from 3 to 6 and 3 for a 2/3 blocks morphs comfortably.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Elyv posted:

an 11 mana activated Biorhythm that you can't always use? :geno: I don't entirely agree with Grimace's perception of the power level, but honestly that card doesn't feel mythic to me.

It's a mythic for Timmy, not a mythic for Spike.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Wow I don't want to play against this in sealed.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

bhsman posted:

Why not?

It costs 11 mana, he can't use his own mana to trigger it and the ability even being good is totally conditional on you having better creatures than your opponent. The card is green, green has the worst removal ever. Even if you rip it out in a Nykthos deck, if you got to 11 you were already winning and probably would rather have something better on the battlefield.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Starving Autist posted:

I'm aware of that. I don't think it's particularly cool, even for Timmy. I could easily be wrong, though.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Starving Autist posted:

We noticed

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
That Shaman's ability is spectacularly useless, but there's going to be a time where a Timmy player gets it to work against someone at his LGS playing a ridiculous control deck, and then we'll all get to see a news report about a murder at FNM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
That Shaman might be funny in my Omnath TL deck but I can't see myself wanting it otherwise. Can't wait to see the rest of this commands though.

• Locked thread