Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

I thought we established that all basketball players make excellent tight ends

Get me Spud Webb on the phone, stat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Thanksgiving game Bears-Packers

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I might be the only person in the world who likes Joe Buck. If I wanted to hear someone whoop and holler I'd watch professional wrestling. Buck isn't the best, but I can't loving stand shouty announcers. I know the flow of the game of football. i don't want some noisy douchebag who wants to be the next Al Michaels hearing his voice on a highlight for 30 years telling me when I should be excited.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

NC-17 posted:

Nate Solder won a Super Bowl with only one testicle.

I guess deflate-gate goes deeper than we know.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I want Buck to do a miserable late Monday Night slog with Gruden, because I want to see tired, drunk Gruden berating Buck for the final boring quarters of a Bills Bucs blowouy.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
If he hadn't retired Dierdorf would've been at the top of my list, God he was so terrible

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I might be the only person in the world who likes Joe Buck. If I wanted to hear someone whoop and holler I'd watch professional wrestling. Buck isn't the best, but I can't loving stand shouty announcers. I know the flow of the game of football. i don't want some noisy douchebag who wants to be the next Al Michaels hearing his voice on a highlight for 30 years telling me when I should be excited.

Does this mean you don't like Gus Johnson? Because that is a cardinal sin among sports fans :colbert:

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I can't place gus johnson's voice, let me look him up.

Edit: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4p8O8eWmwcl is that typical gus johnson? Because he sounds like a loud idiot and I don't like him.

Kazak_Hstan fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 21, 2015

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I can't place gus johnson's voice, let me look him up.

STOKELY! DOWN THE SIDELINE! WOOOOOOOW!

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
New draft hats chat:

)

Cityscape under the brim, dope.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Atticus Finch posted:

New draft hats chat:

)

wanna see that Green Bay hat with like a big PAUL'S HARDWARE sign and the towering four-story Days Inn heavily featured

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
They didn't really think the Miami one through.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Ehud posted:

@jelanijenkins3: Found out I was sleep deprived today lol we gotta fix that

Miami hired a sports science/nutrition guy this year. I'm assuming that is the person who advised Jelani Jenkins that he isn't getting enough sleep. Apparently Steve Ross and the front office are really into all that stuff. I'm curious what other teams are getting more into sports science, advanced nutrition stuff, and also analytics. I know the Eagles do it. How about other teams?

Carlos Rogers didn't know he was near-sighted until he left the Redskins

I mean that's basic optometry, not exactly sports science but still.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Atticus Finch posted:

From where I'm standing that looks like New Orleans :tipshat:

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Atticus Finch posted:

New draft hats chat:

)

Detroit's will be the Ren Cen, Ford Field and Comerica Park resting on a pile of rubble.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Time for me to grudgingly say something positive about Jimmy Haslam

quote:

Johnny Manziel - QB - Browns
Coach Mike Pettine insists Johnny Manziel remains in the Browns' plans.
Pettine called ESPN's Chris Mortensen's report that the Browns have "90 percent" moved on from Manziel "90 percent inaccurate." He says he filed it in the "ridiculous category." Pettine has come out swinging in Manziel's defense, but all signs point toward Josh McCown being miles ahead on the depth chart, and the Browns still working to add another quarterback. McCown's talent is such that Manziel could overtake him at some point in 2015, but that's dependent on the Browns failing to land Oregon's Marcus Mariota. Owner Jimmy Haslam is fixated on finding a "franchise quarterback."
He's right about this, the team will not move forward without one and I agree with getting one by any means necessary *i stand looking out the window of a Cleveland Heights tract house holding an m1 and wearing a classic Browns Kosar*

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Bears/Packers on Thanksgiving is dumb as gently caress and is just another case of them trying to swagger jack the Lions

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
e: misread

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

football fuckerman posted:

He's right about this, the team will not move forward without one and I agree with getting one by any means necessary *i stand looking out the window of a Cleveland Heights tract house holding an m1 and wearing a classic Browns Kosar*

He will leave no hobo unturned

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Packers/Bears on Thanksgiving means there's a chance of B.J. Raji eating a giant turkey leg Vince Wilfork style, so I'm all for it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Bears/Packers on Thanksgiving is dumb as gently caress and is just another case of them trying to swagger jack the Lions

They're retiring Favre's number that game too.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Packers/Bears on thanksgiving is great because the only way the Bears stand a chance is if the Packers have too much to eat and start napping

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Atticus Finch posted:

should have been more like hotlime miami

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Favre stuff gonna happen on Thanksgiving yay!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Atticus Finch posted:

Am I the only one that thinks this should just say "YEAAAAAAAAAAH!" and come with some dope shades?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Chichevache posted:

From where I'm standing that looks like New Orleans :tipshat:

Boooooooo

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Save your breath :coolfish:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 45s45 seconds ago
Top corner Jimmy Smith's 4 Year extension with the Ravens is worth $48M and new money average is $10,275,500. Smith gets $21M guaranteed

Cool.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Atticus Finch posted:

New draft hats chat:

)

Oakland's is weird

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
N: http://deadspin.com/the-49ers-want-to-turn-youth-soccer-fields-into-parking-1699225335

V: I'm lying if I say I actually care about some soccer fields, but hooray for making GBS threads on the niner front office.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Ehud posted:

I was in a church production of the story of Jonah when I was a kid. It was a musical and we performed it in front of the entire church. I was one of the guys on the ship who threw Jonah overboard. My fellow shipmates and I took creative liberties with our roles and for some reason decided people thousands of years ago probably talked like pirates.

I wonder what people thought when we grabbed Jonah and gave a hearty "YARRR!" as we threw him overboard. :pirate:

That's awesome. My only knowledge of Jonah comes from Master and Commander (kickass movie btw).

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Kazak_Hstan posted:

N: http://deadspin.com/the-49ers-want-to-turn-youth-soccer-fields-into-parking-1699225335

V: I'm lying if I say I actually care about some soccer fields, but hooray for making GBS threads on the niner front office.

These are trying times for government coffers. Either you take the $15 million for a couple fields of grass, or grandma doesn't get her pension.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Oakland's is weird

Pittsburgh fan says what?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

From Jeff Darlington; RG3 told me Brady politely refused to give him advice during joint practices. “Not until my career is done, Rob,” he said.

It's no Michael Jordan destroying Mugsy Bogues's confidence with one line, but I'll take it.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Yeah, I find it hard to believe you can't find a few soccerfields with $15m

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

They get used by the soccer league for three months of the year. If they were multi-use fields, and we weren't in the middle of a drought, I might give a poo poo about the kids. On the admittedly rare occasion I've driven by there, however, I've never once seen the fields occupied.

My neighborhood park just bulldozed two of it's field areas and covered them in mulch, to save water. I say pave that poo poo.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Mel Mudkiper posted:

and now its starting to quit entirely :smith:

Your hair is linked to Tebow's career, like Samson. Quick, use some hair growth stuff.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
The Vikings hat has the Metrodome in its skyline

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Pittsburgh fan says what?

Don't poo poo on his funny posts, man.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Sour Diesel posted:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 45s45 seconds ago
Top corner Jimmy Smith's 4 Year extension with the Ravens is worth $48M and new money average is $10,275,500. Smith gets $21M guaranteed

Cool.

Its cool that him and Webb are locked up for a while now. Itd be a lot cooler if they were both healthy at the same time

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kalli posted:

From Jeff Darlington; RG3 told me Brady politely refused to give him advice during joint practices. “Not until my career is done, Rob,” he said.

It's no Michael Jordan destroying Mugsy Bogues's confidence with one line, but I'll take it.
Yeah, "shoot it you loving midget" isn't as endearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Yeah, "shoot it you loving midget" isn't as endearing.

false

• Locked thread