Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I haven't exploited anything and I know a lot of others who haven't either. I haven't spent an extra dime on the game either, legally or illegally (buying coins). Like I said, I don't really care and I'm not raging angry or anything, but lots of people HAVE spent extra money on this game through packs, and to change the dynamic of the economy where you can't even get close to the players you used to be able to is pretty harsh 6 months into the game. Plus as I said, I doubt they will learn much from doing this in a busted and broken rear end economy as opposed to a fresh one in FIFA 16.

I bought coins because it came the only way I could get any of the good players without spending lots of time trading which I dont have time or inclination to. I was driven to buying coins by the fact that every team I face was full of all the top players in the game

This will stop every team being the same superstars which I like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

The Big Taff Man posted:

This will stop every team being the same superstars which I like

I'd love to earn my way by playing (I do play a decent amount), but ~400 coins a match is pathetic as are the bonuses for finishing seasons. And as long as the web app exists, "day trading" will exist where people use bots to gain ridiculous amounts of coins and have super teams. I can actually make more coins now that these bands exist than I have been able to before, but I have to do it on console, which is a bit unfortunate (timely). If the price bands go down in the next FIFA, people will be able to buy every single player ever and have coins left over to do nothing with (but sell them). The web app probably needs to go, to avoid the bots, honestly. As much as I hate to say that, because I loved trading/profiting.

On a side note, I really want that MOTM De Bruyne. Currently have SIF and he is glorious. I might try to upgrade if I have enough coins.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
If the only way to get coins is by playing or buying packs with money then prices will fall by a tremendous amount, and contracts will sell for like 700 etc

drbesty
Sep 11, 2001
broke 3 of my fingers playing computer golf
I'd be fine with price bands in Fifa16, it means players will be more attainable, but they shouldn't have dropped them in the middle of Fifa 15. No one has any coins to buy anyone, players aren't selling. My squad is worth about 30 million, yet I only have around 15k in coins, and I can't sell anyone, not even for the minimum price

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

The Big Taff Man posted:

When big players become attainable from winning matches rather than having to spend hours doing something unrelated to playing football (spending days trading) then the game will be great.

Also Tzen are we still on for tonight?
Yeah, does 3pm (PST), 10pm (UK) work for you?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
The idea that EA can be trusted to price players properly next year is really stupid. Especially the idea that they will adjust prices in a timely manner if they are wrong. EA is lazy as gently caress and incompetent and should just fix the coin glitch and not launch the web app.

http://www.futhead.com/15/players/43202/kieran-gibbs/compare/14-42089/
Gibbs 200-400k Aurier 30-45k

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Tzen posted:

Yeah, does 3pm (PST), 10pm (UK) work for you?

Yeah should be fine

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Hopefully Taff kicks this MLS likers rear end, I'll be tuned into the stream for sure. gently caress his rear end up taff.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

https://medium.com/@jeremyhillman/microsoft-x-box-and-a-family-problem-8da1b57c7a74

quote:

With horror I started scrolling through pages of charges — $109, $109, $109 — sometimes two a day. More than $4,500 of charges for virtual FIFA players going back several months. I shouted for my wife, my son was inconsolable.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
lol

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Wow Soulex is that your dad?

Also there isnt such thing as a $100 player pack, ugh this story grinds my gears

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I do actually really like the untradeable really valuable packs you win at the end of a lot of the tourneys, I think those are cool

Scratches the gambling itch without me feeling like I'm wasting tons of coins actually buying a pack

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

If packs actually gave you decent players sometimes (not asking for Ronaldo or Messi of course), buying packs would be more interesting. This year I've only got so far Tevez nearly at game's launch (helped me build a decent Serie A squad) and Weidenfeller. The rest have been really underwhelming or Cardozos. Untradeable packs being actually nice giving you cool untradeable players, might push you build a different squad just because you have 3-4 good ones to start with.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

loving lol, added to the OP.

African AIDS cum posted:

Hopefully Taff kicks this MLS likers rear end, I'll be tuned into the stream for sure. gently caress his rear end up taff.
Hahah AAC you're a riot

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

The Big Taff Man posted:

Wow Soulex is that your dad?

Also there isnt such thing as a $100 player pack, ugh this story grinds my gears

You can buy those little green points for cash, maybe they meant that?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'm going to make some ~wild speculation~ and say that the price bands will disappear, maybe in FIFA16, maybe in FIFA17, but they're gonna go. I base this on my opinion that EA will lose profits as people buy less packs. Before when you got your Messi, it was worth 15M, now when you get your Messi it's worth 5M. That's fine if EVERY player went to one-third value, but they haven't. So the value of pulling a top shelf player has greatly diminished, which means the value of the packs has diminished. They were poo poo value before with all the bad pulls, and now you're good pulls aren't even as good. Add in a few other issues (oh you pulled IF Gibbs? too bad that's worth discard price only because you can't sell it for the 200k we set it at).

Don't expect anyone to care. Just putting down my thoughts so I can see if I was right or wrong later. Maybe they'll come up with another solution that keeps the bands (i.e. different pack weightings) but I don't see it.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
This guy is a director at the World Bank and $4,500 is making him tighten his belt? Get hosed

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Mills posted:

I'm going to make some ~wild speculation~ and say that the price bands will disappear, maybe in FIFA16, maybe in FIFA17, but they're gonna go. I base this on my opinion that EA will lose profits as people buy less packs. Before when you got your Messi, it was worth 15M, now when you get your Messi it's worth 5M. That's fine if EVERY player went to one-third value, but they haven't. So the value of pulling a top shelf player has greatly diminished, which means the value of the packs has diminished. They were poo poo value before with all the bad pulls, and now you're good pulls aren't even as good. Add in a few other issues (oh you pulled IF Gibbs? too bad that's worth discard price only because you can't sell it for the 200k we set it at).

Don't expect anyone to care. Just putting down my thoughts so I can see if I was right or wrong later. Maybe they'll come up with another solution that keeps the bands (i.e. different pack weightings) but I don't see it.

I dont agree with any of this

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Well you should probably agree with the objective facts but the rest of it is my prediction so that's OK. :3:

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Mills posted:

I've said this in my past couple posts, but you really need to remember that they aren't going to be able to learn anything from this years price banding and it will be entirely different next year when they roll it out in a fresh economy that everyone starts with nothing in. There are literally millions of cards on the market that people don't want to take forced losses on. I think the price banding could be OK in future FIFA's. No idea why they rolled it out 6 months into release on this version. They won't learn much, especially with web app down, an economy that was out of control, and the game closer to it's "dying" stages than new release stage.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'm not talking about forced losses. I'm talking about value of one card compared to another. Packing a Messi in 16 will still buy you less than it did in 15. That makes packs worth less which should decrease demand for packs and thus decrease EA's bottom line. And since their profit is the only reason they do anything I expect their current position to change.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I think your overestimate the intelligence of the general FUT population and the allure of in-form cards. Every time messi gets that new inform, the price band will be higher, and people will want to pop packs for the chance to get those however many coins to fund their whole team. And then in three weeks, he gets another one! And then he gets a TOTY!! All continuing to escalate in coins and how attractive the packs become for that certain week.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'm aware that the player base is mostly 15-25 year olds and that what you said will be a factor but I still think there will be a noticeable impact to EA as these people slowly realise (by hitting themselves in the head with the hammer as many times as required) that it's a poo poo proposition (now made much worse) when you buy packs. EA will never release that information so there's no way for me to prove it there, but I speculate it will be big enough to force a re-think.

All of this is neither here nor there. EA don't care what I think, they don't care if Taff agrees with me or not, they just want to make money. It's just of interest to me, given who I am, to think about these market dynamics.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Messi used to be like 400,000 coins before coin traders and bots. Lol Mills.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I don't think AAC would be interested in my crash-course in inflation so I will conveniently depart this conversation now. :angel:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

African AIDS cum posted:

Messi used to be like 400,000 coins before coin traders and bots. Lol Mills.

Yeah I remember getting Ronaldo in a pack about 2 versions ago and it being selling for not so much.

If say a Messi is 400k then I can get to that playing games. At 8 million no chance.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Mills posted:

I don't think AAC would be interested in my crash-course in inflation so I will conveniently depart this conversation now. :angel:

Australia doesn't exactly set the finance world alight but we indulge your foibles

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I like how Mills thinks this needs to be some kind of vibrant proper economy rather than this being a video game.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Taff let's play friendly seasons again but this time you're gonna throw the last 4 games so I can get my Ps trophy

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
A vibrant proper economy filled with 12 year olds using dads credit card is my kind of economy....$109 $109 $109 $109

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I remember in like FIFA 10 being excited because I saved 100k up to buy Ibrahimovic, the pride of Switzerland

That was the year where I had Pato and Drogba up front for whatever reason and Drogba was just absolutely insane on corner kicks, I would just make a set piece that would get him in the middle and he would just shove 3 dudes over and power head it in. What a beast that guy was around that time.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Mills posted:

Taff let's play friendly seasons again but this time you're gonna throw the last 4 games so I can get my Ps trophy

I think you can start the match and insta quit and you'd get the win. If I was willing to do that

Thom P. Tiers posted:

A vibrant proper economy filled with 12 year olds using dads credit card is my kind of economy....$109 $109 $109 $109

In the new model all that does is flood the market with players

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I think its clear that people like Mills ruined fifa and its good they are getting punished

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
I'm going to be watching the stream closely, I need to scout out my opponent for the final

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
It's definitely the bots/web app that "ruined" FUT.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Thom P. Tiers posted:

It's definitely the bots/web app that "ruined" FUT.

Yeah, I would honestly be fine with people doing trading or whatever if everyone had to do it on the console and there was no botting possible.

It's sometimes pretty tedious to actually do on the console so if people wanna put in the effort then god bless

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Mills it's super weird you keep bringing up economics. It has nothing to do with economics. Prices rose because coin farmers /bots were generating an insane amount of coins which drove up prices.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Uhhhh

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

I'm with you on this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I am talking your dozens of posts making predictions and you talking about financial markets. You keep claiming the Fifa team has no idea what they are doing. It's pretty drat spergy man

• Locked thread