Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
According to Smackdown, Extreme Rules is headlined by Seth Rollins vs Randy Orton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Heavy Metal posted:

Roman Reigns' shameful back says otherwise. Really though, when I see Bray and Owens etc called fat I find I'm like, I dunno, would Scott Steiner say so?

Kevin Steen's my favorite wrestler outside of Japan, but c'mon, the dude's fat. He's a great wrestler and I hope he gets a real opportunity to show it, but putting him up against a guy like Brock before he's well established as a top card gu would be terrible for him.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Retromancer posted:

crazy jacked up beast versus a fat goon in gym shorts and a t shirt is gonna play great on tv.

Kevin Owens is never getting pushed on the main roster.

Owens has a younger Mark Henry-ish look and vibe to him and the roster is in desperate need of upper midcard monster heels to replace injury prone Henry, would've-retired-by-now-but-they-keep-paying-me Kane, and can barely work Big Show.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Heavy Metal posted:

Roman Reigns' shameful back says otherwise. Really though, when I see Bray and Owens etc called fat I find I'm like, I dunno, would Scott Steiner say so?

FAAAAAT ASSES

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I never saw much-to-anything of Kevin Steen, but KO is the absolute man. Maybe it's because he is down with Zayn and Balor and other small quick dudes who he works well with, but the dude is a wrecking ball.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I don't understand how guys stay fat/skinnyfat in wwe. It should be abundantly clear that Vince is a muscle psycho and they've only got a chance of making the real money if they're a protein golem or over 6'7

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Thauros posted:

Kevin Steen's my favorite wrestler outside of Japan, but c'mon, the dude's fat. He's a great wrestler and I hope he gets a real opportunity to show it, but putting him up against a guy like Brock before he's well established as a top card gu would be terrible for him.

He's a hell of a lot less fat now than he was before he got to the Performance Center, to be fair. So far HHH has really seemed to get what made Kevin Steen so great on the indies (minus the obvious PG no-nos like piledrivers and swearing) and Brock's new deal is for what, three years? I would say the potential for an Owens/Lesnar match isn't as completely crazy as you'd think before the end of Brock's contract.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Tezzor posted:

I don't understand how guys stay fat/skinnyfat in wwe. It should be abundantly clear that Vince is a muscle psycho and they've only got a chance of making the real money if they're a protein golem or over 6'7

I don't necessarily disagree but wouldn't Bray, Mankind, Lawlor, Steiner, Dudleys etc. indicate it's not always the case.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Heavy Metal posted:

What are Bray and Steen's peak to freak ratio

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Tezzor posted:

The jacked-as-gently caress Ultimate Warrior look is essentially impossible for most guys to maintain between the banned substances necessary and the road travel.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.
Fat wrestling dudes rule. Especially agile ones like Chris Hero.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Edit: but to be honest, the whole "Giant raging beast paired up with happy little girl" trope is pretty common in most fantasy/Science fiction, it's sort of surprising it doesn't show up in wrestling all that much. I dunno about Brock since he's a little too main event, but I could see a pairing of Bayley and a big monster dude work. Maybe Rowan? He already has the gentle giant thing going for him and he's pretty bottom of the card with no storyline right now.

A Bayley/Rowan team-up is something I didn't know I needed until just now.

Anime Curator posted:

i hope sheamus gets new music to go along with his new look and heel turn.

I hope it's just a downtempo remix like they've done with a bunch of other heel turns.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Peter Bazooka posted:

One of the reason I always had a soft spot for RVD. His body shape does not look like it should be doing his moveset.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

xcore posted:

One of the reason I always had a soft spot for RVD. His body shape does not look like it should be doing his moveset.

It's the power of medical marijuana

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It's not like a Chris Hero thing where they didn't know they were hiring a fat wrestler. A fat wrestler hidden inside a skinny one.

Chris Hero is fat. He's fat.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

xcore posted:

rvd isn't really fat tho

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

It's not like a Chris Hero thing where they didn't know they were hiring a fat wrestler. A fat wrestler hidden inside a skinny one.

Chris Hero is fat. He's fat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqo4OZ0Pqs

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I've met Bray, Bray has biceps bigger than your head. Yall weird.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Peter Bazooka posted:

Owens is almost down to the weight where he used to do 450 splashes and poo poo, although he'd never do that now except maybe in a hugely dramatic moment

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If they gently caress with Owens I could see Rock volunteering to job for him at a future Mania or something

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Cardboard Box posted:

rvd isn't really fat tho

I know, but he isn't exactly Rey Mysterio sized either. Dude certainly fights like i though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

If they gently caress with Owens I could see Rock volunteering to job for him at a future Mania or something

I don't think the Rock is going to take time out of his schedule to wrestle a guy who has already been sabotaged. He needs to get paid and they aren't going to pay him to wrestle a midcarder.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Cardboard Box posted:

rvd isn't really fat tho

His butt is

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

With Extreme Rules looking like Rollins and Orton will feud, I wonder where Reigns is going to end up? I can only see him in a rematch with Lesnar that seems unlikely or maybe a :lol: Big Show match.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

The long awaited Reigns vs Big Show/Kane EXTREME RULES match

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I haven't watched Raw but shouldn't the whole point of Rollins stealing the title from Reigns have been that they could now feud and give the title to Reigns like intended? And also giving the title some relevance until Brock appears again in 4 months?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

21 Hoot Salute posted:

The long awaited Reigns vs Big Show/Kane EXTREME RULES match

I think Ryback gets the one Reigns doesn't.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

xcore posted:

I haven't watched Raw but shouldn't the whole point of Rollins stealing the title from Reigns have been that they could now feud and give the title to Reigns like intended? And also giving the title some relevance until Brock appears again in 4 months?

He might. Just after Orton.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Reigns will win the title at Summerslam. This is my guess that I'm not willing to actually bet anything on.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

MassRafTer posted:

I don't think the Rock is going to take time out of his schedule to wrestle a guy who has already been sabotaged. He needs to get paid and they aren't going to pay him to wrestle a midcarder.

Yeah, and even if Rock DID take time out of his schedule to do it, as soon as Rock leaves, they'll just turn around and kill Owens' push, just like when Rock lost to put over The Hurricane, who jobbed like two weeks later to HHH.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

I am over the moon that Rollins is champ but him having Kane and Big Show as goons is making me less excited to see him on RAW or Smackdown.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

GrimGypsy posted:

With Extreme Rules looking like Rollins and Orton will feud, I wonder where Reigns is going to end up? I can only see him in a rematch with Lesnar that seems unlikely or maybe a :lol: Big Show match.

Probably Ryback/Reigns vs Kane/Show. It's a Chicago crowd so Ryback doing some cool poo poo like lifting Big Show will not cause the crowd to completely bury Roman in the match.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Niwrad posted:

Probably Ryback/Reigns vs Kane/Show. It's a Chicago crowd so Ryback doing some cool poo poo like lifting Big Show will not cause the crowd to completely bury Roman in the match.

I dunno, I doubt the crowd's love of Ryback would outweigh they're hatred of Reigns, Show, and Kane.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

CapnAndy posted:

Sasha's gonna need video packages or something, because that gimmick needs explanations.

No way, between her entrance and her body language, Sasha Banks literally needs to just walk to the ring and the audience knows who she is, what she does and why they hate her.

Sasha has the best gimmick.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Rhonne posted:

I dunno, I doubt the crowd's love of Ryback would outweigh they're hatred of Reigns, Show, and Kane.

Not quite sure about Show.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Angular Landbury posted:

No way, between her entrance and her body language, Sasha Banks literally needs to just walk to the ring and the audience knows who she is, what she does and why they hate her.

Sasha has the best gimmick.
She'll last 20 seconds before "that's Snoop Dogg's cousin, Sasha! Join the conversation using #SnoopDogg" *roll up*

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

He's a hell of a lot less fat now than he was before he got to the Performance Center, to be fair. So far HHH has really seemed to get what made Kevin Steen so great on the indies (minus the obvious PG no-nos like piledrivers and swearing) and Brock's new deal is for what, three years? I would say the potential for an Owens/Lesnar match isn't as completely crazy as you'd think before the end of Brock's contract.

Do you think Kevin Owens has a better chance than Bryan, Orton, Sheamus, Rusev, Bray, Ambrose, Dolph or Luke Harper? Because I'm pretty sure not all of those guys are gonna get to work Lesnar

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Web Jew.0 posted:

Do you think Kevin Owens has a better chance than Bryan, Orton, Sheamus, Rusev, Bray, Ambrose, Dolph or Luke Harper? Because I'm pretty sure not all of those guys are gonna get to work Lesnar

I would say recent history proves they don't give a poo poo about Harper or Ambrose, and it remains to be seen what will happen with Rusev after the Cena program wraps. The other five probably, sure, but hopefully he'll have more than 5 PPV matches over the next three years.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Web Jew.0 posted:

What about Reigns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

pressedbunny posted:

She'll last 20 seconds before "that's Snoop Dogg's cousin, Sasha! Join the conversation using #SnoopDogg" *roll up*

Yeah, that's going to be hard for her to overcome, just like Charlotte is going to have to overcome being Ric Flair's daughter. I really hope that when they hit the main roster those relations aren't pushed as their main selling points. Oddly enough, having famous relatives is probably a negative in a lot of ways that it shouldn't be.

• Locked thread