Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

EvanTH posted:

Personally I think it's hosed up that the cops are already aggressive Nets fans trying to influence the 1-8 matchup

Sterns goons making sure LeBron is in the finals :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Whenever comparing Harden vs Curry for MVP, someone usually brings up the difference in teammate quality they play with. Why does nobody bring up the difference in coaching quality? Is it safe to assume it's better to be coached by Kerr than McHale? I would assume so.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Yeah, an athlete who is viewed as a gigantic ATM will run into nothing but positive things when roaming around the town after midnight.

Nothing good happens after midnight.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

Parlett316 posted:

Yeah, an athlete who is viewed as a gigantic ATM will run into nothing but positive things when roaming around the town after midnight.

Can you even fathom how many strange women would have gone untouched if JR Smith thought like this while he was in NY.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Whenever comparing Harden vs Curry for MVP, someone usually brings up the difference in teammate quality they play with. Why does nobody bring up the difference in coaching quality? Is it safe to assume it's better to be coached by Kerr than McHale? I would assume so.
This is Kerr's first year coaching and McHale has a good rep as a coach. I also think it's harder to separate the coach's effect than that of teammates, and I don't think I'd want to anyways.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Mchale has strengths and weaknesses as a coach, he probably makes some players look bad but he fits Harden well in that his offense mostly consists of handing Harden the ball and letting him do whatever.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
McHale is a decent/good coach, but are you saying you should give a player MVP credit for having a bad coach? I understand the idea of giving s player credit for dragging up a teams offense/defense (though I don't believe it in this case) saying a player would be better in a better system thus he should get votes is kinda weird. Like, vote Jordan since he would be the MVP if he were 25 years younger.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

Can you even fathom how many strange women would have gone untouched if JR Smith thought like this while he was in NY.

All those fair maidens that would need to be saved

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

That shows how deep the Sonics 7 year curse is. OKC traded Thabo but he still couldn't get far enough away

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

e. or they let him go on his own recognizance, I can't remember

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I'm kinda surprised this years Rockets team broke the 3pm record. Quantity over quality :cool:

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Parlett316 posted:

If NBA players couldn't go out after midnight, they'd never be able to go out, their workday starts at like 530pm

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

If NBA players couldn't go out after midnight, they'd never be able to go out, their workday starts at like 530pm

Get enough Money playing a kids game not to go out, when I was in my twenties I couldn't afford to go clubbing every night, etc.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

Get enough Money playing a kids game not to go out, when I was in my twenties I couldn't afford to go clubbing every night, etc.

But it's fun!!!! Lockback!!!! It's fun to go out!!!!!!!!!!

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Athletes are not allowed to have Fun as this is not conducive to Winning. Did Kobe ever have fun? No, he was already shooting jumpers in preparation for the next championship

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dejan Bimble posted:

But it's fun!!!! Lockback!!!! It's fun to go out!!!!!!!!!!

This sentiment has never been posted on Something Awful. Ever.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Parlett316 posted:

It's nothing good happens after 3am. From experience this is true and only leads to regrets :(

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

chunkles posted:

Athletes are not allowed to have Fun as this is not conducive to Winning. Did Kobe ever have fun? No, he was already shooting jumpers in preparation for the next championship

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

chunkles posted:

Jordan disproves this theory.

Lockback posted:

McHale is a decent/good coach, but are you saying you should give a player MVP credit for having a bad coach? I understand the idea of giving s player credit for dragging up a teams offense/defense (though I don't believe it in this case) saying a player would be better in a better system thus he should get votes is kinda weird. Like, vote Jordan since he would be the MVP if he were 25 years younger.

To simplify what I meant, (what's following is ridiculous and I apologize) I'll explain it with a dumb arbitrary grade system. What should matter the most for the MVP is obviously player performance. Let's say Curry and Harden both get an A+ (Once again this is oversimplifying everything.) Really nothing else should be considered but people love to throw out things like Harden's teammates aren't as good or Curry is the best player on the best team. Let's give Curry's supporting cast an A+ and Harden's (accounting for health) a B. After that let's say Kerr gets an A+ for coaching this season and McHale gets a B+. (Though this is really unfair to judge for many reasons including: McHale's team is dealing with injuries and too much of coaching can't fairly be judged without inside information.) After considering all of this it seems like Harden is having a more impressive season to me.

Say both players have the same stats they have currently but Harden was on the team in 1st, with a potential coach of the year, and a teammate that is the potential defensive player of the year. Is Harden suddenly the front runner?

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Apr 10, 2015

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Jordan made sure his Wizards jerseys fit like a pair of comfy elastic waist jeans

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

Jordan made sure his Wizards jerseys fit like a pair of comfy elastic waist jeans

That man was neither having fun nor winning.

Spacebump posted:

Jordan disproves this theory.

To simplify what I meant, (what's following is ridiculous and I apologize)

I guess I kinda understand that, though for me you consider the context, and generally I rate players by how well they are executing the scheme. I tend to put a lot of credit on team success for the MVP though, which is maybe a different mindset from the majority of SAS.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Thabo video!!!
http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/09/thabo-sefolosha-video-of-combative-arrest-headlocked-and-taken-down/

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

God bless the man in the second picture for helping jordan remove his windshorts to reveal a slightly smaller pair of shorts

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Do we even have Celtics fans here? Because it must be awesome to have a national sportswriting figure constantly insert your irrelevant team into narratives and podcasts and articles. He even tries to suggest certain free agents might be interested in Boston. Dude's the shadow GM.

I just listened to Bill Simmons promoting the idea of Celtics vs. Hawks being a We Believe Warriors vs. Mavs situation potentially. uggghhh
I want this man arrested for the murder of the Memphis Grizzlies by use of deadly Jeff Green

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 10, 2015

THATCHER BRAlNWASH
Mar 31, 2015

by Ralp

gently caress all cops

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
If Thabo and Pero Antic were white they'd have gotten an attaboy and a loving ride to the hotel. gently caress all police officers.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

If....Pero Antic were white......

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I think he met "If Pero Antic was a honkey".

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Beasley: https://vine.co/v/eBPqVBqjtxv

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

BWV posted:

I think he met "If Pero Antic was a honkey".

Ah. If his SOUL were white.

I had season tickets for one of Beasley's MN years, and even though he wasn't helping win basketball games he was bringing joy to my heart.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Do we even have Celtics fans here? Because it must be awesome to have a national sportswriting figure constantly insert your irrelevant team into narratives and podcasts and articles. He even tries to suggest certain free agents might be interested in Boston. Dude's the shadow GM.

I just listened to Bill Simmons promoting the idea of Celtics vs. Hawks being a We Believe Warriors vs. Mavs situation potentially. uggghhh
I want this man arrested for the murder of the Memphis Grizzlies by use of deadly Jeff Green

We used to have celtics fans here. They all moves over the TFF

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Pfff, he is as white as the irish.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Parlett316 posted:

We used to have celtics fans here. They all moves over the TFF

Doesn't inside outside still post?

Also Simmons has built his whole media presence based on being an obnoxious Boston homer, he's not gonna stop now. I don't think the Hawks are nearly as good as their record, but Boston's just not good and it'd be surprising if they took a game.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol supercool Beas just toasted the Bulls in the first half. REVENGE OF THE 2008 DRAFT

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Hey Kawhi, did you do anything fun this summer?

"No."

The response of a true champion.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Jason Lieser @PBPjasonlieser
In the last three weeks the #Heat have lost when:
--Leading by 16 w/ 10min left
--Leading by 15 w/ 5min left