Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Blitz7x posted:

According to some random website, Tyrol Taylor might be the Bills starting QB this year

Welcome back, Jesus

http://mobile.sportingnews.com/arti...utm_medium=mweb

I miss Tuel Time :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

axeil posted:

I miss Tuel Time :sigh:

It was one game and it was horrible

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Blitz7x posted:

According to some random website, Tyrol Taylor might be the Bills starting QB this year

Welcome back, Jesus

http://mobile.sportingnews.com/arti...utm_medium=mweb

???

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
There's gotta be some kind of rule against Cylons being on an NFL roster, right?

It's been 5 years, past the statute of limitations

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
"There must be some kind of way out of here" as the line collapses

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

whypick1 posted:

There's gotta be some kind of rule against Cylons being on an NFL roster, right?

It's been 5 years, past the statute of limitations

nerd poo poo; who cares

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Meh. We already have E.J. Manuel, do we really need another (thus far) uninspiring QB from the same draft?
I mean, that doesn't mean they won't trade for him, because we're apparently collecting mediocre-to-bad quarterbacks in the hopes of stitching the parts together into some kind of Frankenstein's monster Peyton Manning knock-off, but we already have three QBs competing for the starting job. How many more practice reps do we have to go around?

Manuel is a write off, Cassel is a two year stopgap at best, and as much as I love me some tyrod time if he actually sees the field you guys are hosed. I don't see you guys finishing bottom ten with that defense, coach staff, and offensive stockpile so unless there's another teddy Bridgewater you're looking at drafting a project. Glennon has shown potential and that's more then any of the other bills QB crop can say.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

shiksa posted:

nerd poo poo; who cares

Multi-page discussion of loving anime and one of the best shows of the past decade gets written off as nerd poo poo. Come on now.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Spoeank posted:

Multi-page discussion of loving anime and one of the best shows of the past decade gets written off as nerd poo poo. Come on now.

BSG's final season was pretty poo poo, though.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Spoeank posted:

Uh, anime is for super cool sex-havers. Battlenerd McGalaxy is for dweebs.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

warcrimes posted:

BSG's final season was pretty poo poo, though.

I won't say it was *total* poo poo, but definitely the weakest season, I'll admit.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

BSG's 4th season is way better when marathoning it. The finale is complete illogical garbage no matter how you cut it though.

Edit: vvvv usually the middle of April, so before.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Apr 6, 2015

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Does the NFL Schedule usually come out before or after the draft?

I really hope that the Broncos/Chargers game is the same weekend of my best friend's wedding so I don't have to sit through that poo poo again at that horrible loving stadium

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Pretty sure schedule comes out May/June timeframe.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

EvilBeard posted:

The Andre the Giant story just makes me pissed that ESPN passed on the 30 for 30 about Andre the Giant.

Wait, what? They passed on Andre the Giant? What rear end in a top hat made that decision? That's one of the easiest no brainer topics I can think of.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

whypick1 posted:

I won't say it was *total* poo poo, but definitely the weakest season, I'll admit.

Really? Starbuck is an angel(I think) is all that really needs be said.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

SA2K posted:

it's different when you have money on it jerk

protip: never bet on your own team, noob

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Wait, what? They passed on Andre the Giant? What rear end in a top hat made that decision? That's one of the easiest no brainer topics I can think of.

The WWE won't give them tape access. They wanted to do a Monday Night Wars one also, but same story. The WWE controls pretty much every wrestling territory tape archive except Memphis and they don't share often.

ESPN did a lot for Wrestlemania this year so maybe they can work together on something. But I am not sure why the WWE would give up either of those documentaries to someone else when they make their own all the time. I am sure there would have to be a lot of promotion and coverage by ESPN in order for the WWE to let them make an Andre the Giant 30 for 30 (which I would watch 30 times)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

nrr posted:

protip: never bet on your own team, noob

I like betting against the Dolphins.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's hilarious that ESPN would have anything to do with wrasslin, but then again, they cover the national spelling bee.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

SlipUp posted:

Manuel is a write off, Cassel is a two year stopgap at best, and as much as I love me some tyrod time if he actually sees the field you guys are hosed. I don't see you guys finishing bottom ten with that defense, coach staff, and offensive stockpile so unless there's another teddy Bridgewater you're looking at drafting a project. Glennon has shown potential and that's more then any of the other bills QB crop can say.

Am I crazy for thinking Glennon on the Bills could maybe work? They're going to run the ball a jillion times anyway, all they really need is somebody who can sling it downfield in Watkins' general vicinity like five times a game and toss another 10 checkdowns to Clay and McCoy.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Do you know what I miss most? You're going to laugh when I tell you this. Sports. I used to love getting to the football field just before tip-off. By timing it right, I could sit down right at the horn and then let the emotion of the crowd flood over me. Waves and waves of it. Like electric current.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
:dogbutton:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Volkerball posted:

It's hilarious that ESPN would have anything to do with wrasslin, but then again, they cover the national spelling bee.

AKA the best sporting event of the year.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Volkerball posted:

Sriram vs. Ansun was the showdown of the year, although my money is on Gokul if he's in it again this year. Kid is cold blooded.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Volkerball posted:

The E stands(or at least stood) for Entertainment, remember. Wrestling has enough connection with competitive athletics that I don't think ESPN would have a problem doing this sort of story. No they wouldn't do wrestling recaps(though didn't Raw used to be on Canada's TSN for a while?) but there's no reason to not do a documentary or something.

But they probably don't have access to these tapes because they won't also function as promotion for WWE. And they can't have that. Just about every "documentary" I've seen from WWE is about the eternal glory of the promotion also.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Seeing rumors that the Browns are done with Manziel. Whatever we do, we need to make sure Elway doesn't get his filthy mitts on the poor boy! It would be a disaster!

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Kawalimus posted:

The E stands(or at least stood) for Entertainment, remember. Wrestling has enough connection with competitive athletics that I don't think ESPN would have a problem doing this sort of story. No they wouldn't do wrestling recaps(though didn't Raw used to be on Canada's TSN for a while?) but there's no reason to not do a documentary or something.

But they probably don't have access to these tapes because they won't also function as promotion for WWE. And they can't have that. Just about every "documentary" I've seen from WWE is about the eternal glory of the promotion also.

RAW is on Sportsnet, which is like our lower tier of 24 hour sports channel.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

happy opening day everyone

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Dude Botox is amazing. I need some.

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014
Shut the gently caress up about Battlestar Galactica.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FINGERBLASTER69 posted:

Shut the gently caress up about Battlestar Galactica.

Nice resurrection post, did you die while everyone was discussing it and just now wake up in the tank?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Sriram vs. Ansun was the showdown of the year, although my money is on Gokul if he's in it again this year. Kid is cold blooded.

If I start a Spelling Bee thread in SAS come May, how mad will people get at me?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Probably Magic posted:

If I start a Spelling Bee thread in SAS come May, how mad will people get at me?

I'll post in it

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So, Mo Wilkerson is holding out from the Jets' voluntary workouts because he in unhappy with his contract.

EJ Manuel was unable to suppress a smirk when asked if Doug Marrone's firing was good for his career.

Richie Incognito says he is humbled and a changed man.

These are the closest things to NFL headlines right now. Thanks.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Probably Magic posted:

I'd love it. I like getting angry at the weird rituals the kids do.

Also, a list of the most represented college on each NFL roster. Eagles and Patriots aren't too surprising.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Notre Dame, gently caress me

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Can Jeff Tuel melt Steeler yada yada

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I'd like to think Jerry Jones drafted those people from OSU because they're already Cowboys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Probably Magic posted:

I really want to start a competitive amateur/pro Ultimate Frisbee thread in SAS but I know I'll get laughed at :smith:

It's really interesting guys...

• Locked thread