Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Brady Aiken is injured? Aww too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008

bawfuls posted:

ummmmm what?

I've had a general distaste for the vast majority of Craptacular posts the last few years, while also considering Petriello one of the better baseball bloggers out there. They aren't similar at all.
Petriello's good but has also been crowing about how people should apologize to the Astros.

Which is horseshit for a number of reasons, but he's also probably doing it because the team hired his friends.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

He's still looking for the real killer who got him on the busted steroid list A-Rod was on.

:lol:

Someone at GNC framed him!

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Rand alPaul posted:

Someone at GNC framed him!

Maybe the culprit was that phone and he was simply meting out vigilante justice

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

No Safe Word posted:

Dude, not really cool. (Lunhow was right etc)

Also re: celebrations, this is why we need to let pitchers smoke batters in the head for circling the bases too slowly or too quickly after a homerun :smugbert:

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"
Yes, let's us adults enjoy physical harm befalling a kid who cannot yet legally drink alcohol.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

No Safe Word posted:

Haha yeah, gently caress that literal child who was completely hosed over by an organization run by rich white men.

e: I think the worst part about being in Boston is that most people think David Ortiz is a cool guy. No one listens to me when I talk about how much of a giant man baby he is.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Mar 27, 2015

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Batters and pitchers should be allowed to celebrate, dance, do the worm, etc after an amazing play.

Would love to see a pitcher crab walk to the catcher after an impressive 9th inning strike out to end the game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Harlock posted:

Batters and pitchers should be allowed to celebrate, dance, do the worm, etc after an amazing play.

Would love to see a pitcher crab walk to the catcher after an impressive 9th inning strike out to end the game.

Celebrating owns and is not the reason David Ortiz is a terrible person.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

This is a good read. Especially him talking about wanting to murder Dan Shaughnessy, as we all do.

Reformed Pissboy fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 27, 2015

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

IcePhoenix posted:

Celebrating owns and is not the reason David Ortiz is a terrible person.
Had nothing to do with David Ortiz, I just wanted to express my love for showboating.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Former Cardinal Curt Ford was harassed and assaulted by people in metro St. Louis and told to 'go back to Ferguson'. Now he plans on moving out of the area.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

FlamingLiberal posted:

Former Cardinal Curt Ford was harassed and assaulted by people in metro St. Louis and told to 'go back to Ferguson'. Now he plans on moving out of the area.

Best Fans In Baseball

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

I went to game two of the 2011 World Series @ St. Louis and it was the worst away game I've ever been to. All the fan's next to me were belligerent and rude. One guy booed me and my mom every chance he got and then followed us out of the park where we took a taxi back to our hotel. I thought Busch Stadium was nice but I don't think I'll ever go back.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Fess up. Which one of you did God's work.

http://imgur.com/gallery/hWqiC

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pander posted:

Fess up. Which one of you did God's work.

http://imgur.com/gallery/hWqiC

I was looking forward to using the Twins one as my wallpaper at work and then he went and used the bad logo :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Sandy Ago

What joke am I not getting with the Mets one?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I think this question gets asked every year, but does anybody have a good recommendation for a scorebook that has a little extra room for notes and bench players and what-not? I was looking at these:

http://www.bcscorebook.com/features.html

The "fan" version (100 games) is $30. I figure that would cover me for a few seasons but I wasn't sure if there are better or cheaper ones out there?

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Intruder posted:

Sandy Ago

What joke am I not getting with the Mets one?

The guy that made these is probably a Mets fan. Isn't that enough of a joke?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Paul Zuvella posted:

e: No one listens to me when I talk about how much of a giant man baby he is.

Ortiz is a giant man baby you say... :raise:

who knew?

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly

FlamingLiberal posted:

When I first saw this story, I read it as "Curt Flood" and was like, "Dang someone is still upset about free agency"

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dingleberry Jones posted:

When I first saw this story, I read it as "Curt Flood" and was like, "Dang someone is still upset about free agency"

Same here

Best fans in baseball

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

who knew?

I see nothing wrong with this. He's just making a statement on his desire for robo-umps :colbert:

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

who knew?

I'd hate to see what would've happened if he'd been swinging from his natural side. Also, I wonder what Pedroia was about to say before a phone exploded next to his face.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Dingleberry Jones posted:

Would have been even more disturbing since he's been dead more than a decade

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

No Safe Word posted:

dude what the gently caress

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
The Walgreens one is fine but

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

"I’m in a strip mall across from the Dunkin’ Donuts, bro."

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

who knew?

I'm not even a Sox fan but I love things like this and I don't think it makes you a baby at all. Let me see players get pissed, complain, yell, decimate telephones and nearly kill teammates with shrapnel...all of it. Anyone who doesn't enjoy seeing true emotions of players is insane. Everyone is turning into a robot these days and expects cookie cutter actions and responses to the media.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
John Niese "shoulder discomfort"

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Dr. Remulak posted:

I'm not even a Sox fan but I love things like this and I don't think it makes you a baby at all. Let me see players get pissed, complain, yell, decimate telephones and nearly kill teammates with shrapnel...all of it. Anyone who doesn't enjoy seeing true emotions of players is insane. Everyone is turning into a robot these days and expects cookie cutter actions and responses to the media.

I didn't say it wasn't entertaining, because it is entertaining. :)

But he is a giant man baby.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"
Watching grown role-models for thousands of children act like tempermental toddlers because things didn't go their way is uncomfortable at best.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dr. Remulak posted:

Of course it's entertaining, but he's still a loving shithead.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Ortiz just doesn't have the je ne sais qois to yell "how does it feel to be poor, motherfucker" at a heckler.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

Dr. Tommy John posted:

Watching grown role-models for thousands of children act like tempermental toddlers because things didn't go their way is uncomfortable at best.

You honestly watch that and feel uncomfortable because children view him a role-model?

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Yell, throw your glove, kick dirt on home plate, and maybe even knock over a Gatorade container, but don't destroy a phone with your bat and put everyone else in the dugout at risk. I love tantrums and weird spectacle poo poo, but when you endanger other people, what the gently caress are you thinking?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Dr. Tommy John posted:

You are a huge pussy!

xie
Jul 29, 2004

I GET UPSET WHEN PEOPLE SPEND THEIR MONEY ON WASTEFUL THINGS THAT I DONT APPROVE OF :capitalism:

Dr. Remulak posted:

You honestly watch that and feel uncomfortable because children view him a role-model?

yes, violence on the field of play and the glorification of it (^^^^^^) actually makes me uncomfortable. it has no place in sports, and it shows kids that taking a weapon and attacking property is an acceptable thing to do if you don't get your way. you want find many people here who are against emotion and people having fun, but that is not the same as a violent outburst.

kids literally immitate everything players do on the field, i dont know if you ever played little league, but they will copy their favorite players warmup routines, batting stances, Nomar/Jeter like between pitch poo poo. Everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I feel this is a good contribution to pitchface

• Locked thread