Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PowerBeard posted:

I hope it's an April Fools joke on his part.

If it is, then he put some work into it because he has been hinting for a few weeks that he was in the running for a big new role and he was rewatching all the Marvel films for inspiration. This has to be what he was talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Deadpool posted:

As with most franchise films a good chunk of that came from overseas where they'll go see just about anything. Remember that Tim Burton's movie about Alice in Wonderland made over a billion dollars that way.

Almost 200 million came domestically, even still. Ninja Turtles is still very popular with kids and I'm sure millennials on a nostalgia binge got hooked in too.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

They got the chemistry of the brothers right at least.

I hope it's not a joke, I want to see Amell is more things.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Good for him he's probably getting paid more to do the movie than he does all of a entire season of Arrow, so good for him.

He's a good actor. Also he's in Hung which is hilarious and you should watch it.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Kesper North posted:

gently caress, now I hope that shitpile does well at the box office. God damnit, Amell.

No you gotta hope it crashes and burns but people say "Casey Jones was pretty good but nothing could save this movie"

Edit: or, you know, that it's a legit good movie but I'm trying to keep things realistic here.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
New director (Not Bay), not sure who's writing it, big projects pass through a lot of hands. IDGAF about the Turtles but I'm glad Amell is making a lot of $.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Golden Bee posted:

New director (Not Bay), not sure who's writing it, big projects pass through a lot of hands. IDGAF about the Turtles but I'm glad Amell is making a lot of $.

Bay didn't direct the first one either.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Deadpool posted:

As with most franchise films a good chunk of that came from overseas where they'll go see just about anything. Remember that Tim Burton's movie about Alice in Wonderland made over a billion dollars that way.

He already conquered the DCTVU and that wasn't easy! He wanted an easy one!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

PowerBeard posted:

I hope it's an April Fools joke on his part.

That would be hilarious if true.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Variety broke the news, not Amell. It's not a joke.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Wait was this today

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Heh, if Alan Richtson signed on to voice and do mocap for Raphael then holy poo poo BMS reunion right there folks!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

overtone posted:

I'm always amazed by how much money comes from outside the US. It's why every big movie has a scene in China now.

Hey, maybe the next Ninja turtles could have a chinese Ninja Turtle. To mix things up a little they could make her a girl.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

teagone posted:

That would be hilarious if true.

It wouldn't be funny at all. It'd be really sad if he thought "I got a big role in an upcoming summer blockbuster" was a hilarious joke.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Scyantific posted:

Heh, if Alan Richtson signed on to voice and do mocap for Raphael then holy poo poo BMS reunion right there folks!

What's BMS?

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

The very underrated Blue Mountain State.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Ask Me For Warez posted:

The very underrated Blue Mountain State.

I'm pretty sure it's Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So, considering that the trailer for the rest of the season for The Flash just aired with Oliver in full LoA gear teaming up with Flash and Firestorm, what's the policy on discussing that now? Just curious.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Scyantific posted:

So, considering that the trailer for the rest of the season for The Flash just aired with Oliver in full LoA gear teaming up with Flash and Firestorm, what's the policy on discussing that now? Just curious.

The policy is don't without spoiler tags.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I might be one of the few here who enjoyed the new TMNT movie, but I'm definitely looking forward to Amell playing Casey Jones. I mean, he's Canadian, so he'll look very natural with the hockey stick and mask.

Kind of funny: I thought I was reading through the "Who Greenlighted this poo poo" thread for a while.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

boom boom boom posted:

It wouldn't be funny at all. It'd be really sad if he thought "I got a big role in an upcoming summer blockbuster" was a hilarious joke.

Nah, it'd be funny if Amell knowingly joked about being Casey Jones in the inevitably lovely sequel to the TMNT reboot and had his agent tell Variety about it for April fools. Amell tweeted about it though, so ehh. Glad he's getting a paycheck, but all signs point to the movie being completely mediocre and forgettable like the first.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

He could also be gearing up for a new gig for when they cancel Arrow and Flash so audiences don't get confused with the movie version characters.

Yo know, since that's why Suicide Squad isn't on TV anymore.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No I hadn't heard that. What insight.

April Fools! Actually that's dumb.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I forgot how brutal the arrow shot into Ray Palmer was.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Roy is alive

JAF07
Aug 6, 2007

:911:
I understand they think it looks cool, but Palmer is in v-tach on the heart monitor.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Ray's robots are basically a Fantastic Voyage scenario

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Stupid ObamaCare :argh:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

drat that Nyssa training is already paying off.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The fight scenes this year have been really good

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
I imagine that fight scene was cool, but I couldn't for the life of me tell who was who at all.

Matt Nable is the best, though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

:lol: Laurel jumped and she had no grappling hook. That's so Laurel!

I also like how the cops opened fire on Ollie as soon as they saw Black Driver.

raditts fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 2, 2015

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women
Black driver saves the day

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Black Driver Rides Again!

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Black Driver remains the best hero

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

And they left Roy behind again

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
I have a feeling Laurel isn't visiting the police station anytime soon.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Dig still has no mask...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FELD1 posted:

Dig still has no mask...

None of those cops could pick him out of a lineup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Oh, now Oliver remembers Roy :colbert:

• Locked thread