Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gay sewer monster
Jan 18, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Hank is absolutely the coolest character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

WhyteRyce posted:

The first episode I thought we were supposed to hate Hank but then I realized that he was just a cool dude with a personality and that Walt was just a boring snob who later morphed into a boring rear end in a top hat

Hank represents conventional bourgeois morality, so at first you spurn him as dull, but as Walt goes off the rails you realize Hank's essential role in society.

He also made his own beer and loved geodes.

gay sewer monster
Jan 18, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Agag posted:

Hank represents conventional bourgeois morality, so at first you spurn him as dull, but as Walt goes off the rails you realize Hank's essential role in society.

This, only without the gay capitalist philosophy words.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Xaris posted:

this is a really bad attempt to win the yobbery contest bro

plz work on it. like this is a good one http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714630

just ask if yo uwant pointers, yw

why would you link to that i feel filthy

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Agag posted:

Every man loves geodes.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

LegoPirateNinja posted:

i go by flynn, dad

please, no disabled kid is getting a nickname unrelated to their disability.

like in the 80s they'd have called him gerry.

why gerry?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Frostwerks posted:

why gerry?

Jerry's kids I'm guessing?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fishy Joe posted:

because every scene shes in is time taking away from the parts of the show that are interesting. woopie she hosed ted well guess what bitch aint no one caring if you aint in the game

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
Dozens of goons (watching a really good show and rooting against the protagonist)(in Chappie voice): No! No making drugs! Walt no crimes!

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Pulp Can Move posted:

Dozens of goons (watching a really good show and rooting against the protagonist)(in Chappie voice): No! No making drugs! Walt no crimes!

Good post format for this otherwise wrong-rear end opinion.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

What did she see in Ted? It looked like he had wrinkley old man balls. His heated floor?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

WhyteRyce posted:

What did she see in Ted? It looked like he had wrinkley old man balls. His heated floor?

Just using him to get over on Walt.

No downside for Ted, until the brain damage.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

man and why would you root against that macbeth guy, he's the protagonist which means he's in the right, dude just wanted what was coming to him

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Agag posted:

Just using him to get over on Walt.

No downside for Ted, until the brain damage.

But she boinked him before meth, or at least have him a very dirty birthday song and pseudo lap dance

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
that.. DUMB BITCH held back MY MAIN MAN. WALTER. WHITE. he was TRYYIINNNGGG to do something GOOD for his FAT BITCH WIFE and his STUTTERING human being GIMP SON and allllll she diiiid was biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch and moooooooooooaaaan. like SHE loving EVER got money for the family. so gently caress HER and gently caress YOU.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Leon Einstein posted:

The half-hearted hand job rubbed people the wrong way.

That was the funniest moment in the whole series.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

StashAugustine posted:

man and why would you root against that macbeth guy, he's the protagonist which means he's in the right, dude just wanted what was coming to him

We need a Rosencrantz of Breaking Bad. It could be 5 seasons of Flynn getting picked up by Lewis and going to school

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
Did anyone outside the White family ever eat breakfast? It's pretty weird that they were constantly seen eating breakfast but no one else was.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

There was that part where she was hating on walt super hard-core after he "blacked-out". While the audience knew it was bullshit, to a character in the show it really seemed really bitchy to hate on a guy because he had a mental break. It was a lot of small things like that, which to someone who knew the whole story she acted justifiably but with what the character knew it was really awful and an overreaction... then she goes all super detective and connects a whole bunch of small clues and comes to the right conclusion that walt has been making meth the whole time so that doesn't matter anymore.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Man Whore posted:

There was that part where she was hating on walt super hard-core after he "blacked-out". While the audience knew it was bullshit, to a character in the show it really seemed really bitchy to hate on a guy because he had a mental break. It was a lot of small things like that, which to someone who knew the whole story she acted justifiably but with what the character knew it was really awful and an overreaction... then she goes all super detective and connects a whole bunch of small clues and comes to the right conclusion that walt has been making meth the whole time so that doesn't matter anymore.

Iirc around the same time he was also acting hella suspicious and she thought he might be cheating on him

But its like chill lady dude is just making meth with his twinky sidekick

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Robo Reagan posted:

Iirc around the same time he was also acting hella suspicious and she thought he might be cheating on him

But its like chill lady dude is just making meth with his twinky sidekick

you said "which phone" when you were on hospital drugs, I know that no one ever says anything crazy while on drugs. Granted then she found out he didn't actually visit his mother when he said he did.

DessertStorm
Aug 9, 2013

TEAYCHES posted:

skyler was right to be a jerk considering her lesser half was a murdering psychopath loser

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Pulp Can Move posted:

Did anyone outside the White family ever eat breakfast? It's pretty weird that they were constantly seen eating breakfast but no one else was.

Also, only a couple scenes where someone uses the bathroom. People need to go way more often than that. Whole narrative seeming pretty shaky now.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
Why I don't like skyler-
"Oh man walt drugs are bad stop being a mean man"
*takes the money*
*pretends Walt could provide the same income going legit

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Literally The Worst posted:

they ended up doing okay with her being the more rational member of the family w/r/t walt's poo poo, a lot of goons just didn't like her because for the first few seasons she was basically a roadblock to ~walt's sucess~ and also the I hosed Ted thing

"how dare she hurt the man she no longer loves and wants out of her life but who refuses to leave because he's a petty poo poo who insists on having his own way" :qq:

i just felt like she was written in the first couple seasons to basically control walt and humiliate/emasculate him at every opportunity. i don't know if that's how they intended to write her but that's how she came off. i mean that bored birthday handjob? come on

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i just want to know what happened to the minerals. seems like they just totally ignored that loose end and hoped we would forget. well, you know what vince gilligan? i didn't. and i want answers.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Anna Gunn is mad hot.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
all is knows is hank died the way he lived

surrounded by rocks

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
gale deserved to get shot for that goony karaoke video

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The main reason I didn't like Skyler (the character, not the actress) when I first watched it was the way she reacted to things in the early part of the show - specifically, when they were having a discussion and she just drove off while his back was turned, and the cigarette thing. I mean she's a grown woman, usually you learn when you're a kid not to flush something as solid as a pack of cigarettes down the toilet. Also the insistence on the car wash over anything else. Buying the business that you worked at and were miserable at makes just as little sense as randomly investing in laser tag. I mean, they already "admitted" that he got into gambling with blackjack, why not just play the laser tag thing off as another gamble? After all, that way Danny would be in charge of the money laundering, and she could stay out of it, but she just couldn't stand not being in charge, or at least heavily involved in some way. Anyway it was just the pettiness and unreasonable-ness of her reactions and how she had to always be right that annoyed me. Yeah she had a reason to not react 100% rationally, but people are allowed to be annoyed at unreasonable actions without misogyny being involved.

Despite my mild annoyance at her character though, she was an important part of the show and some of the best episodes wouldn't have happened if she hadn't done stupid things like giving Ted all the money.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Murphy Brownback posted:

The main reason I didn't like Skyler (the character, not the actress) when I first watched it was the way she reacted to things in the early part of the show - specifically, when they were having a discussion and she just drove off while his back was turned, and the cigarette thing. I mean she's a grown woman, usually you learn when you're a kid not to flush something as solid as a pack of cigarettes down the toilet. Also the insistence on the car wash over anything else. Buying the business that you worked at and were miserable at makes just as little sense as randomly investing in laser tag. I mean, they already "admitted" that he got into gambling with blackjack, why not just play the laser tag thing off as another gamble? After all, that way Danny would be in charge of the money laundering, and she could stay out of it, but she just couldn't stand not being in charge, or at least heavily involved in some way. Anyway it was just the pettiness and unreasonable-ness of her reactions and how she had to always be right that annoyed me. Yeah she had a reason to not react 100% rationally, but people are allowed to be annoyed at unreasonable actions without misogyny being involved.

That said, the people going as far as calling her a "oval office" and sending death threats to the actress probably do in fact hate women. Despite my mild annoyance at her character, she was an important part of the show and some of the best episodes wouldn't have happened if she hadn't done stupid things like giving Ted all the money.

lmaooooooooo

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i forgot about the smoking whilst pregnant thing, truly she is history's greatest monster

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I can't believe the White family had two retarded children

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Sexism.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
It was pretty funny how Walt figured he was so incredibly smart and intelligent and Hank came so close to busting him multiple times and it was only blind luck and the fact Walt didn't seem like the type that prevented it happening.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
it was funny when he told hank that gale probably wasnt the guy he was after because he didnt want him taking credit for his work

he is a very bad criminal

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
The way I see it we are all just one half assed hand job away from turning into murderous drug dealing psychopaths.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

XMNN posted:

it was funny when he told hank that gale probably wasnt the guy he was after because he didnt want him taking credit for his work

he is a very bad criminal

He was dying of cancer and wanted Heisenbrug to live on even after he died. Legacy was a big theme.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
well yes but the legacy bit is what makes him a smart guy who became a bad criminal rather than a criminal mastermind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

babypolis posted:

the only moral character in breaking bad was marie

During the first season baby shower she wore this purple dress and I've had a crush on her ever since

• Locked thread