Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

closeted republican posted:

Robots are cool but DAR looks lame so I never used him. If you're going to add a robot to the game, make him look like a drat killbot, not some piece of junk toy.

DAR being a sparking toy-looking robot fits right in with the first game being so tongue in cheek, though :v: A big, bulky killbot would be too serious for the setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Mans posted:

I want Tripwire to make a mod ala The Ship and create Reagan, Thatcher , Gorvachov, Fidel, Saddam and Bush, all with terrible voice acting.

CoD: Black Ops had something similar in it's first zombie map and it was awesome.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Rorus Raz posted:

Saw the Wolf shirt one of the devs was wearing.

Cross-promotional stuff with Payday 2 anyone? :getin:

It's a nice thought but I just really like Payday.

But hey, if they're interested we're open to doing cross promotions.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Would pay for both Chains telling zeds to "eat that dirt" and for smacking a cop in the face with reskinned to British wad of money while shouting "loads of monay."

Does the bullpup's magazine randomly drop out of the gun when firing? I heard that gun has some problems in the real world and you guys are all about that gun realism.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
No because it's the L85A2 model, the trader wouldn't get a lot of repeat business selling guns with flaws that have been addressed for over 10 years.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Do we have a confirmed list of perks at this point? As long as the Demo is back it's all good.

Speaking as a Brit it would indeed be a shame if there weren't voicepack options to have the characters butcher British slang like Dick van Dyke on a shrooms trip.

edit: basically as long as the game doesn't take itself at all seriously it's all good

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Questioner86 posted:

It's a nice thought but I just really like Payday.

But hey, if they're interested we're open to doing cross promotions.
Hoxton (or maybe Wolf) would be a perfect fit for KF2. :pray:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

"WHOOO! SHOT ME A FLESHPOUND!"

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder
One-up Payday by having Keanu in the chicken suit

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Zephro posted:

Do we have a confirmed list of perks at this point? As long as the Demo is back it's all good.

Speaking as a Brit it would indeed be a shame if there weren't voicepack options to have the characters butcher British slang like Dick van Dyke on a shrooms trip.

edit: basically as long as the game doesn't take itself at all seriously it's all good

All of the original perks are coming back, along with three new perks. One of the perks is Gunslinger, which is all about using pistols. No information has been revealed about the other perks, but we do know what their icons look like. One is a dude wearing a military helmet, while the other is a dragon's head.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
A Payday 2 / KF2 crossover is one step closer to having a Hotline Miami Jacket for the berzerker class!

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

One is a dude wearing a military helmet, while the other is a dragon's head.

Grenadier and Bruce Lee

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Man I hope the gunslinger gets some sick action movie style moves with his pistols. Give me gun kata poo poo and flashy as hell reloads and matrix dives

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
You can action dive to activate Zed time at will....but you can only dive forward. Have fun diving towards the Pound or Scrake.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I hope they make things more newbie-friendly this time around by not requiring most classes to pull off combos to kill Scrakes and Fleshpounds past Normal. Pulling off combos is cool, but holy Christ it's really unintiuitive.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I hope they make things more newbie-friendly this time around by not requiring most classes to pull off combos to kill Scrakes and Fleshpounds past Normal. Pulling off combos is cool, but holy Christ it's really unintiuitive.

:crossarms: what kinda combos are you talking about? multiheadshots aren't too tricky with the way it staggers the zed

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Chard posted:

:crossarms: what kinda combos are you talking about? multiheadshots aren't too tricky with the way it staggers the zed

Off the top of my head I can only think of scrake flipping being particularly difficult, the only other real combo thing I can think of is various ways to kill fleshpounds with a combination of grenades, pipes, a double barreled shotgun or the nade launcher.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Chard posted:

poo poo like the Katana + Hunting Shotgun combo for Scrakes as a support and the M32+ frag grenade trick for Fleshpounds as Demo.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

We used pipe piles for sure, I guess I was confused about context. Those all sound like solid methods but on Hard or even Suicidal I never felt like I was underpowered without using them.

I'm sure there will be new combos to discover especially with the new combinable perk system. All we need now is a release date

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

poo poo like the Katana + Hunting Shotgun combo for Scrakes as a support and the M32+ frag grenade trick for Fleshpounds as Demo.

lobbing a shitload of frags, popping them with the m32/m79, and watching everything just disappear is the most satisfying feeling in the game though

Axe+double barrel is second

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Support was pretty much the only class that could one shot every specimen in the game aside from the patriarch. Although you needed a couple of grenades for the flesh pound, but you only had to shoot your hunting shotgun once!

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Ruggington posted:

lobbing a shitload of frags, popping them with the m32/m79, and watching everything just disappear is the most satisfying feeling in the game though

Axe+double barrel is second

I loving love that poo poo as well. It's fun as hell watching an HoE Fleshpound disappear in a small could of smoke. Watching the most powerful regular enemy in the game ge utterly wrecked with a few explostives is awesome.

Still doesn't mean it's not unintitive to non-hardcore people, though.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

That poo poo is godlike + makes sense. What else do you propose, making them easier to kill?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Broose posted:

Would pay for both Chains telling zeds to "eat that dirt" and for smacking a cop in the face with reskinned to British wad of money while shouting "loads of monay."

Clover would be a good fit for Killing Floor. :q:

Also someone make a Payday mod that plays DOSH/MONAY sound clips when you smack someone in the face with the wad of money melee weapon.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Man I hope the gunslinger gets some sick action movie style moves with his pistols. Give me gun kata poo poo and flashy as hell reloads and matrix dives

:ocelot:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

That poo poo is godlike + makes sense. What else do you propose, making them easier to kill?

I"d like it so that combining skills is just as useful for taking out powerful enemies as doing a combo would be. It would be a lot more intiuative if certin bigass weapons, like the LAW, could be combined with fire from other weapons to quickly take out a Fleshpound before he approaches the team. You'd need high tier weapons from the other teammates to do this, but it could work. Shooting a stunned Scrake won't break the stun, allowing other teammates to help out when someone's headshotting a Scrake. The Sharp or Zerk still needs to initiate the stun, but the other teammates are actually useful instead of activly hindering the Zerk or Sharp from doing their job by breaking the stun.

And frankly, considering how enemies's move their bodies in KF2, I don't think making combos is going to be nearly as easy as KF1. The devs have already said that landing a simple headshot is pretty difficult in harder difficulties, so I think a combined arms approach to dealing with powerful enemies in addition to combos would work better than having a single dude try to deal with the squirming enemies.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I"d like it so that combining skills is just as useful for taking out powerful enemies as doing a combo would be. It would be a lot more intiuative if certin bigass weapons, like the LAW, could be combined with fire from other weapons to quickly take out a Fleshpound before he approaches the team. You'd need high tier weapons from the other teammates to do this, but it could work. Shooting a stunned Scrake won't break the stun, allowing other teammates to help out when someone's headshotting a Scrake. The Sharp or Zerk still needs to initiate the stun, but the other teammates are actually useful instead of activly hindering the Zerk or Sharp from doing their job by breaking the stun.

And frankly, considering how enemies's move their bodies in KF2, I don't think making combos is going to be nearly as easy as KF1. The devs have already said that landing a simple headshot is pretty difficult in harder difficulties, so I think a combined arms approach to dealing with powerful enemies in addition to combos would work better than having a single dude try to deal with the squirming enemies.

I think it's cool to have different classes specialize in taking on different weapons. Feels p. awesome to slice through all the scrakes as a Zerker or take out an about-to-rage FP as a Demo guy, but that's just me.

I play Support 80% of the time anyways, so it didn't matter too much. AA12 gonna own in this game

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I play Support 80% of the time anyways, so it didn't matter too much. AA12 gonna own in this game

What if the AA12 isn't the top tier shotgun this time?

What if...

:getin:

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I think it'd be pretty sweet if as the beserker, or possibly some new melee-based class instead of just buying weapons you can buy body mods. Top level would be like playing that Fist of the North Star Dead island mod.

For those who don't know what I mean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoLadZotBuE

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

:stare: That's amazing.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Screw AA12s, Saiga 12s are real class and style.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Does this include stuff like Scrake stunning and burning zeds being some mysterious, unexplained (and sometimes buggy) effect? Basically anything that wasn't elaborated on in-game was inherently a bad mechanic to begin with, IMO, but the fact that it was possible to screw your teammates over made it even worse.

I'm cool with there being some depth to the combat (new 'Zerker sounds great for this), but it needs to be communicated in-game and not hidden on a wiki somewhere.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Mar 14, 2015

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Couldn't you stun a Scrake to death with the katana?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Mans posted:

Couldn't you stun a Scrake to death with the katana?

On normal and hard you could stun lock a scrake with just constantly hitting the normal attack from a high level zerker, any difficulty higher then that you and needed to use the altfire and hit them in the head with it. But yeah, you could.

The addendum to the normal attack stun lock was that if anyone so much as shot the thing while you were hitting it it would break the stunlock and you'd have a chain saw shoved in your face. Very unpleasant.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

I loving love that poo poo as well. It's fun as hell watching an HoE Fleshpound disappear in a small could of smoke. Watching the most powerful regular enemy in the game ge utterly wrecked with a few explostives is awesome.

I'm sure this isn't the core of your criticism because you've got a whole lotta :words: going on in your other posts about this, buttttttt in terms of this post you're being pretty ridiculous. If you're a "non-hardcore" :siren:CASUL:siren: and you're still playing on HoE then non-intuitive combos are going to be the least of your problems and you deserve everything that's coming to you, friendo.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Capn Beeb posted:

Clover would be a good fit for Killing Floor. :q:

Clover is my favorite because she's the angriest heister (so far, Bonnie, the lady who looks like she benchpresses Bulldozers for breakfast, may be angrier when she comes out). I would love to see her violent and angry voice and model in KF2 shouting abuse at zed and teammate alike. Seriously, "THE PAIN IS MENTAL, THE COPS AREN'T! GET THE gently caress UP!"

Seriously, all Tripwire studios have to do to get a cross promotion with Payday is probably ask. Well, maybe get a working game out the door, but after that it seems that Overkill studios loving love crossovers.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

John Murdoch posted:

I'm cool with there being some depth to the combat (new 'Zerker sounds great for this), but it needs to be communicated in-game and not hidden on a wiki somewhere.

Yeah, that's a better idea. That way, you can still do cool combos and newbies will understand them instead of having to look for guides to learn that they even exist.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Was it ever stated anywhere in KF1 that the fleshpound had a weakness to explosives?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Ryuga Death posted:

Was it ever stated anywhere in KF1 that the fleshpound had a weakness to explosives?

I don't think so. I actually learned about it from reading old KFMod material.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Maybe somewhere in the loading screen tips? Or maybe that was scrake's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Carecat posted:

Screw AA12s, Saiga 12s are real class and style.

Lemme get a drum fed VEPR-12 thanks.

• Locked thread