Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Would his boss be Kevin Dunn? This kinda sounds exactly like something Dunn would do.

quote:

My boss even made a joke out of me making the announcement at the TV events. He would time me and threaten to cut my microphone if I did not finish the announcement fast enough. And this cavalier attitude was especially frustrating for me. After all, it was important to the company to show this video (bordering on propaganda), and the company wanted me to say something after — but make it snappy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsTC8FJppJU&t=212s

Found this on twitter, I love how he has no qualms about talking publicly about NJPW and mentioning how cool Shinsuke Nakamura is.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Would his boss be Kevin Dunn? This kinda sounds exactly like something Dunn would do.

Hunter is EVP of Live Events and Dunn EVP of TV production. It'd logically be one of them, and probably the latter since he had no problems mentioning Triple H by name.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 3, 2015

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Thauros posted:

Found this on twitter, I love how he has no qualms about talking publicly about NJPW and mentioning how cool Shinsuke Nakamura is.
"...on NJPW World, or whatever they have..."

sure bryan, you totally don't know.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

While Bryan's wishing for poo poo that'll never actually happen, might as well fantasy book it as an IC title unification match :getin:

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Thauros posted:

Bryan needs to work harder on his pitch for an interpromotional WWE/NJPW show because I need to see him wrestle Nakamura

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Bryan/nakamura is one of like, three fantasy matches I have right now.

Bryan/Owens and Rollins/Balor are the others.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

schweens posted:

Bryan needs to work harder on his pitch for an interpromotional WWE/NJPW show because I need to see him wrestle Nakamura

What I want in my life is seeing the likes of Nakamura and Okada coming to their entrances with WWE level budgets. Rainmaker's entrance at Wrestlemania would be the greatest thing in WWE history. Big Dave will give the match 5 stars before it even started.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

schweens posted:

but if they did this wwe fans would find out what wrestling is

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Two Beans posted:

There was also his DANGER black and yellow singlet that he started using when he joined The Nation when the Rock was in charge.

That one still feels like part of the same template of "Singlet with _____ logo on chest and _____ logo on sides." Same with the Black Hart one, and when he teamed with JJ and had the big OH logo.

Fair enough on the Blue Blazer though.

EDIT - I'm glad we got talking about this, watching Owen matches on the Network now.

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 3, 2015

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Worked great for Drew McInt...oh. :eng99:

Well I didn't have anyone say no the last time I posted a Main Event link for this very reason, so here ya go wrestlefriends:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k1uh63eZ4xbXmWaDEER

Mods, if this isn't OK, let me know.

Kings of the Sky is a cool nickname for the Lucha Dragons.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Did Balor ever wrestle Nakamura in Japan, because that's one match I need to see loving yesterday

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Benne posted:

Did Balor ever wrestle Nakamura in Japan, because that's one match I need to see loving yesterday

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ix91r_shinsuke-nakamura-vs-prince-devitt-njpw_sport

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Sweet

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark

cams posted:

but if they did this wwe fans would find out what wrestling is

lol you are fuckin' whiny as poo poo. I don't even watch WWE week to week, only about 3/4 of the PPVs, because it's not my thing, but I don't feel insulted by the fact I generally don't like the product all that much.

anyway yeah, i checked out highlights of that Sheamus/Bryan match and it was dope. I'm really hoping that the IC Title just becomes the "Sheamus vs. Bryan" divison.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
I'm a connoisseur of wrestling, not this putrid Worst Wrestling Ever

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

achillesforever6 posted:

Sheamus looks like he's really enjoying being a heel

He's really good at it and I'm glad WWE brought him back as one immediately.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

I love that in NJPW the English-speaking dudes can just drop F-bombs during their matches and no one cares :allears:

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

abraham linksys posted:

I love that in NJPW the English-speaking dudes can just drop F-bombs during their matches and no one cares :allears:

Has there ever been a Wrestler in the WWE that used vulgur Foreign words and get away with it?

Cause all I want now is for a Scottish Wrestler to just shoutout Bawbag and a move called the Hurricane Bawbag since US Media didn't lookup the meaning of Bawbag during the hurricane we had here.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Ragnarok the Red posted:

He's really good at it and I'm glad WWE brought him back as one immediately.

it was a pretty necessary move to freshen him up even with all the time gone, plus the roster really needs some credible heels near the top of the card

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I always dug heel Sheamus in the WWECW days. I liked when he carried a pipe around and would wreck HHH with it. It was way less goofy than hitting someone with a sledgehammer.

DannoMack posted:

He's an idiot who won't stop doing the things that are severely damaging his body

LiterallyTheEntireWrestlingIndustry.txt

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Extreme0 posted:

Has there ever been a Wrestler in the WWE that used vulgur Foreign words and get away with it?

Cause all I want now is for a Scottish Wrestler to just shoutout Bawbag and a move called the Hurricane Bawbag since US Media didn't lookup the meaning of Bawbag during the hurricane we had here.

I think just a week or two ago someone was talking about how they couldn't believe Barret or somebody else who speaks British was using British versions of words that mean bad things or whatever without being censored.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
There have definitely been instances of bloody hell, wanker, sodding, etc. There's been the occasional vine of Paige calling the Bellas slags. Bushwhackers dropped buggering last week. I get the impression WWE knows they can get away with those on US TV.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I've heard Barrett say bollocks a few times too.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Del Rio used to curse up a storm in Spanish.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0OH4ZsSxCw

Looks like he's a bug loving dummy who was head butting for real.

I thought he said we wanted to stop doing that?

Can't have been the headbutts, if they were why did it do nothing to Shaemus unless he actually IS made of alabaster.

sticklefifer posted:

I've heard Barrett say bollocks a few times too.

Yeah, Barrett used to get away with bollocks quite regularly until someone in creative googled it.

Sex Robot fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Apr 3, 2015

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!
I rather surprised there was nothing about the Bray/Undertaker and HHH/Sting aftermaths this week. At the very least you would think there would have been a promo from HHH about how he's the best or something.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

quote:

At the Hall of Fame, the security people were alerted at every entrance and told that if Scott Steiner came to the show, to not under any circumstances allow him in. People who were backstage noted, and a photo reached social media taken at one of the entrances to the arena, which instructed security to keep him out with a photo of him. I don’t know all the details, but it stemmed from what was reportedly an ugly incident, that may have been on an airplane with Jennifer Bollea, Hulk’s wife, and it became a huge issue.

:wcw:

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

:allears:

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I love this wrestlin business. This stupid stupid industry full of horrible and hilarious people.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

uncleKitchener posted:

I love this wrestlin business. This stupid stupid industry full of horrible and hilarious people.

Is there a Scott Steiner.text somewhere? That would be rad.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DrWrestling69 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFoC3TR5rzI

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

DrWrestling69 posted:

Yeah we made a huge list in an old thread. Let me quote it all for you:

Big Bad Booty Daddy posted:

HEH

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

schweens posted:

I'm already picturing a spot where they both run and hit their knee moves simultaneously, Bryan going high and Nakamura going low, or Bryan hitting him first and Nakamura hitting Bryan in the head on the way down. Or Bryan jumps and just misses Nakamura while he's going for his lower knee and then they stare each other down.

So yeah, this would be awesome, obviously, and drat you Bryan for making me sad that it'll never happen.Something for the TEW present day thread to get to eventually, I guess.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Just imagine Bryan and Nakamura co-headlining with AJ and Seth wrestling to a draw in the main. An interpromotional PPV would be the absolute raddest poo poo that could happen in modern wrestling and it 100% would never happen. Vince wouldn't have the balls.

Reverse psychology works and Vince reads PSP, right?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Just imagine Bryan and Nakamura co-headlining with AJ and Seth wrestling to a draw in the main. An interpromotional PPV would be the absolute raddest poo poo that could happen in modern wrestling and it 100% would never happen. Vince wouldn't have the balls.

Reverse psychology works and Vince reads PSP, right?

Well lets be frank here, they'd probably headline with Tanahashi/Cena

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

it's less vince "not having the balls" i think and more that wwe often likes to pretend that wrestling doesn't exist outside of it, and the fact that they have no major competition and will more or less always do steady business by being the only game in town means they don't have to take risks. the only time wwe willingly did interpromotional stuff was when they were getting stomped by nitro and were doing anything to drum up interest.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

JR was trying to push NJPW sending Okada to WWE on an excursion apparently, if that counts.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Things that totally haven't been overdone on the internet:
1) Inter-Promotional Supercard Booking
2) Assholes whining about Inter-Promotional Supercard Booking

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

3) guys complaining about things being overdone on the internet

Adbot