Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which fight are you most excited for?
This poll is closed.
Pettis/RDA 31 26.27%
WMMA belt 11 9.32%
Hendricks/Brown 42 35.59%
Nelson/Reem 34 28.81%
Total: 118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
henkman
Oct 8, 2008
anyone that thought Roy won that is delusional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

drat Reem really took some shots that seemed just as hard as the ones that have wiped him out before. Reminded me of the JDS/Nelson fight a lot.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Meowbot posted:

At least they were good fights which cannot be saidoof some decisions.

Yeah that is true

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Roy you moron, gently caress you

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

PaganGoatPants posted:

One kick to his non-existant guts and he's done for.

Brock's entire camp would be his coaching staff attempting to airplane him vegetables on a spoon.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
cool, now do reem/arlovski

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
8 count Reem?

jediguy
Apr 19, 2002

"I get hit like this in the gym.... well uh not so much"

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

i'm cumming brahs

Communist
Jun 13, 2001
If found outside nmp3s, please return.

henkman posted:

I don't think Roy won, but 30-27...nah.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Haha Overeem invites himself to Rogan's podcast.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
haha Eddie Belfour

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Holy poo poo Ed Belfour is old.

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

lol at reem calling roy well rounded. only in shape, son.

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't

Yuriy posted:

cool, now do reem/arlovski

Communist
Jun 13, 2001
If found outside nmp3s, please return.
Joe didn't seem too interested in having Reem on his podcast.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Communist posted:

Why not? Overeem was consistently outlanding him, dropping him once in the last 30 seconds shouldnt win him the round

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Communist posted:

30-27 is perfectly reasonable, but the margin by which overeem won the second and third rounds was close enough that the magic power of the judges could have made for a hilarious call right there

i am sad that the judges are not comedy fans

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
Jackson-Winkeljohn has put a chin on the Reem. They perform miracles there in Albuquerque I see.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Hahaha belfour looks trashed, as usual

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Communist posted:

Which round did Nelson win?

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Communist posted:

Yeah. Actually 30-27 easily. This isn't boxing where a knockdown equals the round no matter what else happens.

Grimes
Nov 12, 2005

Crocop VS Overeem

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground

Shumagorath posted:

too busy to read the GDT tonight but I'm betting it's saltier than stormfront right now

what

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Keg posted:

Roy seems dumb.

To be fair, after the JDS and Hunt fights it's impressive that Roy can speak in complete sentences and identify basic shapes; making smart decisions in a fight is asking a lot

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

ForbiddenWonder posted:

Hahaha belfour looks trashed, as usual

Ah right, I forgot about the alcoholism.

fatherdog posted:

To be fair, after the JDS and Hunt fights it's impressive that Roy can speak in complete sentences and identify basic shapes; making smart decisions in a fight is asking a lot

lol

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Keg posted:

Ah right, I forgot about the alcoholism.

But that is his thing. Also, no goal.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
Reem is the agony and ecstasy of MMA man you gotta hate the guy and thedn he does something like puts a permanent red tattoo on Roy Nelsons gut and almost knees his head clean off like a rock n sock en robot. But the guy gets knocked out by Ben Rothwell and an amazing Ben ROthwell dance is seen by all and then knocks out Struve and now Roy Nelson gives the shittiest post fight interview stating how he can fight werdum or Cain.

I would love to see Cain vs Overeem just because I love to see Overeem get knocked out. I dont think he belongs in that discussion though like others have said he needs another fight JDS or Arlovski he has been ducking JDS for years (not really but I want to see JDS punch him)

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
i thought the rampage fight had been called off

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Grimes posted:

Crocop VS Overeem

Crocop VS Overeem 2!

The nuttiest shots

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
UFC 185: Enter the Brown

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

henkman posted:

Didn't think for a second that Nelson won it. But I know ufc judges and their penchant for stupid split decisions.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Everyone better appreciate this fight. This is two of the most exciting fighters ever who consistently finish great fighters in arguably the most vicious division in the sport

cams
Mar 28, 2003

turning your back and running from roy nelson earns you -500 octagon control points

my judging system is flawless

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Shumagorath posted:

too busy to read the GDT tonight but I'm betting it's saltier than stormfront right now

good call

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I thought Roy's chin might have been busted after the Hunt fight but nope

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Tezcatlipoca posted:

But that is his thing. Also, no goal.

He was also the best goalie in NHL 94 for Sega Genesis.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
I love this card. Pettis, Hendricks, Brown and Nelson are like all my favourite non Aussie fighters and Joanna Jedi has added herself to that list too.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

"murderer's row" "group of assassins" someone come up with cool names for groups of badass people and tweet them at joe rogan plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009

cams posted:

turning your back and running from roy nelson earns you -500 octagon control points

my judging system is flawless

Considering Overeem's answer to getting out of trouble when he gets rocked used to be dropping his hands and starring deeply into opponents eyes, I'd say it's a small step up in improving his defense. Baby steps, man.

• Locked thread