Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

I like your posts but I really have to ask: do we even play the same game?

People in lobbies I use chronos64 in are usually divided between hate and love.

I play late night PST so, honestly, we probably don't.

I've only seen people say they like it or say nothing about it at all. People seem split on the voice pack, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
The quality of any given voicepack should be judged only on whether or not the VEW is an exuberant "Yes!" so I can spam VVY and VEW in that order.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Shab posted:

The quality of any given voicepack should be judged only on whether or not the VEW is an exuberant "Yes!" so I can spam VVY and VEW in that order.

So Sobek then? :v:

Psychotron
Nov 25, 2007

I AM THE GERBIL GOD KAHUNA

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

So Sobek then? :v:

Well, his booty IS the best booty.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Shab posted:

By this logic the Zeus voice pack is the best in the game, which is almost accurate (Cupid)

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Syrinxx posted:

By this logic the Zeus voice pack is the best in the game, which is almost accurate (Cupid)

Yes!

YEEEEEEEESSS!

LaSalsaVerde
Mar 3, 2013

Given the choice between a pantheon that includes Anansi and a pantheon that does not, I think the choice is clear.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Shab posted:

Yes!

YEEEEEEEESSS!

I, am, ZEUS.

Buy my beard

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

GuyUpNorth posted:

Going by that logic, Artemis is OP when you can melt people with crits and raw damage on full build and level 20. I think HiRez said gods are balanced by pro players and Conquest, so of course it varies wildly in other modes.

I really don't need to see Bellona in my next league match to know she's anti everything, and can tower dive with impunity starting at level 5

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you know what chronos 64 reminds me of? alone in the dark

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

It isn't bad and this thread is the only place I've ever seen anybody hate on it.

I'd rather a better non-gimmicky skin for him but eh.
conversely, you're like the only person i've ever seen who likes it

i mean i don't like the skin, but it's definitely not capital-b Bad unlike poo poo like derpules or the sexy nurse skin for neith

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

DLTN posted:

conversely, you're like the only person i've ever seen who likes it

i mean i don't like the skin, but it's definitely not capital-b Bad unlike poo poo like derpules or the sexy nurse skin for neith

Yeah but Derpules at least gets a pass for being a direct shot at the community for complaining about New Herc's tiny head.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I'm gonna make a Smite Skin tier list soon. Derpules is SS++ Tier and you are a scrub if you think otherwise!!

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Artemis 2012 Convention SSSSSSSSS+ tier.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Hey, some of my friends are trying to get me to try to play Smite now. I played in the beta and it seemed decent, is it much better now? Also, how much is the pack with all of the gods?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

GreyPowerVan posted:

Hey, some of my friends are trying to get me to try to play Smite now. I played in the beta and it seemed decent, is it much better now? Also, how much is the pack with all of the gods?

It's hella fun. Basically LoL with an action camera and skill shots.

Thirty bucks for all current and future heroes.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I play late night PST so, honestly, we probably don't.

I've only seen people say they like it or say nothing about it at all. People seem split on the voice pack, though.

Hey my buddies and I play late night PST as well, you should join us!

Send me a PM if you want to play, I have no idea what my name for this thing is or whatever.

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight
If we're getting new players make sure you post your IGN here so you can get invited to the clan!

Carnalfex
Jul 18, 2007
IGN: Baconpancake.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
IGN: TheShineNSB. I'm pretty much only down for comp-stomps.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I have some extra skins from PAX: three each of Convention Skin Tyr and Alienware Ra.

To claim them, bug me in game.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Squashy Nipples posted:

I have some extra skins from PAX: three each of Convention Skin Tyr and Alienware Ra.

Can't say I've seen Squashy Nipples in chat, what times are you online? I could really use that Tyr skin!

(I'm Grindylow in game)

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Squashy Nipples posted:

What's your IGN name? What happened to that Google Doc list of all Goon Smite players? It was handy (I didn't see it on the op)

EDIT:

Patch notes today!

quote:

Let's just say things are going to get a little steamy during the Patch Notes review on http://twitch.tv/smitegame starting at 4pm EST!

Hopefully its Bellona's passive and her 3 going up in smoke.

Dvlos fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 10, 2015

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

GreyPowerVan is my name. Found my level 7 account from forever ago.

EDIT: Wow, low level games remind me of league!

An isis who doesn't buy non-active items and a dc. 3v5s are fun

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 10, 2015

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013
I am starting to really like this game, invite me to the clan? name is Stopgap

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Some teases for the patch notes today.

I'm going to say some sort of Kitsune mask? I could be too hopeful on this but it would be awesome!

Zain fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 10, 2015

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

That's how it goes, right?

Zain posted:

Some teases for the patch notes today.

http://imgur.com/pE3Pfux

I'm going to say some sort of Kitsune mask? I could be too hopeful on this but it would be awesome!

It's a Bellona skin... and they're buffing her :smith:

EDIT: Bart: "No new god... buuutt... still some.." <closes Twitch>

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Awww shame it's only a Freya skin. Valkyrie Freya.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Patch notes:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kRBg5-3SzZe0NkNmyq0bh331hUtq1fuGTNJQWpa6IdM/pub

Bellona nerfs, Anhur buffs. New skins.

Most importantly though

:syoon:

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

Those Bellona nerfs aren't going to do much... MAYBE the lifesteal nerf on the hammer, but even then... that's not a huge whack.

I get the fear she may suffer from Alistar syndrome in League where his kit is just so good the only way to "balance" it is to make him unplayable with the best kit in the game.

EDIT: I should note I'm referring to like S1/S2 Alistar... I have zero clue what happens in League nowadays.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Alistar is good, but not god tier support now. But yeah.. The problem with a front loaded kit is that it's loving front loaded to poo poo! It's the Irelia problem of "Hey let's just put some cool ideas together without really caring about what the kit looks like when it's finished.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

sicarius posted:

Those Bellona nerfs aren't going to do much... MAYBE the lifesteal nerf on the hammer, but even then... that's not a huge whack.

I get the fear she may suffer from Alistar syndrome in League where his kit is just so good the only way to "balance" it is to make him unplayable with the best kit in the game.

EDIT: I should note I'm referring to like S1/S2 Alistar... I have zero clue what happens in League nowadays.

Removing the move speed or protections entirely from the passive would help a lot, what they did helps some. The life steal nerf on her 3 helps some.

I think she's still going to be tower diving from 5 on, but these changes are a step in the right direction. I think she needs more significant changes, but I can understand them wanting to change things more gradually.

In other news, Bacchus may be playable in conquest now! :woop:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Bacchus buffs

:smugdog:

:cheers:

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~

Damnit now I have to play Serqet.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Whoops didn't read the old thread for a while, didn't notice the new one. Apollo C tier now?? what is this madness

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Indecisive posted:

Whoops didn't read the old thread for a while, didn't notice the new one. Apollo C tier now?? what is this madness

He's one of the weaker hunters but I think people are overreacting to his nerf. His clear is garbage now but he's still really good at dueling and has the threat of global presence with his ult. If they do more to knock Xbal down than a minor nerf to his base ASPD, and maybe a minor nerf to Art, we'll probably see Apollo come back.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Ok these nerfs to Bellona are a start but a massive hit to what makes her so broken. Tower diving Bellona with the speed to leave and base back with 10 hp has been the most infuriating thing since original release Nemesis.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Can I get an invite to clan? My IGN is also GreyPowerVan.

Who should I learn for each role? Supporting in low level games is pointless so I've just been calling mid and jamming Ra or Artemis and carrying. Whenever I try to support we just lose because our ADC is.... bad.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Don't bother with conquest until lvl 10 or 15. And even by then it's probably still a shitshow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

Mr. Neutron posted:

Don't bother with conquest until lvl 10 or 15. And even by then it's probably still a shitshow.

I started a smurf to help my friend around without him just getting soul crushed. At that level you can pretty much single-handedly carry the game. I was level 19 and ended up going 20-4-X with Thor.... and I'm not really that great with Thor.

• Locked thread