Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

frank.club posted:

The auto balance warning while you're on the winning side of a 1000 ticket beat down is like a 32 person Russian roulette

There's at least one server I've played on where the autobalance warning generates constantly if teams are even 1 person different. But all it does to "balance" the teams is make sure anyone who joins the server gets put on to the side with less people, so if you have a bunch of rage quits you just get spams of "PREPARING TO AUTOBALANCE: (Waiting for 6 players)". It is hilariously ineffective.

I also got my first hackusation today on Bank Job because I rounded the corner so I was looking down the area between the columns and the exterior wall of the bank, and a whole squad was running at me single file. I shot all of them in one long burst, and clearly I would have to hack to be able to shoot a bunch of guys in a hallway who aren't firing back. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Undead Muppet posted:

The Spas-12 shoots as fast as you can pull the trigger. It's either a bug, or it was supposed to be semi-auto instead of a pump-action. Haven't tried any of the shotguns with slugs yet.

I like to have one of my Enforcer loadouts as [shotgun of choice], Bald Eagle + delta sight, ammo box, gas mask, gas grenades. Ridiculously effective anytime people cluster together. Sometimes I switch the ammo box for the shield, but I can't actually tell if it protects my back all that much.

Pretty sure it does. I unloaded on a guy running away with one and it didn't hurt him.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

just after cum puppy got banned and you guys left that server this afternoon, I took down 2 cars driving side by side at the same time with c4. 7 kills at once :krakken::slick::krakken:

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

nrr posted:

just after cum puppy got banned and you guys left that server this afternoon, I took down 2 cars driving side by side at the same time with c4. 7 kills at once :krakken::slick::krakken:

That's loving hot dude. Did u get it on fraps?

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

I don't fraps :smith:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

this game needs more maps

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I got called a loving camping bitch for tasing a bunch of snipers up on top of a tower :allears:

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

Croccers posted:

I got called a loving camping bitch for tasing a bunch of snipers up on top of a tower :allears:

I wish you would of screen shot that. Priceless!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
It was one of the buildings on the Downtown map, somehow they didn't notice me taking the elevator up, then loving around trying to melee one and just giving up and tasing three of them.

Ark
Aug 20, 2000

Killa county is straight murder.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shankerz posted:

I wish you would of screen shot that. Priceless!

I shot a guy!

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

Croccers posted:

It was one of the buildings on the Downtown map, somehow they didn't notice me taking the elevator up, then loving around trying to melee one and just giving up and tasing three of them.

I'm still amazed by just how oblivious people can be. I used a grappling hook to get on the roof on Riptide that's always camped to hell and stabbed all loving six snipers up there without anyone noticing.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
There is a article from guru3d floating around reddit and other assorted sites right now. So before anyone here gets their panty's in a bunch and starts crying I figured I would clear up what I'd actually happening.

So the idiot at guru3d found ea is being evil by tracking hardware Id and shockingly enough uses your hardware to generate it. You should also note that in his article he starts by saying changing GPUs and later talks about also changing the motherboards and CPU. Hardware I'd such as this has been in use since shortly after games started letting you rent servers.

This method is used by valve, ea, Activision and well pretty much every company. Hell it is built into most game engines to save development time and effort. This "tester" is a loving moron and does not have a clue what he is talking about in his click bait blog post or whatever the gently caress he calls it to be shielded from criticism. I tried in a much more polite manner to explain this in the comments on guru3d and my comment was promptly deleted by the author.

Sorry about spelling errors autocorrect on the phone seems to hate ID.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 25, 2015

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

xyigx posted:

Sorry about spelling errors autocorrect on the phone seems to hate ID.

Spelling errors aside I have no idea what you are trying to communicate with that post.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

fletcher posted:

Spelling errors aside I have no idea what you are trying to communicate with that post.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ea-infects-battlefield-hardline-with-new-ghastly-drm.html

Turns out there's stealth DRM that assigns your computer a hash value made up of your various hardware (GPU, CPU, MOBO), giving you up to five values per game license. If you try for a sixth you have to wait 24 hours before you can use the game again.

For most real rear end people this is probably not going to be an issue, but if you are a "Graphics review" site where you are changing out drives and putting them in different computers or changing out components it is apparently a problem and is a sign EA is the devil and whatever else.

NostalgiaGoggles
Jul 25, 2007
three-time winner of the Upper Class Twit of the Year competition
looks like some balance changes are starting to develop

Visceral Dev posted:

Hi guys,

A lot of people have been providing feedback on the gameplay balance, and we've been looking at the data and feedback (as we always do). Here's a quick list of changes we're considering for the next update. I do not have an ETA for you on this update yet, but once we know we'll provide dates.

- K10: Reduce bullet damage to 33
- Saiga and PTR: reduce recoil to bring more in line with Cop faction DMRs
- HCAR and HK51: reduce recoil to bring more in line with SCAR-H and SA-58
- .410 Jury: Increase damage per pellet to become more effective
- FMG-9 and M/45: Increase damage per round to 25 and push out falloff start range to make these weapons more effective
- Battlerifle min damage increased to 25 across the board
- AKM min damage reduced to 24

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

quote:

- Battlerifle min damage increased to 25 across the board

oh my god yes

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

I'm surprised, all of those balance changes actually sound good. Already balancing more competently than they did in BF4.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They bring a different dev though right?

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer

frank.club posted:

They bring a different dev though right?

It's Visceral Games, which is kind of hilarious given that it's the studio that guys who made COD:AW started at EA before they jumped ship to Activision and started Sledgehammer Games.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol sometimes goons are such whiny sadsacks tho

I actually just left because it was painful to listen to people upset about :qq: my kuhdurr :qq:

an admin said he'd balance it and all he got was ITS THREE ROUNDS TOO LATE

and i think I heard a "im never playing on this server again"

lol

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

If anyone else needs the tier 4 Rep x10 for another assignment I need it again as well, let me know if you're up for it whenever.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Eonwe posted:

I actually just left because it was painful to listen to people upset about :qq: my kuhdurr :qq:

an admin said he'd balance it and all he got was ITS THREE ROUNDS TOO LATE

lol

Somehow you didn't hear us ask for a balance for multiple maps, this explains a lot.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lazyfire posted:

Somehow you didn't hear us ask for a balance for multiple maps, this explains a lot.

thats not as funny of a story for one, but also doesn't matter that was pretty whiny is all I know

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Eonwe posted:

thats not as funny of a story for one, but also doesn't matter that was pretty whiny is all I know

Well, it would have been nice if the auto balancer worked, that could have helped, but it sent people back to the losing team even with bad scores.

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!
Just a reminder that this game is still new and most of the server mods are not working 100%. We are trying out best and we just ask you to bare with us.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

fletcher posted:

I think he is saying people shouldn't get bent out of shape over EAs DRM practices. I normally see eye to eye with Yig but I have to break here. I thought having to use Origin was DRM enough. I don't like the idea of them monitoring my hardware on top of having to use Origin. I also can't recall Value or Activision pulling this kind of thing in recent memory. Then again, arguing that anything is okay because Activision does it is a losing battle.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Mar 26, 2015

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

shankerz posted:

Just a reminder that this game is still new and most of the server mods are not working 100%. We are trying out best and we just ask you to bare with us.

Ill work on fixing the auto balancer later tonight / tomorrow / rest of the week, looks like its strictly set to default atm.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I won't be able to buy Hardline until I get my tax refund back in a few days, but I just applied to CUMP.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Is the Digital Deluxe worth getting over the original?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Revolver Bunker posted:

Is the Digital Deluxe worth getting over the original?

Nah it's just battle packs

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I think he is saying people shouldn't get bent out of shape over EAs DRM practices. I normally see eye to eye with Yig but I have to break here. I thought having to use Origin was DRM enough. I don't like the idea of them monitoring my hardware on top of having to use Origin. I also can't recall Value or Activision pulling this kind of thing in recent memory. Then again, arguing that anything is okay because Activision does it is a losing battle.

They only do it for hardware ID bans. You have to change 3+ items to get the 24 hour time out. Vac uses the same thing for HW bans it is extremely common.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
I'm hoping with the balance pass they bump the Uzi up a bit. It's just... not good. At all.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Right now, before there are any expansions, is there any practical reason to get premium? I'll get it eventually, but if it's not gonna give me any real features until the first dlc, I'll hold off and hope for a sale.

hreple
Feb 11, 2006
hardly
Any thoughts on "best" gun for the transport chopper? The standard 50cal is ok, but now and then I miss even stationary targets while the heli is hovering, so the hit detection seems kinda off.

Anyways, the m3m 50 or minigun. What do you guys prefer?

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

hreple posted:

Any thoughts on "best" gun for the transport chopper? The standard 50cal is ok, but now and then I miss even stationary targets while the heli is hovering, so the hit detection seems kinda off.

The minigun seems to be the best gun for general use imo. The m3m is better for taking out helicoptors and armored trucks but if you play the One True Game Mode (hotwire) you dont see any armored vehicles except other choppers, and the minigun makes fairly short work of them anyways.

plus it sounds way cooler

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

hreple posted:

I have been trying the m3m so far its meh. I am hoping it gets better with the air cooler. So I guess for now I am going with the minigun.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Alright I just got this game and applied to CUMP

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

xyigx posted:

I have been trying the m3m so far its meh. I am hoping it gets better with the air cooler. So I guess for now I am going with the minigun.

Air cooler for mini guns and belt loader for M3M. Try to keep it to burst fire and you won't overheat or run out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Eonwe posted:

an admin said he'd balance it all he got was ITS THREE ROUNDS TOO LATE

lol

The balance was totally screwed up, people tried to swap to fix it and were sent back.

I was on the winning team at the top and also offered to switch after several stomps, which is what got the "three rounds too late" reply.

• Locked thread