Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yodzilla posted:

Compared to most Banshee episodes, yeah. :v:

Kai burned three men alive dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prak
Jan 3, 2006

---------
Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

Kai burned three men alive dude.
But he didn't stay and watch.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yodzilla posted:

Good loving lord for being a bridging episode with fairly little violence this show is still brutal and awesome as gently caress. Goddamn I can't loving wait to see how this season ends.

e: I've never seen someone get dumped to hard. Kai is a master of negging

My brother walked in while i was watching it "What's this? ahh Banshee, someone is being brutally beaten"
Hahahaha

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I laughed so hard at the slow mo shots of Kai with the fire behind him. Sooooo glorious. This show can get away with poo poo like that and still be badass as hell

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bunker's going to kill him some Nazi's. He's like a wound spring.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rocksicles posted:

Bunker's going to kill him some Nazi's. He's like a wound spring.

I can't wait to see what Bunker's brother looks like. Or how Bunker beats the poo poo out of him.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS
I've watched this show in its entirety in the past 1-2 weeks and man it's loving fantastic. Just pure enjoyment. I put it alongside Spartacus, 24 and Strike Back in 'gently caress YEAH' fist pumping moments. So much fun. I just love the cavalcade of cunts they manage to introduce in each episode. They're all so loving mean.

I just recently watched Low Winter Sun so I was very confused when the leader of the Black Beards (blind chap) showed up as I couldn't work out if he was from an earlier episode of Banshee or not. Too many shows on the go! He plays a gangster sort of boss man in LWS too.

I really like Bunker. Hope he can get those tattoos removed and become a permanent fixture :)

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I can't believe how quickly after dispatching with the previous big baddie they've managed to somehow up the game and bring in more. What a horrible town Banshee is.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I had actually forgotten that Billy survived Chayton's attack on the station. That was a weirdly unceremonious way to announce that oh hey, he's fine and has already healed from his gunshot wound.

Also Max must be pretty loving confused considering that his mom, dad, and sister are just randomly out of the house or missing for like 24 hours at a time. Poor kid.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The TV IV › BANSHEE S3: "Jesus Christ, what the gently caress did you do now?" (Fridays @ 10 PM ET, Cinemax)
:tviv:

Requesting gifs of Proctor walking away from the fire, immediately.

Also, leave Sugar alone. :ohdear:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Promo for the finale looks intense!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's only one more???

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I know right!

Yeah next week is the finale.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Everything about Proctor setting those dudes on fire and walking away in slomo was so cheesy and over the top and something a 14 year old would think was cool and I loved every goddamn second of it

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Hilarious that Stowe just did whatever at this base without any general officers coming to rain on his parade, as often officers of such rank are wont to do when they are bored and want to go make all the poor fucks at the base run like 10 miles for no other reason than esprit de corps. Torture motherfuckers? Why not? I'm somehow autonomous and no higher command has jurisdiction over me! Hoard a ton of money we stole? Why not?

I want to see the inevitable fight between Stowe and Hood.

Also the description in Sickbeard makes it seem like we might get a glimpse into Hood's past, from what made him who he is standpoint. Can't wait.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The fact that Stowe has his guys doing heists and computer hacking with zero oversight and not painting rocks or raking sand probably makes him the coolest officer in the entire military.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
It occurred to me as I discussed this show with a friend who is binging through it that Hood is pretty much like Optimus Prime. He gets the poo poo kicked out of him 9 times out of 10 but somehow survives and destroys his enemy in the end.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

suddenlyissoon posted:

It occurred to me as I discussed this show with a friend who is binging through it that Hood is pretty much like Optimus Prime. He gets the poo poo kicked out of him 9 times out of 10 but somehow survives and destroys his enemy in the end.

Besides the show's obvious hyperbolic portrayal of most main characters' fighting prowess, I think the show is also trying to give us the idea that Hood is just one tough bastard. But apparently so is Proctor since he and Hood have fought to a stalemate two or three times.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

You think we'll be losing a main character in the finale?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Sugar seems like the most disposable of the Hood Gang, but he and Job are too great together to split up and I think the show knows it. I could see Rebecca, Gordon or Ana biting it though

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Niwrad posted:

You think we'll be losing a main character in the finale?

I hope not, but if we are to lose one, it better not be Job...they can take Carrie, though. Maybe I'm just imagining this but just from Season 2 they seem to have been setting up to off her. You know, she and Gordon separate, hate each other, Gordon spins out of control getting lap dances and getting drunk, they start to reunite, then BAM, Carrie's tortured to death by a rogue Marine colonel she recently spurned and then stole a bunch of money from. She's the only one where it's actually personal with Stowe so he's got a bone to pick already, the money notwithstanding. Five gets you ten, Stowe is going to kill her.

Plus, I mean, who really likes her character anyway? Yeah she's badass but inconsistent, and another thing I've noticed (that in my weird mind supports my above theory) is that she hasn't really been a big player this season other than to date Stowe in the beginning of the season and then help steal all his money.

It seems to me like they are phasing her out in preparation to kill her off.

But then, last week's flashbacks to Hood's introduction to Job that were brought on by guilt, and then Job saying they have a lot of history, but maybe it should just be history now, could really support Job getting killed off. I will probably cry like a big baby.

e: even more support for the Carrie theory: Lucas still loves her I think, and when he walks into the bar and no one is there and then Gordon is there and he asks, "Where's your wife?" to which Gordon answers, "What did you do?"

life is killing me fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 11, 2015

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I don't think anyone will go. I mean Siobhan was the big kill off this season. But if they do, I think Gordon is the most likely. Gives Carrie a good storyline to work from next season which she desperately needs. Hood is forced into hanging around the town to be a Father. And someone will get wrecked in retaliation.

Carrie kind of sucks the last 2 seasons but killing her off would be a major move. Not sure they'd go that far.

Do we know who the Mayor of Banshee is these days?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

And surprise of the season was Hood never slept with the female cop from the reservation. Still an episode left but chances seem slim.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I hope they off the bartender, that dudes annoying

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Niwrad posted:

Do we know who the Mayor of Banshee is these days?
Not sure if you're joking, but it's Gordon

I agree that Siobhan is probably it as far as majors go

Also he's totally going to nail reservation deputy next year

life is killing me posted:

Plus, I mean, who really likes her character anyway? Yeah she's badass but inconsistent, and another thing I've noticed (that in my weird mind supports my above theory) is that she hasn't really been a big player this season other than to date Stowe in the beginning of the season and then help steal all his money.

It seems to me like they are phasing her out in preparation to kill her off.
I still like her but yeah, it seems like the show doesn't really know what to do with her and her storyline's just drifting. It'd still be a pretty huge move to kill her off.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

Not sure if you're joking, but it's Gordon

gently caress, I should have known that.

I'm guessing Nazi cop's brother is going to be the big villain for next season?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Fetus Tree posted:

I hope they off the bartender, that dudes annoying

Get the gently caress out.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Gordon or Carrie is honestly fine by me.

e: or Deva

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I have an inkling it's going to be Job, he and Hood are on the outs and they gave him a flashback, it'd be another gut punch to Hood which feels like the show's M.O. at this point.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Am I correct in thinking that Hood and I guess Job were doing work for some shady government organization? That is sort of the vibe I got from the flashbacks.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Niwrad posted:

Am I correct in thinking that Hood and I guess Job were doing work for some shady government organization? That is sort of the vibe I got from the flashbacks.

We will found out this week, or at least they will feed us tidbits of his "shadowed past" as stuff to chew on for season 4.

:ninja:edit
I really think it's something like you're saying. Either he was a mercenary like Stowe's pet Navy SEAL, or he was some sort of black ops dude. Would certainly explain his combat skills which translate pretty well to high-level thievery/heisting. Also it seems in the flashbacks Job was not the badass he is now, so maybe Hood taught him to fight?

life is killing me fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 11, 2015

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
If anyone is dying it'll be Carrie. Her character is kind of fundamentally useless to Hood's story right now. If she dies, though, it forces Hood & Gordon into a parenting conflict since Hood will be Deva's only remaining bioparent, but also a terrible influence.

If Gordon dies it doesn't really do anything for the show to set up next-season character drama and conflicts. If anything, it creates too easy a path for Carrie, Hood, and Deva to have some bizarre family life. Which, admittedly, might be how they want to close the show after S4...

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
It looked to me like Carrie was taken away on a helicopter and Hood was freaking out about it... but that's just from the trailer and their purpose is to throw you off. But based on that, I think Stowe escapes with Carrie, and that sets us up for next season.

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

Cuntpunch posted:

If anyone is dying it'll be Carrie. Her character is kind of fundamentally useless to Hood's story right now. If she dies, though, it forces Hood & Gordon into a parenting conflict since Hood will be Deva's only remaining bioparent, but also a terrible influence.

If Gordon dies it doesn't really do anything for the show to set up next-season character drama and conflicts. If anything, it creates too easy a path for Carrie, Hood, and Deva to have some bizarre family life. Which, admittedly, might be how they want to close the show after S4...

I think a violent and brutal My Two Dads situation would be loving awesome.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Garfu posted:

It looked to me like Carrie was taken away on a helicopter and Hood was freaking out about it... but that's just from the trailer and their purpose is to throw you off. But based on that, I think Stowe escapes with Carrie, and that sets us up for next season.

The helicopter is immediately shot down by Fat Brantley's brother: Ginger Brantley.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Carrie has her own story that's inherently kind of interesting completely independently of Gordon, though, whereas Gordon doesn't really have anything except "gently caress you Hood" if Carrie dies.

If one of those two is going, it's Gordon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Do you really think they'd kill Gordon off right after they worked to make him more interesting?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The only reason to kill off Gordon is to give Carrie an interesting storyline next season. Basically her getting revenge on whoever did it.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I actually think the mayor is finally cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prak
Jan 3, 2006

---------
Nap Ghost

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Carrie has her own story that's inherently kind of interesting completely independently of Gordon, though, whereas Gordon doesn't really have anything except "gently caress you Hood" if Carrie dies.
With her early seasons complaints about life becoming a nightmare and losing her family (not dead yet) I thought they were setting her up to crack and follow in the footsteps of her father and become a new Banshee power.

• Locked thread