Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

DGib posted:

lmao watching the young bucks is like watch a couple 13 year old suburban white kids having a slap fight

What, exactly, didn't you like about tonight's show? What do you consider your pro wrestling platonic ideal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*
More flips = better than

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

DGib posted:

also who is "we" exactly?

Those of us that like over the top silly things and indy flippy poo poo.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

DGib posted:

HHH and Sting was fun for nostalgia fuckfest reasons yes. The pageantry of wrestling is my fave.

also who is "we" exactly?

You're loving terrible at refraining from posting.

wait, I figured it out, you don't know what refraining means. It means stopping. That you're going to stop posting.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Alain Post posted:

the blood was such a part of the match psychology that it'd be really surprising to me if it was hardway

Can you imagine if they had stopped the match for the doctor to check on Brock and stop the bleeding? :allears:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

superkicks? yes please.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

DGib posted:

should have put up a trigger warning

my gently caress up man

between this and "hugbox" i'm assuming you have opinions about gaming journalism

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Dr. rear end posted:

between this and "hugbox" i'm assuming you have opinions about gaming journalism

I don't really care.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Lesnar is still the best seller.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

superkicks? yes please.

Only if I can get them in party size.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Dr. rear end posted:

I do not want to post with sheeple who have the wool pulled over their eyes

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

just call me the gooker cause im gobblin them flips

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dr. rear end posted:

fools duped by the media!!!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Dr. rear end posted:

Dude he's got more opinions than I've ever had and they're all somehow wronger than mine too. And for those psp posters who have been around for a while, that is saying a whole lot.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Can you imagine if they had stopped the match for the doctor to check on Brock and stop the bleeding? :allears:

Has this whole thing kinda gone away on most shows? It seems like we've seen a bit more blood lately in general. But maybe I'm just noticing it more?

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Orgophlax posted:

Lesnar is still the best seller.

I don't know how he stays so sharp only wrestling 4 or so times a year. He's the goddamn best it's insane.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can I just say I think Reigns deserves some props for his part in the main? I'm pretty sure some of that was at least quasi-shoot (dude lost a tooth, wrecked Brock's eye, and Brock ragdolled the gently caress out of him for like 15 minutes), and Reigns did that for ostensibly nothing, and I bet he was the first one to hug Seth in the back.

But yeah IMO the visual of him SMILING at Lesnar even as he was getting murdered was the coolest thing he's done in ages, and I honestly hope the Roman hate dies down some now that he took that beating and didn't win.

DGib
Jan 22, 2010

zakharov posted:

What, exactly, didn't you like about tonight's show? What do you consider your pro wrestling platonic ideal?

None of the matches were really that interesting or even mattered except for HHH/Sting because I would have died for that whole match to happen verbatim when I was 14. the main event was great until the reigns comeback and the rollins cashin. Rollins has 0 personality which is better than reigns honestly because he has -10 personality. The curb stomp into the rko was excellent however.

I want to watch characters that are somewhat believable, not 1980's out of touch stereotypes, non scripted promos that just have the words slightly rearranged every week (seth rollins especially) and have some people who aren't the obviously handpicked corporate stooge actually matter or have realistic shots at success.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Can I just say I think Reigns deserves some props for his part in the main? I'm pretty sure some of that was at least quasi-shoot (dude lost a tooth, wrecked Brock's eye, and Brock ragdolled the gently caress out of him for like 15 minutes), and Reigns did that for ostensibly nothing, and I bet he was the first one to hug Seth in the back.

But yeah IMO the visual of him SMILING at Lesnar even as he was getting murdered was the coolest thing he's done in ages, and I honestly hope the Roman hate dies down some now that he took that beating and didn't win.

Roman can be great if he's put in a position to succeed. The anti-Roman people have fed off each other until he's become the worst jobber ever. I hope they take this opportunity to do something decent with him.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Just keep him the gently caress away from the belt and I'll gladly support Reigns again. Dude is fun but not main event fun.

DGib
Jan 22, 2010

Dr. rear end posted:

I do actually. Its really poor and people who care about it are genuinely overweight

DGib
Jan 22, 2010

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Dude he's got more opinions than I've ever had and they're all somehow wronger than mine too. And for those psp posters who have been around for a while, that is saying a whole lot.

Has this whole thing kinda gone away on most shows? It seems like we've seen a bit more blood lately in general. But maybe I'm just noticing it more?

tell me how they are wrong. I would love to hear it.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think a lot of that stuff "didnt work" because Reigns was sort of forced into a heel role with the crowd not liking him but he was doing totally babyface things. So groggily laughing things off was a good thing to do overall. I thought he did a good job of coming back from crazy poo poo while not no-selling or doing like wink-at-the-camera stuff. It goes a long way to reversing his fan reaction but I think he really needs some sort of shift in his character, at the very least get your own song and a gear change or something. All the other guys in the shield changed so it strikes me as weird

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

SamuraiFoochs posted:

reigns was great

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I thought that was a worked tooth :stare:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fibby Boy posted:

Just keep him the gently caress away from the belt and I'll gladly support Reigns again. Dude is fun but not main event fun.

Agree but the thing is I still genuinely believe he can get there. He just needs some time to get better and crowds to like him again.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

DGib posted:

None of the matches were really that interesting or even mattered except for HHH/Sting because I would have died for that whole match to happen verbatim when I was 14. the main event was great until the reigns comeback and the rollins cashin. Rollins has 0 personality which is better than reigns honestly because he has -10 personality. The curb stomp into the rko was excellent however.

I want to watch characters that are somewhat believable, not 1980's out of touch stereotypes, non scripted promos that just have the words slightly rearranged every week (seth rollins especially) and have some people who aren't the obviously handpicked corporate stooge actually matter or have realistic shots at success.

Thank you for actually articulating your thoughts.

I like Seth Rollins a lot. I think he plays a great cowardly, slimy heel. The only 80 stereotypes I saw were Cena/Rusev, and they put on a fine match with a predictable ending. I consider that match pretty much for the kids.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Wait did Reigns lose a tooth? I thought that was a gum spot

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Alain Post posted:

the blood was such a part of the match psychology that it'd be really surprising to me if it was hardway

here's the spot

unless he's a magician that's hardway

I think he caught it on the pyro setup

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Before this I was thinking, he's got great Goldbergesque offense but is not so much with selling or overall psychology.

He still has a ways to go before really getting the latter, but he made a good start tonight. I hope he gets a better push some ways down the line.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

DGib posted:

I do actually. Its really poor and people who care about it are genuinely overweight

I'm going to summon a wicca druid bear shadowwolf from the darknesse of my syoul and cast Bitchtits on you so you get fat just because you said that. Mod this druid.

Fibby Boy posted:

Whoops what was I saying about opinions five seconds ago. Roman will probably be great in like 2-3 years if he has a triple threat or something that he can work off of. The guy has some chops but they're like, itty bitty baby veal chops right now. We want them to grow up into great big steer chops. Or something. Guy needs to take his time. I'm going to go back and re-watch that match since I'm not dreading him winning and getting javelined with a sharpened beer glass. I think I'll like it a whole lot more without the worry.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
It would go a long way if Reigns was put in a position to pull out more offensive stuff. He worked in the Shield because he only had like two minutes of his signature spots and he worked tonight because thats all the offense Lesnar let him have anyway. When he has to have an overly offensive match with Big Show or whatever poo poo doesnt work

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

lol

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i'll leave you with four words

i'm glad reagan dead

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

zakharov posted:

Roman can be great if he's put in a position to succeed. The anti-Roman people have fed off each other until he's become the worst jobber ever. I hope they take this opportunity to do something decent with him.

The anti-Roman trend will die down now. The smarks had their blood sacrifice and can live with Seth as champ. Brock is still unpinned and therefore undefeated and this gives Roman a fresh start and enough time to win people over the normal way. He still needs an Austin 3:16 moment to get fully over though.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
But AJ actually came back and won, unlike Yamcha.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

What do people think DB's future is now? I thought they might keep the title on Brock and elevate the IC as a stand-in top belt, but now I have no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGib
Jan 22, 2010

zakharov posted:

Thank you for actually articulating your thoughts.

I like Seth Rollins a lot. I think he plays a great cowardly, slimy heel. The only 80 stereotypes I saw were Cena/Rusev, and they put on a fine match with a predictable ending. I consider that match pretty much for the kids.

I am really over the cowardly heel as thats been the only heel portrayed by the wwe, aside from Lesnar's monster, since the attitude era.

So its probably like I said before, I'm not in wwe's demographic anymore and they don't want me as a fan as I cannot relate to their product anymore. Sucks for me a lot because I love double double E and I was at Wrestlemania 6 and its my best memory ever.

• Locked thread