Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

gently caress YES!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

HOLY gently caress YES !!!!!!

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
YTR DID IT

THE NEW ACE OF NEW JAPAN

what a super athlete

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Who's the other American young boy?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jubs posted:

Jay White, who's actually from New Zealand and has shown some promise in opening matches.

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009
YTR/Tanahashi might just be the match I use to show people why I love NJPW.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

Jubs posted:

Jay White, he's from New Zealand, Fale got him in I think.

He's looked pretty good in the few matches I've seen of him.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Wow, did not expect Tanahashi and Okada to be out in round one. Also, gently caress, I guess this means the Okada/Fale feud continues.

Fun show tough. I hope the endgame is a Nakamura/Ibushi rematch, personally.

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Mar 5, 2015

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Ibushi seems like the most probable winner now. As much as I love Okada it's too soon to go there and I don't want to see AJ vs Tana for quite some time so that's cool. I just hope this doesn't mean that Ibushi challenges Shinsuke and we're without an IWGP defense at Invasion Attack. I want to see AJ defend against some new people since fresh matchups are the most intriguing benefit of him having the belt.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
I fell asleep for the second half of the show but I'm pretty happy with how everything turned out. With how the bracket was set up and how many AJ matches both of them have had recently I knew there was a nonzero chance of both Tana and Okada going out first round, but I was in no way confident that they'd go through with it. I thought Honma/Makabe was fun and Shibata/Kojima was a really good sprinty brawl, while Goto/Nagata was really vanilla and nothing special. Really happy with the booking thus far, I've complained a bit about NJPW feeling stale on top and to their credit they're finally going to headline a major show with AJ or Nakamura vs. someone who isn't Okada or Tanahashi. I just hope they don't have Goto or Makabe win it.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Mar 5, 2015

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TORU MOTHERFUCKING YANO

:getin:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Round 2 is from Korakuen on Sunday. Reminder to everyone that the card starts a couple hours after the US and Canada switch to DST, so the time's at 5:30 AM EDT and 9:30 GMT.
UK and Ireland are still on winter time until the 29th so there's only a 4 hour difference.

New Japan Cup 2015 Round 2 in Korakuen Hall Sunday March 8th 5:30 AM EDT/9:30 AM GMT

Card
  • Kota Ibushi vs. Toru Yano NJC Rd 2
  • Tetsuya Naito vs. Bad Luck Fale NJC Rd 2
  • Yujiro Takahashi vs. Togi Makabe NJC Rd 2
  • Hirooki Goto vs. Katsuyori Shibata NJC Rd 2

non tourney matches tba

Thauros fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 5, 2015

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Naito/Fale could be awesome but otherwise round 2 looks pretty lackluster

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Nothing new at this point but Goto/Shibata matches are always good

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Well drat, didn't expect this from the G1 at all. Good stuff, can't wait until Sunday :)

Shame about Honma though, I still say getting to the semis would have kept up his "almost there" gimmick just as much as losing in the 1st round.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

YANO

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

the neighbors must have heard that one holy shitttttttt

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
THE PRODUCER'S WORD IS ABSOLUTE

YTR VTR 4 - NJC TOUR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23NqssHctqM

YOU BUSTERS GET ON THE SUBLIME MASTER CHIEF TRAIN

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
I think they spent Bad Rack Whare's victory over Okada too soon, maybe a round too early, but otherwise, that was a great show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Can't believe I forgot the show was on :negative:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Finally got time to watch the show. Good card from top to bottom. I had the YTR win spoiled and still I managed to be shocked. I expected a more elaborate roll up. Serves Tanahashi right for having such silly hair.

Bad Luck Fale really surprised me. That match was stellar and I'm looking forward to a down on his luck Okada. Even Gedo seemed disappointed.

Ibushi is winning the tourney but I'm rooting hard for Shibata because it'd be rad to have him kick the poo poo out of AJ.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Tanahashi throwing a tantrum after he lost was extremely good

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
YTR

LIFE

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Spermgod posted:

Tanahashi throwing a tantrum after he lost was extremely good

At first I thought he was demonstrating to the ref that he kicked out. Then I watched the replay and he was totally stuck. Dude was just being a big baby.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

At first I thought he was demonstrating to the ref that he kicked out. Then I watched the replay and he was totally stuck. Dude was just being a big baby.

YTR cheated to beat him and he was pointing out the foul to the ref. What do you expect him to do, just walk out not caring that he got hosed because the guy who cheated is funny?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

MassRafTer posted:

YTR cheated to beat him and he was pointing out the foul to the ref. What do you expect him to do, just walk out not caring that he got hosed because the guy who cheated is funny?

He didn't cheat, though. YTR just rolled him up and pinned him.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Tanahashi is a sore loser AND a sore winner. More like the rear end than the ace imo

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

He pulled Tanahashi's hair to get that roll up so technically it was cheating.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

He pulled his hair to slam him into the mat and roll him up.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hair pulling is legal in football it should be legal in the king of sports

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
YTR cheating is like Eddie or Ric cheating so its chill

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I hate Toru Yano

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

I hate Toru Yano

Oh shut up you love all fat wrestlers, I've seen your Roman Reigns poster.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
More wrestlers should run marathons, then maybe they could almost be as good as Super Athlete YTR The Ace Killer.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Is there a way to get this to work with the Fire TV stick without having a Kindle Fire?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Muddy Burphy posted:

Is there a way to get this to work with the Fire TV stick without having a Kindle Fire?
I never got around to trying on mine, but I'd suggest sideloading the NJPW World app as well as sideloading Chrome and give it a shot.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

He pulled Tanahashi's hair to get that roll up so technically it was cheating.

Well, that's Tanahashi's own drat fault for having long hair. If he followed the great example of Minoru Suzuki and had his hair cut in the pattern of a Devil Fruit, he wouldn't have lost.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Muddy Burphy posted:

Okay, I went ahead and got this working on my Fire TV stick. It was basically just as I expected. You don't need a Kindle Fire, but you do need some sort of secondary Android device, at least the way I did it.

Sideload both the NJPW World and Chrome apks, then select Chrome as your browser when you open the NJPW World app. You'll need a third app to able to navigate the NJPW World website in Chrome. I already had "Remote Mouse for Fire TV" which worked fine. Once I logged in and selected a video it shifted back to the NJPW World app and played normally, the same as when I use the app on my phone.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros posted:

Round 2 is from Korakuen on Sunday. Reminder to everyone that the card starts a couple hours after the US and Canada switch to DST, so the time's at 5:30 AM EDT and 9:30 GMT.
UK and Ireland are still on winter time until the 29th so there's only a 4 hour difference.

New Japan Cup 2015 Round 2 in Korakuen Hall Sunday March 8th 5:30 AM EDT/9:30 AM GMT

Card
  • Kota Ibushi vs. Toru Yano NJC Rd 2
  • Tetsuya Naito vs. Bad Luck Fale NJC Rd 2
  • Yujiro Takahashi vs. Togi Makabe NJC Rd 2
  • Hirooki Goto vs. Katsuyori Shibata NJC Rd 2

non tourney matches tba

I am horribly ill and can't be arsed to look up non tourney matches, but this is tonight at 5:30 AM

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Thauros posted:

I am horribly ill and can't be arsed to look up non tourney matches, but this is tonight at 5:30 AM

Eight Man Tag Team Match: CHAOS (Kazushi Sakuraba, Tomohiro Ishii, Kazuchika Okada & Shinsuke Nakamura) vs. Bullet Club (Cody Hall, Tama Tonga, Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson)

Tag Team Match: Yohei Komatsu & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Sho Tanaka & Yuji Nagata

Ten Man Tag Team Match: KUSHIDA, Captain New Japan, Tomoaki Honma, Jushin Thunder Liger & Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Mascara Dorada, Ryusuke Taguchi, Manabu Nakanishi, Tiger Mask & Satoshi Kojima

Singles Match: YOSHI-HASHI vs. Jay White

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Germansimp posted:

Well, that's Tanahashi's own drat fault for having long hair. If he followed the great example of Minoru Suzuki and had his hair cut in the pattern of a Devil Fruit, he wouldn't have lost.

oh my god how did i not make this connection

• Locked thread