Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Ain't no "who wants to sex mutumbo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@jelanijenkins3: Found out I was sleep deprived today lol we gotta fix that

Miami hired a sports science/nutrition guy this year. I'm assuming that is the person who advised Jelani Jenkins that he isn't getting enough sleep. Apparently Steve Ross and the front office are really into all that stuff. I'm curious what other teams are getting more into sports science, advanced nutrition stuff, and also analytics. I know the Eagles do it. How about other teams?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

old dog child posted:

You're supposed to use ginger as a palette cleanser, you loving plebe.

This

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I hazily recall something about a player who switched teams and was shocked to find the cafeteria stocked with nutritious options instead of the lovely greasy stuff he used to eat while on his former team

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The Giants hook up guys to bio sensors and track their heart rates and poo poo with software. They're actually more into sports science then having a 90 year old coach would lead you to think.

Some good it's done them.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

‘Rest is a weapon,’ said Jason, repeating a phrase he had come to believe was a vital truth, vital for survival.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Warren Sapp you stupid motherfucker, you're rich and you've been through the criminal justice system before. Where is your lawyer and why are you talking to the police. On the other hand, if I was his lawyer I would advise him to keep talking because it's hilarious.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Ehud posted:

I don't understand how a blowjob would feel good while wearing a condom.

You see, it's much akin to eating a well done steak...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

Miami hired a sports science/nutrition guy this year. I'm assuming that is the person who advised Jelani Jenkins that he isn't getting enough sleep. Apparently Steve Ross and the front office are really into all that stuff. I'm curious what other teams are getting more into sports science, advanced nutrition stuff, and also analytics. I know the Eagles do it. How about other teams?

the Falcons.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

Here's a couple of articles about the Cowboys:

Microchips the next big thing in sports technology and Cowboys, Mavericks leading the way

The Dallas Cowboys Diet

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Intruder posted:

I hazily recall something about a player who switched teams and was shocked to find the cafeteria stocked with nutritious options instead of the lovely greasy stuff he used to eat while on his former team

Googled around and maybe what I was remembering was Chip Kelly axing all the junk food and replacing it with healthy stuff when he was hired

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tebow's gonna need "Rev 13:17" on his eyeblack

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

waah posted:

You see, it's much akin to eating a well done steak...

I don't get how lathering it in ketchup would make the situation any better

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Intruder posted:

Googled around and maybe what I was remembering was Chip Kelly axing all the junk food and replacing it with healthy stuff when he was hired

Yeah there were a bunch of articles of how players missed Taco Tuesday or some nonsense from what I recall.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

Can't wait for the first ESPN report on what smoothie Tebow gets.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dion Jordan was missing from workouts today. Not sure why.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/20/dion-jordan-does-not-attend-first-day-of-dolphins-workouts/

Everyone else showed up, even Suh.

Maybe we're trading him or something.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Ehud posted:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/20/dion-jordan-does-not-attend-first-day-of-dolphins-workouts/

Hopefully to someone who knows how to use him.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

He's been asked to lose weight again right?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Ehud posted:

bradford will be hurt by week 4

sanchez will get benched

then you'll be begging for tebow time

Tebow's so entertaining I'd even want him on my team.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Hopefully to someone who knows how to use him.

Chilichimp posted:

He's been asked to lose weight again right?

I don't know anymore. Tannenbaum seems to get it. Here's what he said back after we released Wheeler. He was asked if Jordan would get snaps at LB:

quote:

“That’s one we’re going to keep talking through. Obviously he’s a great pressure player in the front seven, a great athlete. We all see the play last year where he’s running 60 yards down-field covering Calvin Johnson. There aren’t many people on the planet that can do those things,” vice president Mike Tannenbaum said, via the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. “He’s a young athletic guy with great upside and we’ll see how that plays out.”

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Warren Sapp you stupid motherfucker, you're rich and you've been through the criminal justice system before. Where is your lawyer and why are you talking to the police. On the other hand, if I was his lawyer I would advise him to keep talking because it's hilarious.

Warren Sapp recently filed for bankruptcy.

Also, gently caress Warren Sapp Forever.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Ehud posted:

I don't know anymore. Tannenbaum seems to get it. Here's what he said back after we released Wheeler. He was asked if Jordan would get snaps at LB:

Trade him to the 49ers for a third rounder, thanks.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm ready for August when the Eagles are behind by 14 points and Tebow is lofting balls at the feet of Marvin Mcnutt

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I'm ready for August when the Eagles are behind by 14 points and Tebow is lofting balls at the feet of Marvin Mcnutt

Replace Tebow in that sentence with Cam, and you had the nightmare of every Carolina Panthers fan until Kelvin Benjamin was drafted.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Today is apparently bad news dump day for the Chargers;

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/apr/20/chargers-weddle-unhappy-contract-acee/

Eric Weddle wants a contract extension, is unhappy he hasn't had more interest from the Chargers.

quote:

"I feel highly, highly disrespected," Weddle said. "... It is what it is, but there is no reason for me to put out any more effort."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000486717/article/tomlinson-philip-rivers-has-lost-faith-in-chargers?campaign=Twitter_atn

LT thinks Rivers won't be playing for the Chargers this year.

quote:

"We talked about this before with Vincent Jackson leaving years ago. There are so many parts that are leaving. When Philip is looking around in that locker room and he doesn't see anyone that he's familiar with other than Antonio Gates.

"Now to that point, Antonio Gates next year is a free agent, Eric Weddle is gonna be up. Next year the Chargers have a lot of decisions to make with a lot of key guys. So Philip could be looking at the situation and thinking 'we're not close to winning a championship anytime soon.' "

quote:

Phillip Rivers wants to move on.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Coldforge posted:

Since when does Lawrence Taylor have an opinion on Philip Rivers?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Coldforge posted:

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/apr/20/chargers-weddle-unhappy-contract-acee/

Eric Weddle wants a contract extension, is unhappy he hasn't had more interest from the Chargers.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000486717/article/tomlinson-philip-rivers-has-lost-faith-in-chargers?campaign=Twitter_atn

I really honestly think that the 2016 Chargers won't have Rivers, Weddle, or Gates on the roster and it's really depressing

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Atticus Finch posted:

Here is the one true ginger at work

That redheaded guy is a starting quarteback in the NFL

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Chichevache posted:

Tannehill has the same hair color as Kevin in The League. They refer to him as a ginger as well and that always bothered me because he doesn't look it at all, in my opinion. I really don't understand when that shift happened.

A good list, but you are missing

Is that the handsome Welker-evolve that basically clowned the Legion of Boom in the SuperBowl?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

SA2K posted:

I really honestly think that the 2016 Chargers won't have Rivers, Weddle, or Gates on the roster and it's really depressing

Good, maybe I can finally quit burning these stupid wooden effigies

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SA2K posted:

You won't be a fan anymore by then anyways buddy!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Coldforge posted:

Rivers is going to be a titan and I'm going to get to root for a competitive team hooray

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Metapod posted:

Rivers is going to be a titan and I'm going to get to root for a competitive team hooray

Rivers sure will make the 2-14 Titans a very competitive 6-10

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Not having Rivers in the AFCW would be weird but I still think the Eagles will be the team to go all out and get Mariota instead.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

That redheaded guy is a starting quarteback in the NFL

not a good one though ,at least

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

SA2K posted:

There's a better life than being a follower of Elway. It's not too late to choose!

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Ehud posted:

I don't understand how a blowjob would feel good while wearing a condom.

Because the best part is the silence. :rimshot:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
SA2K will become a Chiefs fan, because we don't hate each other and he can still wish ill on Elway and Oakland which is the lifeblood of a Just AFCW fan.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

SA2K posted:

Rivers sure will make the 2-14 Titans a very competitive 6-10

9-7 wild card :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Metapod posted:

:hfive:

• Locked thread