Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Eonwe posted:

testing sig
--

:eyepop:

Maybe put a police hat on him or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

Eonwe posted:

testing sig
--

Looking loving epic! What program,are you using to make sigs?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
a friend of mine made it, not sure

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Zeike posted:

:eyepop:

Maybe put a police hat on him or something

did you poop that turd yourself? it's impressive!!

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

TubeStank posted:

did you poop that turd yourself? it's impressive!!

I wish....

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Zeike posted:

I wish....

Holy poo poo someone really hated you. Who did you piss off?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nobody has bought me an av in nearly 30 days

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i can start shitposting about hardline again i guess

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Eonwe posted:

i can start shitposting about hardline again i guess

you've got plenty of content to poo poo post about like how premium is dumb and gay and doesn't add anything except battlepacks cause literally every feature will only come out with the first DLC.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
premium is dumb and gay and doesn't add anything except battlepacks cause literally every feature will only come out with the first DLC.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also i already bought premium lmao

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

How I intend to play BF:Hardline

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Hey there PC Thread, there's a Console thread now (in which I mostly stole your OP and messed about with it).

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3705753&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post442609883

Stick it in your OP maybe? Thanks!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think the best thing about hardline for me is that the maps we've played weren't filled with awful loving chokepoints and explosives spam wasn't a constant thing

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Hey there PC Thread, there's a Console thread now (in which I mostly stole your OP and messed about with it).

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3705753&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post442609883

Stick it in your OP maybe? Thanks!

Added to OP. Also the console OP is (predictably) poo poo and contains no Mad Bull 34.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Added to OP. Also the console OP is (predictably) poo poo and contains no Mad Bull 34.

drat Mad Bull 34 looks amazing. Eh, we'll let psycho cops be the PC Thread's thing.

NostalgiaGoggles
Jul 25, 2007
three-time winner of the Upper Class Twit of the Year competition
Some Hardline changes in response to the beta: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-lists-battlefield-hardline-changes-following-be/1100-6425842/

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Has EA said what their expected pre-order goals are? Right now it looks like they are at about 150-170k across all platforms. I'm curious how close that is to their projections. BF4 had just over 1 million 3 weeks before launch but I'm not sure that's a good comparison.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Short version: some rear end in a top hat hit the level cap in 5 days and now everyone levels up half as fast!!

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Weapon license increased to 1250 kill Hahahaha

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol those changes

how can we make the experience more tedious than beta

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

lol those changes

how can we make the experience more tedious than beta

Probably closer to how can we stop people from trading the game in after a week

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

i read this article on polygon and realized...hardline is bad, actually

http://www.polygon.com/features/2015/3/11/8187373/battlefield-hardline-and-the-silent-agony-of-villains

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

also have a videos of the :siren: console version :siren: that shows off some shooting of mans that you don't have to feel bad about shooting because they're other people and not computers with families https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6aPFLQWbzw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szBpRIfhAXM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz86IEsmGVI

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 12, 2015

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

And now I really want the sledge. :argh:

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Liquid Penguins posted:

Short version: some rear end in a top hat hit the level cap in 5 days and now everyone levels up half as fast!!

Basically. At least in Hardline nothing is really level locked, it's all based on the amount of money you make more or less.

evil_bunnY posted:

Yeah, that's genuinely annoying. My favorite Engineer weapon was the MPX and it's going to take me forever to get it for the Criminals now.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

evil_bunnY posted:

So what EA is saying is for me to play on whatever server is the new 24/7 Metro/Locker/Hardline Successor Map to grind out those thousand kills.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Revolver Bunker posted:

So what EA is saying is for me to play on whatever server is the new 24/7 Metro/Locker/Hardline Successor Map to grind out those thousand kills.

It will be Metro 2015 and you will Love It.

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!
The first few days our server will be set for hotwire so we can grind cash by continually driving around. Then we'll switch to the kill farming maps :)

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

"The block" is apparently hilariously small and 32-players.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

:Something something you can get early access if you paid for EA's company pass bullshit and it carries over to when you actually get the game something something:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

evil_bunnY posted:

"The block" is apparently hilariously small and 32-players.

It's in two of the videos I posted above but only in tdm which makes the map smaller anyway so who knows. Even then it doesn't look like the meat grinders that are metro and locker.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Liquid Penguins posted:

Suits me. Every time I hit the cap in BF3/4, my motivation while playing dropped a little.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Leveling up doesn't really mean much in Hardline since you unlock everything with Halo Bucks anyways.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

How good is the G36C? I never got to try it during the beta. My two favorite guns from the beta, the M416 and the AKM, are now criminal only and that is kind of a bummer. I guess I'll be playing criminal for a while until I get those weapon licenses. :jihad:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
They nerfed magnum ammo :qq:

I guess they really do want to make snipers worthless in this game.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
g36 owns

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
If the G36 is actually good in this game I might have to budge from my "Not at launch" stance. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Knifegrab posted:

They nerfed magnum ammo :qq:

I guess they really do want to make snipers worthless in this game.

I like the damage to vehicles change but the OHK range was fine as it was. If you want to snipe mans the Scout Elite is still a silly head shot from the hip machine. ETA till they nerf it and actually make snipers useless?

• Locked thread