Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Xelkelvos posted:

You'd have to prompt viewers almost every episode though.

No. Just establish to any nerds who care enough to get upset that the movies represent Earth 1 while the TV shows represent Earth 2. It's not like either would have any impact on the other.

Actually, now that I think about it, why even bother with some kind of bullshit multiverse explanation? Just have them be completely separate. If anyone is too dumb to hash out that they're not in the same continuity then they're probably too dumb to formulate their displeasure in a way that would be comprehensible to the studio execs, anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I hope the fan backlash against The Flash is huge and people boo them when they premiere at a Con, because that's so incredibly lovely to do. It just is.

The only way they can save this Debacle is if they make the Film about Wally West but that is not going to happen at all.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Hollismason posted:

I hope the fan backlash against The Flash is huge and people boo them when they premiere at a Con, because that's so incredibly lovely to do. It just is.

The only way they can save this Debacle is if they make the Film about Wally West but that is not going to happen at all.

Especially since N52 Wally West is black and IIRC the guy they cast for the DCMU is... not.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I think the most hosed up thing is the disdain with which the higher-ups at DC seem to view their successful TV franchises. It's like they've got this idea that TV doesn't matter, so the second there's even the slightest conflict they trip all over themselves to throw their own shows under the bus.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
They basically view them as a stepchild, I could understand laying off the character if the move had just come out to maybe not avoid something??? I still don't get it but to kill the character off this far away from the film that we still don't know if they'll even make is pretty out there.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

They basically view them as a stepchild, I could understand laying off the character if the move had just come out to maybe not avoid something??? I still don't get it but to kill the character off this far away from the film that we still don't know if they'll even make is pretty out there.

The film should be out before Arrow and Flash start their next seasons, it's not that far off

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The film is pretty much a given at this point. They've already started production.

I honestly would not be surprised if there was also some pressure from Will Smith's people to trim down the Deadshot brand. Why would he want to play a character that's already being played, after all?

(I mean, that's speculation. For all I know Will Smith doesn't even know what Arrow is. It's frankly a pretty even toss-up between the weird stupid behavior of Hollywood elite and weird stupid behavior of DC/WB branding)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Valeyard posted:

The film should be out before Arrow and Flash start their next seasons, it's not that far off

The release date for Suicide Squad is August 2016. I hope we don't have to wait that long for Flash S2/Arrow S4...

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DoctorWhat posted:

The release date for Suicide Squad is August 2016. I hope we don't have to wait that long for Flash S2/Arrow S4...

Oops, I hosed up :negative:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

BrianWilly posted:

I honestly would not be surprised if there was also some pressure from Will Smith's people to trim down the Deadshot brand. Why would he want to play a character that's already being played, after all?

(I mean, that's speculation. For all I know Will Smith doesn't even know what Arrow is. It's frankly a pretty even toss-up between the weird stupid behavior of Hollywood elite and weird stupid behavior of DC/WB branding)

I don't know if this is the case, but it would make a lot of sense. Even compared to other A list actors, Will Smith is notorious for huge egotistical demands for any job he takes.

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

You know, the best part about Ray's suit is that, despite being ultra-sophisticated, it apparently has a major, glaring design flaw in the form of an external and unprotected power... thingie... that, when hit with an object, instantly causes the entire suit to shut down. No backup components or redundancy or anything. So much for the guy being a genius! :v:

Then again, I guess that's the only way they could have had Ollie win that fight, since he was so hopelessly outmatched otherwise.

I thought Felicity was going to hack it, personally.

I just don't understand how the show Gotham exists with how moronic DC upper management are about multiple versions of characters. Does that show get a pass because they think its going to be canceled or what???

ashez2ashes fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 29, 2015

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I just figured something something electromagnetic pulse.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

ashez2ashes posted:

I thought Felicity was going to hack it, personally.

I just don't understand how the show Gotham exists with how moronic DC upper management are about multiple versions of characters. Does that show get a pass because they think its going to be canceled or what???

Gotham is on a "real" network. Most of the fuckery is with the CW and cartoons where they can feel like an eight hundred pound gorilla but not have to worry about reprisals.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well also Gotham does not and never will have Batman.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Meanwhile at Queen Palmer industries:

https://twitter.com/MzKatieCassidy/status/582012673837166593?s=09

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)
I really hope we get some Nyssa fish out of water scenes.

overtone fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 29, 2015

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

SirDan3k posted:

Gotham is on a "real" network. Most of the fuckery is with the CW and cartoons where they can feel like an eight hundred pound gorilla but not have to worry about reprisals.

Not God, Grodd.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So apparently the Arrow producers have had a habit of naming each season's penultimate episode after a Bruce Springsteen song, and season 3 is no different. Episode is titled "This is Your Sword".

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Phylodox posted:

No. Just establish to any nerds who care enough to get upset that the movies represent Earth 1 while the TV shows represent Earth 2. It's not like either would have any impact on the other.

Actually, now that I think about it, why even bother with some kind of bullshit multiverse explanation? Just have them be completely separate. If anyone is too dumb to hash out that they're not in the same continuity then they're probably too dumb to formulate their displeasure in a way that would be comprehensible to the studio execs, anyways.

The people who would get mad about there being two separate universes is probably negligible at best. It's the people who'd be confused by it that are the problem. Their shear numbers is enough to provide any sort of displeasure due to their confusion. These are the same people who can't separate characters from Marvel and DC and there are the same people that populate test audiences. And it's likely more due to ignorance about the whole thing and not giving a gently caress about comics that would cause it.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
If Ferris Bueller can do two realities, so can the Flash (or whoever).

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On one hand, it's hard to imagine the kind of moron that can't separate tv and movie continuities as a matter of course. On the other, go back and look at all the people who grew up with nothing but the John Stewart Green Lantern on the cartoons trying to wrap their heads around a white Green Lantern in the movie.

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)
What was Diggle's ARGUS codename? And who took care of baby Sara while they were in Kasnia?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

overtone posted:

What was Diggle's ARGUS codename?

Black Driver.

quote:

And who took care of baby Sara while they were in Kasnia?

The babysitter.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

overtone posted:

And who took care of baby Sara while they were in Kasnia?

enraged_camel posted:

The babysitter.

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)
I was pretty sure Diggle got a codename.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

overtone posted:

I was pretty sure Diggle got a codename.

DRIVER.

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)

I looked it up and it was "Freelancer." Way less bad rear end than I expected.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

overtone posted:

Freelancer

Green Lantern

:tinfoil:

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)

Whizbang posted:

Freelancer

Green Lantern

:tinfoil:

If Arrow can't use Bronze Tiger and Deadshot, get ready for a lot of D-Tier DC villains.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

overtone posted:

If Arrow can't use Bronze Tiger and Deadshot, get ready for a lot of D-Tier DC villains.

God DC is so loving dumb.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

overtone posted:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

overtone posted:

There's nothing wrong with C and D listers as long as they're compelling.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I dunno, Bronze Tiger felt very D-list when he showed up on this show. He seemed to be simply a decent close combat fighter with non-permanent claws, i.e. a lame, non-metahuman version of Wolverine. I know that he has beaten the Batman in the comics but in Arrow he was very ordinary and not a very big threat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC2p3_OJDRw

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Just give us Sportsmaster goddammit.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
We are all going to be eating these words when we find out the next villain is DarkSeid.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

I dont know posted:

We are all going to be eating these words when we find out the next villain is DarkSeid.

They're really gonna regret putting a couch in the arrow cave.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

enraged_camel posted:

I dunno, Bronze Tiger felt very D-list when he showed up on this show. He seemed to be simply a decent close combat fighter with non-permanent claws, i.e. a lame, non-metahuman version of Wolverine. I know that he has beaten the Batman in the comics but in Arrow he was very ordinary and not a very big threat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC2p3_OJDRw

It was mostly that he was played by Black Dynamite.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Kibayasu posted:

It was mostly that he was played by Black Dynamite.

Well actually he has had other martial arts films that I'm sure weighed more heavily in the selection.

And he was Spawn.

Really he was under utilized.

If they recast him without comment as Black Manta I'd be happy. Star(ling) city has a port. And not the old clunky helmet version.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Alright, I think I've figured out why this season isn't landing for me. That moment where they just loving left Roy lying in the dirt? That's emblematic of the larger problem. This show used to have a decent bit of polish to it. It wasn't perfect, but you could tell the creative team was really putting forth effort to fill out the world and keep track of details. But at some point, they apparently decided they no longer needed to do that. And it shows. The whole show feels sloppy and careless now, like all the polish they were putting on Arrow is now going to the Flash.

Which is why I'm worried about the Flash in the wake of their latest spinoff announcement. I am not in the mood for more shows suffering from Ryan Murphy Syndrome, where the creators get a shiny new toy every year or two and totally stop giving a poo poo about the old ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

overtone posted:

Lyla's was Harbinger, though. Badass enough for both of them.

• Locked thread