Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Your scum buddy is not your friend, also a scum claim on day one would be hilarious!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Did you make a decision, HiipFire?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Look I can't reveal specifics because well that puts me at too much of a risk, but I know my color and I can work out the rest from there.

All we need is a scum claim.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I don't trust this keane, but it WOULD be kind of cool if scum just claimed in the thread, it would make things a lot easier, so yes, go ahead scum please claim.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Anyways, doesn't this only work out if everyone in town claims their color, too?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Anyways, doesn't this only work out if everyone in town claims their color, too?

Yeah, that would be a needed step, but once we have the scum out there, then we can move on to step two.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Yeah, that would be a needed step, but once we have the scum out there, then we can move on to step two.
I don't know about you, but if a scum claims, I'm just going to go ahead and vote them.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

I don't know about you, but if a scum claims, I'm just going to go ahead and vote them.

Good thing you need a majority, then.

CPig is on board. If you are town I am offering a guaranteed victory, if you are scum and claim now you can also win.

We just need to satisfy both conditions at once, it can be worked out mathematically with the tools at our disposal.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Poison Mushroom posted:

This.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Good thing 2 players still isn't a majority!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

Good thing you need a majority, then.

CPig is on board.

I never said this, I said only that it would be easier if scum claimed.

If someone claimed scum I'd vote the poo poo out of them.

Winning by colors is for hippies. I wanna kill the scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Three still isn't a majority!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Three still isn't a majority!
Neither is "CCKeane". :smugbert:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Neither is "CCKeane". :smugbert:

By mass I am *eats entire pizza*

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Anyway, since my spot got blown up, I'm not an oracle I was just trying to get scum to scum claim day one so we could ride that out.

But hey everybody insisting that heyd just vote scum anyway is making posts that literally only help scum so let's look there for the scum!

I would buy PM or Kleedrac being scum, weeeee

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

CCKeane posted:

Anyway, since my spot got blown up, I'm not an oracle I was just trying to get scum to scum claim day one so we could ride that out.

But hey everybody insisting that heyd just vote scum anyway is making posts that literally only help scum so let's look there for the scum!

Wait, so you fakeclaim day 1 and try to set up one of the worst gambits ever?! gently caress you Keane
##Vote CCKeane

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

I just want to be clear here. You're saying that the people who wouldn't cooperate with scum instead of voting them are the suspicious ones?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

I just want to be clear here. You're saying that the people who wouldn't cooperate with scum instead of voting them are the suspicious ones?

Yes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

Wait, so you fakeclaim day 1 and try to set up one of the worst gambits ever?! gently caress you Keane
##Vote CCKeane

Hey I though we weren't voting fast off the bat, what changed man.

What changed.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

The people actively trying to prevent scum from claiming look scummy yes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

All right let's get this party started. HiipFire do you have even a joking case against wall monitor or is it the usual day one shenanigans. I'm not voting even in jest as in a 7 player game I don't wanna taunt the hammer :)

Kleedrac why are you taunting the hammer?

What did the hammer ever do to you?!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Okay, just making sure. ##vote CCKeane

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

PM Kleedrac scum team, ship it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Compare PM and Kleedrac's reaction to CPig's. CPig advocated for scum to claim and didn't blow the roll until later (which he blew for no reason).

They're also both voting me now, Kleedrac vote being directly opposed to how he said his play would be before.

I'm feeling town on CPig and Hiipfire, both seemed to have fairly town reactions to the whole thing.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

CCKeane posted:

Hey I though we weren't voting fast off the bat, what changed man.

What changed.

What changed was that you did something extremely scummy - I shall explain;

There are 4 setups possible in this game, Configurations A and B involve a scumteam with the same color alignment and a lack of the Oracle. Configurations C and D have scum teams with opposing colors but the town gains an oracle. I stand by what I said earlier;

Kleedrac posted:

Normally I'd agree but he essentially role claimed in a power role light environment - what if there was an oracle counter claim? It seems pretty risky for day 1.

The only way someone could claim this power role day 1 safely is if they know the role is theirs or not in the game. If you are scum - and you have discussed with your scummate your colors - and they matched; you would know for a fact there is no Oracle and it becomes a safe claim. I think you did know it was a safe claim and for the latter reason. You sir, are scum!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

There are 4 setups possible in this game, Configurations A and B involve a scumteam with the same color alignment and a lack of the Oracle. Configurations C and D have scum teams with opposing colors but the town gains an oracle. I stand by what I said earlier;

The only way someone could claim this power role day 1 safely is if they know the role is theirs or not in the game. If you are scum - and you have discussed with your scummate your colors - and they matched; you would know for a fact there is no Oracle and it becomes a safe claim. I think you did know it was a safe claim and for the latter reason. You sir, are scum!

Haha nope you big silly.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

CCKeane posted:

lmao

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

CCKeane posted:

Haha nope you big silly.

Care to elaborate or you're hoping that by saying I'm wrong you'll look less scummy?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

PM Kleedrac scum team, ship it.

I see what you were trying to do , but I also dont really think that anyone was trying to help the scum.

I seriously doubt any scum was even considering your offer, because they'd be dumb to whether or not we said wed vote them.

I fail to see how this makes anyone scum, even you because I can see you are coming from a place of purity and honesty.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

Care to elaborate or you're hoping that by saying I'm wrong you'll look less scummy?

There probably is a town oracle abd they just kept quiet!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kleedrac posted:

poo poo, I didn't think about that!

Hahaha, wow.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

You guys are confirming that scum would be completely truthful to each other.

Which, if I have an alternate win condition outside of being scum, I wouldn't be.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kleedrac posted:

Actually this is a pretty solid point.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Which, if I have an alternate win condition outside of being scum, I wouldn't be.

That's not a terrible point but I can't think of any other reason to claim one of a maximum of 2 power roles. It seems far far too risky for a random townie to attempt.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
Lol

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Im sure there are people who are just as likely to color claim to their scum partner to figure the setup out?

If I was scum in this setup I'd color claim to my scum buds and do exactly what keane did.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

Im sure there are people who are just as likely to color claim to their scum partner to figure the setup out?

If I was scum in this setup I'd color claim to my scum buds and do exactly what keane did.

You're trusting scum with an alternate victory condition to be truthful. I wouldn't.

Scum don't even get an advantage in figuring the setup out, after all. The game is solvable for each individual after two deaths, and the entire game after three.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

You're trusting scum with an alternate victory condition to be truthful. I wouldn't.

Scum don't even get an advantage in figuring the setup out, after all. The game is solvable for each individual after two deaths, and the entire game after three.

True but its all speculation and isnt that helpful , that was my point.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

True but its all speculation and isnt that helpful , that was my point.

The simplest way around it would be for everyone to post their 'solved' setup on Day 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

The simplest way around it would be for everyone to post their 'solved' setup on Day 2.

I can see that, based on flips and our own roles and colors we should probably have a pretty good guess as to what setup we are in tomorrow.

• Locked thread