Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
*opens up browser, Ask Jeeves pops up, begins typing in search field* Hello Rebecca, how are you? I am fine. Three more people from my high school hacky sack circle have died and your grandfather has come down with an awful case of The NES Grippe, but I cannot complain. Well, what I was emailing you about is to ask for help liking this crescent fresh internet comment. I look forward to hearing from you.

Turtle Power,
Gram Gram

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
wtf stop leaking my emails. god 2015 is terrifying

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Voted 4 op I enjoyed the op op lol

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

g'bless

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
12. The sirens in the distance screech into your membraneous ears, trying their best to dull the waves of pleasure coursing through your body as the hot, rich blood flows between your glistening fangs and down your throat. It seems like yesterday that only Jolt Cola could make you feel such euphoria, but things have....changed since then.

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008
getting misty eyed over being smacked by your parents, as a mid 20 year old who resolves to use physical violence on your children but gets uncontrollably angry about that guy who slapped his dog in the park #only90skids

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Kill everyone born before 1990

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
*get's shot in an overseas conflict after enlisting in the military post 9/11*
#only90skids

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008
realising violence is always the answer #only90skidsunderthethumbofthewhitepowerstructurepatriachy

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Are "90s kids" people born in the 90s or people born in the 80s who were kids in the 90s? I'm not really sure about this because most of the 90s kids poo poo I see is from people who were born in 1999 but it's about cartoons and poo poo from 1992.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

TEN MORE THINGS ONLY 90S KIDS WILL GET!!!

1. the sound of leather on flesh and the fatigued grunt of the just.
2. down it goes, then up again. the buckle catches the light of a single bare bulb; it reminds you of the street lamps whose warning glow you did not heed.
3. blood on modal pillowcases, spit on your back. both cooling, then mingling with fresh, warm deposits.
4. hiding among the doll collection at grandmother's house. I am just a doll, just a thing. leave me here, don't see me. I am just an object.
5. running blind through a field, shoeless and afraid. father taped the game for a reason, and that reason was not for you to spoil the final score.
6. please let the television have cooled down by now. why did you get greedy and try to watch an extra episode of darkwing duck? why???
7. the stillness of a tiny house at night, interrupted by gently caress sounds and pointless cries for mercy. the family dog, locked in the utility room, cocks an ear.
8. finding a dismembered rabbit, killed by stray cats you guess, in the underbrush during recess. falling asleep next to it while petting its fur and humming.
9. there isn't anything. nothing anywhere. no reason. no family. no trust. there is only the magnetic pull of oblivion, drawing you forward into adulthood and whatever lies beyond.
10. NBC's ProStars was a good cartoon.

Lieberhaeschen
Jan 15, 2008
Little by little the terriers make us free!

mysterious frankie posted:

2. down it goes, then up again. the buckle catches the light of a single bare bulb; it reminds you of the street lamps whose warning glow you did not heed.
3. blood on modal pillowcases, spit on your back. both cooling, then mingling with fresh, warm deposits.
4. hiding among the doll collection at grandmother's house. I am just a doll, just a thing. leave me here, don't see me. I am just an object.
5. running blind through a field, shoeless and afraid. father taped the game for a reason, and that reason was not for you to spoil the final score.
6. please let the television have cooled down by now. why did you get greedy and try to watch an extra episode of darkwing duck? why???
7. the stillness of a tiny house at night, interrupted by gently caress sounds and pointless cries for mercy. the family dog, locked in the utility room, cocks an ear.
8. finding a dismembered rabbit, killed by stray cats you guess, in the underbrush during recess. falling asleep next to it while petting its fur and humming.
9. there isn't anything. nothing anywhere. no reason. no family. no trust. there is only the magnetic pull of oblivion, drawing you forward into adulthood and whatever lies beyond.

:captainpop:

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

you just don't get it because you were probably born in... ugh, the second half of the 80s.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Only 90s kids will understand what I have done *switches on machine* and what I must do. They may not forgive me *points focalizer at the sun* but they will understand. And in the end, they need not even forgive. They need not do anything at all... It will all be done for them *presses button. A long, thin hot pink beam shoots up into the sky. For a moment there is nothing; then the sky groans for a first and final time, and the universe collapses into clean, uniform Hypercolor*

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

OP you should watch that movie Detention. It's about snot-nosed group of kids at a small town high school, the gag being that every one is based off of a different type of protagonist from teen movies. There is a huge focus on 1992 and 90s-as-retro culture as a theme.

It does feature Dane Cook in a prominent supporting role though, and he's well, he's still Dane Cook, so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UkdZd_muq4

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Lol my ex-roommate is one of those "I only spank when I need to and it's good for kids" kinds of people.

It's funny because when I was his roommate he literally beat the poo poo out of his kids for any reason, including just him himself having a bad day. That's why I assume anyone who talks about spanking at all is a psycho child abuser, since obviously everyone is gonna downplay how much they beat their kids.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

limeincoke posted:

Lol my ex-roommate is one of those "I only spank when I need to and it's good for kids" kinds of people.

It's funny because when I was his roommate he literally beat the poo poo out of his kids for any reason, including just him himself having a bad day. That's why I assume anyone who talks about spanking at all is a psycho child abuser, since obviously everyone is gonna downplay how much they beat their kids.

most people aren't psychopaths :(

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
The utter self loathing at the things we had to do to survive '93.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Shadow posted:

Another gem of being born in 81: sitting in the back of a station wagon with 4 other kids. Not secured to anything.

82 but hell yes, my dad had a giant station wagon and I remember my parents driving me home from some school thing one night and me just climbing all around back there, having a great time

seatbelts are gay and if I have children I will not make them suffer them

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Tyson Tomko posted:

Yes!

My Mom going and asking my Dad for his belt was enough to make me listen and do anything. I only ever remember getting my rear end beat a few times but have absolutely 0 regrets and plan on doing the same to my kids.

please dont ever have kids you brain damaged cretin

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Dave Concepcion posted:

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

when i was a kid i fell off a ladder and broke both my legs. it was great because i got to eat all the ice cream i could in the hospital. when i have kids one day i definitely plan on throwing them off the roof.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Wall Balls posted:

when i was a kid i fell off a ladder and broke both my legs. it was great because i got to eat all the ice cream i could in the hospital. when i have kids one day i definitely plan on throwing them off the roof.

You could skip a step and just force feed them ice cream until they are fat and immobile.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

Libelous Slander posted:

i can't find the like or share button, please help. you must understand i am a web1.0 user. is this tweeting? why hashtag?

No no no.

"Where is the server for all these chat rooms?"

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
this is my son alyx, i've cut off a part of his penis and beat him on the reg if he plays xbox more than id like, measles vaccine? no thank you sir, not for this little trooper - a modern enlightened american parent

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Nelson Mandingo posted:

No Batman the Animated Series?

I still wake up with this theme in my head regularly, I can't think of anything that comes close.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

same

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
Nice, so true

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

You'll never believe #8!

(Seriously though bravo)

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Dave Concepcion posted:

this is my son alyx, i've cut off a part of his penis and beat him on the reg if he plays xbox more than id like, measles vaccine? no thank you sir, not for this little trooper - a modern enlightened american parent

FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

The suburban white "bad kid" with his saggy jeans, flannel, grunge rock, and cigarette smoking. Think the kid from T2.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Dave Concepcion and Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

That's it. You're both in time out and I'm taking away your phones until after dinner.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
the 90s weren't that great unless you love teal

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

you drop your magic cards deck while trying to ollie off the railing next to the football field, scuffing your vans and dropping your discman and scratching your copy of "portrait of an american family." your friend tyler comes up to you and helps you dust the dirt off your NOFX hoodie. "hey we're doing an MI tonight." an MI ("mission impossible") is when you and tyler shoplift wine from the grocery store by putting bottles of it in the deep side pockets of your trench coats. "you want to come?" "yeah i got a bag," you whine, fishing a film canister out of your hoodie pocket and showing tyler the crumbs of pot stowed inside it. "alright!!" tyler exclaims, already digging around in the junk at the bottom of his jansport for an apple or an empty soda can to make a makeshift pipe with.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

All the gifs are the same gif of Jim Carrey mugging for the camera, but each subsequent one gets darker and more distorted, until at last all you can see is a single blurred tooth, appearing and disappearing as his invisible mouth moves in the void.

Hey, I watched high strung, too.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Idiot Kicker posted:

the 90s weren't that great unless you love teal

i think you mean https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ateQQc-AgEM

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Excellent, excellent, excellent. There isn't a golf clap gif big enough for this.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Pivotal Lever posted:

you drop your magic cards deck while trying to ollie off the railing next to the football field, scuffing your vans and dropping your discman and scratching your copy of "portrait of an american family." your friend tyler comes up to you and helps you dust the dirt off your NOFX hoodie. "hey we're doing an MI tonight." an MI ("mission impossible") is when you and tyler shoplift wine from the grocery store by putting bottles of it in the deep side pockets of your trench coats. "you want to come?" "yeah i got a bag," you whine, fishing a film canister out of your hoodie pocket and showing tyler the crumbs of pot stowed inside it. "alright!!" tyler exclaims, already digging around in the junk at the bottom of his jansport for an apple or an empty soda can to make a makeshift pipe with.

Swap Yugioh cards in and that's pretty much me in 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
90s ruled

• Locked thread