Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Sion posted:

"My numbers are wrong, but the point still stands."

That's only 3000 extra dr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Bunch of non-7500's salty as gently caress itt.

7500 today!

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Real talk though, Omegas are pretty goofy.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
gently caress nova

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

nickhimself posted:

Okay, done: http://forums.marvelheroes.com/disc...ructions-inside

super easy method on one-keystroke crop and uploading to help submit newer affix rolls to mh.info

Please make a guide on how to use the spread sheet in the excel version of the compendium to determine your omega layout please. I can't seem to get the hang of it so I wing it with my omegas and just get crit brut cdr fighting and either +base dmg or + str depending on the hero.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't really like omegas as they are, but I can't think of a solution that doesn't involve all heroes getting a QoL pass at the same time. They make bad heroes tolerable but they make good heroes godlike. I guess I never noticed how much of a big deal it was until I had the 15ish strength on frank to make his reload sync up with my rotation and he magically went from amazing to amazing++ unstoppable murderfrank.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

snergle posted:

Please make a guide on how to use the spread sheet in the excel version of the compendium to determine your omega layout please. I can't seem to get the hang of it so I wing it with my omegas and just get crit brut cdr fighting and either +base dmg or + str depending on the hero.

There's a pretty good excel spreadsheet you can use in the omega forum. It doesn't have everything right 100% but it's useful for pointing out good value nodes.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

With the team up revamp and socketed items coming I think things will only get crazier from here. Enjoy the ride.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Prel posted:

I went from like ~200 omegles to ~1500 omegles during that past week and my red dummy ttk went from like 5 minutes to sub-2 rendering any choices in my gearing and farming to acquire said gear completely null.

Omegles own get some today is what I'm saying.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

Pretty much, i have 7500 omegles cause i don't waste my time pointlessly prestiging.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
It's currently Garbagetown Garbageness so no reason to log in again until it's Omega week

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Prel posted:

I've said it before but I expected omegas to be mostly cosmetic/goofy/fun poo poo like Zigg nodes and visuals and credit find and runspeed, not "hey let's utterly break the game"

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Soothing Vapors posted:

I've said it before but I expected omegas to be mostly cosmetic/goofy/fun poo poo like Zigg nodes and visuals and credit find and runspeed, not "hey let's utterly break the game"

The best part is they can't ever revamp the system to make it fun stuff like that because the forum system can't handle that many Disagrees

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

I went from like ~200 omegles to ~1500 omegles during that past week and my red dummy ttk went from like 5 minutes to sub-2 rendering any choices in my gearing and farming to acquire said gear completely null.

It is easy to get brut, brut damage and damage rating from omegas but for most everything else you will need to look to your gear.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Celebrity Ghost posted:

I wasn't surprised to see anyone with a spammable AOE DoT get far, but I figured the Zoo would weed out the slower boss killers. I never ever would have expected a Loki in the final four, that's for sure.
Looking at the results yesterday, one thing I thought might have been neat was getting a snapshot of people's specs/gear/Omegas along the way, or maybe once they lost. I guess it would have caused cries of "unfair matchup", but I'm genuinely curious if anyone beat bigger odds beyond just character to character. That, and to see if any interesting/nonstandard builds or gear got used.

Every single round I've changed gear, spec, omega distribution, and (sorta kinda it's subtle) playstyle to fit the current challenge. Like for Sinister and Jugg I used a Doc Oc medallion for bigger aoe radius since rooms and mob packs were pretty big but in Hydra I stuck with a Doom medallion to use my sig longer because of smaller rooms and more spread out mobs. In all aoe challenges I've had to gear and spec omegas to restore spirit because Loki spends it fast teleporting and dropping binding everywhere. In Zoo I gave up all spirit restores and focused on dps since only teleporting drained Loki's spirit and going through a door restores it to full. I wish I had known about the 3-tree hybrid build before zoo - could've beat that mk time. So far in Muspelheim I've tried a pure frost build and several hybrid builds with very mixed results; it's rough in there. Most fun thing has been binding my teleport hotkey to also use a medkit. Not having to think about it has helped a lot with spirit. But I burn through medkits so fast now I had to make a keyboard macro to spam right-click to buy them.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I wonder if they'll do anything to help people catch up when the Omega cap gets raised. They don't need to as long as they're not balancing around it (lol), and they risk the ire of all the 7500-havers, but Gaz has to know there's a lot of people totally uninvested in their weird little mess of a system.

Watch them double the amount of XP needed for all the ones after 7500 instead.

EDIT: ^^^^^^^ That's super interesting and really reveals how much of this is can be the player, not the character.

Too Shy Guy fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 9, 2015

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Adult Sword Owner posted:

It's currently Garbagetown Garbageness so no reason to log in again until it's Omega week

What? midtown madness freaking rocks

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Adult Sword Owner posted:

This week is like the best event for non-cosmic leveling. Especially now that you can grind Moleman for +2 Int/+10% XP medallions.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Saint Freak posted:

wat? I mean omegas are good and all that but there is no way you dropped over 3 mins in ttk by getting a thousand more. Your gear definitely improved or you were doing something horribly wrong with your spec / rotation.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

wat? I mean omegas are good and all that but there is no way you dropped over 3 mins in ttk by getting a thousand more. Your gear definitely improved or you were doing something horribly wrong with your spec / rotation.

Yeah, this. You dropped three minutes because of practice, not omegas.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Zombie Samurai posted:

I wonder if they'll do anything to help people catch up when the Omega cap gets raised. They don't need to as long as they're not balancing around it (lol), and they risk the ire of all the 7500-havers, but Gaz has to know there's a lot of people totally uninvested in their weird little mess of a system.

Watch them double the amount of XP needed for all the ones after 7500 instead.

EDIT: ^^^^^^^ That's super interesting and really reveals how much of this is can be the player, not the character.
I wish they'd just round everybody under 7500 to 7500, give the already-capped people a pet or a custom title or something cosmetic and pointless (you know, like how we hoped Omegas would be), and then make 7500+ more accessible somehow.

I doubt they will do anything resembling any of this, because it would be nice.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Lozareth posted:

Every single round I've changed gear, spec, omega distribution, and (sorta kinda it's subtle) playstyle to fit the current challenge. Like for Sinister and Jugg I used a Doc Oc medallion for bigger aoe radius since rooms and mob packs were pretty big but in Hydra I stuck with a Doom medallion to use my sig longer because of smaller rooms and more spread out mobs. In all aoe challenges I've had to gear and spec omegas to restore spirit because Loki spends it fast teleporting and dropping binding everywhere. In Zoo I gave up all spirit restores and focused on dps since only teleporting drained Loki's spirit and going through a door restores it to full. I wish I had known about the 3-tree hybrid build before zoo - could've beat that mk time. So far in Muspelheim I've tried a pure frost build and several hybrid builds with very mixed results; it's rough in there. Most fun thing has been binding my teleport hotkey to also use a medkit. Not having to think about it has helped a lot with spirit. But I burn through medkits so fast now I had to make a keyboard macro to spam right-click to buy them.

I made a spec before my first run and have never changed anything about that spec, my gear, or my omegas.

Spider-Man is just that good. A true hidden treasure.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I hope anyone but Prel wins because I can't take many more smug Prel posts

he is the New England Patriots of the Super 88

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Soothing Vapors posted:

please don't make fun of prel's deflated testis

edit - drat sv i just got lit up

Sion fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Mar 9, 2015

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Sion posted:

please don't make fun of prel's deflated testis

I would never, I'm not as intimately familiar w/ his ballsack as u

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

^^^^ they're only deflated because I blew my load all over Ajax.

Soothing Vapors posted:

That's some mean poo poo SV. You're not a very nice person. Plus it's been made very clear that the people that have won have done so only on the basis of omega points and the absolute best gear in the game, there's nothing to be smug about. I think you're misreading this situation.

Unrelated to Smug 88:

It's been mentioned that the active on Construct Focus is snapshotting based on the power of the golems when they are summoned. It looks like golem damage is also snapshotted at time of summoning. I didn't test this extensively but assuming that is true, the optimum strategy would be to equip a full set of Frigga blessed summoner artifacts, a Trident, and the summon damage relics, then summon your three golems. Afterwards switch to standard dps artifacts/relics/legendary and carry on with life. As long as the golems don't die and you don't have to resummon them for some other reason (drat you, doors), you've got buffed golems and buffed Construct Focus aoe for ten minutes. Seems mostly useful in a raid as long as they don't die to aoe poo poo or whatever.

e: this is probably why they reset on zoning/doors, now that I think about it.

Prel fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 9, 2015

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Prel posted:

That's some mean poo poo SV. You're not a very nice person. Plus it's been made very clear that the people that have won have done so only on the basis of omega points and the absolute best gear in the game, there's nothing to be smug about. I think you're misreading this situation.
that's exactly what Tom Brady would say

The Preltriot Way

crowbb
Feb 25, 2013
Slippery Tilde

Celebrity Ghost posted:

I wasn't surprised to see anyone with a spammable AOE DoT get far, but I figured the Zoo would weed out the slower boss killers. I never ever would have expected a Loki in the final four, that's for sure.
Looking at the results yesterday, one thing I thought might have been neat was getting a snapshot of people's specs/gear/Omegas along the way, or maybe once they lost. I guess it would have caused cries of "unfair matchup", but I'm genuinely curious if anyone beat bigger odds beyond just character to character. That, and to see if any interesting/nonstandard builds or gear got used.

Haha yeah. I knew my poor Nova was doomed when the Zoo came up. He's great at clearing trash but bosses without his ult, not so much. Every one of the final four has been really impressive. I'm rooting for Wanda or Loki to take it all because who would have thought either of those would have a chance.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I wonder if Gaz is going to balance the game around the idea that people only have like sub 1000 Omegas because there is a very good chance that people are spending them not only sub-optimally, but in a way that makes certain facetanking builds look good.

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

Celebrity Ghost posted:

Like Lozareth above, I've changed gear/specs/omegas for every round as well. I had around 3500 omegas in round 1, I'm at 7500 now.

The biggest changes I made in each round was switching legendaries, runewords, and one artifact depending on what the round was. I have gungnir, mkraan, and a nullifier leveled, as well as god of mischief, bowazon, and river of the soul. I kept a Wizard medallion on until mandarin, where I put on a Dr. Octopus medal so my sweet vacuum ability and one of my two bindings would hit more dudes since they were so spread out. I've also swapped my Hand of Doom for a Hand of Nimrod on most long terminal runs.

The very first round I only had a gungnir leveled and RotS as a runeword, so I actually used a zig on that round because I couldn't keep up with the spirit costs (and sometimes still had problems with spirit in later rounds, even with a Zola, Nimrod, RotS, mkraan, and spirit restore omegas). I also only had a Darkhold for slot 1 and a shield belt for slot 3.

Buildwise, since the Kurse round I've had mostly the same spec, except for Mandarin. I tried chaos warp on the sinister round a couple times and I feel like while that is pretty much the ability that SW is known for in this game, it's pretty garbage compared to just dotting stuff with her bindings and teleporting on.

Since I've seen a lot of people playing SW lately:

I used to max reality implosion instead of her teleport(and I max both in the other build below), but with teleporting so much to keep midtown buff up, I like this better for rounds where I have to kill bosses.

This is what I used for mandarin, and would probably try on some of the earlier terminal rounds now that my ult is max. I could kill mandarin with just my ult and maybe one of the bindings so I didn't really have a need to take chaotic hex, so I put the points into her vacuum so it'd be easier to kill trash in one cast.

This is what I use when spirit isn't an issue. Wizard Medal and GoM. I'm using Firestar as a teamup for the -3% cost and her procs scale pretty well(the meteor hits for over 1.1 mil for me). Without the crit buff I'm currently at like ~51% crit and 61% brutal w/ around 10.6k crit damage and 24k brutal damage. My 3 fighting pet doesn't have the 10% brutal damage for purple at the moment. I change omegas a lot so I'm not going to go into that yet.

When I prestiged green-cosmic I pretty much just used her bindings and teleport to do everything. I had an mkraan equipped for it, and it went pretty quickly.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

crowbb posted:

Haha yeah. I knew my poor Nova was doomed when the Zoo came up. He's great at clearing trash but bosses without his ult, not so much. Every one of the final four has been really impressive. I'm rooting for Wanda or Loki to take it all because who would have thought either of those would have a chance.

I think you definitely could have beat me if you had more time. S-M has the same issues (maybe worse) with killing bosses outside of his ult. You would have just had to do enough runs to get a good Zoo layout combined with good crits/brutals versus the bosses. That could have been a lot of runs though.

That's the stat I'd be most interested in from this whole thing I think, number of runs by winner/loser in each round. I think rerunning until I get a good layout has been the single biggest factor for me in every round so far.

Prel fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Mar 9, 2015

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

my favorite part about the super 88 was how I thought Thing was a pretty decent hero at the start and then just slowly learned that he's actually complete garbage

tiny aoe radius
slow dash
bottom 5 in single target damage
pure melee (not a problem by itself, but when combined with the previous 3...)
crappy defensive traits

Screw wanda/cable/deadpool, thing needs his review asap

Yeti
Jul 5, 2007
I didn't think omegas mattered all that much until some super autist ran zoo with my tourney character and beat my best time by like a minute first try.

I immediately proceeded to poopsock 500 omegas in two days.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Prel posted:

It's been mentioned that the active on Construct Focus is snapshotting based on the power of the golems when they are summoned. It looks like golem damage is also snapshotted at time of summoning. I didn't test this extensively but assuming that is true, the optimum strategy would be to equip a full set of Frigga blessed summoner artifacts, a Trident, and the summon damage relics, then summon your three golems. Afterwards switch to standard dps artifacts/relics/legendary and carry on with life. As long as the golems don't die and you don't have to resummon them for some other reason (drat you, doors), you've got buffed golems and buffed Construct Focus aoe for ten minutes. Seems mostly useful in a raid as long as they don't die to aoe poo poo or whatever.
This would also seem to mean that the various conditional summon damage Omega nodes aren't really worth taking unless you can be bothered to get them all to proc before summoning your golems. Which is stupid as hell but, well, :gaz:.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Grinning Goblin posted:

I wonder if Gaz is going to balance the game around the idea that people only have like sub 1000 Omegas because there is a very good chance that people are spending them not only sub-optimally, but in a way that makes certain facetanking builds look good.

In a perfect world, content would be balanced around 0 Omegas, where the most challenging content with 0 Omegas would be very difficult (but not impossible) and somewhere between easy to moderate with max Omegas. Anything other than that would be setting a time gate on content that requires Omegas, since the only way to get them is grinding. This isn't the worst thing in the world for an ARPG since you can look at leveling and gearing as time gates as well, but the scale of Omegas is so much larger that using it to gate content would be extremely frustrating for new players. There's a big difference between getting your first character to 60 and getting your first 1000 Omegas.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

ransome posted:

Since I've seen a lot of people playing SW lately:

this is pretty much what I was using.

Gear differences, though, definitely had those.

GoK, Zolda, AMSA, but I was using hand of nimrod instead of hand of doom

Had a well rolled Darkhold in slot 1, Cow King unique in Slot 3, Nisantis in 4, and Sister Claws in 5

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

MMAgCh posted:

This would also seem to mean that the various conditional summon damage Omega nodes aren't really worth taking unless you can be bothered to get them all to proc before summoning your golems. Which is stupid as hell but, well, :gaz:.

I thought about it some more and you would actually want to swap a lot of your uniques for summoning and then back to more standard dps stuff too.

I imagine it's great for cheesing up a good dummy TTK but totally impractical for regular like term running. In a raid it would be very good until you die or they die, at which point you're in a bad spot. So probably not a big deal overall, but interesting.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Prel posted:

That's the stat I'd be most interested in from this while thing I think, number of runs by winner/loser in each round. I think rerunning until I get a good layout has been the single biggest factor for me in every round so far.

Actually the only one I ended up putting in a good deal of runs in was on Sinister. I probably did 30 to 40 runs.

Kurse was like 15 to 20.

Juggernaut was 5.

Zoo was 5.

Mandarin was 3.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

MMAgCh posted:

Ditto using a spear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

Screw wanda/cable/deadpool, thing needs his review asap

I really don't think Wanda needs much for her review after playing her so much. Just bump her dot damage up a bit and give her a good single target damage ability that doesn't fire 1-5 bolts randomly. Leave her chaotic hex as 1-5 bolts to keep the Wanda lore fans on the forums happy. Make her combusting hex last a bit longer on the ground.

Maybe a neat sig that interacts with her dots or her combusting hex field, like an ability that detonates them or something. Combine her 2 passives, heal aura, and give it some kind of spirit regen mechanic. Make her CC break passively add crit/cdmg/something like every one else gets now a days. Ship it.

With that said, hopefully gaz does a good job with it. Isn't it the new guys first review character though? Slightly scared.

• Locked thread