Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Well, that was a thing. Thank god for Satellite Cannon spam.

I could have sworn you could transform by double tapping left/right, but apparently not? I recall having fun with the DX by combining with the G-Falcon and spamming missiles, but I couldn't actually do that this time and proceeded to get wrecked because I have no idea how to use the DX.

Or the GX.

Or anything for that matter.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Iserlohn posted:

Whoa, what happened?

Blitzblast had to leave and I had to as well - since I was the room creator it probably blew the whole thing away when I disconnected. Sorry you didn't get much of a chance to play with us, though you can just join some rooms and play online with people there.

Transforming works by holding X and double tapping up but I don't remember offhand if the DX has a transform.

Next time I'll keep the room private, when we started getting people who knew what they were doing in there it got less fun (though I was only on the winning side one time out of all of them).

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Ah, well it was a good time nonetheless.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The funniest bit was probably when I panicked and dropped the GX+G-Bit Satellite Cannon... and hit all three of us.

And then while everyone was stunlocked, my AI partner F91 shot one of you with its VSBR and won the match. :v:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Dang, really upset that I missed this. Internet was pretty terrible yesterday so I spent all afternoon playing Saints Row. If Sunday afternoons keep working I'd love to keep playing.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Guys want to make it a standing thing? Sunday afternoons are usually free for me.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I could do it. I can only play for an hour if we keep starting at 1 pm pacific though.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

My schedule is open more or less with a day or two's notice.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Being an European that's around 11pm for me. I would love to join if you ever decide to do it on maybe Friday or Saturday.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I usually have Thursdays and Saturdays free, so I'm willing to get my rear end kicked by whoever is okay with constantly fighting the GX.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I'm away the next couple of weekends but can pick back up in mid-February.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

After like half an hour of screwing around, I think I got the DX down. It's not nearly as cool as swapping between the Divider and the Satellite Cannon on the fly, but it's pretty fun. As far as I can tell the TSC is basically useless because the startup takes so long there is just no way to chain into it, even with the beam saber throw stunning the opponent. Maybe EX Burst might help?

The thing seems strong at close and long range, and basically useless at mid. Three punches of No Direction combo > Beam Saber Throw > Down tilt combo does a good chunk of damage and automatically docks with the G-Falcon, so you can play a fairly amusing game of "spam beams until someone gets too close, knock them away, G-Falcon the gently caress out of there". Two slashes of Side Tilt Combo > Beam Saber Throw is also kind of neat, since it leaves the target stunned in the air for a bit. The DX can combo off it with its beam rifle (I tried to link the TSC to it, but no dice), but that leaves it kind of a sitting duck for a bit so it might be better to just use the opportunity to hightail it out of there.

One of the more annoying bits about the DX is that it's really easy to accidentally dock with the G-Falcon and then immediately split, or start up the TSC but immediately stop. I eventually figured out to stay docked you need to hold a direction, and likewise holding L2 guarantees the TSC will fire.

Now I just need to figure out how to use the Impulse and probably the FA ZZ and I'm all set. :toot:

And I imagine this is the part where somebody links me to a wiki and points out how totally wrong I am.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 29, 2015

Dol
Feb 16, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

After like half an hour of screwing around, I think I got the DX down. It's not nearly as cool as swapping between the Divider and the Satellite Cannon on the fly, but it's pretty fun. As far as I can tell the TSC is basically useless because the startup takes so long there is just no way to chain into it, even with the beam saber throw stunning the opponent. Maybe EX Burst might help?

The thing seems strong at close and long range, and basically useless at mid. Three punches of No Direction combo > Beam Saber Throw > Down tilt combo does a good chunk of damage and automatically docks with the G-Falcon, so you can play a fairly amusing game of "spam beams until someone gets too close, knock them away, G-Falcon the gently caress out of there". Two slashes of Side Tilt Combo > Beam Saber Throw is also kind of neat, since it leaves the target stunned in the air for a bit. The DX can combo off it with its beam rifle (I tried to link the TSC to it, but no dice), but that leaves it kind of a sitting duck for a bit so it might be better to just use the opportunity to hightail it out of there.

One of the more annoying bits about the DX is that it's really easy to accidentally dock with the G-Falcon and then immediately split, or start up the TSC but immediately stop. I eventually figured out to stay docked you need to hold a direction, and likewise holding L2 guarantees the TSC will fire.

Now I just need to figure out how to use the Impulse and probably the FA ZZ and I'm all set. :toot:

And I imagine this is the part where somebody links me to a wiki and points out how totally wrong I am.

Using the TSC well depends on knowing when you can fit it in outside of EX because of the long startup. Getting that right leads to you blowing off almost half of someone's health bar but it isn't really something you link into. This isn't really the case in EX however since the start-up becomes much MUCH faster and it even gains super-armour so you can be far more aggressive in it's use.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

BlitzBlast posted:

The thing seems strong at close and long range, and basically useless at mid.

Mid is actually where you want to be with the DX as far as I know. DX is a universal 3000, he can switch between front and back pretty well (and he should since he can't cut for his allies very well.) He has a really nice freefall cancel (or: amekyan) with his G-bit assist which really helps his maneuverability at that range. Airmaster Burst assist is great at mid for pressure.

The TSR isn't confirmable normally unless you go into EX (where I think you can confirm it with a rainbow step cancelled melee even), but DX gets most of his damage with a barrage of assists/sword throws/BR shots anyways. Of note: the TSR has pretty good muzzle correction so you can use it for oki if you've got the opponent knocked down near a wall.

I don't really have more advice for DX though since I honestly prefer GX.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I remote played this on my Vita a few times this week. Vita going over a G access point; PS3 is going over an N bridge. While I wouldn't want to play online with real people, it was OK for messing around against computer opponents and knocking off some Trial missions. It lagged a modest bit, less so when I set sound and video to lower quality settings. One frustration is that the PS3 notices you're Remote Playing and will "helpfully" remap the controls by removing everything mapped to the L/R 2/3 buttons. You can map the rear touchpad to those buttons (top/bottom left and right) and it controls OK.

Trip got cancelled so I will be available Sunday afternoon again, if anyone is up for it (or do something Friday/Saturday and get Demicol in on this)!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'm up for playing tonight or Saturday if anyone wants to fight the GX/DX a million times.

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.
I am down to play this Sunday, just bought a poo poo ton of the DLC so I am eager to get whomped with suits I have extra no clue how to use.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
Looks like I missed this last Sunday too if anything happened. I'm definitely interested in playing though so I'll make sure that I'm available for a time on both Saturday and Sunday if we want to.

I'll throw up a whenisgood link and its results if people wanna try to have a session this Saturday or Sunday we can make it happen.

Note that this link is based on EST at least for me, so include your timezone here if you wanna try to hop in or in the comments.

Samba De Amigo fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Feb 4, 2015

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Oh poo poo, didn't realize you guys were down for games. If ya'll need a Hyaku Shiki this weekend, I'm down. :c00l:

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
My weekends are 100% free atm and I really want to get to playing this again, so I'll hop on if you have room!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I have to pass this weekend; I'm trying to get a plastic model finished for an exhibition next Friday. Have fun, though, and let's keep doing this regularly!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Oh whoops, didn't read the timezone thing. Mine is for Pacific.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

So I don't really know what's going on with the prospective goon weekends since this thread's been dead, but I'll try and set up a room tomorrow from... I want to say noontime Pacific onwards? Eh. Either way I am out of practice once more so if anybody wants to play me I hope you're ready to get Satellite Cannoned.

(Clearly the best way to spend Valentines is robots beating other robots up.)

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I will try to join since I have next week off. I think I posted it in the beginning of the thread but my psn is DemicolJPN

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I've ended up with the last couple of weekends away from home. I will be around Monday if anyone is up for Presidents' Day robot fighting.

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.
I keep getting bogged down in home renovations all Sunday but it should be all done finally so I hope to get in again.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Well the room's up. Look for Goondam.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I dunno if that was one of you guys, but apparently my PS3's internet connection requires me to reset it every single time I want to use it if I want something resembling a good connection. I've got a yellow icon now, so hopefully we can actually play a match.

EDIT: Welp, two hours and nothing. Guess I'll close the room.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 14, 2015

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I'm snowed in today, and will be up at 5pm Eastern time in room "Goondam". PSN message me at ServiceProviderJ and I'll send you an invite.

If nobody else comes up after 30 minutes I'll probably go do something else.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.
Yo guys, me and some friends have been streaming this on Monday nights. If you wanna fight us on stream (And almost certainly beat us) PM me your PSN and check here/in game on Monday at 730pm PST.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I'm around tomorrow (Sunday March 14) and flexible on time. Anyone up for some games?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Hey so Golden Battler and I are playing a bunch of rounds. If you want to join, look for Goondam.

EDIT: Or maybe our connection will be so bad that we can't play a thing. :psyduck:

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 24, 2015

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Hey so Golden Battler and I are playing a bunch of rounds. If you want to join, look for Goondam.

EDIT: Or maybe our connection will be so bad that we can't play a thing. :psyduck:

Guys in the thread: up for something this Sunday, the 29th?

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.
I would very much be down for Sunday Gunday fun.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Not Dave posted:

I would very much be down for Sunday Gunday fun.

3pm Eastern sound good?

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.
Yeah, I can swing that.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Awesome. I'll post the room name etc when I have it up, probably 245 or so. Try "Goondam", which I still wish I'd come up with myself.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Goondam room is up.

Edit : recreated it as a private room and invited everyone in the thread, if you want in hit ServiceProviderJ on PSN or post here.

Edit 2: Thanks for coming out! I thought I set the room private but apparently not. Losing 20 times in a row does kind of suck though; I'm not good at this at all.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 29, 2015

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.
And I completely forgot about it again. Sorry for being a perpetual flake. I am really bad with keeping Gundam dates so I should probably just stop saying I'll play.

Not Dave fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Mar 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Midjack posted:

Losing 20 times in a row does kind of suck though; I'm not good at this at all.

:(::hf::(

Every time I run into somebody I can't Satellite Cannon into the ground I just get wrecked.

Part of the problem is admittedly that I keep trying to switch between the X and the Divider for elaborate combos when as far as I can tell the vanilla X is kind of rear end and the Divider is all around better, but drat it you can't stop me from trying to be stylish.

• Locked thread