Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Tatum Girlparts posted:

There was literally nothing bad about those two episodes.

Also so many new questions to replace the old ones. The gently caress did Jasper mean by her slams on Pearl being defective? For one that confirms that the gems AREN'T unique if she's 'a defective pearl' and for another whaaaaaa.

Also does Yellow Diamond know about them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Mr. Fowl posted:

Also, we got some solid confirmation that Steven is not normal. His punch caved in the dash on Greg's van.

He's perfectly normal for an alien/human hybrid.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Are we sure they didn't mean that Pearl defected to the Human side in the war and not is defective?

Also, I'm curious about Ruby and Sapphire more than anything.

V----- It was "defecte(d?) Pearl, Overcooked (for amethyst) and then called Garnet a monstrosity or something.

Edit: Season 2 better have them rescuing Lapis dammit.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 12, 2015

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

OldTennisCourt posted:

Are we sure they didn't mean that Pearl defected to the Human side in the war and not is defective?

Also, I'm curious about Ruby and Sapphire more than anything.

I'm pretty sure the term Jasper used was specifically "overcooked" take that how you will.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
So I guess Peridot is still on Earth? I wonder how they'll deal with that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

LostRook posted:

I'm pretty sure the term Jasper used was specifically "overcooked" take that how you will.

That was for Amethyst, fits in with the theory that she spent the war in Kindergarten instead of fighting.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

LostRook posted:

She used overcooked to refer to Amethyst, not Pearl. From the designs it almost seemed like a Yellow Diamond was a similar gem type to Amethyst, probably also made in a kindergarden.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

That was certainly something else.

Garnet continues to be the best and I'm sad about Lapis.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
And to think, it used to be the theory that Garnet was permanently fused in order for one Gem to permanently contain another or some bad thing.

Meanwhile... that's a really sad ending for Lapis Lazuli.

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.
She called Pearl "defective" and Amethyst "overcooked."
Garnet, I knew you were my favorite for reasons.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wouldn't a fusion between Ruby and Sapphire be Emerald? :v:

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

And to think, it used to be the theory that Garnet was permanently fused in order for one Gem to permanently contain another or some bad thing.

Meanwhile... that's a really sad ending for Lapis Lazuli.

I'm pretty drat sure that Lapis has to come back. That didn't look like a very stable prison.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
God drat I am still recovering from how awesome that was

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Lapis is going to come back and Jasper is going to escape. It's inevitable.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Peridot mentioned to Jasper that they were looking for the Cluster, but Jasper said that Rose Quartz was a bigger priority, so chew on that for now I guess.

But yeah, Ruby and Sapphire are cute, Garnet is fantastic, Steven Universe is a great show, we all win here.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I get the feeling that isn't the last we've seen of those two. They aren't synchronized, eventually the the fusion will end. However, then they'll be deep in the ocean, which is Lapis' home turf, and at that point Lapis will be able to contain Jasper for an extended time anyway. But possibly not forever.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

If the spaceship was a giant hand what if it's part of a bigass gem person :stare:

EDIT: I've been playing Monster Hunter and I had to ask what a Zinogre Jasper was and joked that that was going to be my gemsona name. I'm so hosed up that this happened.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 12, 2015

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I rewatched the scene with Jasper insulting them:

"But this is all that's left of her army? Some lost, defective pearl. A puny, overcooked runt. And this shameless display?"

Yikes.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

nerdbot posted:

If the spaceship was a giant hand what if it's part of a bigass gem person :stare:

"Guys I said you can borrow my hand, this is just disrespectful"

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Moltrey posted:

Peridot mentioned to Jasper that they were looking for the Cluster, but Jasper said that Rose Quartz was a bigger priority, so chew on that for now I guess.

But yeah, Ruby and Sapphire are cute, Garnet is fantastic, Steven Universe is a great show, we all win here.

I think that was just part of Jasper's beef with Rose Quartz.

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Wouldn't a fusion between Ruby and Sapphire be Emerald? :v:

I don't understand gems, but according to some loving website, "Ruby is a red Sapphire, since Ruby and Sapphire are identical in all properties except for color." I think Garnet has a tendency to be lumped in with Ruby by people who know nothing because of the red coloring. :shrug:

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I wonder what his ringtone is.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Fat_Cow posted:

SOME-ONE'S-CALL-ING

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

foxatee posted:

I don't understand gems, but according to some loving website, "Ruby is a red Sapphire, since Ruby and Sapphire are identical in all properties except for color." I think Garnet has a tendency to be lumped in with Ruby by people who know nothing because of the red coloring. :shrug:

It was a Pokemon joke. :v:

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Oh my god I could not stop smiling for the entirety of Garnet's song. That was so incredibly perfect. Oh my god. :3: :3: :3:

But yeah, tons of new hooks, so excited.

Oh my goddddddd

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
So are the monster gems (who I'm almost certain are Amethyst's sisters) UNDERcooked, or just feral, do you think?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

pksage posted:

Oh my god I could not stop smiling for the entirety of Garnet's song. That was so incredibly perfect. Oh my god. :3: :3: :3:

But yeah, tons of new hooks, so excited.

Oh my goddddddd

Seriously. I didn't think any song this season would topple "Strong in the Real Way" but this one did it. It's the song to beat imo.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

So Hopper, how would you rate the episode on a scale of 1-10?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSllFTFRJjM&t=67s

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Jasper was a good villain for the short time she appeared.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Bass Bottles posted:

Lapis is going to come back and Jasper is going to escape. It's inevitable.

Only question is if Lapis is going to be still trapped in the fusion or not. But I only caught the last big so, there are other Sapphires and Pearls out there?

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

It was a Pokemon joke. :v:

What's a poky man?
(My husband would've got your joke.)

Edit: Yeah, he did.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Fat_Cow posted:

What use would Onion even have for a phone?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1bE46O6NNoU

Garnet's song

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Gaunab posted:

Jasper was a good villain for the short time she appeared.

I loved "FUSIONS ARE STUPID" -> "YOU ONLY WON BECAUSE YOU FUSED!!!" within maybe 4 minutes of time.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

nerdbot posted:

I loved "FUSIONS ARE STUPID" -> "YOU ONLY WON BECAUSE YOU FUSED!!!" within maybe 4 minutes of time.

And all four minutes of that was Garnet singing about how awesome being a fusion is.

Holy gently caress, this is a good day.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fat_Cow posted:

Man, Lion can do everything.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Fat_Cow posted:

You know drat well what his ringtone is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcUkKltAidM

Crabtree posted:

Only question is if Lapis is going to be still trapped in the fusion or not. But I only caught the last big so, there are other Sapphires and Pearls out there?

Given what Jasper said, we have every reason to believe that the gems we know are not, in fact, singular.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Was I the only one who for a second when Peridot was talking thought everyone else was going to be talking in song too?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

Was I the only one who for a second when Peridot was talking thought everyone else was going to be talking in song too?

I thought so too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Triskelli posted:

And all four minutes of that was Garnet singing about how awesome being a fusion is.

Holy gently caress, this is a good day.

Not for Lapis :(

• Locked thread