Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
NJPW keeps putting on these 'good, but not great' shows that are more fun to watch all the way through than most 'great' shows. The Tanahashi/CNJ vs. Yano/Sakuraba match was the only bad match on this show (and Jesus was it way too long to boot).

I don't like Dorada's new mask. I do like his new finish, much better than the thing he was using before. The Mexican style doesn't put much emphasis on flying moves to grounded opponents (probably because those rings suck to land on) so it was a weird thing for him to be using to begin with, and it showed since it didn't look very impressive. Dorada has been on the winning team in every match he's been in since he signed with the company, and he's gotten the pinfall in I think all but one of them. They are really getting behind him which is cool to see.

It's funny to see the veterans work hard to not get shown up by the young lions. Both those guys look like future stars, though I wish Komatsu would cut down on the comical selling a bit.

It's funny that I was just thinking (I may have even posted about it) a few weeks ago how Shibata and Honma would be a fun team, and then they go and have this match and were way better than I could've expected. The match itself was good but not as good as I hoped, but their chemistry was great. I loved all their double team spots. I really hope this is going to be a thing going forward, though it was probably just a "tag team partners of the guys that fought earlier on teaming together" thing. Cody Hall definitely looks like a future star in the making.

Makabe and Goto are two of my most disliked guys in the company but I enjoyed their match. It was kept short which was probably for the best.

Ibushi/Naito felt very good to me but not quiiite MOTYC level, but that said my internet died about 3/4 of the way into the match and really took me out of it. I could see thinking more of it on rewatch. That wheelbarrow piledriver is a SOTYC for sure. It was funny how the entire match was structured to get Ibushi over but the crowd was still more into Naito anyway. gently caress them.

The finals were a well-worked match, but felt a little flat until the last few minutes. The crowd was either burned out or maybe just wanted to see Naito in the finals. I would've rather seen Ibushi challenge for and win the IC than be a one-and-done challenger to AJ, but it's hard to complain about a new guy in the top mix for once even if it's not exactly in the way I would've hoped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
YTR has the best facial expressions in the business

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

NickRoweFillea posted:

YTR has the best facial expressions in the business

It's the smile. Every time he smiles, he looks slightly confused too.

(e): Oh and once Tanaka and Komatsu get gimmicks, they're both gonna be something special.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Mar 15, 2015

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Just finished watching. Great show from pretty much top to bottom.

Top matches of the card with Ibushi/Goto and especially Ibushi/Naito. The wheelbarrow piledriver was straight murder and I like that he held off on the phoenix splash until the finals. One thing I realized today is that Ibushi is insanely good at making nearfalls believable. I thought the match was going to have a lame finish so many times. The crowd seemed pumped for him to challenge AJ and I can't wait.

The Young Lions are really killing it lately, and Komatsu's rolling half crab was beautiful. Lance Storm would be proud.

Cody Hall has some decent offense, but he needs to quit mashing the taunt button all match. His (as yet unused) finisher is preceded by two loving taunts.

Shibata/Honma needs to be a permanent team for real.

Anyone hating in Tana/YTR is just worried that their pretty boy will be exposed as a non-super athlete. The match is going to be so fun and the build-up has been great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It was a good show, but I really hope these delayed shows aren't going to be the new normal, having to avoid everything online till I can actually watch the show sucks, and it would be nice to be able to GDT it (though the timezone doesn't always make that possible anyway).

I'm really satisfied by who won the Final. REALLY satisfied.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Jerusalem posted:

It was a good show, but I really hope these delayed shows aren't going to be the new normal, having to avoid everything online till I can actually watch the show sucks, and it would be nice to be able to GDT it (though the timezone doesn't always make that possible anyway).

I'm really satisfied by who won the Final. REALLY satisfied.

It seems like it's only going to happen for some shows, since they put on WK9 and the second New Beginning show live. At least I pray that Invasion Attack is live.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Are they going to show Smackdown NOAH shows on the service?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

LordPants posted:

Are they going to show Smackdown NOAH shows on the service?

That's going to be tough since NTV has the rights to NOAH. I've heard rumors that something might be able to be worked out for future shows though, have no clue how legitimate those are.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I just hope G1 shows aren't delayed because that'd be a buzzkill for NJPW World for me imo.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

I just hope G1 shows aren't delayed because that'd be a buzzkill for NJPW World for me imo.

The only one I think it would be a concern about is the Final.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
invasion attack is going to be live

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

That's a nice surprise, figured after NB:Osaka and the NJC Finals that all big shows would be on a small delay.

Full April schedule:

I think the show at the end of the month might be a B PPV perhaps headlined by an IC match that would be a counterpart to the Dontaku show in early May.

There's also one more house show card at the end of March. Baretta returns as a CHAOS member for the first time since the 2013 Junior tag tournament in a multiman match. Like Day 1of the NJC cup for the US and Canada this falls on the day summer time begins for Britain and Ireland so back to the normal 5 hour time difference.

Road to Invasion Attack 2015 in Act City Hamamatsu (March 29th) 2:00 AM EDT/07:00 BST

Card
  • Tiger Mask IV & Sho Tanaka vs. The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson)
  • Captain New Japan & Mascara Dorada vs. Bullet Club (Kenny Omega & Cody Hall)
  • TenCozy (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) & Yohei Komatsu vs. Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & Ryusuke Taguchi
  • Hirooki Goto, Katsuyori Shibata & Tomoaki Honma vs. Bullet Club ("Machine Gun" Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Tama Tonga)
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe, Tetsuya Naito & Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) vs. CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura, Toru Yano, Tomohiro Ishii, Rocky Romero & Beretta)
  • CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, YOSHI-HASHI & Gedo) vs. Bullet Club (AJ Styles, Bad Luck Fale & Yujiro Takahashi)
How to watch: Live & on demand on NJPW World (¥999/month)

Thauros fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Mar 21, 2015

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Nice, Invasion Attack is live and starts at midnight here. That's going to be fun.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I'm baffled by their streaming decisions. One of two New Beginning shows and the New Japan Cup Final air on delay, but Invasion Attack - arguably their 4th (?) biggest show of the year - is on live?

:confused:

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

Dunbar posted:

I'm baffled by their streaming decisions. One of two New Beginning shows and the New Japan Cup Final air on delay, but Invasion Attack - arguably their 4th (?) biggest show of the year - is on live?

:confused:

Whatever deal they made with TV Asahi to make World possible probably involved giving them some of the bigger shows, but keeping the biggest shows (Invasion Attack, G1 Finals, probably KoPW, Tokyo Dome etc.) live on World.

Also their weekly TV is kinda irrelevant still I think so they need something to show people to get them to sign up for NJPW World.

Biosys fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Mar 21, 2015

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The guy who uploaded or streamed the AXS shows on Daily Motion has been killed, or has his account deleted. Who's my hook up now?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

ICHIBAHN posted:

The guy who uploaded or streamed the AXS shows on Daily Motion has been killed, or has his account deleted. Who's my hook up now?

Between this and Yottsume, I'm convinced NJPW has hitmen.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

the technical term is 'Yakuza'

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I think Pro Wrestling Tees would've been more likely to put a hit on Yottsume.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

i was watching a match earlier on njpw world and it was Choshu & Tenryu vs. Mutoh & Chono and they were treating Mutoh like a big garbage piece of crap and he got pissed fuckin off and went up the ramp and backstage a couple mins into the match and later in the match Muta comes out from the curtain and saves Chono and everyone goes wild, wreslting is cool

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

come on man, you got a link?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

oh yea it's this one http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00125_1_1

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
anyone have a link to cancel?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros posted:

That's a nice surprise, figured after NB:Osaka and the NJC Finals that all big shows would be on a small delay.

Full April schedule:

I think the show at the end of the month might be a B PPV perhaps headlined by an IC match that would be a counterpart to the Dontaku show in early May.

There's also one more house show card at the end of March. Baretta returns as a CHAOS member for the first time since the 2013 Junior tag tournament in a multiman match. Like Day 1of the NJC cup for the US and Canada this falls on the day summer time begins for Britain and Ireland so back to the normal 5 hour time difference.

Road to Invasion Attack 2015 in Act City Hamamatsu (March 29th) 2:00 AM EDT/07:00 BST

Card
  • Tiger Mask IV & Sho Tanaka vs. The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson)
  • Captain New Japan & Mascara Dorada vs. Bullet Club (Kenny Omega & Cody Hall)
  • TenCozy (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) & Yohei Komatsu vs. Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & Ryusuke Taguchi
  • Hirooki Goto, Katsuyori Shibata & Tomoaki Honma vs. Bullet Club ("Machine Gun" Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Tama Tonga)
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe, Tetsuya Naito & Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) vs. CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura, Toru Yano, Tomohiro Ishii, Rocky Romero & Beretta)
  • CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, YOSHI-HASHI & Gedo) vs. Bullet Club (AJ Styles, Bad Luck Fale & Yujiro Takahashi)
How to watch: Live & on demand on NJPW World (¥999/month)

Hey this is on in 3 hours. It's just a house show but it's our first chance to see RPG Vice and it's cool that AJ Styles is showing up for more than just the big tour ending show

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Does anyone remember the show where Rocky kept rolling back and forth away from reDRagon to avoid the top rope splashes? I want to show my GF but I am having a hard time finding it.

E: I am a dum dum and thought it was longer ago.

http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00249_1_3

Malcolm Excellent fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 29, 2015

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

aaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhh

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
im glad we are on the road to invasion attack. beep beep

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
jesus cody hall is tall compared to everyone else

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

what teh gently caress

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

AWESOME

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

acai moonsault posted:

what teh gently caress

for real. holy poo poo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Captain New Japan for the 2016 Ishii/Honma push.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

yea ok posted:

aaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhh

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

http://a.pomf.se/wwmfer.mp4

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
i love the feel and time of this show, actually started at a time when im reasonably drunk and not blackout drunk

i like the amount of air that tonga gets on that elbow drop he does

honma owns and bullet club are great heels

Yuriy fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Mar 29, 2015

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
rocky rapping his own entrance themes is always gonna be really good to me

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

NickRoweFillea posted:

rocky rapping his own entrance themes is always gonna be really good to me

rocky is my favorite littler dude in njpw and i miss the forever hooligans theme + the first bullet club theme with the like shrill sounding stuff

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
alex shelley: american t-hawk

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

whoa trent got the pin cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Yuriy posted:

honma owns and bullet club are great heels

didnt realize there was a show tonight but yeah

• Locked thread