Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

pentyne posted:

The preview was mind-numbingly stupid. They're actual going in the worst possible direction with the show that they could've.

Agreed. And are the Royals basically terminators or something?

Whoever it was earlier in the thread that thought that the hexenblood was affecting Juliette's soul, it looks like you were right. drat she was a bitch to Nick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

well, can hardly wait for the explanation why that thing in the preview for next week happens.

You know, we've put up with a lot of crap for this show but I'm not sure I can keep watching if what they showed will actually happen

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Aces High posted:

well, can hardly wait for the explanation why that thing in the preview for next week happens.

You know, we've put up with a lot of crap for this show but I'm not sure I can keep watching if what they showed will actually happen

It would be some grade-A, "I want out of my contract," writing.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I didn't watch the preview, but that does not sound promising. At this point I still want to stick around for Season 5 because the writers promised an answer to what all the keys are for. But with the quality of the Juliette-becomes-Hexenbiest stuff, I may change my mind and decide that whatever they come up with will probably suck anyway.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This show is getting so bad.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I was literally screaming at the preview last night. "NO MAS!"

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
Next Weeks Episode: The Jump

Nick and company encounter an ancient wesen Carcharodon Teethalis, whose woge resembles that of a Great White Shark. Upon finding out the only way to kill this Wesen is to jump over it on a surfboard, the team turns to the Council for help.

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

I enjoy this show and even like the soapy aspects a good deal, but the last couple episodes and the preview are really putting a bad taste in my mouth. Who knows, maybe it won't suck, but if they're regressing all the way back to the season 2 bullshit I may be done watching this show.

Aw gently caress, who 'im I kidding. I'll be riding this train until the last car careens off the cliff. :(

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
drat, Wu plays CS:Go? I like him even better.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

There Bias Two posted:

This show is getting so bad.

I can think of very few episodic shows with a serialized plot where the serialized plot is the worst part. But here we are.

Adalind should have been killed off already, not knocked up again. Off-screen character replacements. Everything to do with the way Juilette is acting, veering between "gently caress WESSEN" and "WESSEN PRIDE" scene to scene. The fact there's an obvious loving cure (Grimm blood that's not Nick's) with Trubel, a single e-mail away. Speaking of which, why did they sideline their most interesting character again?

It's rare to see a show gamble on a character that could backfire so much, have it turn out to be a success that's quite popular, then say "Well no more of that poo poo!" and write them out.

JD Bucks 7 posted:

Next Weeks Episode: The Jump

Nick and company encounter an ancient wesen Carcharodon Teethalis, whose woge resembles that of a Great White Shark. Upon finding out the only way to kill this Wesen is to jump over it on a surfboard, the team turns to the Council for help.

They'll send out their top man.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 4, 2015

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Why is this episode named Heartbreaker? It should be named Potential Rapists, also Juliet is a bitch.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Alexis Denisof is part of the main cast on another show, so he probably didn't have time to do more appearances as just a guest star. James Frain's character was killed off for about the same reason - scheduling conflicts. Most shows shoot in L.A., New York or Vancouver, so having to go to Portland means flying out from elsewhere.

Bringing Adalind back as a regular mid-season 2 was definitely not a great move.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
This show is bad now. Like really bad. Kill Adalind, bring back Trubel, stop ruining Juliette and I might stay in until season ends :smith:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Martout posted:

This show is bad now. Like really bad. Kill Adalind, bring back Trubel, stop ruining Juliette and I might stay in until season ends :smith:

By this point I think everyone is assuming that Adalind's actor is some writer/producer/exec's personal favorite and she is getting shoehorned into the show for that reason and no other.

If they break up Juliet and Nick so Adalind can come in and be all "Nick I'm having your baby!" and he's cool with it and they live together I will completely stop watching this show.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Oh god no :(

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
I'm not blaming Claire coffee, not anymore. She did a fantastic job playing Juliet during the regrimming.

It's the character that blows.

How can they hit such a high point this season with the rescue of Monroe and then completely forget what made it good is beyond me.

To the writers writing metaplot,

You suck at it,

please stop. :(

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

shades of eternity posted:

I'm not blaming Claire coffee, not anymore. She did a fantastic job playing Juliet during the regrimming.

Yeah, I try not to blame specific actors when the character sucks. I don't think Claire Coffee is particularly bad, and not really any more so than anyone else on the show. They just write her character into the shittiest, most muddily-conceived plotlines. 90% of her character is her humorlessly reacting to poo poo happening to her, and the 10% of the time she does actively make decisions, it's to some irrational and barely-motivated end.

She's supposed to be some sort of Margaery Tyrell type, or at least maybe a Cordelia Chase...a master manipulator who embraces hyperbolic femininity to control situations. And I literally can't think of a point in 3 or 4 seasons where that has actually been true.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I give it another episode or two before the thread title is Worst Show.

EDIT: Ugh. The ratings are good too. They'll probably think they're doing something right.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Apr 5, 2015

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Biomute posted:

I give it another episode or two before the thread title is Worst Show.

Well, I'm still enjoying it. :colbert:

Has anyone already made the joke along the lines of "someone put cream in coffee" due to the actress being pregnant in real life?

No? I'll shut up then.

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

Man, that preview for the next Grimm episode looks terrible. I really don't like the implication it gave that hexenbeasts are inherently evil (that's the impression I got from Juliet in the preview). It rather undermines the one of the main themes of the show that Wessen are regular people (morality wise) but with extra powers. Maybe the preview is just misleading? Who knows.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

ashez2ashes posted:

Man, that preview for the next Grimm episode looks terrible. I really don't like the implication it gave that hexenbeasts are inherently evil (that's the impression I got from Juliet in the preview). It rather undermines the one of the main themes of the show that Wessen are regular people (morality wise) but with extra powers. Maybe the preview is just misleading? Who knows.

Are Hexenbeast Wesen/Wessen though?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

spookygonk posted:

With how fast and loose the writers play with any Wessen rules they originally made there's no guarantee.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

pentyne posted:

With how fast and loose the writers play with any Wessen rules they originally made there's no guarantee.
Yeah, I remember Nick having a chat with Monroe near the show's beginning about wanting to tell Juliet about Grimms and Wessen, and hoping he could help. Monroe explained that there was no way a regular human would be able to see his Woge-face, no matter what he did. Because of that, he absolutely could not show her, and they decided to keep her in the dark because without proof Nick would just sound crazy.

... and now regular humans seeing a Woge'd Wessen happens in almost every episode at some point. Monroe himself specifically did show his Woge-face to both Hank and Wu to bring them in on the secret.

spookygonk posted:

That's a good question, even if any possible answer is going to have to conflict with at least some of the previously established facts.

Unless I'm forgetting someone, Hexenbiests are the only creatures on the show who explicitly use magic. All of the Wessen/Grimm superpowers tend to get some kind of vaguely plausible explanation that makes them sound like really bizarre biology, but not magic. They're spitting chemicals that ignite on contact with air for breathing fire, secrete freaky pheromones or toxins, have extra sets of specialized light receptors in the eyes, etc. However questionable the science may be, they've at least tried to establish that Wessen aren't really supernatural, and that they generally have abilities similar to some animal in real life. (oh hey, this guy secretes toxin like a blowfish!)

Hexenbiests though, they cast magic spells and throw poo poo with their mind, which doesn't really fit the pattern. Aside from Hexenbiests, the only straight-up magical thing that I can remember in the show were Were-Hitler's evil mind-control cufflinks of doom.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Apr 6, 2015

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Robot Hobo posted:

Yeah, I remember Nick having a chat with Monroe near the show's beginning about wanting to tell Juliet about Grimms and Wessen, and hoping he could help. Monroe explained that there was no way a regular human would be able to see his Woge-face, no matter what he did. Because of that, he absolutely could not show her, and they decided to keep her in the dark because without proof Nick would just sound crazy.

... and now regular humans seeing a Woge'd Wessen happens in almost every episode at some point. Monroe himself specifically did show his Woge-face to both Hank and Wu to bring them in on the secret.

I believe what he said was she might lose her mind if he did so, not that she couldn't see it.

The lack of Trubel is really making its impact known on the show at this point. Just come back and off Adalind's with Trubel already jeez.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Apr 6, 2015

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

spookygonk posted:

"Weßen"

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
On one hand:

"I'm going to kill Adelind" "Good idea."

On the other: Oh god no they can't really be doing this poo poo why fuuuuuck

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
4x17 – “Hibernaculum”
Nick and Hank race against the clock to find a Wesen that freezes to death in the cold.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

4x17 – “Hibernaculum”
Nick and Hank race against the clock to find a Wesen that freezes to death in the cold.

I'm pretty sure most sentient beings do.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

TVLine posted:

I’m so worried about the upcoming death of a main character in the Grimm season finale! What can you tell us about the events leading up to the big moment? – Sam
Right before the offing, there’ll be “a lot of vengeance coming to a head,” series co-creator James Kouf tells TVLine. Co-creator David Greenwalt adds that the scene will be filled with “revenge and wild surprise.”

Anyone else feel like they might be about to kill Juliette off? Part of me hopes it'll be Adalind, though.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Astrofig posted:

Anyone else feel like they might be about to kill Juliette off? Part of me hopes it'll be Adalind, though.
It'll be Monroe, and they'll add two more Adalinds to the cast for next season.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Apr 10, 2015

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Astrofig posted:

They will kill Juliette off but make Adalind turn into Juliette permanently in order to hide her and Nicks baby from falling into the hands of the Royals.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

TMMadman posted:

They will kill Juliette off but make Adalind turn into Juliette permanently in order to hide her and Nicks baby from falling into the hands of the Royals.
I'm kind of worried that this doesn't sound nearly as improbable as it really should.

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

What I don't get is why Adalind said the baby was royal in the first place, with the shitstorm of trouble the last one brought her. But I guess that's my mistake to expect common sense from her.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Biomute posted:

I'm pretty sure most sentient beings do.

That's what it said on the NBC page in the synopsis, but the picture beside it gives the impression that might be wildly incorrect from what happens in the episode.

EDIT: No, that is not the case.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 11, 2015

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Haha literal frostbite.

Awww, Monroe has PTSD.

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 11, 2015

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"They can only process human body heat, other sources of heat don't affect them."

"They're most dangerous when they're caught out in the cold."

If other sources of heat "don't affect them," wouldn't they always be, effectively, "out in the cold"?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Also nice 360 rotation with the camera while the team was out at the farmhouse [/sarcsam]

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"She's a freakin' hexenbeast???"

I expected better from Bree Turner.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Die Adalind Die!!!

Drawing out the poo poo that doesn't work does not magically make it good!

We are in Buffy Season 6 territory now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
The wessen of the week were incredibly dumb, even by this Grimm season's standards. The special effects of Renard's hallucination or whatever at the end were terrible too.

Still, I have to give credit to the professionalism of the main cast. They said all those stupid lines with mostly straight faces.

• Locked thread