Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Had a bit of a scheduling problem last week, session postponed to 7 March, 19:00 UTC, xp still at 5750.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

My other avatar is a pocke-thingy.
Might be able to make it this week. Fingers crossed.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
I will, sadly, not be able to attend this weekend. Good luck Shawshanking it up!

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I won't be able to play again. We're gonna be prisoners forever!

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Elukka posted:

I won't be able to play again. We're gonna be prisoners forever!
It seems so!

I'm going to have to postpone the session a week, to the 14th, I've got a severe cold and it ruined my ability speak normally.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Alright, I've mostly regained my voice so 14 March, 19:00 UTC it'll be! DST is happening around now, check your time zones!

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
I should be able to attend. I'll even bring my own spoon.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I'm good for today.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Hmm, thought I had posted here but apparently I didn't, next session tomorrow 21 March, 19:00 UTC. DST still hasn't happened everywhere yet, be sure to keep track of your time zones!

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I will be unable to attend, sadly, as I have tabletop RPG-ing scheduled for that evening.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I like how the only time Arkem has had the opportunity to have a frank discussion about how the universe works and his doubts about the Imperium is with a Necron. That we invited to a party. Yeah.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Elukka posted:

I like how the only time Arkem has had the opportunity to have a frank discussion about how the universe works and his doubts about the Imperium is with a Necron. That we invited to a party. Yeah.

Cue Stern: "You did WHAT?"

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010

Scribbleykins posted:

Cue Stern: "You did WHAT?"

They call him Daren "Reckless Dinner Party" Andser for a reason.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
And he rolled a 1 on a charm test for it. Then the party entered a shack with no electricity and the party spent 5 minutes real time trying to work out how to obtain a light source before they realized Daren was a pyromancer who could manifest fire at will, then rejected that plan in favour of 5 more minutes of brainstorming before settling on fighting an active murder servitor for it's power source.

Between that and beating up the aforementioned murder servitors the AdMech left behind as area denial, the party did find evidence of an Admech bigwig being the heretek responsible for tricking the space marines into fielding a necron mind control artifact and is now at 6000 total xp.

Next session is planned for the 28 March, 19:00 UTC, this is the last week of DST nonsense, after that the world should be on the same schedule everywhere again.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Hey I mainly wanted to power the place up to see what the techpriests had found out about the large metal skeleton. The lights were just gravy.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Well, it could have gone worse and you did find important evidence (that we can bring along, right?), so all's well that ends well. Assuming the entire thing has no unfortunate unintended consequences. :v:

Now Stern has (of course he has) '3 glow-globes' on his equipment list so while I realize you wanted to power up the place as well the mental image I have is of Arkem going "Dangit, gonna need lights. All right, let's double back to Stern and pick u-" and Daren cutting him off with "That murder servitor said 'Access denied'! Them's fighting words!" *chainsaw whirring & frantic gunfire noises* "... or I suppose I could just take this battery instead."

I should be able to attend this week unless something comes up.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
The party successfully made it out of secessionist territory and back to imperial lines, increasing their Influence by 2, now up to +12 from their starting value. The Inquisition's work is never done however and the hereteks responsible for the awakening of the Necron tomb still need to be apprehended. Next session is planned tomorrow, 4 April, 19:00 UTC.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Will be unable to attend session this week, assuming there is one.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
For tomorrow's session (11 April, 19:00 UTC), the party will continue chasing the rogue Fabricator. Depending on how fast we move, this is probably the last or the second last session of the current arc/mission.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
The next session will most likely have the big showdown with the Fabricator so I would like everybody to be present. To that end, can everybody post in which of the coming few weeks they are available at the regular times(saturdays 19:00 UTC)

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I can only say with certainty that I'll be available this week. The future is murky beyond that.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I'm good for tomorrow, probably good for the next few weeks. Don't have any plans that should interfere but I'll be sure to post if anything pops up.

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
Tomorrow is gonna be rough, although I can make it if you guys are willing to wait half an hour/hour or so.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Yeah that's ok, we'll start a bit later tonight then, 19:30 UTC or so.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
The heretek Grauxis has been vanquished! Thanks to this feat, the party has acquired another 1000xp and their influence has risen by 3, bringing the totals for those values up to 7000(1000 from chargen and 6000 from gameplay) and +15(on top of what would normally come out of chargen). For new players wanting to join in, additional acolytes assigned to the cell will be similarly experienced. Likewise, they'll be better equipped than green recruits and get two extra starting acquisitions.

The next session is planned for saturday 25 April, 19:00 UTC.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Unfortunately I'm most likely not able to show up tomorrow.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I've just confirmed that I won't be able to attend either.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Last week's session didn't happen because of scheduling conflicts which is why we're moving onto this saturday, 2 May, 19:00 UTC. Since no play happened, xp is still at 1000(chargen)+6000(gameplay) and influence at +15(gameplay) on top of whatever comes out of the chargen rolls. New players also get two extra starting acquisitions to match the party's shopping during the adventure.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I'll try to have my app done before Saturday. Shrine world guard heirophant most likely.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Werix posted:

I'll try to have my app done before Saturday. Shrine world guard heirophant most likely.

Welcome Werix! Looking forward to see your character's reaction to our group play with you!

In other news, I should be good for this week.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Scribbleykins posted:

Welcome Werix! Looking forward to see your character's reaction to our group play with you!

In other news, I should be good for this week.

Got half finished with my app last night. Started to get frustrated when it became clear my plan to make my character a pistol/sword build wasn't going to work and that I was going to have to drop a lot of exp to get my int to 35 for cover up, which is a preq for the talent that lets you use fellowship instead of influence on requisition tests.

Hopefully some beer tonight will help the process along.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Lt. Grayson Macavoy

That Grayson would become a minor officer in the Imperial Guard was never a question. The world he hails from is technically a shrine world, but before that was a fortress world to rival Cadia. There was a high incidence of Guardsmen and women from this world performing battlefield miracles and even attaining Sainthood. This led to the world becoming a shrine world dedicated to these Imperial Saints. Though even as a shrine world, the world still tithed a great number of men and women to the guard. Grayson, the son of a humble shrine caretaker, was no exception.

Once on the battlefield, Grayson proved to be a natural leader. He could be both charming and coercive on the battlefield, and quickly rose up the ranks through NCO to Lieutenant leading his own squad. However Grayson's tactical expertise never rose above "make a roaring speech, pray to the Emperor and lead a fixed bayonet charge". This tactical inflexibility made sure that he was never promoted above his rank. Eventually in combat against the greenskins a stikk grenade detonated nearby. He suffered severe cranial injury as well as his vocal cords being severed. The Guard at least treated him right and patched up his head and gave him a mechanical squawk box, but then used it as an opportunity to give him a medical discharge.

Sent back home, Grayson floated around from job to job until settling as a security guard at one of the Major Shrines. It was while working a late night shift that Grayson got the attention of the Inquisition. An Inquisitor was trailing a radical colleague, and engaged them at the monument. Grayson, immediately recognizing the ]I[ of the Inquisition, rushed to the aid of the Inquisitor. Impressed with Grayson, the Guardsman was recruited on the spot.

code:
Name Lt. Grayson Macavoy      
Homeworld: Shrine world   
Background: Imperial Guard 
Role: Hierophant       
Divination: [i]Suffering is an unrelenting instructor[/i] 

Wounds 13/13+2 (sound constitution)    
Fate: 4       
Fatigue 0   
Insanity  0 
Corruption 0

Armour 
Head 5   
Larm  4
Rarm  4 
Body   4
Lleg   4
Rleg   4

WS: 50=30+5+5+5+5  
BS: 28=28  
S: 34=29+5  
T: 42=30-3+5+5+5   
Ag: 45=30+5+5+5  
Int: 25=25 
Per: 30=30 
WP: 46=31+5+5+5  
Fel: 45=36+5+5+5-6(face wound) 
Ifl: 81=31+46+4(peerx4) 

Aptitudes: Willpower, leadership, fellowship, offense, social, toughness, weapon skill 

Bonuses:
Faith in the Creed
Hammer of the Emperor
Sway the masses

Skills:
Athletics
Command +20
charm +20
decieve
dodge
Parry +10
Common lore (Imperial Guard)
Operate (surface)
Navigate (surface)

Talents:
Weapon training (Las, Low tech, chain, flame, power)
hatred (eldar, orks, mutants, daemons)
Ambidextrous
Clues from the crowd 
Face in the crowd
takedown
Devastating assault
two weapon wielder melee
Halo of command
counter attack
Peer (Imperial guard, Eclicisarchy, inquisition, PDF)
Counter attack
double team
blademaster
Swift attack
Crushing blow
Killing strike
two weapon master
one on one
Combat master
resistance (fear)

Advances:
spent: 19400/20750

Charm known 100
Command trained 200
Charm trained 200
Command experienced 300
Charm experienced 300
WS simple 100
WS intermediate 250
WS trained 500
Fel simple 100
Fel advance 250
Fel Trained 500
WP simple 250
Ambidextrous 300
Clues from the crowd 200
Face in the crowd 300
parry known 200
parry trained 400
Weapon training (chain) 300
takedown 200
Devastating assault 300
Two weapon wielder melee 450
Halo of command 400
Hatred (orks) 300
Peer (imperial guard) 200
Peer (eclisiarchy) 200
WP advanced 500
Counter attack 450
double team 200
Hatred mutants (300)
blademaster 600
STR simple 250
Toughness simple 250
WS profecient 750
swift attack 450
crushing blow 400
Killing strike 300
Agi simple 500
agi intermediate 750
agi trained 1000
two weapon master 600
dodge known 300
weapon training (flame) 300
Peer (inquisition) 200
decieve 100
weapon training power 300
peer (PDF) 200
one on one (p61 EB) 450
WP trained 750
hatred (daemons) 300
Combat master 450
Resistance Fear 300
Toughness intermediate 500
Toughness trained 750
Sound constitution (1) 200
Sound constitution (2) 200

Gear:
Lasgun
combat vest
Imperial Guard flak armor
grapnel and line
12 lho sticks
magnoculars

2x chainsword w/sacred inscription and tox despenser
Re-breather
vocal implant
Cranial armor
2x power swords

Werix fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Oct 15, 2016

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Well, I think you can save your xp if you're trying for the Cover Up chain. I went the same route, but after the +15 influence boost, even my low-starting influence character has nearly the same influence as his upgraded fellowship. Also, opportunities to get stuff aren't all that common. We're more of a 'low-budget sweet loot' party than a 'having the luxury of time and money to spend on upgrading ourselves' party, and even if we were, we've had to infiltrate areas often enough that having all kinds of rare gear would raise eyebrows and make our missions interesting logistical challenges. *cough*powerarmor*cough*

To be honest, we've brought down most of our Big Bads with chainsword or basic solid projectile weapon combos, aided with a sparingly used bolt pistol (looted from... a chaos cultist, I think?). Stern still runs around with his starting shotgun as a go-to primary weapon. The last Big Bad, a necron tomb lord analogue, went down to a laspistol (which was running out of ammo). Praise the Emprah on how we make do sometimes.

Just go for what seems like it'd end up being fun. It's not always gonna work out the way you think, but hey, the important bit is being there and enjoying yourself, which is certainly what we've been doing. It hardly matters that Stern isn't super optimized and has a few talents I'll likely not get that much use for.

e: aaaand you beat me to it.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Im addition to Werix, tonight there will be another non-goon friend of me joining us, Prozest. He will be playing Tearrial Harmon, a former security officer for an Adeptus Mechanicus colonization and terraforming effort. Character sheet for completeness sake:
code:
Naam        Tearrial Harmon
Homeworld    Feral World(The Old Ways)
Background    Adeptus Mechanicus(Replace the Weak Flesh)
Role        Warrior(Expert at Violence)
Divination    A suspicious mind is a healthy mind

Wounds    14
Fate        3
Fatigue    0
Insanity    0
Corruption    0

Armour    Imperial Robes
Head    5    
Larm    5
Rarm    5
Body    5
Lleg    5
Rleg    5

WS    52
BS    26
S    43
T    52
Ag    27
Int    32
Per    38
WP    36
Fel    32
Ifl    39

Aptitudes
Ballistic Skill
Defence
Offence
Strength
Weapon Skill
Toughness
Tech

XP unspent    0
XP spent    7000
XP total    7000

1600 Proficient Weapon Skill
850  Trained Toughness
350  Intermediate Strenght
100  Known Parry
400  Crushing Blow
200  Frenzy
300  Battlerage
600  Preternatural Speed
300  Weapo Traino(Low-tech)
300  Weapo Traino(Power)
2000 Veteran Tech-Use

Skills
Common Lore(Adeptus Mechanicus)
Logic
Operate(Wheeled)
Security
Tech-use

Talents
Iron Jaw
Mechadentrite Use (Utility)
Weapon Training (Solid Projectile)

Trait
Mechanicus Implants

Characteristics

Gear
Autogun
Optical Mechadendrite
Imperial Robe
Vial of Sacred Ungent 2x
Poor Enforcer Light Carapace
Great Weapo
MIU Weapon Interface
Utility Mechadendrite
With two new people joining, I'll close recruitment for a moment, I'll see if combat won't start going too slow before taking on a 6th player and/or replacements.

Asehujiko fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 9, 2015

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Next session is currently planned for 9 May, 19:00 UTC. Thanks to some fantastic linguistic discoveries by Scribbly's character, everybody now gets the Linguistics(Salvation local language) skill at untrained level for free and trained the normal way with xp.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I may be busy that evening, but I can't say for sure yet.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Scribbleykins posted:

I may be busy that evening, but I can't say for sure yet.

Looks like I'll be able to attend! Might or might not be a few minutes late, though.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Next session is planned for 16 May, 19:00 UTC. Last time the party did some exploring and fought one of Salvation's closet skeletons, earning them 500xp, which ups the total to 7500.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Asehujiko posted:

Next session is planned for 16 May, 19:00 UTC. Last time the party did some exploring and fought one of Salvation's closet skeletons, earning them 500xp, which ups the total to 7500.

I forgot this last Saturday, but the Tribe is in their election season and has a meeting this Saturday morning. I can never predict how long these meetings go, so I might be late, or i might not be available at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
After a week's hiatus for memorial weekend, False Light is back in action, with the next session planned for 30 May, 19:00 UTC. XP and Influence numbers haven't changed since last time.

• Locked thread