Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
d0s
Jun 28, 2004

I don't like tomatoes and mayonnaise on burgers but they're ok on other stuff. I don't really "get" chicken and find it really bland in most dishes but I have no problem eating it. I once knew a guy whose parents fed him the exact same food items on a weekly schedule that never varied and he was really hosed up for it, he freaked out when we went to a dennys and he had to pick his own meal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I feel kinda sad for the people that aren't into tomatoes. I mean, they're a miracle food that in some form will go along with anything. It'd be like living a life where you didn't like bell peppers.

Dangit Ronpaul
May 12, 2009

pentyne posted:

no one ever becomes a picky eater who only eats fruits and veg.

these do exist (i was one as a kid), they're just not terribly interesting or visible b/c they are generally healthy and can eat a decent selection of normal adult food without bursting into tears

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

chippy posted:

everyone must unreservedly and enthusiastically enjoy every single food in the world or they are just giant retard spergy drooling man babies

I hate spring rolls

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

quote:

I've known 2 people in my life who eat like this. And both times it was a case of being huge goony man/woman children. One in particular was so bad I'd never seen her eat anything other than burgers (plain meat on bread, no veggies, cheese, ketchup, etc), chicken nuggets, pizza (plain cheese), fries, ice cream (vanilla), and plain potato chips. She's fat and chronically sick.

lol loving called it

It's always children's menu food. "ALL VEGETABLES ARE DISGUSTING and I LITERALLY VOMIT when one gets into my mouth but salsa and potatoes are mmm mmm good"

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

d0s posted:

I don't like tomatoes and mayonnaise on burgers but they're ok on other stuff. I don't really "get" chicken and find it really bland in most dishes but I have no problem eating it. I once knew a guy whose parents fed him the exact same food items on a weekly schedule that never varied and he was really hosed up for it, he freaked out when we went to a dennys and he had to pick his own meal

Thats depressing.

:smith:

Give kids new foods itt.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
My old roommate was super pasty and sickly all the time and literally only ate pasta or velveeta mac and cheese, like an entire 5 serving box to himself. It was pretty infuriating and he would never want to try anything cool I made. He lost his mind when he even looked at mayo. I found out from his friend that his mom literally never fed him anything other than pasta and plain grilled chicken until he was ~13.

My 14 year old cousin is worse though, whenever I would go to my Aunt's house for dinner, he would always refuse to eat whatever she made. It was always really simple American food like baked chicken or tacos or something and he would throw a complete temper tantrum unless they made him whatever he wanted, which was usually cereal, mac and cheese with ketchup or just straight up candy and chips. They absolutely treat him like he's still a baby and a 'miracle' and give in to absolutely anything he wants the second he got even remotely upset. He's pretty fat now and it's real sad.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

My niece gags, but never fully throws up, if she finds out that her parents slipped her anything that isn't 1) Chicknugs, 2) Plain Pasta, 3) :)-Fries.

The same thing is happening with my nephew.

They're parents started off trying to expose them to different foods, but as soon as they started showing preference towards those 3 high fat/ calorie lovely foods they just gave up and went with it.

I think they only slip new foods when we visit.

When we get those kids for the summer they're eating vegetables or they can starve, idgaf

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

FoolyCharged posted:

It'd be like living a life where you didn't like bell peppers.

Bell peppers taste alright but I won't eat them because every time I do I break out with a nasty 2 week long pimple and I just won't have it. It's a genetic thing I got from my dad.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Wasn't there some guy who made a list of 30 foods he didn't like and started to eat them everyday? After about three months he came around and developed cravings for all but two or three items on the list.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

amityville anus posted:

Bell peppers taste alright but I won't eat them because every time I do I break out with a nasty 2 week long pimple and I just won't have it. It's a genetic thing I got from my dad.

I wear gloves when preparing raw potatoes and carrots otherwise my hands break out in hives and itch like a motherfucker. I have no allergic reaction to eating them though, not sure why.

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
I don't eat food that have the any of letters f, h, o, s, v or y in their name.

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
I also can't stand pineapple on pizza.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

FoolyCharged posted:

I feel kinda sad for the people that aren't into tomatoes. I mean, they're a miracle food that in some form will go along with anything. It'd be like living a life where you didn't like bell peppers.

Cooked tomatoes and stuff like salsa and bruschetta own. Raw tomatoes are disgusting, mostly because of how tomatoes are handled from industrial farming

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

yoyodyne posted:

I also can't stand pineapple on pizza.

Loser

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I can only eat fried shrimp, twinkies, pepperoni pizza and drink whole milk. God loving help you if you do not succumb to my palette.

Oh, You'll know why.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I am a super taster. Veggies literally make my stomach combust like a chum balloon.

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007

I actually just had pizza with pineapple, jalapenos and tomatoes irl.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

psyopmonkey posted:

Thats depressing.

:smith:

Give kids new foods itt.

I was half forced half persuaded to eat 'yucky' foods as a kid and now I even actually dont mind the dread brussel sprout if somebody serves me it and I'll be damned if I dont use the same method on my own offspring. For example I didn't like onion as a kid in any form so my mom just started to mince it so finely that my dumb baby brain couldn't register it anymore in the food. As a bit older dumb baby I asked my mom why this food x was so delicious and she just replied "onions".

I knew I was defeated in my own game

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Professor Shark posted:

I think they only slip new foods when we visit.

lmao thats hosed up

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
A fresh, cold and crisp tomato eaten with garlic salt. Tasty snack.

Weirdly enough I can't recall knowing any one that is a picky eater.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Don't let the peas touch the mashed potatoes OH MY GOD THEY'RE TOUCHING GET THEM AWAY FROM ME

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Wicker Man posted:

A fresh, cold and crisp tomato eaten with garlic salt. Tasty snack.

Weirdly enough I can't recall knowing any one that is a picky eater.

you what's better than garlic salt?

fresh chopped garlic and salt

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Top City Homo posted:

i was gonna say "what kinda homo owns a knife", but...well played.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Top City Homo posted:

What scrub level cuisine. Unless you harvest the garlic from your personal garden and get your salt straight from fresh seawater you might as well just eat garbage.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

pentyne posted:

What scrub level cuisine. Unless you harvest the garlic from your personal garden and get your salt straight from fresh seawater you might as well just eat garbage.

ha! you harvest your own food

can't afford servants?

lmao

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Top City Homo posted:

ha! you harvest your own food

can't afford servants?

lmao

their dirty, calloused hands might bruise the delicate flesh of the bulb. You can rely on them for many things, from shoveling dirt, to wiping your rear end, and even to stay composed and silent as you roughly abuse them in their shanties, but never to touch the tender flesh of home grown organic produce.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
can you just like imagine poor people touching your produce. Thats how you get AIDS.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Nebelwerfer posted:

the dread brussel sprout

they're actually really good, if prepared like actual food as opposed to punishment

like, throw some boiled sprouts in a pan with soy sauce. or pour some melted parmesan on them

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

hackbunny posted:

they're actually really good, if prepared like actual food as opposed to punishment

like, throw some boiled sprouts in a pan with soy sauce. or pour some melted parmesan on them

sprouts are loving awesome, boiled for just a few minutes then shallow fried with sesame oil and soy/worcester will they're showing some colour, toss some walnuts in there, delish. Even on their own they're p great. I guess some people find them bitter or something, to me they just taste like tiny cabbages, because they are

they make me fart though

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Im a supertaster I know the difference between dog food and cat food

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Fatkraken posted:

sprouts are loving awesome, boiled for just a few minutes then shallow fried with sesame oil and soy/worcester will they're showing some colour, toss some walnuts in there, delish. Even on their own they're p great. I guess some people find them bitter or something, to me they just taste like tiny cabbages, because they are

they make me fart though

they smell like old socks if boiled for too long

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Boiling brussel sprouts is a war crime and probably why so many people think they suck.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Sprouts are so much better cut in half and roasted.

I used to really hate tomatoes. I still don't care for them, but I'll eat them and not make a big deal about it. This is because I have become numb to joy and sorrow and, like sex or defecation, eating is now done only out of fear and habit.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
All food tastes bland to me but McNuggets and cheddar sauce.

Realposting

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
One of my old neighbors married a guy that will only eat Pop Tarts, peanut butter, and a small handful of other things I can't remember. He will also eat ground beef made with Manwich sloppy joe mix, but only if all the chunks of tomato, peppers, etc. are strained from it. He's in his 40's and they have two kids :(

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Boiling brussel sprouts is a war crime and probably why so many people think they suck.

I'll give some people a pass on thinking some vegetables are disgusting because the only varieties they've ever eaten were either frozen or boiled to mush and served with heaps of butter but once you're an adult and the chance comes up to try fresh produce in new ways refusing to even taste it and/or gagging at the sight is completely unacceptable.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
"Sorry sir, we discontinued that item a few weeks ago."

*almost puts first through the door window while storming out*

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
has anyone ever been at an actual restaurant with people and a grown man/woman ordered off the kids menu? That seems like the most likely outcome for a picky eater taken to a halfway classy place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

unlimited shrimp posted:

"Sorry sir, we discontinued that item a few weeks ago."

*almost puts first through the door window while storming out*

MR APPLEBEE WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS!!

• Locked thread