Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Yeah basically everyone caught that the instant it appeared and we all decided as a group that nobody on the show would allow that so it was something Tom Cavanaugh did on his own that everybody missed.

That's the goon hive-opinion so learn it. live it.

Care to explain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

richardfun posted:

Care to explain?

Are... are you asking to be goatse'd? :confused:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Sekkira posted:

If you try to find a scientific explanation of what he does other than speed force, you're going to find a lot of things are impossible.

This being the entire reason for speed force in the first place. It's a way of saying quit thinking about it, nerds.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Ville Valo posted:

Are... are you asking to be goatse'd? :confused:

Well, when you put it that way, no. I just never got the reference with that screenshot.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

Incidentally this is really loving amazing scene composition and cinematography for a loving TV show.

As someone who's eager to learn about this cinematograpy, do you mind elaborating why it's so impressive?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mortanis posted:

The bioelectric friend thing is an actual Superman answer to how does he not splatter people like wet bags of meat against his arms of steel when saving them. He extends his bioelectric field of course!

Tactile telekinesis is dumb

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=824322017660103

New trailer for the upcoming episode on the 14th.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

It's hard to get hyped when a new episode is so far away but :flashfap:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

McCloud posted:

As someone who's eager to learn about this cinematograpy, do you mind elaborating why it's so impressive?

somethingsomething leading lines and framing, and symmetry of patterns, and shot viewpoint to accentuate the character and mood of the scene which also helps to simplify the shot.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

hiddenriverninja posted:

From the trailer: http://imgur.com/rvbazh8

Eobard doing his best Voldemort impression while inside a Pipeline cell. Looks like his transformation is failing (I don't see why it would) or that he tried to become someone else (Eddie?) and it didn't work out.

edit: Squidward

I'm betting this is CW Mirror Master. He's a meta that can telepathically make people think he's whoever, but that's how he actually looks.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
My headphones are shot right when this trailer drops, who can effortpost a transcript?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Solaris Knight posted:

My headphones are shot right when this trailer drops, who can effortpost a transcript?

I can give you the gist of it, which is Barry thinks that Cisco and Caitlin are knowingly helping Reverse Flash, and then a quick shot of Wells asking Barry "are you sure that's wise, Barry?"

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I dont know posted:

This being the entire reason for speed force in the first place. It's a way of saying quit thinking about it, nerds.

I still find it highly amusing to read up on what would actually happen if the flash did thing. Such as I'm sure he'd shoot off the planet just by any super fast acceleration he pulls off all the time.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Valeyard posted:

I can give you the gist of it, which is Barry thinks that Cisco and Caitlin are knowingly helping Reverse Flash, and then a quick shot of Wells asking Barry "are you sure that's wise, Barry?"

Don't be so sure on that first part. Trailers are notoriously deceptive.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

tsob posted:

What's strange in that scene? Also, how did Reverse Flash beat himself up if one of them was a hologram/speed projection? If Reverse Flash was a hologram then none of the hits should have done any actual damage but we saw some, if Well was was the projection then why did he have damage a short while later when we see him? Was the damage from his fight with the Flash? I thought he only got hit by Firestorm successfully in that fight, and never by Barry.

Maybe he just beat himself up and made a few bruises and cuts to make it look authentic at some point I suppose.
This is what I figured. Reverse Flash is the hologram, Wells says his lines and speeds in when the hologram blinks out, then while his hologram does the punching he pantomimes getting thrashed while occasionally giving himself a superspeed bruise or cut.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

My favorite things from the ep was not only was the beat cop Bellows from the 90s Flash series now mayor (I wonder if his partner Murphy works for him), and the shots of 90s Trickster, but they used nearly the same line of dialogue too.

"James Jesse, only more twisted".

In the original show, it was something like "James Jesse. Like Jesse James, only twisted."

Seriously, I'm waiting for them to reveal that there was a vigilante in Central City decades before called Nightshade.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Sekkira posted:

I still find it highly amusing to read up on what would actually happen if the flash did thing. Such as I'm sure he'd shoot off the planet just by any super fast acceleration he pulls off all the time.

I've always wanted to see a fictional world where people have superpowers but without the usual caveats that negate the logical downsides. For example, the Flash and most other speedsters are essentially portrayed as time manipulators and not just extremely fast people. They can do normal things at hypervelocity while simultaneously perceiving the world in slow motion, like fast-forwarding a video recording but also pausing on a precise frame, which is pretty much the exact opposite of how increasing physical speed and reacting to rapid events actually works.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Marvel did a thing like that and MJ died from Peter's radioactive sperm.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What? That wouldn't happen. She would gain the proportional strength of spiderman's dick.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

McSpanky posted:

I've always wanted to see a fictional world where people have superpowers but without the usual caveats that negate the logical downsides. For example, the Flash and most other speedsters are essentially portrayed as time manipulators and not just extremely fast people. They can do normal things at hypervelocity while simultaneously perceiving the world in slow motion, like fast-forwarding a video recording but also pausing on a precise frame, which is pretty much the exact opposite of how increasing physical speed and reacting to rapid events actually works.

In the first two seconds of this world, every speedster dies as they inadvertently launch themselves through a brick wall.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

McSpanky posted:

Or have the Flash analogue be a family of super-scientists. The suit is a time-altering device that simulates super-speed, but the wearer experiences time at the same rate while it's on, so you have this continual hand-me-down thing going as Flash XIII ages 50 years over a 10-year 'career'

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kin posted:

That temporarily brings everything he touches up to the same speed that he's moving. Otherwise he'd rip people apart, blow them up, do all manner of crazy poo poo.

He touches the coffee machine while fast, now the coffee machine and it's components are fast. He picks up a jug of water, the jug and it's contents are all fast.

Simple.

a speed force did it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Taskmaster can do that, I think. He can copy superspeed but not the protection from it so he can only use limited bursts or he would tear himself apart.

If it's not him it's someone with a similar power.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

What? No episode this week?

GRODD DAMMIT

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

WarLocke posted:

I'm betting this is CW Mirror Master. He's a meta that can telepathically make people think he's whoever, but that's how he actually looks.

They said at some convention that Mirror Master was one of their plans for next year.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

McCloud posted:

goatse

goatse again

Seriously man this poo poo is brilliant what is not to get

Actually what's brilliant is that these are both really interesting compositions to look and stare at, and we have all stared at them for months, but despite all the scrutiny nobody noticed that RF casts no shadow, which is a pretty crucial thing to miss, I bet the storyboarder, cinematographer and production team are all laughing their asses off because it's a great hat trick of misdirection. That super important aspect of the 2nd shot is right there in the foreground, brightly illuminated, but the composition naturally makes you follow RF's gaze and look away from that to the cops in the background.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 5, 2015

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Deadpool posted:

They said at some convention that Mirror Master was one of their plans for next year.

Also, i thought mirror master was a guy that could jump from reflective surface to reflective surface, not telepathically trick people into thinking he's someone else?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Kin posted:

Also, i thought mirror master was a guy that could jump from reflective surface to reflective surface, not telepathically trick people into thinking he's someone else?

Eh, I don't know much about the character, just engaging in idle brainstorming.

Wonder what melty guy is then...

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Maybe that blind dude from Agents of Shield ended up teleporting over to their universe.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Maybe that blind dude from Agents of Shield ended up teleporting over to their universe.

"*bamf* I heard there were Inhumans here!"

"Metahumans. Meta humans."

"Oh. ... ... Well, bye, then. *bamf*"

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Deadpool posted:

Yeah, at wondercon. MM, Doc Alchemy, and some enemy who people are going to freak the gently caress out over. Also, the exec producer mentioned this

quote:

He said DC and Geoff Johns opened up everything to them for the show; nothing is off limits. If something exists in the Flash universe, they can use it.

So it looks like DC is accepting that the TV and movie universes will be entirely self-contained, and unless the studio pitches a fit and demands the show get rid of a villain they want to use in the movie (which is, what 4-5 years down the line, if that?) it looks The Flash could become the gold standard of comic book shows.

Also, I didn't see it mentioned, but at the con they also talked about how in the flashback fight the Red Flash had a white emblem on his chest, not a red and yellow one.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Kin posted:

He can create illusions, I actually think the episode with the guy who could duplicate himself was basically a trial run at his special power special effects wise without using Mirror Master.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

pentyne posted:

So it looks like DC is accepting that the TV and movie universes will be entirely self-contained, and unless the studio pitches a fit and demands the show get rid of a villain they want to use in the movie (which is, what 4-5 years down the line, if that?) it looks The Flash could become the gold standard of comic book shows.

They also said this about Arrow at first with the only exceptions being Superman and Batman. And we see how that has now turned out. We have at least four additional characters off limits there because of movies and maybe even a fifth. Don't be surprised in a couple years when it starts affecting this show too at some level.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Deadpool posted:

They also said this about Arrow at first with the only exceptions being Superman and Batman. And we see how that has now turned out. We have at least four additional characters off limits there because of movies and maybe even a fifth. Don't be surprised in a couple years when it starts affecting this show too at some level.

If they gave Reverse Flash a break from the TV show so as to portray him in the movie, I think I could deal with that :flashfap:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Sweet, more DC properties employing the ol' BatEmbargo from JLU.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Deadpool posted:

I know they killed Deadshot because of the SS movie, but who are the other 3?

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)

pentyne posted:

I know they killed Deadshot because of the SS movie, but who are the other 3?

Bronze Tiger and Deathstroke are no longer on Arrow.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, I haven't watched Arrow yet, but to be fair, even WHEN there is a body in the comics we have people coming back left and right.

Wouldn't really be a reach of the medium to have someone come back and everyone be all BUT YOU WERE DEAD and then they have some technobabble explanation as to why they are not, in fact, dead and how the hero is a moron for thinking that.

Hell, Smallville dropped in mirror universe people when they needed to bring back Lionel.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Also in the second season there was a strong possibility of bring Harley Quinn on for more then just a voice cameo, but they have since said DC has given them a firm no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

overtone posted:

Bronze Tiger and Deathstroke are no longer on Arrow.

Deathstroke is the maybe. The other four are Ted Kord (they replace with Ray Palmer), Harley Quinn, Deadshot, and Bronze Tiger. You could also probably count the Suicide Squad as a name and concept as it was written off the show in the episode Deadshot died in. And rumors are they can't use Huntress anymore either though that should make most fans as happy as the Harley Quinn ban makes me. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Amanda Waller go away.

It'll be interesting to see if Boomerang ever comes back.

X-O fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 6, 2015

• Locked thread