Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dejan Bimble posted:

It's going to be a little funny to see Melo and Greg Monroe trundle their way to 38 wins, apologies to EvanTH

I think you mean Andre Drummond :confused: It's true, Melo's going to look great with Drummond and Giannis shoring up his defense. Everything I have read indicates this is basically a done deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

EvanTH posted:

I think you mean Andre Drummond :confused: It's true, Melo's going to look great with Drummond and Giannis shoring up his defense. Everything I have read indicates this is basically a done deal.
But then how will Marc Gasol get minutes?

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
I will also be joining the Knicks next season.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
hell of a fight by the grizzlies considering they were down three of their most important players. i hope that the effort and momentum continues

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

EvanTH posted:

Thats a dope lineup I wonder what GM Stan Van Gundy is doing to get Melo and Giannis

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

That feeling when your team is so broken you breathe a sigh of relief when they don't make the playoffs. I'm fine with this.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Faxanadu posted:

That feeling when your team is so broken you breathe a sigh of relief when they don't make the playoffs. I'm fine with this.

explain this feeling por favor

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

Metapod posted:

explain this feeling por favor

"My team sucks and I need an excuse to play it off."

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zach LaVine is cool and good

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

I hope the Spurs lose and are never good again.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Faxanadu posted:

"My team sucks and I need an excuse to play it off."

The thought of having to fork out money for playoff tickets or sell them is a real conundrum. Better to just never have to deal with it

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I'm going to be in Boston in a few weeks and I'm really hoping they make the playoffs and that everything lines up so I can go to a game. Dan Dickau was the starting point guard the last time I went to a Celtics home game.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

alansmithee posted:

Robinson was better.

As much as I love the Admiral this is objectively wrong.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

EvanTH posted:

Replace Melo with Kevin Love and you have my actual 2015-16 Pistons lineup in 2k15

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

EvanTH posted:

Who's a likely free agent superstar that that doesn't really fit into the same lineup as Melo for them to blow all of Stoudemire's old salary on?

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Errant Gin Monks posted:

As much as I love the Admiral this is objectively wrong.

Not really. Depends on if you value peak performance or longevity. Robinson fell off a lot after his injury (but still put up about 5 10 WS seasons). I don't see how you could argue his peak wasn't far superior though. He was at least as good defensively, and was far superior offensively. Like I can't see anything where Duncan was superior besides accumulated stats (and that's even considering how much Robinson fell off with his injury, and sharing the load with Duncan).

Honestly I think Garnett's peak was superior to Duncan's as well (but it's not quite as blatant as Robinson), but he's fallen off much more as he's gotten older.

alansmithee fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Apr 12, 2015

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
I thinl you're wrong on Garnett, great player obviously, I'm taking Duncan everytime is all. He did everything better outside of passing and mean mugging IMO.

Robinson is tough though. Tim had an inherent advantage via having such superior coaching that it's hard to judge. Better teammates too. We need Bill Simmons here to tell us Tim is a winner and The Admiral wasn't I guess.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Glamorama26 posted:

I thinl you're wrong on Garnett, great player obviously, I'm taking Duncan everytime is all. He did everything better outside of passing and mean mugging IMO.

Most notably he was better at having good teammates and coaching. The numbers don't really back up the rest of your statement (outside of KG being miles better at passing).

The one year the Wolves had a core comparable to the Spurs they finished with the best record in the NBA and then lost in the WCF because they had so many injuries that KG played the point for the entire series (and still almost beat the Kobe/Shaq Lakers)

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

IcePhoenix posted:

Most notably he was better at having good teammates and coaching. The numbers don't really back up the rest of your statement (outside of KG being miles better at passing).

The one year the Wolves had a core comparable to the Spurs they finished with the best record in the NBA and then lost in the WCF because they had so many injuries that KG played the point for the entire series (and still almost beat the Kobe/Shaq Lakers)

I'd actually say Cassell and Sprewell weren't that much of an upgrade from what he had before. Those were the dysfunctional Lakers too. I dunno how good they'd have looked against the earlier Laker teams or the good Sac teams.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Haralabos Voulgaris had a good point on the bs report, Lebron is still playing a lot of minutes for someone who seems to need and want rest. Maybe Blatt will sit him for this last week and a half of games?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Haralabos Voulgaris had a good point on the bs report, Lebron is still playing a lot of minutes for someone who seems to need and want rest. Maybe Blatt will sit him for this last week and a half of games?

Pretty identical to what Lebron did last year with Spo. He sat out the last two games, but before that he was playing 36-40 minutes per game.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01/gamelog/2014/

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

NickRoweFillea posted:

hell of a fight by the grizzlies considering they were down three of their most important players. i hope that the effort and momentum continues

Playoff picture really interesting now, looks like it will come down to tiebreakers. Guessing all teams win out from here, except maybe MEM@GS and SA vs NO (important game for NO)

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Dejan Bimble posted:

I was just remembering the time, 2 years ago today, that Charles Barkley said "there's gonna be some changes around here, me and kenny saw Django Unchained, there's gonna be some changes around here"

lol

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

alansmithee posted:

Not really. Depends on if you value peak performance or longevity. Robinson fell off a lot after his injury (but still put up about 5 10 WS seasons). I don't see how you could argue his peak wasn't far superior though. He was at least as good defensively, and was far superior offensively. Like I can't see anything where Duncan was superior besides accumulated stats (and that's even considering how much Robinson fell off with his injury, and sharing the load with Duncan).

Honestly I think Garnett's peak was superior to Duncan's as well (but it's not quite as blatant as Robinson), but he's fallen off much more as he's gotten older.

I just checked out Robinson's Basketball Reference page and good lord :stare: that is some crazy poo poo. It's a shame that so much of what he's remembered for is losing to Olajuwon in '95.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/robinda01.html#advanced::none

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

illcendiary posted:

I just checked out Robinson's Basketball Reference page and good lord :stare: that is some crazy poo poo. It's a shame that so much of what he's remembered for is losing to Olajuwon in '95.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/robinda01.html#advanced::none

That 93-94 season is absurd.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Rockets fans on the internet were dying to see this: http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2015/04/L2M-SAS-HOU-4-10-15.pdf

It's everything one could want.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Bashez posted:

Rockets fans on the internet were dying to see this: http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2015/04/L2M-SAS-HOU-4-10-15.pdf

It's everything one could want.

How do you read these? What does CC, CNC. INC mean on the review? Something call?

Also what's RSBQ mean with regards to the Ginobili one?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Libertine posted:

How do you read these? What does CC, CNC. INC mean on the review? Something call?

cc- correct call
cnc- correct no call
inc- incorrect no call

edit: rsbq- Rate Speed Balance Quickness

Metapod fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 12, 2015

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Libertine posted:

There's a legend on it. Correct call, Correct no call, incorrect no call, and IC for incorrect call.

I do not know.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Bashez posted:

There's a legend on it.

Ah I see it now. My monitor didn't load the bottom margin of it.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Libertine posted:

Ah I see it now. My monitor didn't load the bottom margin of it.

Thanks, I was talking about the top one and now I've found the RSBQ one.

To save a click for someone it's rhythm, speed, balance, quickness.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Am I too late for the David Robinson party?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24NLqvKER1c

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Yeah the party hurt its back and broke its foot and faded out. It's the Tim Duncan party now.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Am I too late for the David Robinson party?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24NLqvKER1c

I remember that game, I think that was when he was battling Shaq for the scoring title and needed like 60+ to take it on the last day.

Robinson used to be my favorite player and it's a shame how forgotten he is now. People seem to just remember him post-injury when he was obviously diminished but dude was really good. I know there was some metric (IBM rating?) that had him like the 4th best player ever or something. Not saying I agree, but he was really ridiculous as a player on both sides of the floor.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

alansmithee posted:

I remember that game, I think that was when he was battling Shaq for the scoring title and needed like 60+ to take it on the last day.

Robinson used to be my favorite player and it's a shame how forgotten he is now. People seem to just remember him post-injury when he was obviously diminished but dude was really good. I know there was some metric (IBM rating?) that had him like the 4th best player ever or something. Not saying I agree, but he was really ridiculous as a player on both sides of the floor.

I don't feel he's really been "forgotten", but he was somewhat overshadowed in his prime by Jordan, Malone and Olajuwon.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
My friend and I always joke about those lovely NBA movie trailer mashup commercials. Well he made one for the playoffs using the new Paul Blart trailer.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sacLeXoyC24

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

alansmithee posted:

Just looked it up and he only needed to score 33, apparently. I'm not sure how that affects my view of him scoring 71. Seems less opportunistic I guess.

The B_36 posted:

I don't feel he's really been "forgotten", but he was somewhat overshadowed in his prime by Jordan, Malone and Olajuwon.

I was too young during Robinson's prime, so I don't remember, but was Olajuwon always perceived to be that much better, playoff success notwithstanding? With the exception of a few years for Hakeem, and of course that one really unfortunate playoff series in 1995, the stats seem to bear out that Robinson was better offensively and at least his peer defensively.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

illcendiary posted:

Just looked it up and he only needed to score 33, apparently. I'm not sure how that affects my view of him scoring 71. Seems less opportunistic I guess.

I was too young during Robinson's prime, so I don't remember, but was Olajuwon always perceived to be that much better, playoff success notwithstanding? With the exception of a few years for Hakeem, and of course that one really unfortunate playoff series in 1995, the stats seem to bear out that Robinson was better offensively and at least his peer defensively.

Olajuwon got more attention because he was on a better team that won 2 rings with him as the clearly best player. I remember thinking at the time that they were on the same level as players tho. Robinson was one of the most hyped draft prospects ever, and got drafted #1 despite the Spurs knowing that he'd be unavailable for the first (or maybe 2?) year due to his Navy commitment. Personally, I would flip a coin over whom to pick between Robinson and Olajuwon, you can't really go wrong with either of them.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

soggybagel posted:

My friend and I always joke about those lovely NBA movie trailer mashup commercials. Well he made one for the playoffs using the new Paul Blart trailer.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sacLeXoyC24
this is funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Having his first season be at age 24 hurts the perception of his career as well. He only had 7 seasons before his 97 injury.

• Locked thread