Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
i've heard rules like all cabinets must be at least 6 inches off the floor or you get cited and stuff like that. is that stuff actually bullshit or is it just restaurant managers being whiny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
no, do you want rats in your food?

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
i guess it depends on how much vermin waste you feel is acceptable

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
no, not really

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
managers being whiney because they have to pay to have the exterminators come out

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

The reason for that height is so animals can't crawl into your food and die in it hth

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Yes it's pretty much all bullshit op, it's about time someone stood up to these big government hand wringers

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Doctor J Off posted:

no, not really

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Skeleton Ape posted:

Yes it's pretty much all bullshit op, it's about time someone stood up to these big government hand wringers

if only there were a television show that exposed such things, revealing them to be, indeed, bullshit.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
op what if rats got into ur cereal and poopped in there and hosed yuor cheerios with their little ratdicks and ate what wasn't soggy and left

thanks ~Salmiakki~

casual beep
Mar 28, 2015

What am I gonna run around like some teeny bopper somewhere for someone elses money? I make the money man, I roll the nickels. The game is mine. I deal the cards
Its why you keep pots and pans but not food in your lower cabinets

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Kitchen Nightmares makes me want to stay home and cool for myself.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
The government should not get to tell me whether or not i am allowed to serve the giant tub of enchiladas ive been keeping in the fridge for weeks as food.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My local home depot has a little hot dog stand inside it and last time I was ordering hot dogs there I noticed they were rated C- by the health department. I was kind of wary then but I didn't want to seem rude and cancel my order

casual beep
Mar 28, 2015

What am I gonna run around like some teeny bopper somewhere for someone elses money? I make the money man, I roll the nickels. The game is mine. I deal the cards

Volume posted:

My local home depot has a little hot dog stand inside it and last time I was ordering hot dogs there I noticed they were rated C- by the health department. I was kind of wary then but I didn't want to seem rude and cancel my order

hot dog stands get that rating automatically

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Mmmm, you can really taste the rat saliva in this Qinuoa!

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Volume posted:

the only thing worse than doobie dogs are depot dogs, fyi

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

king salmon posted:

no, do you want rats in your food?

Mice can jump like 3 feet, its actually to keep the standard restaurant issue dirt/water/grease floor sludge off it.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Tsinava posted:

Kitchen Nightmares makes me want to stay home and cool for myself.

Most restaurant food, even the ~cute local place~, is premade at best and poo poo you wouldn't dream of eating at home at worst.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

ItBurns posted:

Most restaurant food, even the ~cute local place~, is premade at best and poo poo you wouldn't dream of eating at home at worst.

Lmao

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
letting the taxing body interfere with the intellectual domain of the producer has had dire consequences. much of the food offered nowadays contains ingredients unfit to feed machines, whereas food used to be wholesome and the kitchen was a fortress which denied entry to the unclean, the strange, and the corrupt. the code was built on bribery, yet the bribes used to sidestep the code only reinforced the presence of the code until it became a serpent with many self-regenerating heads. little is known of how to corrupt the corruptor, but it may stay its venom for a short period if it is offered a tribute in the form of unmarked currency, information, drugs, or certain favors.

Gentwise
Sep 12, 2003
Gentwise Bankfourthe, Esquire.

whoflungpoop posted:

op what if rats got into ur cereal and poopped in there and hosed yuor cheerios with their little ratdicks and ate what wasn't soggy and left

Lil' Ratdick and the cheerio poppin' daddies

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

ItBurns posted:

I'm sorry that you've eaten/worked at such lovely restaurants.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Tsinava posted:

I'm sorry that you've eaten/worked at such lovely restaurants.

Applebees plant spotted

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

There's a pho place I used to go to all the time that got a red violation for storing their meat slicer on the bathroom floor.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Humboldt Squid posted:

There's a pho place I used to go to all the time that got a red violation for storing their meat slicer on the bathroom floor.

How good was the pho? pho-king good? :rimshot:

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Humboldt Squid posted:

i knew a terrible pho place that recycled noodles supposedly.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
A C grade is average, not like you got an F.
We need more regulations on how hand washing is a good thing when making food, instead of letting a poorly enforceable policy require other people to report you.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Dead Precedents posted:

How good was the pho? pho-king good? :rimshot:

my go-to pho place in davis was called pho king. it owned

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Xaris posted:

my go-to pho place in davis was called pho king. it owned

my god, it would be easier to get there by bicycle or rickshaw than to attempt to drive.

do the campus police still have any authority, or is it all-out anarchy now?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Izumi Konata posted:

my god, it would be easier to get there by bicycle or rickshaw than to attempt to drive.

do the campus police still have any authority, or is it all-out anarchy now?
there was parking near the arboretum and honestly davis wasnt bad for driving. usually a couple spots near d street that you could walk over.

idk i graduated a couple years before the pepper spray incident.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Doctor J Off posted:

no, not really

Straker
Nov 10, 2005

Horniest Manticore posted:

if only there were a television show that exposed such things, revealing them to be, indeed, bullshit.
why yes i'd love to hear what a fat libertarian retard thinks should happen to health codes and restaurant inspections

~due diligence~

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

do you think a rat has ever jumped onto a counter? but instead of a counter it's actually the deep fryer

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
nope people don't care how clean or safe the stuff they put in their mouth is

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

do you think a rat has ever jumped onto a counter? but instead of a counter it's actually the deep fryer

The gently caress do you think the crunchy things at KFC are?

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

i've known them to jump from sinking ships, but i can't help but think of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0si4c0QAY_Q

Jamoke
Feb 13, 2010

HAMDINGERS

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

I watched this happen once. Only it wasn't a rat it was an anole.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

It is bullshit but only because the health inspector only pays attention the first time they go to a particular site (unless it's like a mega filthy dive Chinese Food place). If they did their jobs it would be cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

casual beep posted:

hot dog stands get that rating automatically

Costco sells $1.50 hot dogs and they are huge.

• Locked thread