Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Ojutai seems kind of neat and also like it will be very happy once Stormbreath isn't making GBS threads all over it's party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

TheKingofSprings posted:

Hmm the guaranteed card and ramp or the 50/50 draw

Hmm

HMM

They work in entirely different decks. Doublewrath or doubledig is a lot more brutal than a 4/4 flyer.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Glad to see even when Temur has lost its blue, it's still punching the crap out of the wildlife.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

mcmagic posted:

They are 5 drops that go the same slot in green decks. And Whisperwood is much better.

Whisperwood is absolutely not played in Temur decks.

Dunno how I feel about new Sarkhan but it's kind of weird to compare these two cards.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

They work in entirely different decks. Doublewrath or doubledig is a lot more brutal than a 4/4 flyer.

I like both but I'm also playing MVM and don't have the time to make a detailed post telling the poster how stupid they are

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Dr. Strange M.D. posted:

MM15 has Goyf, And Karn

That's pretty expected.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Because goddamn that poster is stupid

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

qbert posted:

Whisperwood is absolutely not played in Temur decks.

Dunno how I feel about new Sarkhan but it's kind of weird to compare these two cards.

Because temur isn't a deck in the current standard. And Sarkhan doesn't make it a deck.

moxiemag
Sep 12, 2013

Offtopic is dead. Long live Offtopic

TheKingofSprings posted:

Because goddamn that poster is stupid

hey

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Holy poo poo someone called it so hard.

Glidergun
Mar 4, 2007
Origins may be doing a DFC thing for its planeswalkers...

EDIT: Yep. Lili is a 2/3 lifelink for 1BB, when another thing you control dies you get her transformed and a 2/2 zombie.

3 starting loyalty, +2 everyone discards, -X reanimate an X CMC creature from your graveyard, didn't manage to catch the ult.

Glidergun fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 6, 2015

Dr. Strange M.D.
Oct 30, 2012
DFC Walkers confirmed.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Well, everyone's right about the DFC walkers. Big shock.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

qbert posted:

Holy poo poo everyone called it so hard.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

"These five characters will feature them as a Legendary Creatures and flip to become post-spark Planeswalkers."

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
GODDAMMIT.

I really hate DFCs

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Because temur isn't a deck in the current standard. And Sarkhan doesn't make it a deck.

There's still no reason to compare those two cards They would never fight for the same slot in any deck.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I don't know how but I am gonna make a modern deck that runs the new sarkhan and make it not suck.

Somehow.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

What does Liliana do? I tuned in right when they switched away

Edit: I r slow

Applebees
Jul 23, 2013

yospos
Dang it. I don't like DFCs.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Oh hey they unfucked Duels.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, Liliana is an incredible Tiny Leader.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

qbert posted:

There's still no reason to compare those two cards They would never fight for the same slot in any deck.

I disagree. Everything that plays green could/should play Whisperwood. It's unbelievably good.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Alaan fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 6, 2015

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
1BB 2/3 lifelink, when a non-token creature you control dies, put a 2/2 black zombie on the field, and exile lili. Return her transformed
Liliana, Defiant Necromancer
3 Loyalty
+2 Each player discards a card
-X reanimate a non-legendary creature with cmc x from your graveyard
-8 Emblem with "Whenever a creature dies, return it to the battlefield under your control at the beginning of the next end step.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

you're all slow at screencaps and timgs :smuggo:

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

GODDAMMIT.

I really hate DFCs

Applebees posted:

Dang it. I don't like DFCs.

Holy hell, and I thought Angry Grimace had wrong opinions. Dual Face cards own bones, and these are certainly neat. I wonder if they will be strong enough to impact standard in a meaningful way.

BJPaskoff posted:

Holy poo poo, Liliana is an incredible Tiny Leader.

Even if she isn't there will be a Metric poo poo-ton of Liliana Tiny Leader decks now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

So no Lili of the Veil reprint any time soon...

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Glidergun posted:

Origins may be doing a DFC thing for its planeswalkers...

EDIT: Yep. Lili is a 2/3 lifelink for 1BB, when another thing you control dies you get her transformed and a 2/2 zombie.

3 starting loyalty, +2 everyone discards, -X reanimate an X CMC creature from your graveyard, didn't manage to catch the ult.

Called it. I'm right twice a day apparently.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

The flavor on that Liliana owns

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Madmarker posted:

Holy hell, and I thought Angry Grimace had wrong opinions. Dual Face cards own bones, and these are certainly neat. I wonder if they will be strong enough to impact standard in a meaningful way.

Liliana so far plays magically well with exploit and delve, so there's that.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

A cycle of DFC planeswalkers is absolutely retarded.

Also can't wait for LotV to hit $150-200 now that there's basically no way she's being reprinted in the next year.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So if you play 2 lilianas, does that mean one of them dies and flips the other?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I like how "exile it, then return it transformed" is both an elegant mechanical way of getting the loyalty counters on it, and captures the flavour of them planeswalking for the first time. Bravo Wizards. :golfclap:

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing
Why would anyone hate DFCs? Like seriously, explain your anger to me.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

TheKingofSprings posted:

So if you play 2 lilianas, does that mean one of them dies and flips the other?
Yes.

Edit:

Kasonic posted:

Why would anyone hate DFCs? Like seriously, explain your anger to me.
"Oh hey my card flipped, let me gently caress around with the sleeve for a bit here. Good game, now let me gently caress around with this sleeve some more!"

Alternatively, "oh good, a DFC. Now I get to save a stack of filler cards and use up more space in my deck box (which is generally at a premium after adding a SB) for this loving thing."

Yawgmoth fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 6, 2015

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Why can't Liliana return legendary creatures?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

mcmagic posted:

I disagree. Everything that plays green could/should play Whisperwood. It's unbelievably good.

This is untrue. Notice how no Abzan deck plays it. Whisperwood isn't as good in decks that aren't creature heavy and if your colors can support Wingmate Roc, usually you play that instead.

In Temur you probably play Stormbreath over Whisperwood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Elyv posted:

Why can't Liliana return legendary creatures?

oh the -x

I guess returning herself or something

• Locked thread