Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
Apparently you can use healing items in Player Matches. Son of a bitch, don't you chug that anime Estus while I'm smacking you around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm gonna blast "Rock the Dragon" and "Freeza" by Maximum The Hormone on repeat now while punching gokus :dance:

DBZ good-times soundtrack:

Rock The Dragon
Freeza
Tokusentai
Cha La (Original)

Psygnosis posted:

You forgot one:

Dont forget this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b0oQkjup4Q

Teslavi
May 28, 2006
Ridiculous.
Honestly, the only thing that will break you in pvp is if 1) you don't have kami/piccolo soul or 2) you don't have a way to fight against the kami/piccolo soul (ki denial/drain). From there on out there's a lot of viable stuff. You also run into a lot of cool gimmick builds in pvp. As long as you're on a similar bullshit level, it's a lot of fun.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
So the escape move - I know you need 300 stamina for it - seems to not be usable when you're being smacked physically. Is that right?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Xibanya posted:

So the escape move - I know you need 300 stamina for it - seems to not be usable when you're being smacked physically. Is that right?

It's the opposite, escape moves are specifically meant to be an out when you're being stunlocked in melee. I'm not sure if all of them can be used while being smacked around (if not, that's stupid though) but I know for sure that most of the "cause an explosion around me" escapes can absolutely be used while being punched. Trust me, the AI just loves doing it to you.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Steam's downloading an update, server fix apparently. Hopefully it does something.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Teslavi posted:

Honestly, the only thing that will break you in pvp is if 1) you don't have kami/piccolo soul or 2) you don't have a way to fight against the kami/piccolo soul (ki denial/drain). From there on out there's a lot of viable stuff. You also run into a lot of cool gimmick builds in pvp. As long as you're on a similar bullshit level, it's a lot of fun.

there were lots of issues tied to fps and the cheating kamiccolo soul was one of them

go try it out now, it isn't nearly as good

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

So does anyone know why sometimes you get 6 attribute points for leveling up instead of 3?

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
So wait, originally I was totally joking about Xenoverse having been built off of a similar architecture to Dark Souls 2, but the more things that come out about the rather similar issues and features it has...

Maybe Dimps was given a very similar base build from Dark Souls 2 or something else by Bamco and told, "right guys, make a DBZ game with neat multiplayer features" and told to have fun?

It might be a silly conjecture, but I'm really starting to think this might be a thing.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Ometeotl posted:

So does anyone know why sometimes you get 6 attribute points for leveling up instead of 3?

Are you sure you didn't level up twice and just not notice?

Dragonball: Xenoverse - It is Dark Souls

NomChompsky fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 6, 2015

Mr Wikstroem
Nov 22, 2007

And now you read this in a seally Svedisch accent Jå?

EthanSteele posted:

I can confirm! Holy moly.

drat it! First Dark Souls 2 and now this. :smith:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Sperglord Firecock posted:

So wait, originally I was totally joking about Xenoverse having been built off of a similar architecture to Dark Souls 2, but the more things that come out about the rather similar issues and features it has...

Maybe Dimps was given a very similar base build from Dark Souls 2 or something else by Bamco and told, "right guys, make a DBZ game with neat multiplayer features" and told to have fun?

It might be a silly conjecture, but I'm really starting to think this might be a thing.

What in the world are you talking about. If you're talking about the FPS issue, this is a Japan PC game issue, not Bandai Namco.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

So what is the thing people are doing with female earthlings? I can't find anything about this but people keep mentioning it.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

NomChompsky posted:

So what is the thing people are doing with female earthlings? I can't find anything about this but people keep mentioning it.

When female earthlings max out their ki, it increases their damage output! They're great for punching things.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Tae posted:

What in the world are you talking about. If you're talking about the FPS issue, this is a Japan PC game issue, not Bandai Namco.

It's sometimes a US PC game issue too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNTFfRVYazU

Though Respawn fixed the problem in Titanfall pretty quick like.

Mr Wikstroem
Nov 22, 2007

And now you read this in a seally Svedisch accent Jå?
It would be silly if the fps thing also affected the triggers for parallel quests and they're supposed to always go to the bonus bit if you fulfill the requirements.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

NomChompsky posted:

Female Earthlings have an utterly absurdly good attack string which chains into itself very easily allowing for incredibly good long attack strings.

Ginyu Force Poses + Justice Poses give a wide variety of stacking buffs. Pose K or Pose F both give you super armor. (Pose F makes your stamina drain when hit, Pose K means you're vulnerable to HP damage but don't have the stamina drain.) Pose E gives you a damage buff. So does Justice Pose but Justice Pose is so long that you risk getting pounded even with K/F up. The rest are To Flavor.

Piccolo + Kami Z-Soul gives you huge HP regen when your ki is full. Since you're not using ki in this build it almost always is.

Hilarity ensues.

Mr Wikstroem posted:

It would be silly if the fps thing also affected the triggers for parallel quests and they're supposed to always go to the bonus bit if you fulfill the requirements.

Nah, it does this on the PS4 too.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is Justice Pose 30 seconds long, because I would like to replace Pose E at some point.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

NomChompsky posted:

Earthlings in general are just ridiculous for melee builds, and females attack a bit faster so they have a much easier time setting up infinites. But seriously though, humans are amazing for punching things. My current setup (which isn't even remotely optimized, I'm only halfway through the story) is something like:
1. Start off with Fighting Pose E, for an attack boost.
2. Close in with Recoome Kick, which gives another attack boost.
3. Use Final Pose, which stacks a third attack bonus.
4. By this point my Ki has recharged because humans, so now I have yet another attack bonus stacked since humans get a bonus to attack when at max Ki.
5. If I'm still feeling like being more broken, I'll also proc 20x Kaioken for the 25% buff to speed, which basically makes up for the fact that I'm playing a male and lets me juggle almost anybody forever.

Basically what I'm saying is that if you're playing earthling, you should try punching things.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Tae posted:

Is Justice Pose 30 seconds long, because I would like to replace Pose E at some point.

Yeah, it's like three times as long as the Ginyu poses.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tae posted:

It's about 3 times as long as a Ginyu pose. It's still v. good but you can't use it for a quick recharge after a combo or anything

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

NomChompsky posted:

Are you sure you didn't level up twice and just not notice?

Dragonball: Xenoverse - It is Dark Souls

100%

It's not the first time it's happened either.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

So should I just go ahead and delete my saiyan girl because they suck? I haven't even leveled her really yet so it wouldn't be a big loss but I still think she's cool. What do you do with them if they're so awful?

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

NomChompsky posted:

So should I just go ahead and delete my saiyan girl because they suck? I haven't even leveled her really yet so it wouldn't be a big loss but I still think she's cool. What do you do with them if they're so awful?

You go SSJ and spam Super Vanishing Ball and laugh as everything dies.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

It seems like with female earthlings though you could gently caress poo poo up pretty hard by getting a ki regen z soul and just being a mobile turret of death. If I do that I am going to name her android 420 because i'm just that goddamn stupid.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

NomChompsky posted:

do you enjoy melting things with energy beams y/n

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

I do enjoy that, but based on those stats it's looking like earthlings females might be your best bet.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

NomChompsky posted:

I do enjoy that, but based on those stats it's looking like earthlings females might be your best bet.

Earthlings can't use SSJ.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

NomChompsky posted:

Uuuuuh female saiyans are broken as hell, they rule

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Their regular attack string doesn't infinite like the earthlings do but infinite ki means there's a ton of stuff you can do.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm liking my dude Earthling, primarily focusing on strike supers. I want to get Super God Fist though and replay the story, saving the universe by just hamboning everyone in the mouth.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

NomChompsky posted:

Earthlings get tired, super saiyans don't.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm liking my dude Earthling, primarily focusing on strike supers. I want to get Super God Fist though and replay the story, saving the universe by just hamboning everyone in the mouth.

Super God Fist isn't an unlockable skill :(

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

NomChompsky posted:

The things that break the game have nothing to do with stats.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms

Mechafunkzilla posted:

The things that break the game have nothing to do with stats.

echo this, especially for Female Saiyans but also for just, like, everybody. Play whatever the hell you want, however the hell you want. Don't be a dweeby loser in this game about zwee fighting and handlasers, just do whatever feels most awesome. The only non-optimal way to play is playing boring.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I like all the classes, even though I haven't played as a majiin or frieza yet./

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Super God Fist isn't an unlockable skill :(

Huh. Firstborn said it dropped off the SSG Goku mission. I'll have to check later but I hope it is.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

Huh. Firstborn said it dropped off the SSG Goku mission. I'll have to check later but I hope it is.

There's a move called Super Dragon Fist you get off of PQ 42, but it's a different thing. You don't get Super God Fist, unfortunately.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Lame. Laaaaaaame. Here's hoping the DLC corrects this oversight. Or the inevitable unlock all the stuff/play as NPCs mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

Lame. Laaaaaaame. Here's hoping the DLC corrects this oversight. Or the inevitable unlock all the stuff/play as NPCs mods.

The DLC will be too full of other awesome moves like Vertically-Splitting Energy Beam, and Diagonally-Splitting Energy Beam. I'm looking forward to all the posts where goons can't figure out how to get the beams to split.

• Locked thread