Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tusen Takk posted:

Australia's drug of choice is meth, bogans loving love meth. Otherwise yeah it's a good mix of british culture and North American culture and it's way chiller than the states.

Now I just want an Australian version of Breaking Bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Well they already made a spanish language version.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

etalian posted:

Well they already made a spanish language version.

It's really bad and not in a good way.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's really bad and not in a good way.

well at least Walt got a hotter wife.

A Australia setting breaking bad series would own though.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i find it hard to believe there is a developed nation on earth where you can't score some dank rear end hydroponically grown weed

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Frog Act posted:

i find it hard to believe there is a developed western nation on earth where you can't score some dank rear end hydroponically grown weed

Good luck getting some in Korea or Japan :smith:

Good to know the kiwis can grow another type of cash crop.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

dont south koreans often have hysterical 1930's style attitudes about pot

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

caberham posted:

Good luck getting some in Korea or Japan :smith:

Good to know the kiwis can grow another type of cash crop.

Don't worry, pot is completely legal in North Korea

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Improbable Lobster posted:

Don't worry, pot is completely legal in North Korea

Meth as well, want to move there?

Axeface
Feb 28, 2009

He Who Walks
Behind The Aisles

Frog Act posted:

remember when jackie chan's son god caught with weed and jackie chan wrote a weird letter of apology b/c he is a PRC boot licker

jackie chan is dope as gently caress but i just looked this up and yeah i guess the guy does like to lick a boot or two, doesn't he

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Frog Act posted:

i find it hard to believe there is a developed nation on earth where you can't score some dank rear end hydroponically grown weed

North Europe loving sucks in this regard, our picture-perfect welfare states fear the devil weed and reefer madness as if it was the 1950's. Unless you know a guy who grows you are getting some smuggled shitbrick stuff at best and pay through the nose for it.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Naxuz posted:

North Europe loving sucks in this regard, our picture-perfect welfare states fear the devil weed and reefer madness as if it was the 1950's. Unless you know a guy who grows you are getting some smuggled shitbrick stuff at best and pay through the nose for it.

By North Europe you mean Scandinavia right?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Axeface posted:

jackie chan is dope as gently caress but i just looked this up and yeah i guess the guy does like to lick a boot or two, doesn't he

his dad was a nationalist agent that fled to hong kong and now hes a ccp spokesperson :ironicat:

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Frog Act posted:

dont south koreans often have hysterical 1930's style attitudes about pot

South Koreans can be arrested when they return to korea if they are caught smoking weed outside of the country, even in places where its legal to smoke like denver.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Frog Act posted:

dont south koreans often have hysterical 1930's style attitudes about fans

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I feel I have to defend the weed of the non-poo poo Australian states. South Australia is a-ok when it's outdoor and not that terrible hydro poo poo.
Please resume posting pictures of street defecation.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Pead posted:

South Koreans can be arrested when they return to korea if they are caught smoking weed outside of the country, even in places where its legal to smoke like denver.

Yeah, there was a case the last year where a comedienne went to Las Vegas and lit up in her hotel room with her sister. When she returned home she was arrested and sentenced to six months in gaol with 2 years suspended. Her sister, who didn't have the good luck to be famous, got 2 years and 3 years suspended

You are, however, free to drink yourself into a coma every day with soju which is just water and 16%-45% ethanol and costs less than soft drink. A 375ml bottle is about US$1.

It's not all bad, though. They did recently stop government mandated annual AIDS testing of all foreigners working in the country. By the employer however, is another matter. In a lot of ways, Korea is still at the "blacks foreigners please sit at the back of the bus" stage.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

*Scene 1*
Oh you have cancer, well we will cover your entire lifes treatment for a few thousand dollars.

*Breaking Bad Title Card*

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

S

spankmeister posted:

By North Europe you mean Scandinavia right?

Scandinavia and Finland.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

kingcom posted:

*Scene 1*
Oh you have cancer, well we will cover your entire lifes treatment for a few thousand dollars.

*Breaking Bad Title Card*

... Obamacare has destroyed the entire premise of Breaking Bad.

Thanks Obama!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
i don't have any jpgs but i have never seen so much smog in my life

there's a mountain outside of my hotel window that would be crystal clear anywhere in the us but is hazy and bad right now

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

China goons, is there some western habit that Chinese people are as outraged about as we are about street making GBS threads& casual wildlife molestation? Stuff like Putin giving his jacket to some freezing head honchos wife and people taking it as a huge insult.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Modest Mao posted:

All the weed in Taiwan is really weak / bad, confirm/deny
Weed specifically? Confirm. The hash varies dramatically in quality though. Either way Taiwan ain't got poo poo on NZ.

waitwhatno posted:

China goons, is there some western habit that Chinese people are as outraged about as we are about street making GBS threads& casual wildlife molestation?
loving Chinese women.

sub supau fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Mar 19, 2015

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

They really hate our big dicks.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

waitwhatno posted:

China goons, is there some western habit that Chinese people are as outraged about as we are about street making GBS threads& casual wildlife molestation? Stuff like Putin giving his jacket to some freezing head honchos wife and people taking it as a huge insult.

the existance on non Han human beings they're still mildly salty about that

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

the existance on non Han human beings they're still mildly salty about that

lmao

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

waitwhatno posted:

Emperor says no meddling!

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

just made this, might be taiwan based searches

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
The birth thing literally says "why don't foreigners have to rest a month in confinement after having a baby" cause that's what people do in east asia. Also heavily restricted diet, no bathing and some other weird stuff. So it's like, "why don't foreigners have to do that too since if I don't do that I'll get really sick?"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Um why wouldn't you take a shower in the morning.

Captain Postal
Sep 16, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

Bathing isn't masculine.

Didn't one of the Japanese prime ministers (who can keep track of them?) create a media sensation a few years ago when it was revealed that he bathed almost daily? Very effeminate.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
everyone here bathes every day (tropical island weather demands it) but yeah it's a before bed thing which is super annoying cause wet hair means wet pillows in a humid jungle where evaporation does not occur

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Captain Postal posted:

Bathing isn't masculine.
lol at the idea of any Taiwanese man calling someone out for not being masculine enough.

Modest Mao posted:

everyone here bathes every day (tropical island weather demands it) but yeah it's a before bed thing which is super annoying cause wet hair means wet pillows in a humid jungle where evaporation does not occur
tbf in Taiwanese summer you have to shower morning and night just to get all the loving sweat and scum off (unless you've got the ac on all night)

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
為什麼外國人有卷发 :(

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

TetsuoTW posted:

lol at the idea of any Taiwanese man calling someone out for not being masculine enough.

Why? Is that a starter for a wild kungfu fight?

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Taiwanese men are the girliest asians, I guess

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

JaucheCharly posted:

Why? Is that a starter for a wild kungfu fight?
Nah, that'd mess up their makeup.

Honestly though that's mostly just the northerners.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

That's a great sandwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Groovelord Neato posted:

If your climate is hot and sticky taking a shower at night is more conducive to a cleaner and better sleep.

• Locked thread