Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Fiendly posted:

Is "thirty six caliber" even a thing? I think Frank was two years too young for that one liner.

well .36" as a bullet diameter is not a thing but 9mm Luger has a bullet diameter of .355" so he was probably referring to 9mm in a roundabout way :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
I seem to recall an interview with Thomas Jane about the Punisher game, where he said he'd actually found the voice work very difficult. Jane was used to having other actors to play off of, and being alone in the booth recording his dialogue was a very different experience for him.

Jane may not have enjoyed the experience, but I think he still did a great job.

I find it interesting that Kaboom's War Journal segment clocks in at 4:44, considering what the number 4 means in Chinese. Probably not intentional, but cool nonetheless.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
So am I the only one who thought the 2004 movie was actually good overall and not in a "so bad it's good" way? (Albeit with some awkward bits in it.) :saddowns:

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

IBlameRoadSuess posted:

So am I the only one who thought the 2004 movie was actually good overall and not in a "so bad it's good" way? (Albeit with some awkward bits in it.) :saddowns:

I thought it was a good movie, too. It was fun, the characters were cool, and Mark Collie sang that [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaHUtylpiWAfantastic song.[/url]

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

Leavemywife posted:

I thought it was a good movie, too. It was fun, the characters were cool, and Mark Collie sang that fantastic song.

Agreed, that is pretty fantastic. And the sequence that followed it was quite fun to watch.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

Fiendly posted:

Is "thirty six caliber" even a thing? I think Frank was two years too young for that one liner..

Modern day Frank Castle may have been... but Jake Gallows, Punisher of the year 2099 isn't!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That exchange in the first two minutes is one of my favorite things ever.

"You brutally killed a man to save me!"

"Yes...to save you."

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

Fiendly posted:

Is "thirty six caliber" even a thing? I think Frank was two years too young for that one liner.
It was a popular-ish revolver caliber around the time of the American Civil War. AFAIK it has not showed up in any mainstream form since.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

IBlameRoadSuess posted:

It's not an all time classic or anything, but I thought it was decent. And that and Ennis's time on the comic sold me on the character, who I had previously scoffed at. Well, that and the PC version of this game, which I liked a lot.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

The only thing google turns up for a .36 calibur is an 1851 Colt Navy revolver.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

and that's blackpowder and neither Jake or Frank strike me as the guys that would be into that

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Update - Part 2

I mean, it's called a "chop shop." They were practically asking for it. Unlockables from the Extras menu have been added to the second post!

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

The entire 2099 line was both the loving stupidest and the greatest thing ever.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

IBlameRoadSuess posted:

I actually really liked it...

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

IBlameRoadSuess posted:

I thought it was the best Marvel movie made until they got their act together with the Avengers Initiative movies.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Dolph Lundgren Punisher (with Louis Gossett Jr as cop ex-partner) all the way, you guys are nuts.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

kalonZombie posted:

I thought it was the best Marvel movie made until they got their act together with the Avengers Initiative movies.

Basically this. Compared to the avengers stuff nowadays, it's basically just a shoestring budget movie with some good acting. But at the time it was quite good for a "comic book movie."

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Fiendly posted:

Update - Part 2

I mean, it's called a "chop shop." They were practically asking for it. Unlockables from the Extras menu have been added to the second post!

You forgot to go and talk to he truck driver after you talked to that first woman, basically you wind up overhearing him making a phone call where he admits that he was playing dumb. And then you can kill him.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

David D. Davidson posted:

You forgot to go and talk to he truck driver after you talked to that first woman, basically you wind up overhearing him making a phone call where he admits that he was playing dumb. And then you can kill him.

Oh man, that's awesome! I'm definitely going to check that out.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

kalonZombie posted:

Spider-Man 2? X-Mans 2? FUCKIN BLADE BRO?!?!?!

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Dolph Lundgren Punisher (with Louis Gossett Jr as cop ex-partner) all the way, you guys are nuts.

This goon knows what's up.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Did that movie have Punisher fighting a pink shirt wearing Kevin Nash to Peter Dvorsky? No it did not. Inferior movie. :colbert:

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:

DeathChicken posted:

Did that movie have Punisher fighting a pink shirt wearing Kevin Nash to Peter Dvorsky? No it did not. Inferior movie. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkjQEBvcAdE

"What the gently caress do you call 125 murders in five years?"

"Work in progress."

Dolph Lundgren Punisher is Best Punisher.

Q.E.D.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

David D. Davidson posted:

From the first three pages of the Welcome Back Frank run (doesn't have any real spoilers for the storyline as it's to introduce the idea that Frank is back in New York).

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The hilarious overconfidence of the thugs never ceases to amuse me. You just dropped a car on three guys, crushing them in an instant, and the fourth one immediately belts out 'HA! THAT ALL YOU GOT?'

Oh, mooks. :allears:

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Night10194 posted:

The hilarious overconfidence of the thugs never ceases to amuse me. You just dropped a car on three guys, crushing them in an instant, and the fourth one immediately belts out 'HA! THAT ALL YOU GOT?'

Oh, mooks. :allears:

Hey, they only need to get lucky once.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Spider-Man 2? X-Mans 2? FUCKIN BLADE BRO?!?!?!

All of the Raimi Spider-Man movies are awful and I don't know how anybody can say any of them are better than either of the Amazing Spider-Man movies.

X-Men 2 was alright, but suffered from Too Many Cooks with how many characters are in it.

Never saw Blade, so you may have me on that one.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

kalonZombie posted:

Never saw Blade, so you may have me on that one.

Well, this should provide you with incentive,both it and the second one are really good. Trinity can kiss my blubbery rear end.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

Well, this should provide you with incentive,both it and the second one are really good. Trinity can kiss my blubbery rear end.

Woah woah woah is that the guy who plays Harvey Bullock in that scene? Okay, now I need to watch this movie.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I liked the 2004 movie for the parts where he's dismantling the Saints in various ways. I really didn't like the first act (it's drug waaaaay down for me because the kid who plays his son can't act for poo poo) and while I liked the idea of the losers in the apartment, I didn't like them. When the movie is about Thomas Jane being the Punisher, I liked it. When it's about him before that or when it's playing the Odd Couple with his neighbors, I can't.

Also too many of the fights are over too soon. The guitarist gets a nice build up, but just as the fight starts, it's over. I would have liked more of the fights to be like the Russian's.

It's been too long since I saw the Lundgren Punisher for me to remember how I feel about the whole thing, but I remember the climax being a monster of a time.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 25, 2015

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

kalonZombie posted:

Woah woah woah is that the guy who plays Harvey Bullock in that scene? Okay, now I need to watch this movie.

Yuuup. That's Gotham's Harvey Bullock as the #1 henchman (Steven Dorff is the main villain.)

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

VolticSurge posted:

The one good thing about Trinity is Ryan Reynolds. I was skeptical about his ability to play Deadpool at first, but after watching a compilation of his scenes on YT, I was sold immediately.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Dolph Lundgren is the best Punisher.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Oh Hay... the Thomas Jane Punisher is on Netflix.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Since everyone is probably curious (and rightfully so), I'm going to start posting the uncensored versions of the interrogations, which some guy on YouTube has recorded and conveniently organized by level for just such an occasion. Enjoy!

Uncensored Crackhouse Interrogations
Uncensored Chop Shop Interrogations

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

yo what, no mention of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXhKzY0BKwY?

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

So... I've been playing GTA recently... and can't help but think that the Punisher would be the perfect character/character archtype to build an inverse GTA around. Because he's basically a GTA protagonist, without the whole "immoral scumbag" attached to it.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
I love those comic pages. That moment of "Welp, my life is over now."

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Didn't want to spoil the movie for Kalon,but yeah,that's my favorite line from the first one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!
This game reminds me of this old PS1 game I liked called Dead to Rights. It was hammy as gently caress, complete with the Noir-like narration, and was a crime story involving a trigger-happy hero named Slate who performs similar executions when taking hostages and doing the like. I think he was a cop vigilante or something though. It was more of an arcade shoot 'em up though and was really bad, but like this game, there's something so drat entertaining (read: loveable) about it.

Also, I liked the 2004 Tom Jane Punisher best. The apartment losers got to me too, though.

• Locked thread