Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Mid it is then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
No, please.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I haven't been following Uthgard development and progress at all honestly. They'd better start it up before CU is released/beta though. Any guesstimated ETA?

As for the realm I agree with Pringles, we've had a good run on midgard on Genesis. And while it is probably the most competitive realm as all the core abilities/skills are concentrated in the minimum amount of classes, I'd like a change.
However Albion is on the other end of the spectrum where all cool pvp abilities are so thinned out over the different classes. So my vote goes to Hibernia.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
I always wanted to be a nature druid.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

SERPUS posted:

I always wanted to be a nature druid.

Scumbag...
How many times did our group invite a second unknown druid to our 8-man, and the first thing they do is summoning a blue con bear pet. Then you know you're in for trouble...
Cave Shamen and even arguably Smite Clerics have their use. But... aww man no.

If we roll Hibernia on Uthgard I might consider rolling a Mentalist, never got to play one but always loved their toolkit (even if it wasn't that optimal for pvp)

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Evernoob posted:

Scumbag...
How many times did our group invite a second unknown druid to our 8-man, and the first thing they do is summoning a blue con bear pet. Then you know you're in for trouble...
Cave Shamen and even arguably Smite Clerics have their use. But... aww man no.

If we roll Hibernia on Uthgard I might consider rolling a Mentalist, never got to play one but always loved their toolkit (even if it wasn't that optimal for pvp)

Nature druids are good and cool. If they're specced right. aoe roots/insta roots are pretty nice especially against tank heavy groups. But it's kind of hard to justify one on Uthgard with the lack of buffbots.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not sure how Uthgard is going to handle Earth Wizards, but on live they are god drat amazing. I guess I could be convinced to play any realm, but I just love alb so much. :(

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Kazvall posted:

I'm not sure how Uthgard is going to handle Earth Wizards, but on live they are god drat amazing. I guess I could be convinced to play any realm, but I just love alb so much. :(

They're going to be like they were on live at the time. Garbage.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004

Evernoob posted:

Speaking of garbage: My first Hib was a mentalist, and boy was it discouraging when I rolled into RVR that first time and sat on the wall of a keep, waiting for some dummies to get in range of my dot. Sure enough, a group ran by and I splashed all of them with the aoe dot. MAYBE half of the dots crit for about 125 damage per tick while the rest hovered around the 80's. I don't even think the group stopped to cleanse or heal, they just kept on running by. :downsgun:

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
For levelling up as a Mentalist definitely go the PoM/HoT/DoT line, but at 40 respeccing to the illusions line or whatever it was called is kind of required if you want to do any serious PvP as a light nuker. Also being able to charm some particular mobs adds to the fun (and frustration) factor.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Evernoob posted:

For levelling up as a Mentalist definitely go the PoM/HoT/DoT line, but at 40 respeccing to the illusions line or whatever it was called is kind of required if you want to do any serious PvP as a light nuker. Also being able to charm some particular mobs adds to the fun (and frustration) factor.

Vengeance hib/exc?

http://nixianplay.com/index.php?page=charbuilder
Charbuilder for 1.69, so not totally accurate. No shears eg.
Any day now boys!

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Until what?

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Uthgard relaunch.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

I'd be shocked if it relaunched this year even

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
It'd better relaunch before CU, and not like 1 month before....

The first few weeks of Genesis were really great. And if that plat transfer scandal had not happened I think people would have stayed once they got their server crashes / zone resets under control.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Evernoob posted:

It'd better relaunch before CU, and not like 1 month before....

The first few weeks of Genesis were really great. And if that plat transfer scandal had not happened I think people would have stayed once they got their server crashes / zone resets under control.

I'm still predicting a summer launch. With the recent flurry of activity (and the announcement of them scrapping SI lands for launch.) it seems likely.

Re: 1.69 RA's:

http://web.archive.org/web/20021205100150/http://www.camelotherald.com/realmabilities/abilities.html that should be around 1.65~

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

[08:40:52] <Dottormetallic> any news? :)
[08:41:19] <@[Uth]Trishin> did you read the grab bag yet?
[08:42:27] <[Infinitum]> No 'new' news at the moment Dottormetallic
[08:43:10] <Dottormetallic> yes i read trishin :)
[08:43:59] <Dottormetallic> but all us need an ETA :)
[08:44:22] <@[Uth]Trishin> I see you werent in here yesterday
[08:45:03] <Dottormetallic> i work drat :(
[08:45:15] <[Infinitum]> It will be done when it's done Dottormetallic ;)
[08:45:40] <@[Uth]Trishin> Basically it's a practical impossibility to give an ETA at this moment (and most likely will be until we are at 90-99% finished)
[08:46:25] <[Infinitum]> Preferably 99%.
[08:46:40] <@[Uth]Trishin> That at least will make it more likely to be a reachable ETA
[08:46:56] <Dottormetallic> yes basically, you cant give an ETA... mmm it's possible to know what miss in the DB of the server for open the server ? if need hard work or not :)
[08:47:16] <@[Uth]Trishin> It's not what is missing in the DB, but yes it's hard work
[08:47:29] <@[Uth]Trishin> Blue is still rewriting the entire RvR code (keeps, guards, relics, etc)
[08:47:32] <Dottormetallic> uhhh T_T
[08:47:46] <Dottormetallic> hard work really
[08:48:03] <@[Uth]Trishin> Also we have a bunch of other issues still open
[08:48:22] <@[Uth]Trishin> that has to be fixed before we reopen (and by has to, I mean has to)
[08:49:06] <Dottormetallic> mmm i think so another 2 or 3 months so...
[08:49:34] <Dottormetallic> other *
[08:49:55] <@[Uth]Trishin> Could eta anything from 1 month to 10 years at this point
[08:50:08] <@[Uth]Trishin> It all depends on RL schedules
[08:50:13] <Dottormetallic> yeah T_T
[08:50:54] <Dottormetallic> if you need a scripter or coder for a help, ask ;)
[08:51:17] <@[Uth]Trishin> We don't really, we need everyone to find time to finish their projects tbh

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Yeah. A bunch of testing went in to the rvr/keeps about 3 weekends ago. So probably wrapping that up.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
So, a nature druid, a bard, and six light ments is the plan for our core?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

SERPUS posted:

I would play an eld if I can get in on the leveling groups early. I guess it depends on when it's actually released and what is going on in life at that point.

Is anyone playing live at the moment? I'm getting the itch a little bit

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

SERPUS posted:

Bard, druid, druid, light eld,, 4x tanks.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
4 blademasters.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I still really want to recreate the 8 paladin pve group.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
"Roving bands of smite clerics are ruining rvr!" - Dec 2000

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

SERPUS posted:

Has it been so many years already eh? :(

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

SERPUS posted:

As of a few months ago there is a r12 smite cleric on live [who is a buttlord] who does a shocking amount of damage.

When we first hit their group and they yelled "TARGET <smite cleric>" on inc I laughed and then he stunned and triple nuked my fully sced blademaster to death.

:(

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006
calling all forest friends for a game of touch tail
Good ole castertroy I bet

For uthgard me (schnoodles/schepps) and lash are both down for hib. Reading all these posts has me feelin the itch again, maybe it's time to resub on live. I had so much fun with our smallman alb stealth group with serpus, and uh, everyone else I can't remember right now.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

ggschmitty posted:

For uthgard me (schnoodles/schepps) and lash are both down for hib. Reading all these posts has me feelin the itch again, maybe it's time to resub on live. I had so much fun with our smallman alb stealth group with serpus, and uh, everyone else I can't remember right now.

Live just never scratches that itch for me. It's all so foreign and weird. And I never make it out of the 49 battle ground, because it takes like 9 months to cap out.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Sure, I'll hop on the hib train for whenever uth comes back. Nightshade and battlebard. Everyone is going to hate me.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner

ggschmitty posted:

AWYEAH Hib time on uthgard is going to be excellent.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Dibs on buffbot druid

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Anyone that hangs out on the uthgard irc know what the deal is with the website? It's been down for several days.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Be warned though I am only making a non-stealther so I can get actual raid drops. All the rest of my time will be spent perfing people and running away. I figured a bard is wanted everywhere. And you don't sacrifice much putting like 21 into blades.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004

PriNGLeS posted:

Anyone that hangs out on the uthgard irc know what the deal is with the website? It's been down for several days.

Anyone who hangs out in uthgard irc is no friend of mine.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Hyping over a still undisclosed release date of a freeshard of a 15 year old game...

(Dibs on Mentalist or Eldritch)

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
The real hype is going to be how fast I can download the game and get it installed on 90kbps internet.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

SERPUS posted:

The real hype is going to be how fast I can download the game and get it installed on 90kbps internet.

20 hours or so.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Uthgard 2/3.0 will not be released anytime soon. With that said, i'd love to re-create my light eld from live days.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

PriNGLeS posted:

Wellllllllllllllll,

Every Uthgard staff member quit irc except 1 (they were all connected to irc via the uthgard server), and the one remaining person had no idea what happened for a few days, and then when they did know, wouldn't say.

A couple days ago everything came back up and was misconfigured, with every directory browsable, including commit logs and forum/game account emails. An hour or two later and it was back down again.

Everything seems back to normal now, and it appears they switched from apache to nginx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

quote:

3. Will pets / mobs follow players when they stealth?

All monsters will behave as they did prior to the stealth fixes in 1.87 - they will follow relentlessly.

Oh lord.

• Locked thread