Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
We could possibly organize a goon drive-by and just post an huge amount of fully almost nonsense questions for the next picking round.
I would be amazed to see something like:

"could we possible have the congeniality to relish icecram in space?"

or

"How many days will a standard intergalactic week feature?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

RattiRatto posted:

We could possibly organize a goon drive-by and just post an huge amount of fully almost nonsense questions for the next picking round.
I would be amazed to see something like:

"could we possible have the congeniality to relish icecram in space?"

or

"How many days will a standard intergalactic week feature?"

They only take questions from the Subscriber's forum, and unfortunately, all the money from the illegitimate goon Javelin sales scams is tied up in the hidden offsite red-text avatar fund, so we can't just go out and buy everyone a subscription.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Also no focused effort will be able to offset the sheer stupidity of the subscriber forums.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This is actually a not-terrible question because it covers something that hasn't really been explored in depth. Probably better for a design post.
A man can dream.

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

These are the dumbest questions I can think of. How many have already been asked?

With the new modular system can I upgrade my constellation to be a flying portapotty?

Will there be an accurate simulation of hair and fingernail growth?

Can we have realistic traits for our NPCs, like asthmatic that makes them vulnerable to space pollen or diabetic that requires space insulin?

I drew a picture of a spaceship in preschool, will you please put it into the game for me?

Will toilets have their own separate upgradable components?

Is there a way I can avoid risky gameplay and non consensual player contact but still receive the same level of rewards?

I like to exert my power over others, can I issue demerits or flog my NPCs?

RescueFreak fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 10, 2015

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Can I take a dump on the deck of my Freelancer?
Can I fill the hold with poo and then sell it as fertilizer?
How many pounds of poo make one Lesnick Unit?
If I'm boarded by NPC pirates will they comment on a cargohold full of poo?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
when will chris roberts start lovingly saran wrapping his own poo poo and selling it to players who will excitedly rub it all over their bodies

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
because he already does that digitally

is the joke

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Think of all the things you could have done with this money Chris. Instead of all those things you built a mocap studio.

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Eonwe posted:

because he already does that digitally

is the joke

thanks

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
np i just wanted to make sure we're all clear on the joke i was making

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
it's true, i was confus

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

lol so all the rejects of star citizen are putting together a game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1215021703/descent-underground?ref=recommended

You can buy in at 30 bucks, you get a ship. Then you can buy all the rest.

What are games anymore, guys?

edit: Don't back this.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Beast Pussy posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1215021703/descent-underground?ref=recommended

Apart from ship buying, this actually looks refreshing. Descent was fun and the game style doesn't lend itself to vast overpromises and scope creep like the more open world space sim. Plus I'm curious to see how that group will do as developers, so I'll follow it. Cautiously.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

You'd best not be badmouthing Descent.

Edit: Goddamn it, a loving MOBA. Yeah don't back this poo poo.

Informed Consent
Feb 24, 2014

I <3 Imp Zone
I liked Descent, and I think the interior setting will make dogfighting more tactical and interesting than its Star Citizen jousting counterpart.
Still on the fence about wether to back it or not though. I am kind of burned out regarding the whole "buy now, play in 5 years" model

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
I don't understand how they expect to bank on the Descent name without having a Pyro GX or variant headlining.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

1337JiveTurkey posted:

Probably more like "So we actually had to keep the main thrusters in certain places so the ship would actually fly in a reasonable manner? Thanks for breaking that requirement on us after we finished texturing the whole loving thing!"

The funny thing is in the jump point pdf when talking about the design of the Constellation he correctly lays out all the thruster requirements for it to be physics correct, all thrusters equidistant from center of mass and aligned with it and so on. Somehow after the fact all that poo poo got ignored for later ships.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm pretty much kickstarted out at this point.

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
If they have learned the lesson, they will probably start to cash money with a few Descendent random concept art and run away.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

1.1 delayed until later this week.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

OhDearGodNo posted:

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Raise your hands in you need more dreams in your life.

E: apparently I am poo poo and can't link gifs properly: http://i.imgur.com/8gELn2u.gifv

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CashEnsign posted:

Raise your hands hands in you need more dreams in your life.

:henget:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

CashEnsign posted:

Raise your hands in you need more dreams in your life.

E: apparently I am poo poo and can't link gifs properly: http://i.imgur.com/8gELn2u.gifv
In 2016:
"Ok, you see this computer in the game, if you load it up BOOM, your Aperture 31 OS will pop up that can run any Windows, Mac or Linux game on your hard drive. All your console emulators too. We got it all. The game to end all games!"

Chris Roberts' DESKTOP COMMANDER.

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing!!

OhDearGodNo posted:

two weeks bro, two weeks.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Beast Pussy posted:

edit: Don't back this.

How did these motherfuckers get the Descent name?

"MULTIPLAYER is the heart of Descent: Underground."
gently caress off. Then it's not a goddamn Descent game.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Int

DatonKallandor posted:

last I knew Interplay has the name. They were sold and bought and sold and so forth.

I'm sure eventually the rights probably ended up with some guy named Eddie in Indiana to where Peterson only needed to spend a little of his share of sperg loot to aquire.

Since Volition was bought by THQ and THQ is now dead, it's unknown if anyone such as Dave Barenec even give a gently caress about it anymore.

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

DatonKallandor posted:

If it was single player, then you might not buy the new ships with real money.

Maybe we can ask for a stretch goal called Descent 42.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Beast Pussy posted:

Maybe we can ask for a stretch goal called Descent 42.

You joke, but I'd stab a motherfucker in a heartbeat for a proper Descent 4. (No, Freespace doesn't count)

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm pretty much kickstarted out at this point.

I literally will only send money for people who need burn or chimp attack reconstruction surgery.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

DatonKallandor posted:

By far the best thing about Descent was the multiplayer, though?

Not backing either, they'll get all the cash they need anyway.

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Called it. Single player game to follow if they make it. Descent PU imminent.

motorocker
Dec 23, 2013

Soiled Meat
When Is Transverse due to release? I cant wait to wrap my palms around that.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

A3: Yeah don't do that. I mean we've already said that every time we've mentioned docking, but gently caress it let's say it again. Oh by the way THE RETALIATOR WILL BE ABLE TO DOCK WITH A CARRIER SHIP LIKE A MERLIN DOCKS WITH A CONSTELLATION OH GOD FOUNDRY 42 IS THERE ANYTHING YOU DON'T MAKE AWESOME.

Getting a Tali boner over here :awesome:

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

motorocker posted:

2 weeks after Star Citizen does.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

3 posted:

You joke, but I'd stab a motherfucker in a heartbeat for a proper Descent 4. (No, Freespace doesn't count)

I would sacrifice your Decent 4 for a proper Freespace 3.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

motorocker posted:

As soon as they bring it back out from behind that curtain they took it behind to shoot it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
from the Crowfall kickstarter:

quote:

Star Citizen

Chris Roberts and Star Citizen. First, this man and game, more than any other, has shown that crowdfunding is the wave of the future. His success is something any game developer is both envious of, and in complete awe of, simultaneously.

He has demonstrated that you, the gaming community, are more powerful than any publisher, that you can support developers directly to get the entertainment that you want. This is both revolutionary and amazing. This sea change is disrupting the entire gaming industry, and it is scaring the biggest publishers as they lose their control over developers and of what games come to market. If you haven’t checked out Star Citizen, you should do so now! It’s production values dwarf that of most AAA games because it’s led by an experienced and ultra-passionate game maker, who has a vision must drive into reality.

Chris, thank you for leading our industry into the future!

:whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Eonwe posted:

from the Crowfall kickstarter:
:whitewater:

Isn't that an amazing future? Aren't you happy that Christ Roberts SAVED us from publishers? And he did that in only two weeks! Better than god himself. God bless.

• Locked thread