Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Somberbrero posted:

Hi Merk.

imgay scumclaimed. You should lunch anyone who scumclaims, even as a joke. It's not a normal, town reaction to pressure.

imgay stopped pushing you once he was called out on voting you. I think imgay would say that his vote was a joke, but it was not. There was clearly serious traction behind voting you.

I would also vote chaoslord.

Ah, there's the fun killing somber I know. Are you seriously trying to make a real case out of this joke phase nonsense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Yep, you can queue up multiple nights. The trade off is the risk of submitting an action on a player who may be dead at the time.

Poque posted:

Game-Specific Rules:
  • Once the game begins, actions may be submitted for any night. However, to submit an action for a given night, an action must have already been submitted for any previous nights. For example, to submit an action for night 3 on day 1, you would also need to first submit actions for nights 1 and 2. You can send these in the same PM.
  • Unless otherwise specified, once an action is submitted, it MAY NOT BE CHANGED. This includes any situation in which the target of an action is dead.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I submitted actions for the next 180 days just in case this game goes really long

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Ah, there's the fun killing somber I know. Are you seriously trying to make a real case out of this joke phase nonsense?

Yes. What's wrong with that?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I kind of feel like ##vote Jakep is posting weirdly.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

merk posted:

I kind of feel like ##vote Jakep is posting weirdly.

Well I am sort of sitting back and seeing if Somber has some kind of trap sprung play for the people voting imgay or if he is actually serious, because that is a scummy case

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

Well I am sort of sitting back and seeing if Somber has some kind of trap sprung play for the people voting imgay or if he is actually serious, because that is a scummy case

No, I'm serious. I dunno why you're speaking for imgay, but I don't consider his awkward jokes much of a defense.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

No, I'm serious. I dunno why you're speaking for imgay, but I don't consider his awkward jokes much of a defense.

His entire post history is "awkward" (as you put it) jokes. I don't see him make any attempt at all to defend himself

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I quote awkward because he seems completely comfortable making stupid poo poo posts

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I think avoiding direct engagement and claiming right off the bat aren't natural town reactions to pressure.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
as opposed to you sombrero?

Somberbrero posted:

Hi Merk.

imgay scumclaimed. You should lunch anyone who scumclaims, even as a joke. It's not a normal, town reaction to pressure.

imgay stopped pushing you once he was called out on voting you. I think imgay would say that his vote was a joke, but it was not. There was clearly serious traction behind voting you.

I would also vote chaoslord.

Somberbrero posted:

I've played several games with imgay. I don't think his meta factors into my argument.

Somberbrero posted:

I dunno why that would matter.

Somberbrero posted:

I think avoiding direct engagement and claiming right off the bat aren't natural town reactions to pressure.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

I think claiming a semi-verifiable power role day 1 is a pretty risky move for scum, especially as early as he made his claim.

Also you were voting him before his claim

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
There wasn't even any pressure on him? It's joke phase let it go

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

imgay posted:

as opposed to you sombrero?

What is the point this post is supposed to be making?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I don't understand how the posts that you quoted connect to the argument you are making, or what your argument is.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That you mad scum for reals Somberbrero, ofcourse the accused would deflect the notion though.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

JakeP posted:

merk would claim miller as scum, then remind us of the post he just made the other week about how more scum should claim miller as scum

JakeP posted:

I am confident enough in my mafia playing skills that I will not fear vote Merk here, and will be able to determine within a couple flips whether Merk is actually town or scum

This stuff feels weird, like scum weird.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

imgay posted:

That you mad scum for reals Somberbrero, ofcourse the accused would deflect the notion though.

You didn't play like this in Ecco's game. Were you just a really scared newbie then or something?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

I think claiming a semi-verifiable power role day 1 is a pretty risky move for scum, especially as early as he made his claim.

Also you were voting him before his claim

Yes. Earlier I voted imgay for scumclaiming and his behavior towards mark.

I do not see how claiming tracker is a risky move for scrum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

There wasn't even any pressure on him? It's joke phase let it go

There was a miller claim off the bat, this game did not get a jokephase.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

There was a miller claim off the bat, this game did not get a jokephase.

Thats dumb only scrubs give a crap about millers anymore

merk posted:

This stuff feels weird, like scum weird.

You just fear my scum game too much if you think those posts are scummy, I understand though

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
or perhaps my brazen attitude towards defeating you if you are evil is striking fear into your heart and you are too paralyzed to make good mafia plays

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
If this is role madness, what would miller even do, send a pm saying "Every night my action is to flip scum if investigated"?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
If Merk isn't lying he would have a night action in addition to being a miller

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

merk posted:

You didn't play like this in Ecco's game. Were you just a really scared newbie then or something?

Yeah I was gonna say that imgay was real lurky in the last game(s? Can't remember if it was just that one or another one too) and him coming out of the gate so posty and jokey is way different from what I expected from him. Brazen scum or personality makeover?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

I do not see how claiming tracker is a risky move for scrum.

Unless he is a Scum Tracker or something it is something that could be counterclaimed as it is not an uncommon role, and he will be expected to give results each night, which could be confirmed or denied potentially by the player he claims to have targetted

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
any claim that pidgeon holes you for the rest of the game is not in the scums best interest to make 3 hours into day 1

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JakeP posted:

If Merk isn't lying he would have a night action in addition to being a miller

Yes, claiming miller isn't really a power role claim and it probably wasn't serious anyway, it seems a pretty standard rando-voting joke claim.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Birdstrike posted:

Yes, claiming miller isn't really a power role claim and it probably wasn't serious anyway, it seems a pretty standard rando-voting joke claim.

No the Merk Miller claim was 100% serious, he is either scum, or miller

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've gained more confidence in my posting once my Kevin James gbs thread took off

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

any claim that pidgeon holes you for the rest of the game is not in the scums best interest to make 3 hours into day 1

It's better than being lunched.

I don't think imgay is fakeclaiming, I think he is a scum tracker. I don't think it puts him in an extraordinarily stressful position going forward.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Somberbrero posted:

It's better than being lunched.

I don't think imgay is fakeclaiming, I think he is a scum tracker. I don't think it puts him in an extraordinarily stressful position going forward.

You're ridiculous. Why would anyone do that? I don't understand your play and I guess I never will. I thought your tunneling someone on day 1 was a scum tell but I guess it's just your terrible strategy that you use in every game but never works

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

You're ridiculous. Why would anyone do that? I don't understand your play and I guess I never will. I thought your tunneling someone on day 1 was a scum tell but I guess it's just your terrible strategy that you use in every game but never works

I talked about why I think the things that I think. I'm not sure what part in particular you're having trouble understanding, could you elaborate?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
When has a dude who "scum claimed" day 1 (like literal day 1 of day 1) ever not been town?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Your criteria for calling imgay scum are ridiculous, and have nothing to do with finding scum, its just like finding a list of rules he broke or something

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Now when you called CL also scummy that is something I could see, but I see it as a soft bus where you are his scum buddy

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

When has a dude who "scum claimed" day 1 (like literal day 1 of day 1) ever not been town?

A game that happened like a month ago.

You're selectively engaging content, although I don't think that necessarily makes you scum. I think that scum claim was scummy, but I think the behavior preceding that, his vote and later unvote of merk, is much scummier.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'm not convinced imgay is scum and I'm always down for some early D1 jokes but the role claim was hardly pro-town, especially when it's hardly a power role. It could be trying to appear as a small target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It's a lot more useful than my power.

• Locked thread