Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
so this game just glitched out in an interesting way.

Gohan turned SSj2 in that PQ, then started his Ultimate Kamehameha. This was interrupted by Cell jumping into the battle.

Somehow, during this scene, Gohan finished his Kamehameha and fired the beam, so when Cell returned, it reset with Gohan wandering around and a giant gently caress off blue beam hanging in mid air. Gohan was able to move, I could tell because I punched him and he punched me.

Cell immediately flew directly into the hanging Kamehameha and died instantly, failing the mission for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Someone threw at me that Victory/Big Tree Cannon might be a double entendre because like, Tree Trunks

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

So I'm used to the servers not being available, but does anyone else keep getting told they don't have a network connection? My internet was acting up yesterday, and now I'm paranoid my wireless card is dying or something.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."

Theta Zero posted:

This, this, and this are really the only notable tracks, so pretty much. The whole OST is just really underwhelming.

This one's pretty good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u8LeSntBRM

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Behold my Goku, he has trained under the finest punchmen and posemen in the galaxy: Captain Ginyu and Hercule

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

There are actually.

Shining Friday "Fire a powerful Ki Blast in front of your eyes. Damages enemies or cancels their Ki Blasts!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm finding Death Beam to combo pretty well with my FClan's basic attack strings, thanks cousin freezer

Thank you, and thank you. I just got Electric wave trying to get the soul I needed to craft 18's "at max ki PUNCH HARDER!" too. Also several skirts. Level 80 punch mans, even with only 50 in his attack stats is like night and day between lv 35 just hit 100 Ki blast freiza dude. God drat do I miss that human passive Ki regen. Though I suppose punch man also being able to just quickly basic attack giant apes to death/ one hit tail grab KO giant nappa from full health is quite a factor there. (blue hurricane? what's that :downs:)

Davoren posted:

So I'm used to the servers not being available, but does anyone else keep getting told they don't have a network connection? My internet was acting up yesterday, and now I'm paranoid my wireless card is dying or something.

While I have been getting that (just got kicked out of non lobby mode for it even), my internet has been somewhat screwy most of the day. MOST of my stuff and the internet works fine, but various websites were loving to throw hissy fits for a while regardless of browser used and even getting "we cant play this in your browser, update glash (which is up to date)" notices for a while. It seems to be settling down, I think it was my service provider loving up likely. Which since we've not had comcast for some years is something I had almost forgotten was like :v:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 11, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This is my lady buu her name is Shake.

I wish I had more interesting clothes. I have a super fat super huge male buu named Puddin who has Krillins cap and the time patrol stuff and he looks like he's on his way to PAX or something.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Does Gotenks teach you that weird ghost move of his, and of so, is it race restricted?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ometeotl posted:

Does Gotenks teach you that weird ghost move of his, and of so, is it race restricted?

According to gamefaqs listing up what some website videos said, yes. You get an Super AND an ultimate version. Though this does not seem to be completely 100% accurate.

GAMEFAQS posted:

The 4th for each character is an Ultimate attack, just FYI.

Krillin - Orin Combo, Destructo Disc, Spread Shot Retreat (Evasive), Scatter Kamehameha

Piccolo- Evil Explosion, Super Explosive Wave (Evasive Skill), Light Grenade, Special Beam Cannon

Vegeta- Galick Gun, Finish Breaker, Shine Shot, Final Flash

Ginyu- Fighting Pose F, Fighting Pose A, Milky Cannon, Body Change (1v1 only Ultimate)

Hercule- Rolling Hercule Punch, Dynamite Kick, Present for You, Savior Has Arrived

Frieza- Death Beam, Death Crasher, Emperor's Sign, Supernova

Cell - All Clear, Gravity Impact, Perfect Shot, Perfect Kamehameha

Android #18- Power Blitz, Endless Shoot, Deadly Dance, Dual Destructo-disc

Gohan & Videl (it's a duo)- Eagle Kick, Hawk Charge, Ki Blast Combination, Justice Combination

Gotenks- Galactic Donuts, DIE DIE Missile Barrage, Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack (Super), Super
Ghost Kamikaze Attack (Ultimate)

Goku- Afterimage Stirke, Spirit Bomb, Kamehameha X10 and Super Kamehameha

Beerus- Headshot, Nothing (Tells you that you are not worthy of a 2nd move), God of Destruction's Anger, Sphere of Destruction

I think some of those might be a touch out of order. I know HErcule gave me dynamite kick as the first move for example. Cell, Ginyu, Vegeta, check out from personal experience. Preeeety sure Picoolo gave me a strike super instead of an evasive for his second move, Evil Rise I think?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ometeotl posted:

Yes he does. He teaches you to spit out one and his ultimate is like 5 of them. I have no idea how the 5 really work though.

Also no, it's not race restricted though sadly you spit out ghost Gotenks no matter what you are.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

TGLT posted:

Don't forget you can ascend and descend once you start it, so that can make it a bit easier to stick with Bardock after it ends.

Holy loving poo poo. I had already beaten it by the time I read this but this is still very nice to know. I'm guessing it's the same as the controls to ascend and descend while flying?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Holy loving poo poo. I had already beaten it by the time I read this but this is still very nice to know. I'm guessing it's the same as the controls to ascend and descend while flying?

Yeah. The only probably is that if you're not at the top of the map or close to it, you'll knock them backwards. So you need to ascend while moving to catch them in the hurricane repetitively until you hit the top.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Good, my Majin Pac-Man is going to need a ghost attack.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
For The Great Saiyaman Helmet, I just have to do one - two portals and keep checking the first area right? Because this is like my 30th try and I still don't see those two fuckheads. Where do they spawn? Along the road?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I had the greatest idea of taking pictures with every master I completed the training of, wearing as close to their outfits as I could. This went well for Krillin (since Goku's outfit is close enough, apart from the blue shirt), Ginyu (using Krillin's Saiyan armour) and Piccolo (since his entire outfit is buyable to begin with).

Now I'm training with Cell. And sooner or later I'll do Freeza, maybe before I can make my own Freeza Clan to take a pic with. Any ideas of what I can wear?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Frezia you can just wear some normal armor, since he does the same. his is a purple scheme, right? I think that's buyable.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Brother, is that you?!

I really love this game sometimes.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Exercu posted:

Because it's what Toriyama wrote. You can then disagree with Toriyama's English skills. Whatever Toriyama wrote, victory or "big tree" it has a long ee-sound at the end.

Toriyama doesn't give a gently caress. He drew art concepts for battle of the gods and couldn't even remember what colour 18's hair was and thought ss2 was ss3.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Now that online seems to be working better I finally decided to do some parallel quests online, lot of fun playing with real people and not bad a.i., only person to use a mic so far was a really excited 9 year old, didn't stop talking the entire match, he gave his thoughts on all the characters we fought, it was endearing in a nerdy way :3:

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

also what are you guys talking about this is the only proper Xenoverse bgm

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9kN0pct-Q8

the only acceptable music

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

the only acceptable xenoverse music is the sound of your enemies screaming and pissing their pants while you punch them through mountains. end of discussion.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

What's the best mission to get crystal shard four?

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I took my Four-Star shirt off so I could see what colour I was making my pants, and I forgot this was a thing people used to do on purpose.

Man, City of Heroes was such a great game.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Harlock posted:

What's the best mission to get crystal shard four?

I think it's 18

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I'm so glad they added these guys

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Seeing depressive Pima do that pose makes me oddly happy. He's finally found something to ignite the fire in his heart. So beautiful.

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I have no idea how the 5 really work though.

They'll stay behind you and after a while will randomly home onto a random target, not really sure how that part works but homing on doesn't seem to affect it. Best used in melee combat, to extend combos or to break the enemy's combo, since the ghost will attack regardless if you're getting hit or not. It's a unique ultimate, but the effectiveness may vary.

The real reason to have Gotenks as a mentor though is DIE DIE Missile Barrage, which is amazing. While it has a little bit of startup you can use it as a combo finisher to almost anything, including ultimates, and the strong initial homing will even counter Vanishes. It also does nice damage and only gets better in co-op.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
No Vegetto or Gogeta as mentors is pretty disappointing.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Pureauthor posted:

No Vegetto or Gogeta as mentors is pretty disappointing.

Regular, non-SSJ4 Gogeta isn't even in the game. I have a feeling he's a good DLC candidate, and if so, could be a mentor in pack 2 or 3?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Not sure. His outfit is coming in the first DLC pack, though. I'm also unsure as to why you think they'd be good mentors. Spirit Sword and BBK are already drops in PQ. I guess Gogeta's Soul Punisher that he did to Janemba would be cool I guess?

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Body change makes PVP in this game fun and challenging. It also comes with a surprisingly large hitbox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlV36XwgPZo

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Wait, what exactly is stopping them from simply Body Changing right back, if they get your moves?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Tallgeese posted:

Wait, what exactly is stopping them from simply Body Changing right back, if they get your moves?

It locks that move.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Reposting from GW2 thread

Adhesive Gamin posted:

"No Wat Im Saiyan"

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

SNOT CORN posted:

Body change makes PVP in this game fun and challenging. It also comes with a surprisingly large hitbox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlV36XwgPZo

This is actually kind of an awesome meta pick since you can intentionally tank your attacking stats and then just steal the other guy's obscenely powered guy

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Should I have gotten a set of gear by level 21? When armor is listed, does that mean all pieces come from that PQ and you just have to keep running that PQ to complete the set?

Also, any must have skills I should know about? And how to get them?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Sade posted:

This is actually kind of an awesome meta pick since you can intentionally tank your attacking stats and then just steal the other guy's obscenely powered guy

If this becomes a thing i'm not playing this loving game.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I actually kinda feel bad when I beat the trash out of Goten. Like, if someone literally starts crying for their Mommy at low HP, maybe they're too young to be in a fighting tournament. Also Cell is the greatest mentor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

ShowTime posted:

If this becomes a thing i'm not playing this loving game.

the trick is to dodge it

• Locked thread