Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Talk about the NBA.

The lack of effort in this first post is symbolic of the forgotten teams eliminated from playoff contention whittling away their last few weeks in low-effort games. RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The NBA is cool and good.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I hope the Hawks win the East. They are the coolest and goodest of all East teams.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I'm still fascinated by which teams will clinch the 7/8 seeds in the East and whether it will be Pelicans or Thunder in the West.

It seems like there are two different teams in the 7/8 in the East every single day. Right now, it is Brooklyn and Boston, two teams who have made open season surrendering rebuilding moves this season on pace to clinch seeds. Miami looks like they've hung it up for the year. if PG is healthy, Indiana seems like they could clinch a seed if they even remotely cared to.

New Orleans plays Golden State tonight in a game that has huge playoff implications for NO but totally irrelevant for GSW. I wonder if Golden State plays hard or rests guys, because the outcome of the game could have an impact on whether or not Golden State plays NO or OKC in round 1 and I wonder if they have a preference.

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.

net work error posted:

I hope the Hawks win the East. They are the coolest and goodest of all East teams.

I am a Cavs fan, and can say no one in the east is cool, the Hawks haven;t been cool since Josh Smith left. Playing sound team basketball is not cool. That being said you guys are probably the most complete team in the east.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I hope that Miami/Boston make the final two seeds in the east because Brooklyn/Indiana/Charlotte all play near unwatchable basketball.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
The Hawks are cool but I also think the Spurs are cool so like I'm kinda biased.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

attackmole posted:

The Hawks are cool but I also think the Spurs are cool so like I'm kinda biased.

Aren't the Hawks coached by a Pop disciple? These things might be related.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

attackmole posted:

I hope that Miami/Boston make the final two seeds in the east because Brooklyn/Indiana/Charlotte all play near unwatchable basketball.

Boston isn't much better other than I guess Isiah Thomas deciding to play 1 on 5 and doing something goofy.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I want to see lots of close up shots of Lance sulking on the bench in the playoffs so go Hornets

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Libertine posted:

Aren't the Hawks coached by a Pop disciple? These things might be related.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.

Raptors are my hometown team so I have a reactionary crush on teams with high movement, pass heavy offensive systems.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Great White Hope posted:

The NBA is cool and good.

Correct

The West is cool, the 1 and 7 seeds are pretty much set and only 2 games in the loss column separate 2 from 6. This week is going to be awesome

Rockets have a pretty rough finish to the season. Spurs, Spurs, Pelicans, Hornets, Jazz. Hopefully they won't drop to 6. At least they get the Spurs on a back to back for that first game

e: If the Rox win out they tie their franchise best record, though I don't consider that particularly likely. Still, crazy considering all the injuries they had this season

Intruder fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 7, 2015

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

attackmole posted:

Miami is so injured I'm surprised they can still assemble a full lineup.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Libertine posted:

New Orleans plays Golden State tonight in a game that has huge playoff implications for NO but totally irrelevant for GSW. I wonder if Golden State plays hard or rests guys, because the outcome of the game could have an impact on whether or not Golden State plays NO or OKC in round 1 and I wonder if they have a preference.
I doubt they're gonna rest folks today. Kerr said he would've done it against San Antonio if it was a national TV game but that was the 2nd game of a b2b and he's never rested guys outside of those this season. He might rest folks in their last game against Denver but right now with everyone healthy it just seems more prudent to keep rolling and continue to manage all the minutes well.

Don't really think he gives a poo poo whether they play Russell Westbrook & The Russell Westbrook Supporting All-Stars or the Pelicans in the first round. Either way it's probably gonna be the easiest matchup they can expect out of the WC this year. Personally I really want to see Anthony Davis' playoff form, so I hope NO makes it.

Also another Steph record-chasing update:

263 threes made this season (good for 4th of all time and he now owns three of the top five spots)
10 threes to go
5 games left

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Apr 7, 2015

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
I'm looking forward to the Blazers' starting playoff lineup of Lillard/CJ McCollum/Allen Crabbe/Meyers Leonard/Joel Freeland.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
So where is the smart money on annoying playoff posters this year? My first thought was Cavs fans, but we're not far removed from the last Cavs contending team so I feel like it won't be the same thing.

I feel like I haven't seen many bad GSW fans. And I don't think there are enough people who care about the Hawks. Will the Clippers last long enough to get some bad Clipper's posters in here?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Libertine posted:

I'm still fascinated by which teams will clinch the 7/8 seeds in the East and whether it will be Pelicans or Thunder in the West.

It seems like there are two different teams in the 7/8 in the East every single day. Right now, it is Brooklyn and Boston, two teams who have made open season surrendering rebuilding moves this season on pace to clinch seeds. Miami looks like they've hung it up for the year. if PG is healthy, Indiana seems like they could clinch a seed if they even remotely cared to.

Brooklyn has looked pretty strong since the Thad Young trade and the semi recoveries of Deron and Lopez. I have a soft spot for them since they're so totally hosed for the next 4 years. I hope they make the playoff series against the Cafs a good fighto.

It would be funny if the pacers made the playoffs and we got a repeat of last year

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

So where is the smart money on annoying playoff posters this year? My first thought was Cavs fans, but we're not far removed from the last Cavs contending team so I feel like it won't be the same thing.

I feel like I haven't seen many bad GSW fans. And I don't think there are enough people who care about the Hawks. Will the Clippers last long enough to get some bad Clipper's posters in here?

The most annoying ones are usually people who bandwagon on to whatever team plays against LeBron.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Lockback posted:

is this post implying that the existing clippers posters are good?

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Lockback posted:

There was that Golden State fan that did a massive ragequit when they lost to the Spurs, he's bound to reappear.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Lockback posted:

I'm sure SourKraut will show up and I think he's either a Bulls or an anti-LeBron fan.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

the warriors fans get hilariously butthurt whenever they lose so that's what i'll be rooting for

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I'm sure SourKraut will show up and I think he's either a Bulls or an anti-LeBron fan.

God he's the worst.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
Maybe that reporter Miami fan moved to the Cavs Brian Windhorst-style

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Oh, bad Bulls fans will be around for sure, but this year I think ever the most delusional has been beaten down by now.

Anti-Lebron is a good call though.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I really want the Suns to get good again because Suns playoff posters were loving incredible.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

If the Raps play the Wizards we should get our own thread for joint coach bitching.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Lockback posted:

The most annoying poster will be me because I'll go from occasionally posting things while watching every game with my dad to going "WOO!/OH NO!" every time anything good/bad happens while watching every game with my dad and talk about how I'm finally starting to feel good about the Cavs' chances of winning when they're up 10 with 3 minutes to go. Sorry in advance.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Apr 7, 2015

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Evil_Penguin_v2 posted:

I am a Cavs fan, and can say no one in the east is cool, the Hawks haven;t been cool since Josh Smith left. Playing sound team basketball is not cool. That being said you guys are probably the most complete team in the east.

There is nothing cool about Josh Smith, just the gnashing of teeth from bad mid range jumpers.

Here's hoping OKC makes it in as the 8th seed, and Westbrook leaves a trail of broken ankles and salt.

Optimus Subprime fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 7, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Josh Smith is a good passer and has cool blocks or dunks sometimes.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Celtics do an impression of an exciting team, so I guess there's that. I don't think I can take the narrative around the Pacers, or watching them play basketball at all, but they might have the best chance of the remaining teams of winning a series so I guess I'm going for them to get the spot.

I think we're going to get a lot of evidence that close basketball doesn't necessarily mean good basketball in the first round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs this year.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Cancel the first two rounds and just have the Hawks play the Cavs in an 11 game series.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MourningView posted:

Josh's lobs to Dwight were a beautiful thing on Sunday

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Yeah it's definitely going to be the self-flagellation of Raptors/Wizards fans who want to win a series but also want their team to lose so they can fire their coach.

It'll be rough but think how much rougher it is to be a fan of one of these teams (spoiler: it sucks)

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

roundmidnight posted:

Yeah it's definitely going to be the self-flagellation of Raptors/Wizards fans who want to win a series but also want their team to lose so they can fire their coach.

It'll be rough but think how much rougher it is to be a fan of one of these teams (spoiler: it sucks)

Randy Witman is by all accounts already gone in Washington. I think Casey is still up in the air, but I'd imagine he's gone as well.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

He's had much better shot selection and is shooting three pointers at about league average of .331 all of which MAKES ME MAD !!!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! !! ! ! !

I :pray: pray that they lose in the first round and Daryl Morey is replaced with Isiah Thomas

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I really want the Suns to get good again because Suns playoff posters were loving incredible.
This please.

I'm just enjoying the ride, still half-convinced that the team plane will go down in the next week and this will all turn out to have been a beautiful dream.

Whatever happens, I'm glad this team came around at a time in my life where I was able to actually watch every game and possess enough knowledge about basketball in general (thanks in no small part to this thread) to really appreciate it.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Byron Scott is such a dillweed

quote:

Scott has discovered that rookie point guard Jordan Clarkson yearns to keep learning and that there are others who are less interested in playing all out.

"I got a sense of a whole lot of them I wouldn't want to be in a fox hole with," Scott said after Monday's practice. "I think they'd end up shooting me in the back. So I've got a pretty good sense of the guys that I think are going to be around, that we will build around, build together in this process and go through it."

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

morestuff posted:

Byron Scott is such a dillweed

Byron Scott's fox hole sucks cause he doesn't let you use the sights on your rifle or call in air support. He says they're for pussies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

He's had much better shot selection and is shooting three pointers at about league average of .331 all of which MAKES ME MAD !!!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! !! ! ! !

I :pray: pray that they lose in the first round and Daryl Morey is replaced with Isiah Thomas

t:mad: x 100000000

• Locked thread