Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

Is it actually going to be a player vote? Like an official forums poll?

Because that will be a huge drama bomb, whatever two win.

According to Doomsaw today, he believes it will be a community vote.

Edit: You'll never want to do Man Ape again and Hyde again:

Re: cosmic midtown and ICP:

quote:

Cosmic Medallions, Boss-specific artifacts and Boss-specific uniques all have double the change of dropping. Uniques with Challenge Bonus, Costume cores with 3 or more bonuses and Reliquaries of Rarity have a much higher chance of dropping.

ICR fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Mar 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Kelp Plankton posted:

Is it actually going to be a player vote? Like an official forums poll?

Because that will be a huge drama bomb, whatever two win.

Well, they had a vote of 4 last year as well between Rogue, Mr. Fantastic, Blade and War Machine.

Really curious who it will be since they are removing a lot of heroes I would have thought would be in there. (Magik and Spider-Woman specifically)

Kainser fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Mar 22, 2015

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Rerolled my SWGN for no reason, won the lottery.

Made a thread about it on the forums - https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/183076/wts-perfect-damage-swgn-620-physical-damage-429-physical-crit-257-defense

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I hope there is a Michael Douglas enhanced costume for Aunt Man

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Eiffel On You posted:

Edit: let's keep it going. Havok eliminated. Jubilee eliminated. Songbird also eliminated. Hercules and Adam Warlock eliminated.
Woah - Hercules was on the table? Now I'm disappointed.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

oh no

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

lol

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

Woah - Hercules was on the table? Now I'm disappointed.

No poo poo. The Lion of Olympus would make an amazing addition to roster and this travesty should not stand.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:henget:

Eiffel On You posted:

According to Doomsaw today, he believes it will be a community vote.

Edit: You'll never want to do Man Ape again and Hyde again:

Re: cosmic midtown and ICP:

just like they are supposed to drop from MM now.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

lets do a write-in vote for Agent Venom

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Eiffel On You posted:

Mystique also eliminated from the "Vote of 4" for 12th spot in AP2.

Honestly, I have no idea who the 4 we will vote on will be.

Edit: let's keep it going. Havok eliminated. Jubilee eliminated. Songbird also eliminated. Hercules and Adam Warlock eliminated.

The Gladiator will have his day. Purpleman forever.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

reveal kaine reveal kaine reveal kaine reveal kaine reveal kaine

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Kelp Plankton posted:

And Sabretooth

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Way to make ICR proud!

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

NotALizardman posted:

reveal kaine reveal kaine reveal kaine reveal kaine reveal kaine

Kaine has to have a level one power that's always taken that summons Aracely expressly to constantly talk:

edit: Actually Rockslide should also be playable, because he is awesome.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

nice to have someone else w/ a cosmic hawkman in the SG :)

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

nice to have someone else w/ a cosmic hawkman in the SG :)

thanks buddy :)

Shakenbaker posted:

Kaine has to have a level one power that's always taken that summons Aracely expressly to constantly talk:

this is non-negotiable. playable kaine, aracely summon. make it happen gazman

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

NotALizardman posted:

this is non-negotiable. playable kaine, aracely summon. make it happen gazman

Maybe that's the mystery character Tara Strong voiced!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Life is finally complete. I can quit the game now. Congrats and Godspeed.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

you idiot

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Audio, with the hours you have put in on Moon King, you could have yellowmanned him 10 times over.

If you yellow him on Monday with the umpteen bazillion Midtown boxes dropping, you can knock it out in under 8-9 hours just boosting 3 winter boosts, 9 xp bars, 4 xp pots, and 3 omega boosts if you have those. That would put you at 650% XP boost.

This is your golden opportunity to take your talents to the major leagues. You prestiged him 5 times already.

Time for you to go pro.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
if you give me those things i will cosmic moon knight

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Afraid of Audio posted:

You should be careful what you wish for.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Afraid of Audio posted:

poo poo I'd cosmic the character of his choice. I mean, he's the John.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Is there a level of auto-loot vaporize that burns Urus? I swear I haven't seen one drop in forever, and I'm actually running low on some types of useful ones.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

No, it can't burn anything that's not slots 1-5.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Weird. Just the RNG loving with me then.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Are the forums telling Gaz to make Mrs Hulk's signature more visually impressive? Because it's really lackluster right now.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Bartroc finally gives me a pair of boots :toot: Only had to blow through half my stockpile of credit chests to get 2/2/2 :negative:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:siren: SUPER 88 IS COMPLETE!! ANNOUNCING THE VICTOR :siren:

Skrybbles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpOar_wP3zM 3:53
MrPeabody: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4_BxuWcUBY 3:12

An amazing matchup, but MrPeabody is the victor! A huge congrats to Peabody on victory! Words can't describe the fun of this event. We'll run it again for anniversary <3

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Nice stuff Peabody, and Skrybbles too, really impressive

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!
rest in peace chaos magic

It was a fun event, definitely didn't think I would ever want to play SW again after playing her on release until I got tired of running limbo.

But now I'd say she is my favorite character, even with the boss killing problems. Not gonna stop me from unbinding all this sweet equip until her review though!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It was closer than I thought it'd be. Congrats guys.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Moon King is probably gonna be my next cosmic after Frank.

I don't want to find a cosmic slot 5 =/

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Go on funny man, make me laugh!
The contest has been far and away the most fun thing in the game, so big thanks to everybody that ran it and ICR for thinking to start it. As Prel mentioned last week, 3 of the top 4 ended up loving their characters (hell, I didn't even have Moon Knight before this) and I'm sure a lot of contestants will vouch for this when I say it's been fantastic to actually have a challenge and try to find new ways to think about characters.

So, yeah, ICR? That dude's normal. :unsmith:

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Also, he is official Moon King. He has been crowned.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Jesus Christ. Well done, both of you.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Praise Khonshu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Absolutely amazing fun and again, words can't describe the joy I had watching the videos and running this. I have so many people to thank:

All contestants. You guys rock. You're my online family here, and I'm grateful for you all. I'd have quit this game a long time ago if it weren't for you. You goons aren't like the rest. That's the truth no matter how you slice it.

grancheater, thank you for your 'big board'. You are awesome at what you do.

Kordusain, thanks for helping with setting up google docs. I really appreciate it!

Ansob, thanks as always for willing to help me when I need it. I knew ya before this game and I'm glad we're friends.

Rugio and soothingvapors for offering to be judges before it even started. Although I didn't utilize you guys, <3 of course!

blarvin, peabody, gibby and many others for donating gifts to give out as conditional wins! I gave away all but 2 things! Know they're going to good homes.

Our guild leaders for letting me continue to run events, I'm thankful for your support.

Anybody who did a video, thank you too! Hours of entertainment right there!

Anybody I am missing, as mentioned above, thank you thank you THANK YOU. This stuff is meaningless without you all so I am just glad we did something fun. We had 88 people and I didn't even have to find 10 subs total. That's insane and not what I expected.

Super 96 will be in June it looks like. I'll save the $$$ and be ready to pay out again! Let's make it count and good luck to everybody now that this is all done. See ya in game!

edit: Forgot to thank our donors who gave actual money too. You all made this thing really possible and successful. Ya know who you are! THANKS A TON!

ICR fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Mar 22, 2015

• Locked thread