Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Well it's my birthday today, and I am thinking of being irresponsible with my money. Should I buy fortune cards? will there be a sale for big 10? :ohdear:

Buy me some fortune cards as a late birthday present instead, you tazmanian cocksucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Well it's my birthday today, and I am thinking of being irresponsible with my money. Should I buy fortune cards? will there be a sale for big 10? :ohdear:

Get a bunch of the st. patricks cards and put rainbows on all your characters

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

nickhimself posted:

Just about everyone? You might wanna go double check that. Melee widow and Cyclops are the only two out of a handful of top TTK video submissions that I checked who use the Shades. Everyone else is using their own uniques, a boss drop, or for a few unfortunate stragglers... a cosmic slot 5.

Unfortunately DP is correct on this one. Brutal Shades work out better than any of the any heroes for most people if you have pretty decent crit/brut. Recent hero specific uniques that break the "item budget" are much closer.

A quick comparison based on my Magneto, who is fairly well geared although not absolute BiS (all 69's, 7500 omega, gok/esp/tm/zigg).

Discounting +skills:

Age of Apocalypse Helm: ~1260 DR equivalent
Helm of Xorn: ~1620 DR equivalent
Brutal Shades: ~2135 DR equivalent

Xorn and Shades both have +2 all so that's a wash. AoA helm has +4 to two different trees which is obviously a significant consideration.

That's purely for DPS, brutal shades obviously suck if you value any of the other stats on a slot 5 like hp, defense, whatever. There's just so much BDR on them that they contribute a lot of damage multiplier if you have the stats to back it up. They're also much higher variance than something like Xorn.

Prel fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 18, 2015

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

I hope there's a bogo sale for it. I've got heroes to buy, dammit. I'm almost out of people to level.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Nice, Friday event sounds great. Def sounds worth logging on for

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I bolded the important part for you. Not everyone that does the TTK vids use the best gear / build / whatever, but you should know this.

I'm surprised you of all people are suggesting that spreadsheet data for this game is anything but a gamble as to how it will translate to in-game performance. Brutal Shades seem good on paper, but losing that DR, sp cost reduction, or whatever else ends up making much more of an impact than you'd think.

Like, for Luke specifically, if I use those over Claws my stats suggest a huge boost in damage... but in reality I can no longer sustain spirit due to having lost that 4.4sp per hit and extra cost reduction.

There are a lot of other heroes whose slot 5's outright take the cake for "bis" status right now.

Shades used to be the clear winner for DPS in that slot for a good number of the cast, but with the updates and such I find that being less and less true these days.

I don't know if the OP has something like this already, but a friend just started playing this game and I threw this image together to help familiarize him with the in-game jargon we use for hero items:

If there isn't currently something in the OP like that, it might help the other new guys who jump in and immediately ask "what's a legendary what is slot 3 what is an uru where do relics go"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Probably worth putting an "Enchant" and "Blessings" arrows at the Artes and Uru.

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Go on funny man, make me laugh!
Forgot the most important part, a label on the main picture of Punisher with "Big Poppa Pun", "Scourm", "My Husbando, Franklin", or "The Punish Man" if you want new players to become familiar with Marble lingo.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Prel posted:

Unfortunately DP is correct on this one.
it's always the worst when this is the case

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Speaking of Scourm, I'm quitting the SG to join him because he rated my Punishmans video a LOL.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

nickhimself posted:

I'm surprised you of all people are suggesting that spreadsheet data for this game is anything but a gamble as to how it will translate to in-game performance. Brutal Shades seem good on paper, but losing that DR, sp cost reduction, or whatever else ends up making much more of an impact than you'd think.

Like, for Luke specifically, if I use those over Claws my stats suggest a huge boost in damage... but in reality I can no longer sustain spirit due to having lost that 4.4sp per hit and extra cost reduction.

There are a lot of other heroes whose slot 5's outright take the cake for "bis" status right now.

There are a lot more considerations in what gear is bis in each slot than pure dps contribution, and I don't use shades on anyone despite having a really good pair. Just saying that all other factors the same, they are likely the highest damage item in that slot for many heroes.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

nickhimself posted:

I don't know if the OP has something like this already, but a friend just started playing this game and I threw this image together to help familiarize him with the in-game jargon we use for hero items:

If there isn't currently something in the OP like that, it might help the other new guys who jump in and immediately ask "what's a legendary what is slot 3 what is an uru where do relics go"

Yeah this is good, I threw it into the gear section of the OP

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Get a bunch of the st. patricks cards and put rainbows on all your characters

What else is in the st.patties card?

NotALizardman posted:

Buy me some fortune cards as a late birthday present instead, you tazmanian cocksucker

Why you gotta be mean man, It's my birthday and poo poo.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

They learned from Thanksgiving aka super ridiculous omega and prestige rates. Never forget :911:

learned that we can't give people the omega rate they need to actually hit the right benchmark

syrup
Jul 18, 2003

I HAVE TAMED THE BEAST

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

They learned from Thanksgiving aka super ridiculous omega and prestige rates. Never forget :911:

TheCosmicCupcake posted:

Hey all, we've talked it over and have decided to include the Omega Server Side increases and the Doubled Cosmic Boss loot, in part because doing some parts of the events and not others is confusing, and also in part because we love you.

They learned NOTHING. Hope you all have some extra days off you can take!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
holy poo poo

cosmic errybody

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

syrup posted:

gently caress I'm gonna need to whale on boosts again aren't I

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

syrup posted:

translation, we don't know how to turn on the omega event without also turning on the xp so there you go.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

syrup posted:

TheCosmicCupcake posted:

Hey all, we've talked it over and have decided to include the Omega Server Side increases and the Doubled Cosmic Boss loot, mainly because we don't know how to turn off just those parts.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

"Hey guys we're bringing back the event but won't have the escalating XP every day"

"wow gaz is so inept i bet they cant figure out how to get these events to work at the same time as eachother"

"Since people want the escalating XP we've changed our minds and are going to include it"

"wow gaz is so inept i bet they cant figure out how to turn off portions of events"

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
I'm poo poo at math but are we looking at 220% to omega xp plus double boss xp orbs?

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

I was going to save my xp boosts for leveling she hulk, but maybe I'll use them and finally get max omegas. Only 3500 left to go. :smithicide:

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Guys the real reason Gaz is doing this is because it's my birthday.

Cockfruit today!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Kelp Plankton posted:

"Hey guys we're bringing back the event but won't have the escalating XP every day"

"wow gaz is so inept i bet they cant figure out how to get these events to work at the same time as eachother"

"Since people want the escalating XP we've changed our minds and are going to include it"

"wow gaz is so inept i bet they cant figure out how to turn off portions of events"
The key to getting what you want is insulting their ability to deliver it.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

Leper Residue posted:

I was going to save my xp boosts for leveling she hulk, but maybe I'll use them and finally get max omegas. Only 3500 left to go. :smithicide:

4700 for me :suicide:

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Prel posted:

There are a lot more considerations in what gear is bis in each slot than pure dps contribution, and I don't use shades on anyone despite having a really good pair. Just saying that all other factors the same, they are likely the highest damage item in that slot for many heroes.

Oh, yeah, clearly if you're able to equip it without losing necessary skill ranks or crit rating then yeah obviously the 8k+ BDR is easily the largest gain in DPS most heroes could see from this slot. It's basically a Nullifier + Brutal Rating and 3 skill ranks for the slot.

It's just hard to use it right now for most heroes because doing so either kills your skill ranks for necessary spenders, or you lose out on other necessary benefits from your other slot 5 choice. I'd love to use them over Claws, and once I solve sustainability issues on Luke without requiring that 4.4sp per hit, I'm definitely going to toss them back on and enjoy their damage increase.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh. My. God.

Cosmic every single person in the world today.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Despite the success of "Good Vibrations," Bobby Drake's second album was a commercial failure and Iceman soon dropped his stage name and started acting.

I will cosmic the ice man on Friday

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

1300/7500 Omeggles.

Do the 1 hour bars and the 2 hour potion things you get through the story stack? I'd rather not whale out on whatever other boosts if at all possible.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

cups and bars stack, but I think the triple ones don't?

so if you have two cups and a bar, you'll get 150%, additional cups just add duration, bars add bonus until the 200%, so if you have 5 bars and a cup you should get 250% bonus.

and stuff like winter boosts, iboosts and the like also stack on top of that. You can get crazy high xp bonus if you whale out enough.

Leper Residue fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Mar 18, 2015

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
TC still won't show splinter/omega drops from more than a screen away. RIP if that goes to live and people want to farm omegas fast

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Jusupov posted:

TC still won't show splinter/omega drops from more than a screen away. RIP if that goes to live and people want to farm omegas fast

if you're farming omegas you're probably just running cosmic bosses over and over again, and if you can't see the glowing blue orb that just leaped out of you during your victory lap then honestly you don't deserve it.

the splinter thing can eat a dick though.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
well considering how often the omega orb decides to be invisible

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Mr. Maggy posted:

well considering how often the omega orb decides to be invisible

seriously never had this happen to me. and I suffer from visual issues like crazy.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Leper Residue posted:

seriously never had this happen to me. and I suffer from visual issues like crazy.

it's like a 50/50 shot with me and I don't suffer from visual issues normally

Well

Aside from invisible omega orbs and the ocassional "gently caress you we're not drawing poo poo" for tells in raids

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Wow I picked next week as a vacation week back in January. I am taking a small trip but not until Thursday. Time to burn out and hate this game forever.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Kelp Plankton posted:

Yeah this is good, I threw it into the gear section of the OP

Can you crudely edit out "leg" using paint

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Ahundredbux posted:

Can you crudely edit out "leg" using paint

i'm not going to digitally amputate the punisher, please keep your fetishes out of my thread

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Wow what have you got against war vets, geez, this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

x-giving is back

• Locked thread