Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

"Sagani, does your fox bite?"

"Yes."

"Can I pet him anyways?"

"It's your hand."

"I'm gonna pet him!"

I approve of the party banter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

rope kid posted:

If you didn't want challenge, why are you playing on Path of the Damned?

:master:

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

rope kid posted:

I don't know the answer to that question. Sorry.

Is this the same answer for whether it will retroactively fix the horn of moderation bug?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Viral Warfare posted:

Stacking rules are lame because they make you look at cool loot and go 'meh, whatever'.

In a game like Neverwinter Nights yeah, but I've found that in a game where you have 6 guys there's bound to be at least someone who can make use of anything sufficiently shiny.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

LibbyM posted:

Is this the same answer for whether it will retroactively fix the horn of moderation bug?
Yes, I don't know the answer to that. Sorry.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

rope kid posted:

I don't know the answer to that question. Sorry.

Well, is there anything we can do on our end to get them back? Anything that'd force the game to recalculate stats from scratch?

Will this:

havenwaters posted:

You should be able to use the console to reactivate those abilities. It'll take a little time though.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72562-bug-distant-advantage-not-working/?p=1606176

work?

Viral Warfare
Aug 4, 2010

~~a n d I a m c a l m~~

rope kid posted:

Yes, I don't know the answer to that. Sorry.

Can you not just ask the guy who wrote the fix? You can test it in the prologue, even. It's a pretty poor fix if it doesn't give them back.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.
Stacking rules are cool because they encourage gear decisions more complicated than "what is my best stat, put all points into my best stat", which seriously is like the only consideration of a disturbing number of gear-based RPG's

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003

Fintilgin posted:

Just hit level seven and I'm roughly half-way down the Endless Paths. Have only briefly visited Defiance Bay and haven't gotten any further in the main story then Caed Nua.

Pretty sure the main path is going to be fairly easy. :v:

That's pretty much what I did because I had no idea what order I should be doing stuff in. After eventually getting rocked by every encounter, I went back to the main quest and until Raedric I was pretty much setting my group to auto attack.

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA
Is Pallegina supposed to have -2 damage reduction, or is it a bug?

Every other character has 0 damage reduction, and no racial modifiers or other modifiers in her character sheet explain or mention it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Adding and removing companion from the party seems to restore at least some lost passives from the double-click bug. Works with Kana's extra weapon slot.

Edit:Also works with Eder's Defender and durance's Bear's fortitude.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Mar 28, 2015

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Andrast posted:

Adding and removing companion from the party seems to restore lost passives from the double-click bug. Works with Kana's extra weapon slot at least.

That is fantastic news if true.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Doesn't work for the PC though :smith:

Viral Warfare
Aug 4, 2010

~~a n d I a m c a l m~~
If you rely heavily on passives it fucks you over to a pretty ridiculous degree. I don't even know when I did it, but I didn't notice it until I did it to Kana.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Just put my first few hours in, and found a bug in the character creator. After picking my stats, you click next and then pick your character's culture, which gives a +1 buff to a single stat. Except that it doesn't. I set my Resolve to 12, click Next, and the first entry in culture select is Aedyr, which gives +1 to Resolve. My stats at the top of the screen still say 12 Resolve. I select the next culture option, Deadfire Archipelago which gives +1 Dexterity. I gain +1 to Dexterity, but now my stats say 11 Resolve. The first culture that is preselected doesn't give you its bonus, but changing cultures will then subtract the bonus that you never got.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Phenotype posted:

Just put my first few hours in, and found a bug in the character creator. After picking my stats, you click next and then pick your character's culture, which gives a +1 buff to a single stat. Except that it doesn't. I set my Resolve to 12, click Next, and the first entry in culture select is Aedyr, which gives +1 to Resolve. My stats at the top of the screen still say 12 Resolve. I select the next culture option, Deadfire Archipelago which gives +1 Dexterity. I gain +1 to Dexterity, but now my stats say 11 Resolve. The first culture that is preselected doesn't give you its bonus, but changing cultures will then subtract the bonus that you never got.

Your character automatically starts with that +1 Resolve because they're Aedyran by default. In character creation look at the information for the Resolve stat, it'll say something like "base +1 Aedyran"

Zilkin
Jan 9, 2009

Andrast posted:

Adding and removing companion from the party seems to restore at least some lost passives from the double-click bug. Works with Kana's extra weapon slot.

Edit:Also works with Eder's Defender and durance's Bear's fortitude.

This works! Thanks for the advice. Not that I had even noticed all the missing bonuses before reading this thread.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.
It is an unnecessarily confusing implementation.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

rope kid posted:

If you didn't want challenge, why are you playing on Path of the Damned?

My friend taviow has not received his backer achievement, what's up?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

2house2fly posted:

Your character automatically starts with that +1 Resolve because they're Aedyran by default. In character creation look at the information for the Resolve stat, it'll say something like "base +1 Aedyran"

That's... really unintuitive. Selecting culture is the last part of creation. I ended up selecting my culture, going back and setting my stats the way I wanted, and then clicking Next to select culture and having my preferred culture already preselected so my stats wouldn't change.

Also, I'm reading about this doubleclick bug -- I'm playing a Druid, and I chose Wildstrike Freeze for my first talent, which is a passive that adds 30% more damage as Freeze damage to my bearform attacks. Would this have disappeared from doubleclick equipping? When I look at the combat log, it just says "Phenotype did 20 damage (Physical)", and I don't see any mention of "6 damage (Freeze)" anywhere.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

StashAugustine posted:

Doesn't work for the PC though :smith:

Yeah and that sucks, but it's good because literally the only way to fix it that we knew of (console fuckery) worked on the PC-only. So between the two, you can completely fix a bad saved game, assuming it isn't retroactive.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Monk protip for early game: take Peasant weapon focus at lvl2, it gives you +6 Accuracy (two experience levels worth) with Unarmed but also Hatchets and a few other weapons. You can pick up and dual wield a pair of Hatchets, each giving you +5 Deflection. The Crushing damage from your fists is a little better and effective in general, but it's nice to pull out the axes for the +10 Deflection and Slashing damage at times too. Worth noting that none of the Monk abilities or bonuses are tied to unarmed specifically, they just get an innate bonus to unarmed damage.

beats
Oct 21, 2010

kujeger posted:

Is Pallegina supposed to have -2 damage reduction, or is it a bug?

Every other character has 0 damage reduction, and no racial modifiers or other modifiers in her character sheet explain or mention it.

Yeah I posted that a few pages back. Initially I thought it was something to do with this equipment bug but I loaded an earlier save and she's got the -2 from the get go.

Not really sure if it's intentional. Her breastplate does have an ability which gives her 1.5x DR when under 25% endurance so that tradeoff would make sense - but only if the -2 DR thing was specific to that armour.

beats fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Mar 28, 2015

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Is there a way to tell how strong something is before attacking it? I like the idea of not knowing enemy power levels in theory, because it's kind of more immersive. But in practice it just ends up being "quicksave, try encounter".

Also do enemies change power level as the party levels?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Well gently caress, I guess it's time to restart. I was hoping to go through the game with my first character but it looks like all of my peoples are broken. I was wondering why my monk wasn't doing much fire damage.

So, the best storyish characters are Paladin, Cipher and Chanter?

Paladin's and Chanters just kind of sit in combat, though, mostly. And Cipher you get to do some of these gun shenanigans everyone's talking about?

What's a good story-cipher build that is still good for battle. I know not to double click things and stay away from horns.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Phenotype posted:

Also, I'm reading about this doubleclick bug -- I'm playing a Druid, and I chose Wildstrike Freeze for my first talent, which is a passive that adds 30% more damage as Freeze damage to my bearform attacks. Would this have disappeared from doubleclick equipping? When I look at the combat log, it just says "Phenotype did 20 damage (Physical)", and I don't see any mention of "6 damage (Freeze)" anywhere.

Yup! Passives disappear too

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Viral Warfare posted:

Can you not just ask the guy who wrote the fix? You can test it in the prologue, even. It's a pretty poor fix if it doesn't give them back.
I'm not psychically connected to every member of the team.

Deakul posted:

My friend taviow has not received his backer achievement, what's up?
I don't know the answer to that.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

If I put all these lockpicks in my stash will I have to take them out to use them later? They're starting to take up a lot of inventory space.

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.
I could have sworn I looted the kickstarter backer rewards from the camp anywhere, but my piggy isn't with me and I really don't want to restart the game. Can I go back and get him some how or are my dreams of a piggy friend dead forever?

Viral Warfare
Aug 4, 2010

~~a n d I a m c a l m~~

rope kid posted:

I'm not psychically connected to every member of the team.

Are you not email connected? Does that require psychics now? Are you unable to keep in contact with the people you work with?

I'm sorry, it's just silly to me to say "I don't know" instead of "I'll find out".

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Viral Warfare posted:

Are you not email connected? Does that require psychics now? Are you unable to keep in contact with the people you work with?

I'm sorry, it's just silly to me to say "I don't know" instead of "I'll find out".

Companies are generally not that active on weekends.

Vehementi
Jul 25, 2003

YOSPOS
^ yeah though I'd expect them to be doing something over the Release Weekend where issues like this are 100% going to pop up

Viral Warfare posted:

I hate to be that guy, but he owes you nothing and this isn't the support forum

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

rope kid posted:

I don't know the answer to that.

What a shame, but yeah, I'm seeing reports of people not getting the backer achievement for some reason.
He's restarted the game, steam, and his computer several times since the game has come out to no avail.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I didn't even know you could double click items to equip them so my save game is immaculate. I guess ignorance is bliss :smug:

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Vehementi posted:

^ yeah though I'd expect them to be doing something over the Release Weekend where issues like this are 100% going to pop up
The fixes to those bugs have already been implemented and QA is testing them. People are either in the office or on-call for anything additional that appears.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Deakul posted:

What a shame, but yeah, I'm seeing reports of people not getting the backer achievement for some reason.
He's restarted the game, steam, and his computer several times since the game has come out to no avail.

He could always just use steam achievement manager to enable it.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Is there a way to tell how strong something is before attacking it? I like the idea of not knowing enemy power levels in theory, because it's kind of more immersive. But in practice it just ends up being "quicksave, try encounter".

Also do enemies change power level as the party levels?

Unless you explore somewhere really weird, most things you encounter tend to always be beatable anyway.

And I don't think so, if you check the Bestiary each enemy has their Level listed there. I believe only Path of the Damned affects enemy statistics.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Viral Warfare posted:

"I'll find out" is implicit unless your default assumption is that ropekid is actively malevolent. Calm your tits.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Durance is literally a hilariously racist God Warrior from Texas. Talking to him makes me wish I'd made an Orlan Cleric of Eothas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

2house2fly posted:

I didn't even know you could double click items to equip them so my save game is immaculate. I guess ignorance is bliss :smug:

I blame Sensuki's videos for telling me. This is all his fault.

• Locked thread