Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I still love Guilty Gear! It's characters are way cooler and it doesn't have Catgirls!
I need help! Please don't go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
It's too late, the disease is inside you

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Real talk, I hope 1.1 changes my opinion.
I really do.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The Gorp posted:

Real talk, I hope 1.1 changes my opinion.
I really do.

Play +R.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Which version of non UM 2K2 other than the arcade is good? I heard the PS2 version is pretty decent.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

I can't go back to it man, not after Xrd.
I love the characters and it really sucks that they're missing from Xrd but the camera just feels off now when I try to play XX and I end up getting dizzy. [heh]

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

uncleKitchener posted:

Which version of non UM 2K2 other than the arcade is good? I heard the PS2 version is pretty decent.

The PS2 version is pretty much perfect, just be aware that there's two versions out there for it--the original and patched (Tougeki) version.

The 360 version is based off the Tougeki version and the Steam version is a port of the 360 version.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

Quoting this again since it's still awesome even with Xrd out.

khorma
Jun 23, 2011
+R is best game... never forget...

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
+R is too hard for my dumb retard hands :(

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

boxcarhobo posted:

lmao if you don't buy every single major fighting game release

just lmao

smh if you don't plan to have 3 different copies of arcana heart 3

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
So most of MKX is fixed on the PC. still some frame issues on the bloody rain sky temple stage, and of course netcode from hell. But other than that everything seems fun so far. There is a hell of a lot of stuff to do that you don't even feel like you have to play online against others. The invasion league has been really fun so far. I'd like to see what the invasion towers of each faction are like though. That's still redded out, IDK if its that way on PS4 and Xbone too though. I think they're timed events that take place during the week like the boss fight.

That said tanya is in the game as is rain, you can edit files to play them, but they're very incomplete like they have maybe 3 or 4 moves and no xrays or other stuff. So they feel very unfinished compared to other characters.

I do wonder if you can take the edited files and play online against people with them. I'm guessing no as they wouldn't have the files edited to that.

E:
So basically if NRS manages to fix the netcode by the time ESL starts or shortly after. The game may actually have a long shelflife. I'm not holding my breath but I will pray to whatever void is out there.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Apr 17, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Broken Loose posted:

Literally until the games in question collapsed. Once MK9 and Injustice were solved, most of the non-dedicated NRS players were disgusted and jumped ship. They have the bad kind of top tiers.

youre so full of poo poo lol

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I think reading NRS game threads in SA is more entertaining than actually playing them

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
MKX is the best attempt at a legitimate fighting game that NRS has made. I think that's about as tactful as I can be.

(I'm actually enjoying it for now, but as soon as the really busted poo poo shows up it'll probably suck.)

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

MKX owns and is very fun to play :)

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Any meltdowns in the MK thread this time? I haven't been reading it.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Jmcrofts posted:

I checked it out yesterday and it was very tame but today they same to have really upped their hissy game.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Play +R....with who lmao

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Brosnan posted:

MKX is the best attempt at a legitimate fighting game that NRS has made. I think that's about as tactful as I can be.

(I'm actually enjoying it for now, but as soon as the really busted poo poo shows up it'll probably suck.)

I think we're all holding our breath waiting for the overenthusiastic balance patch, but I'd imagine that's not going to show up until after Evo.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Evil Canadian posted:

MKX owns and is very fun to play :)

It's totally not a knock against the game itself, I just find it oddly entertaining to see people who have never played a fighting game before mix with people who have tons of fighting game experience, and that really only happens in NRS game threads.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Jmcrofts posted:

Yeah it's been a back-and-forth shitfest between FG players mostly trying to be helpful and dudes who are too cool to learn about that nerdy poo poo but can't beat the computer because of how "tight" the inputs for specials are.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Does MKX have a block button....:lol:

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
Brosnan, are you going to make a Tekken 7 thread?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Probably not in the immediate future. It's still quite a ways off from a US release, and honestly I haven't paid close enough attention to the details and changes because of that.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Brosnan posted:

Yeah it's been a back-and-forth shitfest between FG players mostly trying to be helpful and dudes who are too cool to learn about that nerdy poo poo but can't beat the computer because of how "tight" the inputs for specials are.

But moonspeak and impenetrable.

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
One dude in the MKX thread keeps using the term 'MLG autist' to describe people who can do combos. It's a great thread.

Still can't change the buttons or turn off the goddamn input shortcuts.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Foodahn posted:

One dude in the MKX thread keeps using the term 'MLG autist' to describe people who can do combos. It's a great thread.

MKX looks fun as hell, NRS games are fun as hell even if they're broke as poo poo, but this is and always will be the true value of NRS games. Transcending history, and the world, a tale of scrubs and MLG spergs and all that.

Also I'm not buying a PS4 so by the time I get to play it the community will be in full swing "just drunken casuals on the same couch only" level lol

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Brosnan posted:

lol

I haven't been keeping up with this thread (you're welcome), but I'm curious: what's the consensus on MKX? (Probably poo poo, right?) It looks pretty cool, but it also looks like it has that NRS jankiness we know and love.

Is it at least as good as Injustice? (Which I enjoyed quite a bit, aside from the rage quitters.)

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Foodahn posted:

not true you can. Just have to unplug your keyboard before going into the settings :downs:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

lol

I haven't been keeping up with this thread (you're welcome), but I'm curious: what's the consensus on MKX? (Probably poo poo, right?) It looks pretty cool, but it also looks like it has that NRS jankiness we know and love.

Is it at least as good as Injustice? (Which I enjoyed quite a bit, aside from the rage quitters.)

I think it's NRS best game yet. It's not perfect, but it feels really good.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Foodahn posted:

Mortal Kombat is a game series that caters to retards

"Man I don't want to learn combos or special moves like some nerd, that dude just ripped out that guys heart that's loving hardcore. Fighting games are just button mashers lol"

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Apr 18, 2015

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women

Gammatron 64 posted:

Mortal Kombat is a game series that caters to retards

"Man I don't want to learn combos or special moves like some nerd, that dude just ripped out that guys heart that's loving hardcore. Fighting games are just button mashers lol"

"Man I don't want to learn combos or other special moves I'll just hadouken over and over why am I losing this game sucks"

It's easy to be reductionist. A few morons does not a community make.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

MKX just might be the first NRS game not to die off immediately after its Evo debut. That is if something stupid, like Superman in Injustice, doesn't emerge before it, resulting in yet another boring NRS grand final and complete deflation of hype.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Double Bill posted:

MKX just might be the first NRS game not to die off immediately after its Evo debut. That is if something stupid, like Superman in Injustice, doesn't emerge before it, resulting in yet another boring NRS grand final and complete deflation of hype.

yeah Injustice was nice until people realized you could just use Superman/Black Adam/Aquaman over and over and completely poo poo on all the other characters. There wasn't much balance for Injustice which killed my enthusiasm for it.

kind of disappointed that KOFXIII is not on EVO and instead we get 2 loving iterations of Smash Bros. Do people just not like KOF anymore?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

MinibarMatchman posted:

kind of disappointed that KOFXIII is not on EVO and instead we get 2 loving iterations of Smash Bros. Do people just not like KOF anymore?

Did people ever like KOF?

I'm not being an rear end in a top hat, I'm genuinely asking. I thought SNK games were always a niche thing in America and never had much marketshare.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sarchasm posted:

Did people ever like KOF?

I'm not being an rear end in a top hat, I'm genuinely asking. I thought SNK games were always a niche thing in America and never had much marketshare.
depends what america you mean

because latin america loving loves it some kof

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

isn't kof the most popular fightgame in the world? at least from stream viewers and such?

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

everythingWasBees posted:

isn't kof the most popular fightgame in the world? at least from stream viewers and such?

I dont know how youd get those numbers but I would imagine china alone outpaces most other games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
China and Mexico play more KOF than if you took everywhere else in the world and all the fighting games played and put them together.

• Locked thread