Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
gently caress you old mother fuckers. ill throw my life away to prove how right i am you loving idiot. there are children starving in china and your dumb rear end is stopped at the on ramp like a little soft serve bitch cause old age has destroyed your mental function and capacity so you can no longer process looking to your left while you are in motion. im looking at you gene splicer im sure you dont drive like that but youre old and someone gotta pay for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

yeah and i'm upset about it too

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
i think sonic the hedgehog has ruined newer drivers

gotta go fast

but what happens when you cant? this thread.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Agree. Other bad driving habits that cause me to see red:

- drifters... stay in your goddamn lane (HUGE issue in the part of CT that NY owns--Fairfield county)
- people who take left turns wide. you almost hit me you loving piece of poo poo. it's a left turn not a parking spot
- people who refuse to let you go in front of them when traffic isn't even moving... guess you won that round didn't you? now you'll get to where you're going not even a second before you would have :bravo:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Shadow posted:

- people who refuse to let you go in front of them when traffic isn't even moving... guess you won that round didn't you? now you'll get to where you're going not even a second before you would have :bravo:

i can't stand these people

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I almost rear ended a dude once for abruptly stopping at a yield sign with no incoming traffic. So basically I agree, OP.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

stay in the right lane because 90% of the time you'll end up going faster than everyone else, even on 8 lane highways

hosed up but true

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
wait...soft serve is awesome

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Zeike posted:

wait...soft serve is awesome

agreed

DGib
Jan 22, 2010
lmao do people still drive cars

is this 1960s texas?

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
If the people in front on me are going < 50 mph on the on ramp it makes me unhappy. Floor it you bitch.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

dougdrums posted:

If the people in front on me are going < 50 mph on the on ramp it makes me unhappy. Floor it you bitch.

yes by the time you hit the interstate off the ramp you should be going at least 70

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
op probably doesn't use his blinker like a lazy mother

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Blue Train posted:

yes by the time you hit the interstate off the ramp you should be going at least 70

No no, go 70 ON the ramp please.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

PLEASE.
I BEG OF YOU.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm just being safe.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

JebanyPedal posted:

No no, go 70 ON the ramp please.

I think we're saying the same thing, turn the wheel and hit the fuckin gas be going fast as soon as possible

e: ramp speed 45 lol yea right

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

when people don't use their turn signals around me i tend to absolutely flip my poo poo and sometimes i yell really loud and bang my fist on the steering wheel going "YOU loving COCKSUCKERS JUST SIGNAL YOU loving human being DEGENERATE BASTARDS I'LL EAT YOUR TESTICLES FOR DINNER" or w/e. only if im alone though.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

BITCH if you ain't going 80 on that drat raMP PREpare to see me in your rear view growling up your tailpipe in my souped up Honda Civic with SPOILER bitchboy!!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Frog Act posted:

when people don't use their turn signals around me i tend to absolutely flip my poo poo and sometimes i yell really loud and bang my fist on the steering wheel going "YOU loving COCKSUCKERS JUST SIGNAL YOU loving human being DEGENERATE BASTARDS I'LL EAT YOUR TESTICLES FOR DINNER" or w/e. only if im alone though.

*brakes to complete stop in 55mph zone with no signal of what I intend do*

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Blue Train posted:

*brakes to complete stop in 55mph zone with no signal of what I intend do*

*Is first at fourway intersection with stop signs on each path, has no signal on.*

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..

JebanyPedal posted:

BITCH if you ain't going 80 on that drat raMP PREpare to see me in your rear view growling up your tailpipe in my souped up Honda Civic with SPOILER bitchboy!!

Ima brake check yo rear end, careful son

Edit: For reals I'm with you fools. I'm rolling my eyes when I'm behind some cock who thinks its safer to merge onto the freeway going 40 mph instead of hopping ANYWHERE near the speed limit. I love seeing the semi trucks who are already in the slow lane having to basically force these guys into the shoulder because what, is he supposed to slam into all the cars on his left because dumbfuck can't match speeds and merge...?

El Duderino fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Mar 8, 2015

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

El Duderino posted:

Ima brake check yo rear end, careful son

WOOOOOHHH!!! MOTHERFUCKER!!

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

JebanyPedal posted:

*Is first at fourway intersection with stop signs on each path, has no signal on.*

*Goes straight*

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

*light rain, goes ten miles under speed limit*

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Blue Train posted:

*light rain, goes ten miles under speed limit*

*Is middle class white lady in SUV with no four wheel drive during heavy snowstorm but still rides up until a bare inch from other vehicles*

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Watching an american use a roundabout for the first time is always hilarious.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah if you're not going at least the posted highway speed by the time you reach the end of the on ramp then gently caress YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
There's a ramp where I live where they removed the yield sign and people still stop.

gently caress those people!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's called a speed limit goons

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

If someone makes you mad on the road WELL this is why you built those pipe bombs, get crackin!!!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Hobohemian posted:

Watching an american use a roundabout for the first time is always hilarious.

I had one on the way to work and I made sure to always floor it once i got in the roundabout so that if somebody blew through the yield (happens every few seconds during rush hour) it would look like they were about to die but I then I brake hard, get out of the car, and start banging on the hoods, just to get my point across, pull out a gun maybe.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

ethanol posted:

I had one on the way to work and I made sure to always floor it once i got in the roundabout so that if somebody blew through the yield (happens every few seconds during rush hour) it would look like they were about to die but I then I brake hard, get out of the car, and start banging on the hoods, just to get my point across, pull out a gun maybe.

You ever bust out the mic and start that Careless Whisper poo poo leaves people shaking?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

ethanol posted:

bringing a gun is just being a responsible driver, like maintaining your spare

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Sensemann
May 6, 2008

dougdrums posted:

I once almost got into a pileup when some clown SLOWED DOWN in the middle of a ramp in a 45MPH zone on a rainy day . :argh:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

JebanyPedal posted:

*Is middle class white lady in SUV with no four wheel drive during heavy snowstorm but still rides up until a bare inch from other vehicles*

The best thing about snow storms in Minnesota is that about 90% of the people you see in the ditch are in giant rear end SUVs or pick up trucks. Idiots thought that just because they have big vehicles that things like ice somehow no longer effect them.

SnotGrumble
Jun 4, 2003

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.
*sees a car ahead of me in another lane with its turn signal on indicating they want to merge into my lane*
*speeds up to block them*
gently caress YOU BETA BITCH THIS IS MY ROAD

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

TheJoker138 posted:

The best thing about snow storms in Minnesota is that about 90% of the people you see in the ditch are in giant rear end SUVs or pick up trucks. Idiots thought that just because they have big vehicles that things like ice somehow no longer effect them.

last year's winter I went on a poorly planned road trip with some friends last minute and ended up taking over driving a lowered subaru impreza on bald all-season tires through a flash snow storm from about when civilization ends in Washington down to Portland. basically the snow started on a stretch of highway with no exits, and by the time there was an offramp it was too piled up with snow to get through. drove through a 28 car pileup that mostly consisted of SUV's, and except for an m5 that flew by me and was in the ditch a mile up the road, I saw absolutely nothing but stuck SUV's and pickups. we stopped counting after like 50 trucks in the ditch. people are dumb as hell. hint: if the semis are stopping, or going 5mph, you should probably take the hint.

Oh also saw like three trucks driving in the shoulder and refusing to let cop cars and ambulances pass them (which were using the shoulder as their travel lane.) Pulled my front end into the shoulder and blocked the third guy, letting the cop behind him pass. Only time in my life a cop's given me a thumbs up.

HEY VAPER fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Mar 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

SnotGrumble posted:

*sees a car ahead of me in another lane with its turn signal on indicating they want to merge into my lane*
*speeds up to block them*
gently caress YOU BETA BITCH THIS IS MY ROAD

man one time I was driving and some guy went to pass me so I slowed down to let him do it; he passes and zooms off. the person in the cars gonna ask me why I let them pass me :wtc:

• Locked thread