Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

CalmLikeAROM posted:

Hey, I'm in need of some goon friends. I've got a ton of friend slots open, and I have most of the thread favorites- Athena, Ronia, Verdandi, Sakuya, among others, and am willing to switch active leaders on request.

My ID is 360,086,274.

I seem to recall a bunch of people rolling Muse back when he first came out. What kind of team do you put him on? I can't decide how to use him. It seems like he'd be a clear fit for Athena, but I'm reluctant to put him on that team because of his lack of light attribute.

My Muse has been kicking rear end on my L Kali team (And D Kali when I use her as a lead instead of a sub), he covers two colors I don't want to use on my rainbow teams and has an awesome active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I have Beelz as well, but rarely use him. I mostly use a maxed out LL Ra, Athena, LMeta, Shiva, and others. But I can always put Beelzebub up on request.

dwarfSA@pg
357,549,260 (NA)
Not skilled up, incidental plusses, but max level and awoken.

Feel free to add for Ra or anyone else though.

e: put in my ID wrong. loving phone posting.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Mar 29, 2015

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

I'm looking for Skuld friends, my skuld isn't fully maxed yet but I'm working on it. I'm running Horus in slot two and Skuld/Grodin in slot one most of the time these days.

My friend code: 388,643,391 (NA)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

dwarf74 posted:

I have Beelz as well, but rarely use him. I mostly use a maxed out LL Ra, Athena, LMeta, Shiva, and others. But I can always put Beelzebub up on request.

dwarfSA@pg
357,543,260 (NA)
Not skilled up, incidental plusses, but max level and awoken.

Feel free to add for Ra or anyone else though.

I'm always using you Ra. Why don't you add him and your second or third most used leaders to the list posted in the previous page?

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja
Trying to farm Naga/Echidna on this Legendary Dragon's Footprints level with 1.5x drop% chance buff, and she just wont drop for me. I have gotten 3 of the red starters, which I don't give a drat about right now. I just need an Echidna for like every team I ever want to make.

I also cleaned up my friends list, looking for L.Kali friends, Demon leaders (something that goes well with Lu Bu), Healer leaders (that go well with Valkyrie/Lmeta), and anything else that is cool as hell that will help me kill things better. I will accept anything though, so feel free to add me, I usually have a Lightning Archdemon Baal, Chibi Lmeta, Lu Bu, or L.kali set to my first 2 teams leaders. 351,355,316

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ProfessionalNinja posted:

Trying to farm Naga/Echidna on this Legendary Dragon's Footprints level with 1.5x drop% chance buff, and she just wont drop for me. I have gotten 3 of the red starters, which I don't give a drat about right now. I just need an Echidna for like every team I ever want to make.

I also cleaned up my friends list, looking for L.Kali friends, Demon leaders (something that goes well with Lu Bu), Healer leaders (that go well with Valkyrie/Lmeta), and anything else that is cool as hell that will help me kill things better. I will accept anything though, so feel free to add me, I usually have a Lightning Archdemon Baal, Chibi Lmeta, Lu Bu, or L.kali set to my first 2 teams leaders. 351,355,316

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

trucutru posted:

I'm always using you Ra. Why don't you add him and your second or third most used leaders to the list posted in the previous page?
Glad he's helping! He's going Awoken soon as it gets over here, but I'll be switching my L/D Ra (also max skill) over to L/L then. :)

And I went ahead and added myself. Thanks for the pointer. I don't keep up with this thread as much as I should.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

dwarf74 posted:

Glad he's helping! He's going Awoken soon as it gets over here, but I'll be switching my L/D Ra (also max skill) over to L/L then. :)

And I went ahead and added myself. Thanks for the pointer. I don't keep up with this thread as much as I should.

I use your Ra a bit too, even though I only have my own up occasionally :ohdear:.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

So I've run legendary seaway 5 times attempting to finally awaken my Kagu and only the blue has dropped each time, is there a reason for me to keep all five?

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
Lvl 5 of the challenge dungeon should be no problem...

Goddamnit

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Yeah, never do Level 5 of any iteration of the Challenge Dungeon without at least one max-skilled poison, or maybe a Shiva to turn on at Round 6 and sweep through to the boss.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
For the record, thanks to everybody so far who's been helping me out with my team building. Monogreen's coming along pretty nicely, and I'm SLOWLY learning how to use a Rainbow Team. Once GZL and Avalon Drake get maxed, hopefully I'll be able to get past Starlight Sanctuary and hit those Normal dungeon "Descends." Got another question, though: I got an Ancient Green Sacred Mask from the Evo PAL machine and I'm wondering if I should keep it in case of future evos. Because the fact that it's got the same ability as Avalon Drake is making it REALLY tempting to try (and probably fail) to get a skill up...

EDIT: Never mind, did it anyway. And it actually got me a skill up! :getin:

Dragomorph fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 30, 2015

Brood
May 27, 2007
Pip Pip, Wot Wot

McSharpie posted:

Goddamnit

This is the exact reason I consider shoving Droidragon into my team every time Challenge Dungeons come around. Those little bastards hit like trucks and take way too long to kill. And god help me if I'm unlucky enough to get four of them in a wave.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Put together a Grodin team to take on Celestial Black Dragon tomorrow, but I kind of realized, is Zaerog even used for anything? Is there any point in running that dungeon more than once?

Windmaster Manwe
Oct 30, 2012

Maybe I could show God some jammin' Latin rhythm, ja?

McSharpie posted:

Goddamnit

Exact same thing happened to me. I need to remember to bring Lilith on dungeons like this.

Also I added myself to the list, but I don't have a whole lot of friend space open due to being pretty new and not wanting to spend stones on friend slots. Thanks everyone for putting up Beelz, there are currently quite a few things that I say to myself "I could totally do this if I had some more health," so Beelz should help out quite a bit.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

change my name posted:

Put together a Grodin team to take on Celestial Black Dragon tomorrow, but I kind of realized, is Zaerog even used for anything? Is there any point in running that dungeon more than once?

People use samurai Zaerog as a poverty farming leader, but if you have alternatives he won't be useful to you.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

I hope I get a red/green dragon fruit from this rare evo machine because I really want to ult evo my Graviton Dragon.

Shevmo
Jan 19, 2015
Oof. Gotta hit up twinlits on Friday and pray an Angelit drops so I can evo Athena. I apparently used the one I was holding onto at some point.

Unknown_PC
Oct 9, 2002

What do you mean it's not done!?

change my name posted:

Are skill up rates the same for every monster? For instance, I've always fed my echidna and neptune tons of skill-up fodder during x2 events and never, ever ever ever had either of them gain a skill level. It's making me wonder if some of them are weighted more heavily that others... or I might just be really unlucky.

Yes for the most part.

Supposedly 7-stars have lower chance of skilling up, but JP players are still trying to get more sample sizes for this. You can see some of Mix's data here:
https://twitter.com/Mix246Sameplace/status/573676636022792192/photo/1

These are fed in batches of 5 fodders over two 2.5x skill-up events. You can see lower rates of 2~3 skill-ups for 7-stars in 588 batches.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, this game is finally puzzle & dragon (balls).

I made a makeshift dragon team with Horus as the leader and teamed with Vegito. Such bullshit. The highest stats in the game, DQXQ's leader skill (with 4.5x for dragons), and an active that hits hard, pierces defense, and delays for a turn. Plus 2 TPA, 2 fingers, 2 skill ups, and a random red row.

And the weirdest thing is that he's just part of the new normal. L.Kali (the healer) hits harder than him, Juggler is in another whole level of bullshit and then you have neo-Ra.

Like, I am not even really that tempted to roll for new leaders when I know the next batch is gonna be even more ridiculous. Now, subs, those I roll for.

Plonk
Jun 27, 2009

Unknown_PC posted:

Yes for the most part.

Supposedly 7-stars have lower chance of skilling up, but JP players are still trying to get more sample sizes for this. You can see some of Mix's data here:
https://twitter.com/Mix246Sameplace/status/573676636022792192/photo/1

These are fed in batches of 5 fodders over two 2.5x skill-up events. You can see lower rates of 2~3 skill-ups for 7-stars in 588 batches.

Whoa what? That's brand new information. That's even more annoying than the baby Tamadra rate nerf.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Honestly it's probaby just a sample size issue. Notice that they have the highest 1/5 rate and second highest 4/5 rate as well.

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004

Oooh, awesome. That will make it a lot less painful.

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005

Plonk posted:

Whoa what? That's brand new information. That's even more annoying than the baby Tamadra rate nerf.

Can someone in this thread who understands statistics (logical thought in the mobile slot machine thread, lol) analyze this? Like just intuitively to me, the comparitively higher recorded rate of getting 1 skillup is just as conspicuous as the lower rates of getting 2 or 3 skillups. But more importantly, all of that seems irrelevant since if you assume that each monster fed applies the skillup chance independently, you're going to need at least a couple orders of magnitude more feeds to get a representative sample of clusters of five feeds.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Red (and light) noel present eggs in Japan. Just what Goku needs once he's evolved friday. :getin:

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

trucutru posted:

Haha, this game is finally puzzle & dragon (balls).

I made a makeshift dragon team with Horus as the leader and teamed with Vegito. Such bullshit. The highest stats in the game, DQXQ's leader skill (with 4.5x for dragons), and an active that hits hard, pierces defense, and delays for a turn. Plus 2 TPA, 2 fingers, 2 skill ups, and a random red row.

And the weirdest thing is that he's just part of the new normal. L.Kali (the healer) hits harder than him, Juggler is in another whole level of bullshit and then you have neo-Ra.

Like, I am not even really that tempted to roll for new leaders when I know the next batch is gonna be even more ridiculous. Now, subs, those I roll for.

Do you think they'll ever rerun that collab, or will they just leave the present population of Jugglers as the max.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Looks like we're getting a double Godfest this time:

March 31 - Angels 2.0/Egyptian 1.0 (Metatrons at 1x rates)
April 1 - Angels 2.0/Egyptian 2.0 (Odins at 1x rates)

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

this thing is a loving lie. i've been trying to get a verche all day with no luck

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Can someone explain damage math to me? I just zero-stoned and one-shot Satan and I absolutely expected to have to stone a few times. How did I go from the 90k damage on my padherder to, loving, 6 million? That's the power of Verdandi I guess (also hypermaxed buddies)

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
Ok, still need a ton of blue xp but finally getting enough levels to make my Skuld team viable. Skuld is only level 74 but that's growing fast, the latest round of tamadramails let me finish awakening her.

I am looking for friends with compatible leads, Mono blue or blue friendly God boosters

Other Skulds, Karin, Blodin, BValk, Hermes, Sarasvati, Muse, I&I, many other things I'm not thinking of.

328 543 324

I always run a max lvl/max awoken Rodin in my team1 slot.

When I'm not running Skuld, that leader slot is mostly max lvl/awoken Devibastet

Even if you don't have one of those leads or are lower level please friend me I have lots of slots open!

ATP_Power posted:

I'm looking for Skuld friends, my skuld isn't fully maxed yet but I'm working on it.

My friend code: 388,643,391 (NA)

Nice, Skuld buddy. added you.

Squinky v2.0 fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Mar 30, 2015

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Jinnigan posted:

Can someone explain damage math to me? I just zero-stoned and one-shot Satan and I absolutely expected to have to stone a few times. How did I go from the 90k damage on my padherder to, loving, 6 million? That's the power of Verdandi I guess (also hypermaxed buddies)

Damage math is an arcane and complicated thing, but here's the gist of it.

A single 3 orb match will do exactly the damage that is listed as your attack.

Every additional orb in a match adds 25% damage to only that match

Every additional combo adds 25% damage to all damage that turn.

Enhanced orbs add 6% damage per enhanced orb to only the damage from the match they are included in. The entire match also gets a 4% (5% after a future patch) damage bonus for each enhanced orb awakening on your team. So, a 4 orb match with a team that has 5 enhanced orb actives would have its damage multiplied by 1.44 total (1.49 after the patch).

Prongs are multiplicative and multiply the damage of only the 4 orb match by 1.5x per prong.

Rows are additive and the total bonus is applied to all damage of that color that turn. Each awakening adds 10% per row made. So if you have 6 row awakenings and make 1 row match, all damage is multiplied by 1.6x, two rows multiplies by 2.2x and three rows multiplies it by 2.8x

Actives that boost the damage of a color will only boost that color, as opposed to leaderskills which boost all damage done by the monster.

Actives that boost types do boost all damage done by a monster.

So to one-shot Satan with your 90k team attack, here's what could have happened. I'll assume that your Verdandi team has each sub with a prong, 6 orb enhance awakenings and a 2x type boost or something like that.

So you use the 2x type boost after getting a good board from Verdandi's active. You enhance green and combo into a 6 combo with three prong matches. Each match was a 4 match with a prong and there were three of them, so that is a boost of 1.25*1.5*3=5.625 Oh, but those were all enhanced so multiply that again by 1.48 bringing the damage multiplier right now to 8.325. Your 90k base damage is now pumped up to 749.25k damage. 6 combos means that that damage is multiplied by 2.25x, bringing the damage to ~1.690 million, which would then be multiplied by 2 to deal 3.3 million damage, which is about half of Satan's health.

Of course, Satan is a no rcv dungeon, so you wouldn't want to leave unnecessary hearts on the board. Let's assume you got a better verdandi board, then, where you could do something like this:

code:
G G G G R R
R R R R G G
G G G G R G
R R R R G G
G G G G R G
(note, I have no fuckin idea how to deal with board changers and am sure that there are better ways)

So you take this board and enhance it and use your damage boost and your base damage is now multiplied by the 8.325 from before times 4/3 which brings it up to 11.1x damage, raising your damage to right around 1 million, which will then be multiplied by 4.5 which still isn't quite enough! Luckily, Satan is a no-rcv dungeon which means that it's a skyfall-heavy place, so let's assume that the red and green orbs left over from that combo do some stuff and your total combo count is pushed up to 6 with an additional 3 orb green match. This boosts your base damage multiplier to 12.52 (11.1+1.42) and your combo bonus to a neat 3x, so 90k*12.52*3*2=6.76 million damage, enough to 1-shot Satan!

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Jinnigan posted:

As far as I know, Padherder only uses the base leader skill multiplier for the damage section of teams. Doesn't take prongs, boosts from skills, or combo bonus damage into account.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

ProfessionalNinja posted:

Oooh, awesome. That will make it a lot less painful.

Ah, the innocence of youth...

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004

tzirean posted:

Ah, the innocence of youth...

I meant it in the sense of, instead of feeling like slamming my face into a spiked brick wall, it will feel like slamming my face into a wooden plank with tacks instead.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Karnegal posted:

Do you think they'll ever rerun that collab, or will they just leave the present population of Jugglers as the max.

That collab re-appears every eights months or so. It is quite the cash cow so it'll be back with some new REM-bait. The other frequent offenders are Shinra Basho and DBZ. The one collab that I heard rumors won't ever come back is the Hello Kitty one, since (and this was the rumor) they had some problem with the licensing and such.

DaveWoo posted:

Looks like we're getting a double Godfest this time:

March 31 - Angels 2.0/Egyptian 1.0 (Metatrons at 1x rates)
April 1 - Angels 2.0/Egyptian 2.0 (Odins at 1x rates)

Eh, double meh to me. I already have the Egyptians I want (And have resigned myself to never having Bastet) and the Angels 2.0 are not my thing. No snake-butts no whaling.

I'll give it the typical courtesy roll, see if I get a nice surprise but that's it (It's gonna be that drat Famiel)

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Mar 30, 2015

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Ugh, I wish the invade rate on the spirit jewels wasn't such garbage when it's one you need. It doubly sucks because Satan is such an easy descended too. At least one of my dozen runs today paid off and I got Beelz ulted, just wish I could have grabbed a few more to be ready for Parvati as soon as she comes around.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Vidmaster posted:

Ugh, I wish the invade rate on the spirit jewels wasn't such garbage when it's one you need. It doubly sucks because Satan is such an easy descended too. At least one of my dozen runs today paid off and I got Beelz ulted, just wish I could have grabbed a few more to be ready for Parvati as soon as she comes around.

Genbu didn't show up until the tenth run for me. I still need one more to be ready for Parvati, and I may need more once Bastet rolls around.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, 3x +eggs normal dungeons is over in JP. It has been replaced with 5x +eggs technicals but, let's be clear here, 5x +eggs technicals is complete poo poo compared to 3x normals, like, there is no comparison.

Here is 7daysOf3x_noStones.png

I would have gotten a few more but I had to use some stamina to run the challenge dungeons.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

trucutru posted:

So, 3x +eggs normal dungeons is over in JP. It has been replaced with 5x +eggs technicals but, let's be clear here, 5x +eggs technicals is complete poo poo compared to 3x normals, like, there is no comparison.

Here is 7daysOf3x_noStones.png

I would have gotten a few more but I had to use some stamina to run the challenge dungeons.

So ummm is that gonna be a thing stateside :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Karnegal posted:

So ummm is that gonna be a thing stateside :stare:

In 2016 sure

• Locked thread