Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oryx
Nov 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

I love that despite all the detail notes, he forgot the tail in the drawing on the right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

oryx posted:

I love that despite all the detail notes, he forgot the tail in the drawing on the right.

In a turnaround style ref sheet for characters with extra bits, you're usually supposed to just mark where things like wings/tail/etc go on the back view rather than drawing them in. Kind of hard to do that when your back view is 1) not actually a back view and 2) showing off an amorphous blob of black.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
So... er.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Woulda worked better with Ryback's "Feed! Me! More!" gimmick.

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder

Well, I had better go, they need me down in the test chamber.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Pistoph
Jul 4, 2014

Found some pretty bizarre (to the point of being kinda neat) sparkle dogs.

The gallery is full of more sparkle dogs, anthros and homestuck.

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.
I don't know how to explain other fetishes, but there is actually a pretty plausible physiological explanation for foot fetishes. The neuroscientist V. S. Ramachandran, while studying phantom limb disorder, found that the parts of the sensory cortex governing the feet and the genitals are adjacent, and in some people the wires essentially get crossed :science:

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Pistoph posted:

The gallery is full of more sparkle dogs, anthros and homestuck.

Is that loving thing lactating hot cheese?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is there a hand equivalent of the foot fetish? I don't think I've ever heard of someone being attracted to insanely detailed hands before.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Internet Kraken posted:

Is there a hand equivalent of the foot fetish? I don't think I've ever heard of someone being attracted to insanely detailed hands before.

No, that would almost make sense

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Pistoph posted:

it looks like a jrpg monster

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
I could post the weird hanging photoshop manipulations with poetry superimposed on them done by a woman of all people, but you guys probably don't want to see what may or may not be snuff. Instead, he's this weirdo christian conservative, pseudointellectual:

quote:

a play off mathematical theorems/postulates, i.e. Pythagorean Theorem

anoché (Greek):
tolerance

principium:
a fundamental principle

It is seemingly impossible to find a clear, concise, unambiguous definition to the word "tolerance" in its modern use. Paragraphs, pages, and even criteria and circumstance must be given to try and meet this task.
Unfortunately, though not surprisingly, this is due to the sheer perversion of the word and its use. Tolerance has always carried the connotation of forbearance or the enduring of one thing or another, with the implications of that thing being some amount of evil, harm, error, or inferiority. (Flaws can be tolerated. There are levels of tolerance mechanically where errors or variance is acceptable though it doesn't meet the exact specification. The human body shows tolerance to adverse conditions. Etc.)
This word would begin to be a applied to viewpoints, but in a culture of political correctness and relativism, surely one cannot express views as superior/inferior to another and the notion of calling one's views evil is an evil thing in itself. So tolerance has come to imply a permissiveness and even respect for other's views, and those who support this, view it quite obviously as a good thing.
The problem is that certain viewpoints inherently leave no place for the validity of another, and they are normally those that are fundamental to the core of an individual. We call this truth. Views we are certain of. Whatever is contrary to these certainties are considered lies.
The notion of giving consideration, validation and/or respect to a known lie would be considered an absurd request by most. But offence is the gravest of infractions, so personal, fundamental beliefs and truths, have been reduced to the significance of opinions, and this is the "principium" of tolerance. This is the foundation of legitimizing a "tolerant" worldview. Truth is relative and subjective. Really, no more than a strong assumption. In this world, why can't 2+2=5?

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
This might be my favorite piece so far in this thread, if only because of that beautifully indecisive neck/rim blending effect.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Internet Kraken posted:

I once slept with a woman who had a thing for hands and liked mine. I also had some drawing classes with another woman (who did not like my hands much, as it were) who was weirdly fixated on hands. It certainly exists. It apparently isn't as common as a foot fetish but it's out there, somewhere.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Everything is a fetish for someone.

Exhibit A:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
edit: aaaaaaaahhhhh durrrrrr wrong thread

reposted in the fanart thread

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 13:53 on Mar 30, 2015

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
Did the artist run out of necks?

Pistoph
Jul 4, 2014

Bismuth posted:

Is that loving thing lactating hot cheese?

The title is 'Felix', so I'm assuming that's gold. Also, that's a zipper, not a series of nipples. fwiw :shrug:

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Fanart seems somewhat tolerated here as long as its got some crazy to it, like crystal hands guy with his huge paragraphs of insane bullshit and obsession with long fingers and debilitating illness.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
I'm pretty sure we're all in this thread as refugees from the endless JoJo posts in the weird fanart thread.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

karl fungus posted:

I'm pretty sure we're all in this thread as refugees from the endless JoJo posts in the weird fanart thread.

I mostly stopped following the weird fanart thread because at one point it was just pretty much entirely JoJo and I don't care enough about "getting" fanart to start looking at actual original art and just got bored :shrug:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

http://quadeus.deviantart.com/art/And-she-standing-over-him-489249253

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's a shame this is not Bad Rats game fanart, but that's what this thread is for.
http://fullmoonmaster.deviantart.com/art/One-Bad-Rat-tf-commission-520060253

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

The MSJ posted:

It's a shame this is not Bad Rats game fanart, but that's what this thread is for.
http://fullmoonmaster.deviantart.com/art/One-Bad-Rat-tf-commission-520060253

Well, thats new. Is she going to go beg for treats and fall asleep in someone's sleeve?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bismuth posted:

Well, thats new. Is she going to go beg for treats and fall asleep in someone's sleeve?

You have a very romanticized idea of how real rats behave.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

The MSJ posted:

You have a very romanticized idea of how real rats behave.

The only rats I've come in contact with are my pets, so probably. I have no interest in the ways of the uncivilized rabble rats.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
gurl I just wanna roll u up and put u in my big bomb bag

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Newest > Digital art> Photomanipulation lets see what I get in the first 24 results...

Cool, a whole gallery of Justin Beiber's head swapped onto women's bodies

Another gallery with a very specific fetish

uhoh:nws:
I Hope this person's favourites put them on some kind of watchlist

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Bismuth posted:

That owns, actually.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Bismuth posted:

Jesus Christ that is :nms:.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bismuth posted:

I seriously did not notice anything weird at first glance.

Bismuth posted:

I wonder if this guy also makes all those Oblivion and Skyrim mods where swords are adorned with mutilated torsos?

Content:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

turbo teen is responsible for this

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

I get the objects the others are turning into, but what is she becoming here? A potato with a dog collar? Why does she look so calm about it?

Also just realized the tail is comnig out of the middle of her back in this one, like just below the shoulder blades. I'm pretty sure thats not how tails work. It almost looks like they placed it there so it wouldnt mess with the placement of the loincloth but that is a really silly artistic decision.

Bismuth has a new favorite as of 18:24 on Apr 1, 2015

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I, uh, I don't think that's what "morphological" means.

e: from the sliced women page:

quote:

Kind of a creepy gallery, but I'm not one to judge. This is still a cool render!
:thumbsup:

Sham bam bamina! has a new favorite as of 18:20 on Apr 1, 2015

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Bismuth posted:

I get the objects the others are turning into, but what is she becoming here? A potato with a dog collar? Why does she look so calm about it?

I think she's tucking herself away for easy storage. Or becoming an egg. With a spot. And a tuft of hair. Hair that wasn't present in the original form.

Alright, so she's undergoing some sort of transformation into an egg that messes up your hair and affects all your clothes except for neckwear. :ms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Modern art

How is the hippo eating fetish a thing multiple people can have? Why hippos? They don't even eat meat.

• Locked thread