Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

NippleFloss posted:

My favorite Carlos Condit fight is when he beats the poo poo out of a troop during a fight for the troops promotional stop.

"Hit me as hard as you want to get hit"
*knocks out army ranger with head kick*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

NippleFloss posted:

My favorite Carlos Condit fight is when he beats the poo poo out of a troop during a fight for the troops promotional stop.

Wasn't that ranger talking poo poo anyway?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
who was the idiot who called Carlo "milquetoast" and then when told how loving dumb it was, stood by it, and then someone had the outlandish idea of asking him what he thought it meant

Good poo poo

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

quote:

Ariel Helwani reported on Wednesday's edition of UFC Tonight that Diaz has retained the New York-based firm of Seham, Seham, Meltz & Petersen LLP to investigate the test results.

According to Diaz's manager, Lloyd Pierson, Diaz believes there were "irregularities" in Diaz's results.

Can't wait to hear this line of bullshit

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

fatherdog posted:

I was trying to make out the joke of see him, see him, melts and peterson but you are serious.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

fatherdog posted:

He's probably hoping they sent the sample to the same guy in China as Cung Le's test.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dangersim posted:

Really watch all of My Main Man Handsome Carlos "The Natural Born Killer" Condit's fights

This is another thing I'm working on yo.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Trast posted:

Wasn't that ranger talking poo poo anyway?

He had it coming due the aforementioned "hit me as hard as you want to get hit" clause.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
In other laughable fighter behavior -

arielhelwani posted:

Great Rory Mac quote per a press release: "I compare myself to a silverback gorilla and a lion, a cross breed with a little bit of a bunny."

arielhelwani posted:

MacDonald cont'd: "Gorillas are powerful and have a position as a leader, a lion for its heart and a bunny for its love.? Yes.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

NippleFloss posted:

He had it coming due the aforementioned "hit me as hard as you want to get hit" clause.

That's a new level of stupid.
*Talks poo poo to a dude nicknamed the Natural Born Killer*
*gets into a ring with him*
*gets TBI'd into retardation*

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

-Atom- posted:

who was the idiot who called Carlo "milquetoast" and then when told how loving dumb it was, stood by it, and then someone had the outlandish idea of asking him what he thought it meant

Good poo poo

i dont know who it was but whoever it was has probably posted less dumb stuff than you, overall.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Dangersim posted:

"Hit me as hard as you want to get hit"
*knocks out army ranger with head kick*

I thought I would never see a funnier case of an MMA fighter KOing a soldier, but then Yoel Romero vs. Tim Kennedy happened.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

EvanSchenck posted:

I thought I would never see a funnier case of an MMA fighter KOing a soldier, but then Yoel Romero vs. Tim Kennedy happened.

ahaha

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

fatherdog posted:

Why is he even bothering? He fights that infrequently that he might as well just serve the suspension.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Has episode 4 been posted here yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB2J1CCSwvw

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

EvanSchenck posted:

Nice.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Trip report from the Rory MacDonald & Robbie Lawler fan event thing:

- There were 2 questions asked by the press, both by the same guy, before opening up to fan questions.
- A fan said Calgary is angry at British Columbia, where Rory MacDonald is from, because the Flames might play the Canucks in playoff hockey. Then the fan asked what Robbie Lawler is doing differently now that he's the champion.
- I forget what the rest of the questions were
- Lots of bedazzled jeans
- Before it started, the bar was playing jumpstyle because Canada is now an Eastern bloc country and it's 2008 (see: bedazzled jeans)

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

-Atom- posted:

Good poo poo

You

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

fatherdog posted:

If I recall correctly, Seth Petruzelli called himself the silverback because they have the smallest penis to body mass ratio of any mammal, or something like that

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
So, if Cyborg fails to make weight at 135 in Invicta, I assume the UFC won't bother with bringing her in, right? That seems like an important cut after her featherweight fight in July.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

LobsterMobster posted:

If I recall correctly, Seth Petruzelli called himself the silverback because they have the smallest penis to body mass ratio of any mammal, or something like that

If you do a google image search for "Seth Petruzelli humiliation" there are surprisingly a lot more photos of his KO of Kimbo than photos of him wearing nipple clamps

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice

-Atom- posted:

Good poo poo

i think that was me. carlos the milquetoast guy

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

manyak posted:

i dont know who it was but whoever it was has probably posted less dumb stuff than you, overall.

Evidence to the contrary

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.

xcore posted:

Has episode 4 been posted here yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB2J1CCSwvw

I honestly thought McGregor was going to quote Guile at 1:07

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
can someone gif aldo pole dancing with the "yes, I am awesome" subtitle? we can get a lot of mileage out of that

edit: also conor swaggering of the plane with the cup of coffee

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

manyak posted:

So much less, it's freaken insane Lois!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

fatherdog posted:

Beautiful and funny :allears:

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Conor's slick armdrag to back take.

http://gfycat.com/EnormousTiredEagle

NTRKouhai
Apr 25, 2014

TL Note: Keikaku means Moo
This is unrelated as hell, but I recently just watched Hunt/Silva for the first time after putting off watching it for a while.

My god what a classic. I knew Mark Hunt was awesome, but seeing that match makes my opinion of him better. Mark Hunt win all the things.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Keg posted:

Trip report from the Rory MacDonald & Robbie Lawler fan event thing:

- There were 2 questions asked by the press, both by the same guy, before opening up to fan questions.
- A fan said Calgary is angry at British Columbia, where Rory MacDonald is from, because the Flames might play the Canucks in playoff hockey. Then the fan asked what Robbie Lawler is doing differently now that he's the champion.
- I forget what the rest of the questions were
- Lots of bedazzled jeans
- Before it started, the bar was playing jumpstyle because Canada is now an Eastern bloc country and it's 2008 (see: bedazzled jeans)

Calgary rules.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
it's really good that nick diaz replaced his shithead manager who was probably making a ton of money off of him with a lawyer who encourages him to make between 8 and 12 ill fated legal actions a year

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Some dude I used to play beer league hockey with is in the UFC this sport is weird as heck

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/scott-holtzman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2Sb32O0e0E

He was definitely a freak of an athlete and really good hockey player (was like an alternate on the USA national roller team) but I'm pretty sure he didn't start training until like 4 or 5 years ago (if that).

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

T-Bone posted:

Some dude I used to play beer league hockey with is in the UFC this sport is weird as heck

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/scott-holtzman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2Sb32O0e0E

He was definitely a freak of an athlete and really good hockey player (was like an alternate on the USA national roller team) but I'm pretty sure he didn't start training until like 4 or 5 years ago (if that).

lol @ the boxtop gogo dancers in this video

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

Chael Sonnen posted:

Reddit members - I'll be there Monday at 6:00pm PST - come AMA

:getin:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Keg posted:

Lots of bedazzled jeans

lol

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

hey way to go brazil

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/581118009051373568

Ariel HelwaniVerified account
‏@arielhelwani
The Brazilian athletic commission has decided to overturn the Dober vs. Silva fight result to a no contest, per sources with knowledge.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/581119195951316992

Ariel HelwaniVerified account
‏@arielhelwani
Don't expect to see him ref UFC any time soon, I'm told. RT @mrjrocha: @arielhelwani that's great, any consequences for the ref?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Good. I hope some good comes of this and we enter a new Steve Mazzagatti era

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Bring it on come on

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

1st AD posted:

Bring it on come on

That and Mike Beltran's "handle your business" are some of my favorite starts to an MMA fight.

The best is still:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Bluedeanie posted:

Good. I hope some good comes of this and we enter a new Steve Mazzagatti era
Mazagatti was a dope but not even the nadir of ufc refs, Dana White has just been on camera repeatedly trashing him but his biggest crimes were basically botching 2 who cares exhibitions on the ultimate fighter and that Brock call that he thought was going to damage the the UFC's profits. Kim Winslow was actively worse. Though I don't think they're hiring her anymore either v:shobon:v

• Locked thread